PDA

View Full Version : Pianists

JackSparrow0791
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, does anyone know how to play the piano and if u can, how good are u?

Relate how good u are by saying some pieces u can play.

I can play some elton john pieces ( working on can u feel the love tonight, fur elise, etc. been playing for 3 1/2 years

MuNkY
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
I was teaching myself there for a while. I got pretty good too, but then I lost my access to a piano.

2HOT2touch
12-12-2005, 06:12 PM
i played from 3rd grade untill the end of ninth so that is around 7 years. and then I stopped this year. I can play Fur Elis by heart, I can play Ode To Joy by heart and I can play some of Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman by heart. But I can pretty much read any music and then play it.

DizParks
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I play by ear, mostly movie scores.

TheBellhop
12-12-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't been playing for a long time, beginning 8th grade. I'm in an advanced course, and it's pretty hard, but I'm already starting to learn pretty tough pieces.

I love the piano.

Daisymae26
12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
i've been playing for a while, but i loathe taking lessons. i'd rather play and learn songs by ear. :)

DisneyGirl421
12-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I took lessons from 2nd to 8th grade...
and now I just mess around on the piano, sight reading stuff.
I can play most of the songs from Phantom of the Opera (some better than others...) and I can play Canon in D from memory

Tiinkerbelle
12-13-2005, 01:20 PM
I can play many songs..Lol took piano lessons when I was 8-11? I think I'm a visual person so I caught on very fast.
Hmm lets see pieces..Fuer Elise, the main title of the notebook..things like that.

Princess Ash
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I win :goodvibes

I've been playing the piano for 10 years...still continuing.

I've also been teaching piano for two and a half years. I LOVE IT!

I can play lots of pretty classical pieces, Piano Man by Billy Joel, Cannon in D, working on Incomplete by Backstreet Boys...

Piano is not a natural thing for me tho...I have to work really hard at it...so if i don't practice...welllllllllllllll....I stink, hahahahahahaha

I'd be a lot better if I practiced more in these 10 years...

My favorite classical piece I've played so far was about 8 pages long, and took me about 8 months to learn, called Gradus Ad Parnassum, or Children's Corner.

VERY PRETTY...I HIGHLY suggest d/ling it

ann-e-mator
12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I've been playing for almost 15 years now. I can play every song from Phantom of the Opera by heart. Thats mostly what I play but I can play just about anything if I have the sheet music.

Disneymusicgirl
12-14-2005, 09:08 PM
I've been playing for almost 15 years now. I can play every song from Phantom of the Opera by heart. Thats mostly what I play but I can play just about anything if I have the sheet music.

Wow, 15 years? Did you start playing at like, age 2?

Anyway, I've been playing for like 9 years or so. I take both classical and jazz lessons, and I've been the pianist for jazz band for 4 years. Hardest jazz: Rhapsody in Blue. Hardest classical: Debussy's Golliwogg's Cakewalk from his Children's Corner (I love his music....some of it's featured in the video in France at epcot)

Disneymusicgirl
12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
My favorite classical piece I've played so far was about 8 pages long, and took me about 8 months to learn, called Gradus Ad Parnassum, or Children's Corner.

VERY PRETTY...I HIGHLY suggest d/ling it

Yup, I've heard of that.....Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum, from Debussy's Children's Corner. I agree, it is very pretty.

ann-e-mator
12-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Wow, 15 years? Did you start playing at like, age 2?

2 1/2 :rotfl: lol

JackSparrow0791
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Piano is not a natural thing for me tho...I have to work really hard at it...so if i don't practice...welllllllllllllll....I stink, hahahahahahaha

Yea im really lucky playin the piano come very natuarally to me, i can play almost any song as long as i have the music

belle7622
12-16-2005, 04:42 PM
I have been playing piano for 7 years now. I am sorta good. Not that good for fast pieces but I love playing blues. I can play Go the Distance from Hercules and Greensleeves.

Princess Ash
12-17-2005, 12:44 AM
We should be able to put recorded music on the DIS...but that would prolly take up a lot of room, huh?

PolynessianBaby
12-17-2005, 02:30 PM
I've played since 2nd grade and I'm still taking lessons and I'm in 10th now so about 8 years and I've had about 4 different teachers. But I'm pretty good. I just hate playing in front of people I get so nervous I ahve a break down before every one!-haha-
Taylor*