PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hard-to-find Nintendo game - any ideas?

musicmama
12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
(hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules here, if I am - mods please be gentle and explain the error of my ways to me)

I promised my brother (who sometimes visits this forum) that I would get his 2 DDs the "Mario Dance Dance Revolution" for Gamecube for Christmas. However, I never never knew this thing would sell out so quickly and end up for 3 times its store price on ebay (item is $50., selling on ebay for up to $ 150.)

Tried pretty much every Target, Walmart, Kmart, Sears and EBGames/Gamestop stores within 100 miles of suburban Philly (in Penna) over the weekend with no success. If anybody knows of a store that has one - no matter where (including state) you are - would you please PM me. Hopefully it's somewhere I can call and get them to ship.

Thanks all.

MovingThemOut
12-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I saw this in our local Best Buy yesterday. Paducah, KY zip is either 42001 or 42003. Let me know if I can be of any further help, I "think" I will be out that way tomorrow.

HM
12-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I saw a couple boxes in stock at my local EBGames on Saturday. New Hope Commons Store in Durham NC 27707. Maybe they can ship?

-HM

PA DISNEYLOVER
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
I am from your area and I am also having a hard time finding it. I was told by two different stores that they had no idea that this would be an in demand game and did not make enough to keep up with the demand. I think I am going to buy Ds a Gift card and he can get it when all the hype dies down.

welovedis
12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Buy.com was (as of last week) taking orders for these, I got an email stating they expected shipment in early January. While I realize it wouldn't make it there in time for the holiday it is something that is way overpriced at this point because the supply is so low, but they are making more.

drgnfly30
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
My son, who is a die hard gamer & a work colleague that part times at EB Games have both confirmed that production of this game has stopped & is rumored to begin again in the spring... I had to get it off ebay - I paid about $90 total for it.... Good luck if you can get it retail!

musicmama
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks, HM and MovingThemOut - tried both stores and both out of stock. Placed a buy.com order yesterday but have had poor experiences with them in cases such as this (can you say 2003 Holiday Barbie that never showed up) so not expecting anything there.

I admit that I am fundamentally opposed to paying upwards of $ 100+ for a $ 50. game on ebay. I understand the laws of supply and demand (was a marketing manager for awhile) but I think 2x or 3x the retail price plus overinflated shipping is excessive.

Rex Rules
12-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Holy Cow!
Thank GOD For Grandma - she got this for DD before Thanksgiving. I just want an extra dance mat, so Mommy can play along too!! :cool1:
Can I count that as my aerobic workout???

harleyquinn
12-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Holy Cow!
Thank GOD For Grandma - she got this for DD before Thanksgiving. I just want an extra dance mat, so Mommy can play along too!! :cool1:
Can I count that as my aerobic workout???

I've got it and i count it as my exercise! it even keeps a count of calories burned for you! Love it!! DH bought it the day it was released.

I've seen copies around here. Maybe I can buy it and send it to you? PM if no one else has offered!

musicmama
12-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I've seen copies around here. Maybe I can buy it and send it to you? PM if no one else has offered!

I just PMd you.

Pat

spoon2003
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Been looking for it in the greater Boston, New England area and has not been able to get one!!! Will wait till after the New Year, hopefully more will be available and DD will get it for her birthday.

Sue in Boston

Doede95
12-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I saw a used one at EB Games in Joliet, IL tonight. The area code is (815). It was $44. I am sure you want new, but just thought I would let you know. Good luck!

musicmama
12-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I saw a used one at EB Games in Joliet, IL tonight. The area code is (815). It was $44. I am sure you want new, but just thought I would let you know. Good luck!

Guess I may be calling there tomorrow. Another poster offered her assistance, and if that works out, I may call anyway and post in case anyone else is looking for this game. I'd rather have new, but it might be worth a shot.

welovedis
12-13-2005, 10:08 AM
If you really are desperate to get one, check out the Buy it Now auctions on eBay, there are some for $99.99 + shipping. Not exactly a bargain considering the MSRP but still better than $150.

GL!

Jakk
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I just bought one at walmart.com. I've been looking for weeks and just purchased it there a few minutes ago. Good luck!

my2tinkerbells
12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered one! My daughter will be so excited!

spoon2003
12-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Thank you!! I just ordered it from Walmart.com!

Sue from Boston

looo33
12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
me too!!! I have been looking all over for this! THANK YOU!!!!

musicmama
12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
that there were any other "desperately seeking Mario DDR" people out there. :rotfl2: Glad this helped some other folks as well as it did me - I ordered one at Walmart, too, just in case Harleyquinn (who kindly offered me her help) wasn't able to locate one.

I feel like I may have gotten a double dose of pixie dust! (If I end up with 2, and anyone else needs one, we'll work it out - that's what DIS friends are for! :earsgirl: )

chris1gill
12-13-2005, 01:49 PM
It didn't stay in stock too long, it's already out of stock.... We are in no hurry though, I was thinking for DD for a birthday or easter present...

gigi1313
12-13-2005, 01:55 PM
*STILL* desperately seeking one... please pm me if any help getting one is available... walmart.com is now sold out...

musicmama
12-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Sadly, the lovely DIS poster who tried to find me a Mario DDR in her area was unsuccessful. (Harleyquinn, you are an angel for trying :flower: ) I'm glad my Walmart order appears to have gone through.

Earlier today, someone suggested the "EBGames in Joliet, IL", although it was a traded-in game there. Their phone number is (hope I'm allowed to do this) 815-254-4275. On the ebgames site for Joliet, they are the only EBG store in Joliet - the others are GameStops. I tried twice to call them but their phone was busy.

Good luck.

my2tinkerbells
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I just got an email from Wal-mart.com that says the item is on backorder :guilty: They don't know when it will be back in stock. I just ordered it this morning at about 9:00. Anybody else get this email. Looks like it probably won't be here in time for christmas. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel it all together. boo hoo....

drgnfly30
12-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I just got an email from Wal-mart.com that says the item is on backorder :guilty: They don't know when it will be back in stock. I just ordered it this morning at about 9:00. Anybody else get this email. Looks like it probably won't be here in time for christmas. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel it all together. boo hoo....

I guess no one read my post!

http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6213

"Nintendo issued this official statement, "Nintendo is very pleased with the success of Mario DDR. In fact, there has been such high demand, it has driven out-of-stock situations at retail. Nintendo is currently reviewing its plans to bring in more product in 2006."

Disney_1derland
12-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Okay I could swear I just saw these on the shelves today at a store in Nashville. If anyone still needs one, PM me and I will run down there tomorrow and look.

musicmama
12-13-2005, 11:25 PM

I haven't gotten that yet - just the order confirmation e-mail. Wonder if I should worry?

spoon2003
12-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Just got my backorder email from Walmart!! Well, guess I'll just wait till after the New Year, hopefully there'll be available for DD's birthday in February.

Sue from Boston

looo33
12-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Here's my email from WalMart

We are writing to let you know that the item(s) listed
below that were placed on back order are unavailable, and
as a result have been canceled from your order
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

================================================== =========
CANCELED ITEM(S)
--------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 13 DEC 2005 09:47 AM
Order Number:

ITEM QTY PRICE TOTAL
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix GameCube 1 49.82 49.82

================================================== =========

Refunds
If you paid by credit card or debit card, your card will not be
charged for the canceled item(s).

If you paid with a check online, the funds will be credited
back to your account within 10 business days.

If you paid with a Gift Card, the funds will be
credited back to the shopping card used in the original
purchase.

If you paid with Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged
for the canceled items(s).

Help
If you have any questions, contact one of our Customer
Service Associates at help@walmart.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com

Why did they cancel it?

horseshowmom
12-14-2005, 02:48 PM
This may be a dumb suggestion, but has anybody tried Amazon.com? I got a Black and Decker Storm Station there when I couldn't find it anywhere else, plus I got free shipping (I think the order had to be over $25).

Good luck!

:crazy2: Never mind - I just looked, and it looks like the cheapest one is $159.98 (if I'm looking at the right thing, and I think I am).

musicmama
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
So I called and asked to speak to the highest available CSM. She said I was her first irate call about this. It was not a pleasant conversation - she had no idea if they even had had any in stock, manufacturer discontinued, etc. etc., and that's why they have all those "disclaimers" on the site. I asked her why the original receipt provided the equivalent of a guaranteed date "will receive by"? She kept repeating the disclaimer mantra. I asked her how many orders did they really fulfill. She said that if they had it would be proprietary info and never disclosed to public. (probably true but still frustrating, especially since some of us got backordered instead of auto-cancelled).

Guess I'm adding Walmart.com to my never-shop-again list. This is the 3rd order they've screwed up for this Christmas.