PDA

View Full Version : We leave for WDW tomorrow morning!! Two quick questions-

d-man's mom
12-12-2005, 08:33 AM
We are all packed up and ready to go!! I am SO excited to be taking ds there for his 5th birthday!!! He's never been, and I haven't been in nearly a decade, so I think we will both have a great time. :flower:

I have the freebie thread printed off, all of my PS done, etc. This board has been a great help!

I realized that I don't know where my Emerald Club card is- do I actually need to show it at National in order to go and pick up my car?

Also, is it really worth stopping at the Character outlet store? I was planning on going there tomorrow morning on the way to the Publix to pick up some gifts for people (xmas ornaments, shirts, etc). Are the prices really that much better? Is it worth the stop?

Thanks!!! I'm counting the hours!! :banana:

kccmommy
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I can't help you on the emerald club, but I say go to the outlet. I know people say it is hit or miss, but we thought it was worth it in June. It was a good place to get small inexpensive things to bring back for others. My DD got some adorable princess necklaces for $1 for the little girls she babysits. I got a nice photo album, and DS got a few pins that were a little cheaper. We didn't worry if he liked them, just used them to trade.
Have fun! :Pinkbounc

aka-mad4themouse
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I've had my Emerald Club card ready every time that I've picked up my car but I don't think that it's really necessary since they already have the info in the computer. If you have your reservations paperwork and coupons all printed out and a valid driver's license to show them, they're happy.

The Character Outlet is worth a stop if you plan to do some serious shopping. If you're only planning on getting a couple of things, then I would say to skip it and just shop in the WDW gift stores.

Have a great time! WDW at Christmastime is extra magical and sharing it with a 5yo on his birthday is going to be wonderful!

hercamore
12-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Can you print a card off the National Website? I thought I rmembered an option for that, but oculd be wrong.

Have a great trip!

herc.

Feralpeg
12-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Most of the things at Character Outlet are things they no longer sell in the parks. I find the clothing to be dated, but that's just me. For instance, you won't find anything that says Christmas 2005 there. You will find things that have Christmas 2004 on them. I normally don't find anything I want at the outlet.

TINKTWINS
12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I think the outlets are a MUST! But thats just me, we shop there everytime we go to Orlando! You will find souviners for people and save quite a bit. If you stop there first, then you will know what you should grab in the Parks. And I have found things in Character Prem. that were being sold in the parks at the same time. Since it is so close to Christmas, they may have started shipping some items over to get rid of also, who knows you may get lucky.

poohj80
12-12-2005, 11:55 AM
We have found some good bargains at the outlets, but I wouldn't go looking for ornaments. As others have said, the items will be from last year or at least last season. Don't go looking for Christmas stuff until early next year.