PDA

View Full Version : creative ways to wrap $$$

AdventureGuru
12-11-2005, 02:58 PM
All BF wants for Xmas is money...and I'n not going to try to deviate b/c I know what he really really wants and I can't afford it to buy it for him...so I might as well give him $$$ torward it...but does anyone have any ideas on HOW to present this very boring gift???
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

clh2
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I have given money before, and wanted to do something "fun" with it, to make it a little more special.

I did "dollar-bill" folding, and then put it on a plain red card (you can go to just about any scrapbooking store to get 1 sheet of red cardstock, and cut it down to size.)

Here is one idea: one x-mas tree idea (http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/tree/)

This one would require 4 different bills. Brand new ones from the bank work best.

I know there is a slightly different x-mas tree that can be made from 1 bill, but I don't know where my book is right this very moment.

C.Ann
12-11-2005, 05:03 PM
I gave my Dad money for Christmas once..

I went outside and got a tree branch (with several off-shoots) that would fit in a box I had. I used paper clips to attach the bills to all of the branches..

Then I enclosed a note that read: "And you've been telling me all these years that "money doesn't grow on trees.." He LOVED it! ;)

AdventureGuru
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Love the tree idea...will have to see if I can make it work...
Thanks!

rsjj
12-11-2005, 08:29 PM
i once received a muffin tin w/$$$ inside each muffin part. thought that was really neat.

you can do something similar, but w/guy stuff...the only thing that comes to my mind right now would be those tool cases, where there are "sections" for each nuts/bolts...and you can roll up the bills around to fit in them?

this is great...w/the holidays approaching, and the shopping days slipping right out of my hands...i just might use some of these wonderful ideas!! everyone can use $$$. :flower:

pfishgirl
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I received money roses once ... how about a wreath

or what about opening a savings account for him and giving him the bank book ??

inky dinky doo
12-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I gave my son some "bread" one year for Christmas, and he loved it! I bought a loaf bread, folded the bills ($5s and $10$), and placed one between each two slices of bread, all the way through the loaf.

The same year, my daughter got "lettuce" for Christmas. I bought a McDonalds cheeseburger and saved the wrapper. Inside, I put one fresh hamburger bun, a plastic hamburger (like you get in kids toy set), and folded bills for the "lettuce." Another hit (although they both thought I'd lost my mind, at first)!

I do love that "money doesn't grow on trees" idea, though. I'll have to use that one sometime.

AdventureGuru
12-12-2005, 07:30 AM
these are awsome ideas!!! I'm having a hard time choosing one...
Here was a couple of my thoughts...
Putting 100 1$ bills in his stocking...
OR
Getting climbing rope (we do a lot of climbing) and putting it in the box...thenputting a box inside the box inside the box...
but after seeing that bread idea!!! but I have to keep in mind we are going to be at his moms house-how do I do that and keep the bread fresh? Or does it really matter-I'm not eating bread after its been covered in money...YUCK. I'll go buy another loaf first!!!
Ok this might be a silly question but how long is bread good for...could I wrap it on the 22nd and then have it be ok on the 23???
I know that sounds silly but we usually just freeze our bread and use it as we need it...
I'm not much of a home maker... :rotfl:

Twigs
12-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Not sure if this would be good for man, but my family has given money plants as shower gifts many times. You put small accordian pleats into the bills, wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle and then stick them into, and around a plant. A philodendron or pathos looks the best with its money flowers.

AdventureGuru
12-12-2005, 08:12 AM
very funny! I like the plant idea too...I'll let you know what else I come up with...I have some people at work on the job too!!!

hezreck
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
You can get plastic mazes that you roll a little ball through. You put the money in it and you can't get the money our until you complete the puzzle. I got some last year on QVC.com.

AdventureGuru
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I saw those-he would kill me!!!

inky dinky doo
12-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I don't think there'd be a problem at all with buying your bread up to 5 days or so ahead of time. It's not like you're going to eat it. ;)

ReAnSt
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
What about making a money machine. Get a shoe box, a pencil, a small dowel rod, and some decorative paper such as gift wrap. Sit the box on its side so it is standing on one of the small ends. It should be standing tall not wide.

Punch a hole on each side of the box, not on the lid side but the other two sides. Slide the pencil or dowel rod through the box. Tape one of the dollar bills to the pencil/dowel rod, it should be hanging long and not wide. Tape a dollar bill to the opposite end. Keep taping dollar bills end to end. As you tape more bills together start to wind all of the bills unto the pencil/dowel rod. Once you have all of the dollar bills attached and wound up, you can attach a piece of paper to the last dollar bill with a note on it about. Wanting money so you got a money machine or whatever you would like.

Cut a hole in the lid of the box so that the dollar bills can be pulled out of the machine. Just a small slit. Decorate the box and the lid however you would like. This could say "Name" money machine or whatever you would like. Put the lid on the box and attach the lid to the box with tape or however else you would like. Put it in another box and wrap it up.

I hope this wasn't to confusing. If you have any questions just let me know.

Becky

PixieDust32
12-13-2005, 02:23 AM
How about getting a big hersey chocolate bar and put the money inside, wrap the candy and give it to him as his Christmas present.

pattyT
12-13-2005, 05:16 AM
i really like to torture people -
i have

put the money in a box
wrap it
put tht box and a little someting in the next box (a card, an ornament something like tht) wrap it

and on and on
untilyou have a big heavy box...

have fun watching!

I have also given my nephew a box full of change :rotfl:

AdventureGuru
12-13-2005, 08:17 AM
I thought about doing the box in a box thing...
The money machine idea was great too...the way I see it I have about $200 dollars to play with...So I can probably do a couple of these...oh the choices!!!
My mom said to give it to him all in change! He would die! Or well I wouldnt survive...
:rotfl:

sk8bug72
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
My grandmother has given me money a few different ways. One year she rolled up 1 dollar bills individually and tied them onto a mini christmas tree. Another year she folded the money and wrapped it around a big necklace. She also individually rolled up $1 bills and tied them onto a long piece of curling ribbon, then put the ribbon in a wrapping paper tube, wrapped the tube, and left the end of the ribbon hanging out with a little tag attached that said Pull. You could also individually roll up the money and put it all inside of a balloon. It is always really fun to get money that is rolled up cause you have to unroll it. (an iron works great for flattening money!!!!)

AdventureGuru
12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
sk8
I love the paper tube idea...might use that for his stocking!!!
I've gotten some awsome ideas thanks!