PDA

View Full Version : Capture the Magic Scrapbook Packs

Queenie
12-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi gang,

With this darned wedding album now behind me, I can get on with scrapping our last Disney vacation (yay!!!) I was wondering if you lovely ladies could help me out? When I was at WDW I bought a few of those Capture the Magic packs, the ones with papers, stickers etc in a specific theme. I've got a general parks one, birthday, Lion King and I think I got another one too. Lots of the stickers have coloured edges to them or are very big cartoon style designs. Can anyone point me in the direction of some layout using these as I'm at a loss as to how to incorperate them.

Also I now have some scrapbook papers that are one big 12x12 picture 9in the parks pack there's a sheet of paper with each of the 4 park centerpieces on.) Has anyone used these? How?

HELP!!!

Ps, this is really bad but I thought you guys would find it funny. Hopefully I'm going to Las Vegas for the 1st time in Oct 2007 (for my 21st birthday) and there's the possibility that we'll be tacking on a long weekend at Disneyland California. This would be a dream for me, to stand where Uncle Walt once stood. Is it a bad sign that even though it's almost 2 years away and it's very doubtful we'll be going, the scrapbook layout is perfectly formed in my head????

pjlla
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
I also bought a few of those packs on our last visit. The strangest thing about the pages with the big park icons (castle, SSE, Tree, Sorcerer's Hat), is that they appear to be somewhat computer generated. Each icon has the identical flowers in the foreground. And they appear to be mis-cut.... there is a small portion of the Sorcerer's hat along the edge of my SSE page! But I did use them anyhow. I used the SSE page as the "opening" page to our day at Epcot. I used a purplish solid cardstock for the opposite page (it blended with the background of the printed page). And I mostly covered the foreground with journaling and a few park keepsakes... leaving just a bit of SSE showing.

Not sure what to tell you about the stickers. If the color of the borders isn't right, you could try carefully cutting it off.

Good luck with the Disneyland thing. I went for the first time this summer with my family and it was FABULOUS! Dream come true! I teared up as I entered the park, knowing I was walking where "HE" had. Guess I am just sappy!..........P

heather31
12-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I agree with cutting off the borders of the stickers if they don't match. I am not sure how to incorporate anything else, but I have a friend that bought some Chuck E. Cheese paper and it was very "cartoonish" and she added some Crystal Laquer to it and made it look epoxy. While, still cartoonish, it did improve the look of it a little bit, by giving it some dimension.