PDA

View Full Version : Ice Center piece

faireygod mother
12-08-2005, 09:54 PM
I want to make an ice center piece for Christmas Dinner. I was going to use a gallon milk jug to start the mold. I thought about using left over greenery from the christams tree. I am at a loss as to what else to use. Any suggestions?

ceiligh1
12-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Cranberries, they could add a nice red touch. Or if you are going for a different look slices of citrus fruit or any fruit for that matter can be pretty. It sounds interesting so I think I will try that as well. Thanks for the idea. :)

babylisa4
12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
I've used a bundt pan before and put in red and green maraschino cherries.

hercamore
12-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Sounds "cool".

what do you put the ice form in to set on the table?

herc.

we3disneygo
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I have a holiday cook book which features this it is so nice looking...they use a freezer container, natural or fake pine greens and pinecones, small gold plastic balls,gold string beads,tea light candles, a tray for display. distilled water.
fill container with items, carefully pour water to 1 inch of the top float tea light candles on top of water. place on flat surface in the freezer;freeze for several days or until solid.About 15 mins. before unmolding,remove container from the freezer.let stand at room temp. till ice releases from the sides of container.

babylisa4
12-09-2005, 06:19 PM
an ice ring to use in a punch bowl