PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Christmas Photo Cards

KTSMOM
12-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I was thinking about sending out Christmas Photo Cards through Walmart on-line. Has anyone ever done this? Is is easy to do? I wasn't sure if it would be easier just to go to Walmart and drop off the photo. Also, i've never done my pics through Walmart are they any good? Thanks for any info!! :sunny:

christinadei
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Do you mean that you want to upload a picture and order them online? I've done it and it's easy. To me, easier than going to the store to do it.

KLAIT
12-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I did my cards at Wal-Mart this year. I did not upload the picture on-line, but went to the store.

As far as quality goes, don't think you will find a better quality anywhere else..we were really pleased.

The Disney Bunch
12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I did it last year & it was great- downloaded the picture, ordered the cards & a few days later picked them up at the stoe. And they had the best price!

SherriW
12-08-2005, 11:08 AM
I always order my pics on line ..... much easier than going to the store.

Michele
12-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Silly question coming.....do you get envelopes with these photo cards or do you have to buy your own envelopes? I have never done photo cards before but am doing it this year because we will be busy in WDW before Christmas. I'm trying to find the easiest way.

Thanks

KLAIT
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Envelopes are included!

K&KsMom
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I like doing mine right at the store since they are ready in 1 hour. Can't beat it.

christinadei
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I like doing mine right at the store since they are ready in 1 hour. Can't beat it.

You can order them online for one hour. Then you don't have to wait.

ZuZugal
12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I ordered mine from Sam's online.

100 photo cards for $25 and some change.

I tried one hour, but on the checkout screen it told me they couldn't be ready in an hour but would be ready the next day.

Still a great deal.

marshallandcartersmo
12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I did mine 1 hour also. The screen said they wouldn't be ready until the next day, but when I called the store 30 minutes later to complain (paid for one hour, wanted them at least that same day) they were already ready!!

KTSMOM
12-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I have another quick question..can you get red eye out if you upload the pic on the web? I didn't know if they offered this on line or if you have to go to the store and do it there.

elf
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I did it for the first time last night. It did offer the option to get "red eye" out but I didn't need it.
I decided to pick up, because I wanted to make sure there were no mistakes, and didn't want to wait the extra time for mail.

Kellydelly
12-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I bought my cards through Costco this year. $16 for 50 cards (including envelopes) and they are ready within two days (might have been quicker but I actually picked the latest pick up date).

familyfirsttimer
12-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I did mine at Wal-Mart online last weekend. Ordered them on Sat and paid for 1-hour but they were not ready until Sun even though I paid for 1 hour. They told me that due to the quantity it may take longer. I never even thought to call the store and check on them early. Anyway, it was still worth it, 140 cards (with envelopes) for $56.00. You can choose the instore delivery and then they are only $0.33 per card.
It was Super simple and really well-worth it. These cards are just as nice if not nicer than ones I have gotten at Sears in the past (and Sears cost @$1.00 per card)
Good luck!!!

ChristyJ
12-09-2005, 06:06 AM
We used Walmart online this year and it was by far our easiest year with regards to Christmas cards!! 1 hour was actually 1 day, but that was okay...

Just the fact that DH could pull up and front, I could run in and grab the pictures without waiting in line, etc. was heavenly!! :flower:

maggiew
12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Silly question coming.....do you get envelopes with these photo cards or do you have to buy your own envelopes? I have never done photo cards before but am doing it this year because we will be busy in WDW before Christmas. I'm trying to find the easiest way.

Thanks

Last year my DH was very sick at Christmas time (starting in Oct.). I didn't have a lot of time to do my cards. The photo cards worked out great. I got the girls' picture done at the Picture people and had them make the cards. The nice thing was that they also printed "The Workman Family" with our names, so I didn't even sign the cards. :blush: Then I turned our address list into labels and printed those out and slapped them on. It went very fast.

I felt it was a little impersonal compared to what I normally send (handmade cards), but it was the best I could do under the circumstances.

But ... it was so easy I might do it again this year. I am taking the girls' pictures this weekend.

Maggie

Blondiex46
12-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I did the attached as my x-mas card this year but went to the store.

loveswdw
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm a little late so I'm trying to do my cards quickly online. Whenever I preview the card the picture looks grainy. Is this just the preview mode or will the cards actually be grainy? I don't want to pay 40 cents per card then not be able to use them. Should the preview be as clear as the picture? The picture I uploaded was 300 resolution.

Thanks!

Partridge4ever
12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
My cards came out w/the actual photo looking slightly better than the monitor showed. Warning though: I used the redeye reduction and now my DD has what looks like a small blue dot on her eyelid. It didn't show up at all on the preview. At first I thought it was just a speck on that one card. It's pretty minor but still a little disappointing. I'll definitely do this again next year though! As others have said, it was very quick and easy!

caribear
12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I used Walgreens online to create some Christmas cards. I just added a border to a picture and then enclosed the picture with my Christmas cards (I usually write a little something to each person.) They came out great! They were ready in 1 hour....and this was yesterday!

In Luv with Disney
12-16-2005, 03:17 PM
I bought my cards through Costco this year. $16 for 50 cards (including envelopes) and they are ready within two days (might have been quicker but I actually picked the latest pick up date).

I got mine in Costco, too. We paid $15.99 for the first 50 cards and then $5 for an additional 25. They came with beautifully gold foil lined envelopes. And they were ready in an hour and a half! The quality is great. I will order from them every year.

KLAIT
12-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I did mine at the Wal-Mart store and they came out clear as a bell..

I Dream of Disney
12-16-2005, 08:26 PM
This is the second year we did ours at Walmart. We downloaded our picture and picked out a great card. They came out great!

foxfire
12-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm running behind on all Christmas prep this year since we came back from Disney sick with colds. I was getting panicky about cards so when DS offered to go to Wal Mart this afternoon, he took our Christmas photo and had the cards made with the one hour option. They turned out great. I'm very happy with how they look!

wright1baby
12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
This is the second year we did ours at Walmart. We downloaded our picture and picked out a great card. They came out great!

Us too, and what's nicer than having your family in your home and showing off your beautiful Christmas tree instead of some "prop"? The biggest hassle for me used to be getting everyone's schedule coordinated so we could all be in the picture. Now I just get all 3 kids dressed for school Christmas Concert in early Dec. and WAH LAH! Christmas cards a la Walmart.
My only 2 complaints are
#1 Like everyone says, one hour doesn't mean 1 hour (mine was actually 2 days
#2 My walmart must have run out of there photo card envelopes, they gave me business size envelopes. hhmmmm. Good thing I didn't need them, we just stick ours in a regular Christmas/Holiday card.

rockin_rep
12-17-2005, 10:06 AM
We too, used walmart on line this year and were very pleased!

momxx5
12-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Got 5 kids dressed, hair combed and happy faces.
Took picture last night.....it took half as long as I expected, only took half as many pictures(digital) as last year....and we got a winner.

Uploaded it to Walmart last night.
Ordered:

50 4x6s
10 wallets (2per page = 20)
1 8X 10
3 5X7
40 photo cards

Total under $40 and picked up before noon today.
There were out of photo card envelopes, but told me they sold some in the stationary area. I talked to manager and he gave me the envelopes free.

I AM SO HAPPY!!! :flower:

HayGan
12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
I created an image from one of Disney photos and just had 4x6's made to include in our cards. Cost me $4 for 30 pictures. I got Disney holiday cards from the dollar store so our Christmas cards cost less than $15 this year including shipping! :cool1:

Here is what ours look like:

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/535076/8847760/121525837.jpg

summerrluvv
12-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm a little late so I'm trying to do my cards quickly online. Whenever I preview the card the picture looks grainy. Is this just the preview mode or will the cards actually be grainy? I don't want to pay 40 cents per card then not be able to use them. Should the preview be as clear as the picture? The picture I uploaded was 300 resolution.

Thanks!

Mine looked grainy online as well but came out crystal clear. I also ordered the gift tags and those turned out very cute.

corie161
12-17-2005, 09:45 PM
I also uploaded mine on a Friday eve at about 6:45pm. When the confirmation came up it said they would be ready at 6:45pm on Saturday (I chose 1 hour) I was intending on picking them up Saturday in the afternoon so I called Saturday am with the intention of complaining about paying for 1hour and they were done already so I didn't complain. He said they tell you a time out later because there is more to making the holiday cards then just normal prints. They turned out great!

loveswdw
12-19-2005, 01:44 PM
I picked mine up this weekend. Pleased overall but picture is a little red and a little dark. I can definitely live with it since it was so close to Christmas. Thanks for all the feedback! :wave2: