PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pineapple Bundt cake?

jrnunzio3
12-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted on the budget board, as I didn't even know that this board existed. Sorry for the repeat posting for any of you who already read it on the budget board.

OK, I know that this is completly off topic here, but I was hoping that someone on the board might be able to help me. My co-workers and I were discussing the pineapple bundt cake of years gone by (the one with the creme center) and I was wondering if they still make a mix for this and if so, where would I purchase one. If they don't make a mix, does anyone have a recipe so that I might be able to make something close to this for the holidays? Ever since we talked about it, I have been craving it.

Sorry if this is a re-post, the first time my computer was tempermental and booted me out.

Thanking you in advance.

JR

kaylajr
12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
well since this is the cooking board this is not Off topic :)

I however have no idea but this cake sounds yummy so i hope someone
here can help

Kaelyn
12-06-2005, 10:51 PM
i don't know anything about a cake with a creamy center, but here is an easy recipe for pinapple bundt cake:

1 1/2 c sugar
1 c butter softened
2 2/3 c cake flour
2 ts baking powder
2 ts lemon extract
1/2 ts salt
3 lg eggs
8 oz crushed pineapple in juice

Preheat oven to 325. grease and flour bundt pan. in large mixing bowl, on low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended. increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and remaining ingredients; beat until well mixed, scraping sides of bowl. increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. spoon batter into pan. bake 50-55 minutes or until tested done. cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan to cool completely.