PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for oyster crackers and ranch dressing/dill weed?

tinkerrn
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I remember mom used to make these oyster crackers that had dill weed or ranch dressing on them, also she put oil on them and baked them. They were addictive. I need that recipe, any one have it???? Please???!!!

TIA!

Topper
12-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Baked Spiced Oyster Crackers

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch® dressing (dry)
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. dill weed
1 box oyster crackers

Preheat to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 15 minutes, until crackers seem dry.

PaulaSue
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
sounds yummy

DizneyDogs
12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Garlic Crackers
10-12 oz bag soup oyster crackers
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dill weed
1 small pkg (dry) ranch dressing

Mix dry ingredients with vegetable oil and pour over
crackers. Blend well and let sit overnight to allow
crackers to absorb the flavor.

JudithM
12-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Here's the recipe I am including in a scrapbook recipe book I'm making for this weekend's bride & groom:

OYSTER CRACKERS

1 12-16 ounces box of oyster crackers
½ - ¾ cup oil
handful of Parmesan cheese
1 package/envelope of dry ranch style dressing
¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon dill
couple cloves of garlic, finely chopped

Mix all ingredients together. Pour in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring once.

tinkerrn
12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Thank you all soo much! I love the idea of making a recipe scrapbook!!!!
I have 17 nieces and nephews and would love to carry on recipes from many generations past! 2 of my nieces and myself got married this year, so it would make a great present! I became an aunt at age 5 y.o.. Made kindergarten interesting ;)

JudithM
12-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I love the idea of making a recipe scrapbook!!!!

I made my first receipe sb about a year & a half ago when a cousin got married. His grandfather & my gradmother were siblings. I got the idea when a recipe card was included in the bridal shower invitation. Another cousin & I put our heads together, sent emails to several other family members & befroe we knew we had old & new recipes. We even included some of my grandmother's hand written recipes that my aunt still had. It is a time consuming project, but everyone who has seen it or received a copy of it loves the family recipes, so it is well worth it!!