PDA

View Full Version : autographs and scrapbooks

scubamouse
12-06-2005, 08:59 AM
ok - last minute question here. we want to do autographs when we meet characters. if we want to include them in scrapbooks, what suggestions do you all have?

should we pick up an autograph book at WDW? is it hard to get the pages out of an autograph book? should we make up cards out of cardstock and if so, how big should they be.

also - what size pen is easy for the characters to hold?

can you all tell i'm a newbie on the autograph front?

GoofyGirlnPrincessV
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I bought the 2 books at the park and one pen. When we got home, I scanned all of the autographs. I printed them out on photo paper and shrunk some of them down to use on my LO's. One of the books had blue pages and they didn't scan so well.

This trip I bought 2 Canson spiral ring 6x6 albums at Michaels to use at autograph books. The paper is much thicker. I am still going to scan the autographs so I can resize them as I need them.

Here is a link to my scrapjazz album, just a warning, I do very simple pages so most people don't like them..LOL

Lynn's Scrapjazz (http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1678)

Good luck!!

AZ JazzyJ
12-06-2005, 03:12 PM
ok - last minute question here. we want to do autographs when we meet characters. if we want to include them in scrapbooks, what suggestions do you all have?

You know I tried this once but none of the characters wanted my autograph.

is it hard to get the pages out of an autograph book?

Not if you own a big pair of scissors or a knife.

should we make up cards out of cardstock and if so, how big should they be. also - what size pen is easy for the characters to hold?

Ok, these 2 kind of go together. Based on my experience you should not use those crayons that are like 2 feet high. I thought having something that big would be easier on the characters but it was a pain to carry around in my shirt pocket. I must have ruined 4 shirts. And don't get me started on crayons in the Florida heat. By the end of our vacation I looked like Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. But if you do decide to use a crayon that big I suggest you get some of those checks that they use at golf tournaments. The scale matches and makes writing easier. Of course you would also need a wallet that big to carry the checks around so there are drawbacks.

Jeff

pattyT
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I ditto the use th ebooks from there and scan them...

have fun and enjoy!

scubamouse
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
You know I tried this once but none of the characters wanted my autograph.

Not if you own a big pair of scissors or a knife.

Ok, these 2 kind of go together. Based on my experience you should not use those crayons that are like 2 feet high. I thought having something that big would be easier on the characters but it was a pain to carry around in my shirt pocket. I must have ruined 4 shirts. And don't get me started on crayons in the Florida heat. By the end of our vacation I looked like Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. But if you do decide to use a crayon that big I suggest you get some of those checks that they use at golf tournaments. The scale matches and makes writing easier. Of course you would also need a wallet that big to carry the checks around so there are drawbacks.

Jeff

I'm sorry did I not follow some rule for posting here or was I just an easy target to make fun of? :confused3 My questions were sincere. Your response, while funny wasn't especially helpful

KaryCam
01-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree with my fellow North Porter GoofyGirl. It is just so easy to scan them and print them out in whatever size you need them to be.
I'll be starting my album once we get back from our trip. We had AP passes and I wanted to wait until we finished for the year before I started.

scrappinmom
01-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't think it really matters much which you use (book or cardstock).....You can't possibly guess which color you'd be doing th page in now...so trying to guess on the cardstock would be tough. What I did (before scanner) was use the WDW book & color copy the autographs....The last time we were there I brought a baggie full of different color sharpir clickable markers...they worked great!

disneyfreakjackie
01-02-2006, 12:52 AM
For character autographs during our August trip I bought the JUMBO Scalloped Tag Sizzix Die and made MANY white tags from Bazzil CS (nice and heavy!). I brought the tags along in a zip lock bag with different colored sharpies and had the characters sign right on the tag. I plan on inking or chalking the white tags to coordinate with the LOs ... if I ever get to them as I'm still working on WDW/5-05!! :earseek: (Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum LOVED the tags, as a matter of fact they used ALL the colored sharpies and made tags for themselves!!! I love those two!)

Have a GREAT time hunting down those characters!! :banana:

PS: Sorry someone was rude, I didn't think their post was funny or helpful :confused3

bubbasmom99
01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Ditto what everyone said about the sharpies and cardstock, if you want to bring your own... if not, you can buy the autograph book and fat pen there and scan it in later for use on a layout. Have fun!!

BTW, GoofyGirlnPrincessV, I took a peek at your layouts and I LOVE them!! If that is a "bad" style, then I guess I'm pretty out of style too :) I love your work!

GoofyGirlnPrincessV
01-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Ditto what everyone said about the sharpies and cardstock, if you want to bring your own... if not, you can buy the autograph book and fat pen there and scan it in later for use on a layout. Have fun!!

BTW, GoofyGirlnPrincessV, I took a peek at your layouts and I LOVE them!! If that is a "bad" style, then I guess I'm pretty out of style too :) I love your work!

Thank you so much for commenting about my layouts. It means alot!!! :goodvibes

clovely
01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Thank you so much for commenting about my layouts. It means alot!!! :goodvibes

Yeah, I love your pages too. I like to keep it simple too. As much fun as I have with scrapbooking, and have my creative moments, the pictures are more important to me than the artsy fancy stuff.

It probably wont be much help if you're going to the parks but my idea is the same as someone mentioned above having the characters sign on tags to go directly into the book later. We're going on a Disney Cruise and I've been told you can drop off things with Guest Services to have the characters sign and get it back at the end of the cruise - commonly this is a pillowcase or hat or picture frame. I'm going to drop off a baggie full of tags or cards and sharpies and ask for as many autographs as I can get. Even though we're only going on a 3-day, hopefully I'll get a lot back. I'm also going to get the kids autograph books and maybe will get some that way I don't get from Guest Services. Those I can scan in but doubt they'll come out as good as using originals.

left210
01-17-2006, 08:53 AM
We bought the autograph book there for my son to get signatures and then I took plain white 3 X 5 index cards with a small clipboard and had the characters sign those also. When I did my scrapbook I then put them on the corresponding pages.