PDA

View Full Version : SB: Newbie needs help!

Tiggerkeeper
12-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi, I am kinda new to scrapping and need some advice from the experts. I want to create a sorority themed scrapbook for my college freshman. I found a beautiful book online that has a mosaic front the problem is that it is hand painted and I can't get it in time for Christmas BUT I could paint one if I could find a book that would be okay to paint on.

Do any of you know if I could paint a cover and treat it with something to keep it from scratching? Any suggestions are welcome!

THANKS!

WDWMom
12-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I am not that crafty so I don't have any ideas for you. I can't imagine being able to paint a cover, let alone keep it from scratching. If Nicurn was around this weekend she could probably tell you how to alter it though.

goofymom/pop
12-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Sorry that is new to me also...I was going to say that Creative Memories has Greek Letter stickers...got them for my daughter's sorority scrapbook. Could you maybe paint on a thin piece of cardstock and insert it into the first page of the album. I know its not the cover but it would be protected by the page protector. Lots of us like an opening title page

Tiggerkeeper
12-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for answering! I found a "design your own cover" book at Michael's today! Now, I gotta get busy and paint!!