PDA

View Full Version : Okay got a pin question

NHMickey
09-18-2001, 10:41 PM
I got a question... I got off line and then remebered this. I have just gotten in to my bag of pins from the event (I know I know) and i was thinking of how to frame some of them. I have the Artist Choice Pins from last year that I was going to add to this years and keep them all together. I was also able to get a set of the Disneyana Artist Choice Pins and I have last years as well. My question is... Would you consider these all the same? I mean would all these be in the same catagory? All Artist Choice Pins? If so would you also include the DCA pins in this? Please post your opinions...

Thanks and now I'm off.... Really here I go... See this is me leaving... Bye... TTYL.... Have a good night!!!:) :) :)

~Kathie
09-18-2001, 11:55 PM
I consider the Artist pins from the Disneyana Conventions, Convention pins even though they are signed by the artist. This year's set is nicer than last year's.

The Artist Pins from WDW all have the pencil and brush on them to tie them all together.

The DL Artist Pins are all the same dangles (except Hollywood Backlot). Not really like the WDW ones at all.

I would put them all together like you think you might want to arrange them and see if you like they way they look together. Or go to Pinpics and put "Artist Choice" without the quotes. All the pins will come up and it will give you a good idea of what they will look like together.

I have put my WDW ones together. I didn't collect the DCA pins. My Convention pins will stay with my Convention Pins.

If I know you, anything you do with them will be wonderful. :D ;)

pintrader
09-19-2001, 12:06 AM
I put them all together and they are unattractive that way. There is no continuity. I kept the AC with the pencil and brush in one section of my matting and the dangles in a different section of my matting all in the same frame. I did this because I wanted to keep the signature card with the WDW AC pins and the card took away from the common theme of the pencil and brush in my opinion.

So all of 2000 are together in their own frame. All of WDW 2001 and DL are in the same frame in different mattings.

Dom13
09-19-2001, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure what they all look like but if they have the unifying brush & pencil logo then I would probably put them together. The DCA dangles I would probabaly keep separate as the dangle doesn't seem to work for me.

Glad to see the "Mad Framer" is back at his craft!

goofymom/pop
09-19-2001, 08:16 AM
would be my choice. Lump them into brush/pencil....dangle groupings.....I am a oraganizer as my mother says and I like balance in a picture. Mixing them up may take away from the uniqueness of the pins.

just my 2 cents

cindy

by the way I just framed 4 different sets. I wish I could share them with you guys but I dont know how to post the pixs here without a digital cameral.....maybe I will mail them to one of you computer geniuses and you can post them for me....lol!!

daber
09-19-2001, 10:05 AM
Since we're on the topic of framing, I'm taking my first stab at this. I think I'm following Dom13's advice and using foam board. But the task seems daunting to me. I've managed to put 21 of the pins on the board and have 10 more to go. But it's tough put these jig-saw pieces in exactly the right spot.

Swamp_Fox
09-19-2001, 10:58 AM
I have a suggestion how about using a background of a artists paint pallet and you can place the pins around the pallet like the dabs of paint.

Larry

Dom13
09-19-2001, 01:32 PM
I like that idea Larry!!! I usually use illustration or Bainbridge board Daber. Found foamcore to be too thick to put the backs on.

NHMickey
09-19-2001, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm!!

goofymom/pop
09-19-2001, 03:11 PM
What a great idea:D :D :D I love it.....

Daber...I used uncut matting board to put the pins through. Also if your not sure of placement use a plain piece of paper around the same size to figure out your arrangement first, then move individual pins one at a time to the same spot on your matt board. I had so much fun framing mine I went back for more.

Working on a filmstrip framing idea for the last seven pins in the 101 set. I have been using mostly black backgrounds, adding pix, lettering and other items to make them pop! I think my hat pin one came out pretty cool but I could have had better letters.....oh well to the craft store I go......

Ideas needed for the tapestry pins......anyone????

Oh and pins needed too!! Just decided since I am getting the sage of time I need the rest......anybody have them to trade??

Cindy

daber
09-19-2001, 03:15 PM
I also like Larry's idea about the artist palette.
Dom, the foamcore (and I thought they said foam board!) isn't too thick! (but then again these pins have pin backs that look like daggers) I took some of the pins with me to the craft store and we tried it there. They had different thicknesses, so it seems to be working. Put pins 21-26 on the board today, so only 5 pins left. I hope they fit together with the ones already on the board!

daber
09-19-2001, 03:18 PM
Goofymom/pop,
Don't have a problem with knowing where to put the pieces since it is an interlocking jig-saw photomosaic puzzle, just having trouble interlocking the pieces! Going to WDW next month. Want me to get you the TON pins?