PDA

View Full Version : Allstar Quality Vacations - anyone heard of them?

minniemouseuk
11-30-2005, 09:58 AM
We're off to WDW on December 10th, and have today been handed our flight tickets from our travel agent (we're booked with Virgin).

Anyway, our Disneyworld passes were ordered from another company, Allstar Quality Vacations. Our travel agent spoke to them on the phone today, and they said that we won't get our tickets till Tuesday!!

We only used this company because our travel agent recommended them, but now I really wish I'd purchased our Disneyworld passes from Virgin, too.

As anyone heard of them? If so, did you encounter similar problems?

I pray this is a last-minute hitch, and that we do get those passes.

SimonV
11-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I must admit, they're not a company we know at all and, from their website (http://www.allstar-online.co.uk/index.asp) it is hard to tell exactly what they're about (they seem to be mainly a villa hire agency). But, if you ordered them through your TA, your agent should be able to chase them up to ensure you get the tickets.

Scottish-Helen
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
The company I work for in Ireland uses them for villa rentals which is the main thing that they do but I know we can book passes with them as well (I've never personally used them yet).

It is frustrating when companies send out passes so late but I'm sure you will get them in time.

Rick
12-01-2005, 06:47 AM
I must say ive not heard of this company either theres so many, i really hope everything is ok for you keep us all informed.

minniemouseuk
12-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks, I will do that.

I must say ive not heard of this company either theres so many, i really hope everything is ok for you keep us all informed.

kazzie
12-02-2005, 04:21 AM
I think that's the villa company that have an office in the shopping centre on Formosa Gardens Boulevard off the 192?

Their villas are all the very high end of the market and mostly out of my price range! :flower:

minniemouseuk
12-02-2005, 04:39 AM
If I don't get my passes by Tuesday, I'm going to insist that the Travel Agency refund our money paid for them.

Through another part of this website, I've come across a company called Attraction Tickets Direct.

http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/

According to their website, they send out tickets within 7 days. I phoned to ask if it was possible to get them quicker than that if I paid extra. They said for an extra tenner, they could get them out the next day.

A 14 day Disney Ultimate Ticket is 159. So would be much cheaper than losing out, and having to buy tickets in WDW.

The lady was really nice on the phone, and even said, for my sake, she hope she doesn't hear from me again (I explained that we'd already ordered tickets, but were not sure we'd get them).

They also sent out the actual tickets, and not vouchers, so that's a bonus.

I spoke to the travel agent a couple of days ago. She said she'd spoken with the Director of Allstar Quality Vactions. I find that rather hard to believe! What annoyed me was that one minute she said they were a good company, the next she said they'd had trouble in the past getting them to send the tickets. And they recommended them! But I also learnt that are affiliated to them, so that explains alot.

He told her the tickets will be in our hands by the end of the week. I hope that's true.

KayleeUK
12-02-2005, 05:09 AM
Fingers crossed for you :)

minniemouseuk
12-03-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm very pleased to report that my travel agent phoned me first thing this morning to let me know that my passes had arrived.

Of course, I jumped on the next bus to collect them, and they seem OK. in fact, they are the actual tickets, rather than a letter/vouchers.

I assume this means that, when I check into All Star Movies, I will receive a room key, in addition to the pass? Whereas on previous trips the room key has doubled as the pass.

Heh, who cares? I'm going to Disneyworld. A week today, I'll be there!!!

Miffy2003
12-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Great news!

When we stayed at All Star Movies we got a regular room key (credit card style) in addition to our tickets which were not bought as part of the Disney package.

Scottish-Helen
12-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Glad it is all sorted, you can now get back to counting down :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: