PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Tour

Queenie
11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I've read somewhere that you can take a midnight tour of the Haunted Mansion which includes being the last people of the day to ride the attraction and a walking tour around the Mansion with a guide pointing out interesting facts. Is this just a myth or can you really do it as this tour would really interest me!

Anyone know?

1000th happy haunt
11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I've never heard of such a tour. In fact, the past few years there have been no backstage tours of the Haunted Mansion for guests. I was told it was for insurance reasons.

Last backstage tour I heard of for WDW's Haunted Mansion was for IAHA (International Association of Haunted Attractions, a professional organization) in 2002.

Mandabella
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
I've never heard of it either.

It'd be nice.

kristieuk
11-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Haunted Mansion was closed for refurbishment when we went a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it will have re-opened by the time you go - maybe call Disney directly closer to the time as they may re-introduce tours if it's all new?

CDSTapisRouge
11-30-2005, 02:16 AM
I worked at the Mansion for 3 years (currently still in MK but not HM) and I have never heard of this either. It is not something that we ever did while I was there and I have not heard of it through friends as something that has been added.

SimonV
11-30-2005, 08:19 AM
The Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the MK usually includes the HM, and the tour guide often takes his group in through a CM entryway that includes a corridor not usually seen by guests (but still with all the necessary spooky themeing). However, that merely by-passes most of the queue, and the group then rides the ride in the normal way. There is certainly no walk-through (even though there are plenty of interesting facts and details to point out on the way!), and we have never heard of anything available to the general public. It is obviously also a key element on MNSSHP, but even then the ride operates normally and there are no HM tours as such. Sorry to disappoint you, Queenie.

Queenie
11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Not a disappointment as such, I didn't really believe it as there was no official info anywhere. I'd just like to know what these people are referring to who claim to have had this midnight walk through tour of the Mansion??

Miffy2003
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
It isn't the Haunted mansion at Disneyland is it? They do special Halloween celebrations I believe, but I have no idea if this includes a midnight tour or not.