PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Barber Shop

earhead
09-18-2001, 02:34 PM
:earsboy: Back in April the Harmony Barber shop was closed as it was part of the Main St. Emporium makeover. Does anyone know if it (the barber shop) has re-opened?

WebmasterDoc
09-20-2001, 08:50 PM
The Barber Shop is open at the near end of Main Street, close to the horse barn. The Emporium renovation was still under wraps last week, but should be open by the 100th celebration.

earhead
09-21-2001, 08:51 AM
Thanks Doc, Haircut and beard trim is a tradtional part of my/our WDW trip. It was closed on our last trip in April, so I've had to let it grow till next trip this Halloween. It's driving me nuts, but I feel I've got to keep the traditrion alive.:crazy:

stormi65
10-08-2001, 10:28 PM
My husband got what I thought was the best haircut ever last month there. It looked
great!! He did not believe at first that Disney really had a barbershop there. :)

earhead
10-09-2001, 05:31 PM
Disney is just full of surprises! Since the first time I wandered into that little corner of
Main St. and found the barber shop, I've been a steady customer. That was probably in '88
or '90. At the time they were doing the haircut and a shave routine, with the hot towel
wrapped around your face to soften up your beard and the straight razor sharpened on
the leather strop. They've since stopped that because of health concerns.
I have never
ever had a better haircut and beard trim than I get at Harmony Barber Shop. They
(Disney) hire the best of the best and it shows. I will always be a "regular" at this spot.

Did you know that the Barbershop Quartet (the guys that perform on Main St.) hang out
in the barber shop between sets? You can get an earful of cast member talk just by being
there! Also, a good many of the cast members from all over the "world" come here on their
off days to get their haircuts.