PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Tickets Direct latest

SimonV
11-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Attraction Tickets Direct have announced their own 'price freeze' on Disney and Universal tickets for anyone booking by Dec 31, and going in 2006 OR 2007. Here's their press release:

Holidaymakers who book their Florida 2006/07 theme park tickets with Attraction Tickets Direct (ATD) by 31st December 2005 will guarantee they are paying 2005 rates and not the higher 2006 prices. From 1st January 2006, visitors to the Sunshine State will pay up to £100 more per family for their attraction tickets. Plus customers can currently obtain a FREE International Phone Card, with savings of up to $50 (providing over 15 minutes of talk time between the US and UK), exclusively from ATD.

Ticket 2005 ATD rates Projected 2006 rates Saving (on 3 adults, 1 child)

Disney’s £159 (adult) £171 (adult) £47 (£616 = 05 cost)
14-Day £139 (child) £150 (child) (£663 = 06 cost)
Ultimate

5 Park £116 (adult) £129 (adult) £50 (£444 = 05 cost)
Orlando £96 (child) £107 (child) (£494 = 06 cost)
FlexTicket

TOTAL SAVING: £97

To book call 0845 130 3876, or see www.attractionticketsdirect.com

ATD does not charge for postage and has no date restrictions - tickets can be booked at any time for travel in the future - even for holidays taken in 2007. There are no charges for credit card fees and tickets are delivered within seven days.

wicket2005
11-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Interesting. I used attractions this year and were well pleased with, they priced matched a cheaper price too. I intend to use them next year so I am off to the website for a look. Many thanks. :)

wilma-bride
11-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Great news, thanks Simon. I, too, have been considering using Attraction Tickets Direct for next year's tickets so that has more or less persuaded me now :)

mandymouse
11-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I booked my Universal tickets from them and I was very happy with the service. They were the cheapest too, I ordered the tickets on the Monday and they were with me by the weekend after :)

JohnnySharp2
11-29-2005, 08:10 AM
For buying tickets in the UK Attraction Tickets are the best..but as we now have APs for Universal and MYW tickets for Disney I doubt if we would use them again for a while.

Ware Bears
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Ooh, this is very tempting but as we are not going until March 2007 it just seems such a long way away. For those who have bought from them before, are the tickets always with no date restrictions? Last time we went we bought Fun in the Sun tickets and they had an expiry date on them. I guess if there are no date restrictions, Disney and Universal would always honour them.

Oh decisions, decisions.....:confused3

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

florida sun
11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Ooh, this is very tempting but as we are not going until March 2007 it just seems such a long way away. For those who have bought from them before, are the tickets always with no date restrictions? Last time we went we bought Fun in the Sun tickets and they had an expiry date on them. I guess if there are no date restrictions, Disney and Universal would always honour them.

Oh decisions, decisions.....:confused3

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Elaine

I bought my tickets from them in August and as far as I can remember there were no date restrictions on them at all. :goodvibes This sounds great may look into it myself for next year.

Sue :wave:

wilma-bride
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Attraction Tickets Direct have announced their own 'price freeze' on Disney and Universal tickets for anyone booking by Dec 31, and going in 2006 OR 2007. Here's their press release:

Holidaymakers who book their Florida 2006/07 theme park tickets with Attraction Tickets Direct (ATD) by 31st December 2005 will guarantee they are paying 2005 rates and not the higher 2006 prices. From 1st January 2006, visitors to the Sunshine State will pay up to £100 more per family for their attraction tickets. Plus customers can currently obtain a FREE International Phone Card, with savings of up to $50 (providing over 15 minutes of talk time between the US and UK), exclusively from ATD.

Ticket 2005 ATD rates Projected 2006 rates Saving (on 3 adults, 1 child)

Disney’s £159 (adult) £171 (adult) £47 (£616 = 05 cost)
14-Day £139 (child) £150 (child) (£663 = 06 cost)
Ultimate

5 Park £116 (adult) £129 (adult) £50 (£444 = 05 cost)
Orlando £96 (child) £107 (child) (£494 = 06 cost)
FlexTicket

TOTAL SAVING: £97

To book call 0845 130 3876, or see www.attractionticketsdirect.com

ATD does not charge for postage and has no date restrictions - tickets can be booked at any time for travel in the future - even for holidays taken in 2007. There are no charges for credit card fees and tickets are delivered within seven days.

Just out of interest, Simon, is this info off their website - and, if so, whereabouts is it. Went to order tickets yesterday and, by the looks of it, it only applies if you order and pay for them in full straight away. In which case, it's not actually a price freeze as they will not guarantee the same prices if you pay a deposit and then pay in full nearer your holiday date :confused3

SimonV
12-01-2005, 09:43 AM
The info was in a standard press release earlier this week, and logically it will apply only to those who book and pay in full by the end of the year. If they allow people to pay a deposit and then actually pay for the tickets in 2006 and 2007, the ticket price WILL have gone up and you can't really expect any outlet to sell tickets at below their cost price. ATD and the others will all be paying more for their ticket supplies in 2006 (and 07), and I can't imagine anyone would be able to sell at current prices. The simple fact is you would be paying in full now to save more in the long term.

wilma-bride
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
I do appreciate that, Simon. I think the point I was trying to make (probably not very well) is that if you purchased tickets this year, even if they were for next year's travel, then you would expect only to pay this year's prices. That, to me, is no different to anywhere else. For example, earlier this year, we bought 2x 7 day premium tickets (at 2005) prices. We didn't use them at all so will be using them next year. Therefore, we have got tickets for 2006 at 2005 prices. Anyway, ATD are still cheap so we will probably still use them for the extra tickets we need.

George05
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi all,
I can see where wilma-bride is coming from, if people are not going until 06/07 why would they buy now ok yes i understand you are only paying 2005 prices but to find the tickets money just like that by the end of the yr when your not going till 06/07. Maybe its just me i will take look at there website.

tartangirl
12-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I was planning hanging off buying Fletickets for our holiday next year as there are often deals (e.g. half price child tickets) in February.

I am now concerned as it looks like the prices are rocketing up next year - does anyone know if this is just the ticket agents scaring us into buying tickets early or if they are genuinely going to increase by greater than 10%?

I've noticed Universal are introducing a couple of new tickets (1 week and 2 week) and was wondering if the large increase in Flexticket prices was due to Universal trying to encourage more people to take 2 weeks at Universal as opposed to taking time at Seaworld/Busch.

It now looks about £20 cheaper to buy the Universal 2 week ticket and the Seaworld/Busch 21 day ticket as opposed to the 5 park flexticketpass - if you dont mind giving Wet'n'Wild a miss.

Any one got any insight into the pricing?