PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Questions?

mushumadness
11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Hiya

Well we go this week, and I am down to the all important where to shop this year questions.

So where do you think?

I will of course go to the florida mall and belz but havnt been any where else so any ideas?

I am soooo excited, trying to whittle our clothes down to bear minimum lol so we have room to shop.

The cases will be down from the loft within the hour woohoo

Just need to focus on shoping now,

If any of you guys have directions to any new places they are greatly appreciated

wilma-bride
11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
We really liked the Premium Outlets at the bottom/top of I-Drive.

I'm sooo jealous, wish I was going soon :bounce: (that's me, green with envy, BTW ;) )

Miffy2003
11-28-2005, 02:54 PM
You've already said it Anna, but my favourite is the Florida Mall.

I hear good things about Festival Bay but have never been, so I would be interested in any comments anyone has?

tartangirl
11-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Premium Outlets and Florida Mall for me.

We use the cinema at Festival Bay but the mall itself has always looks like only half the shops are occupied. With the exception of Ron Jons we skip all the shops.

I was disappointed with Belz and Lake Buena Vista Stores (with the exception of Fossil where I got some great Armani jewellery) this year.

JohnnySharp2
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
We have always found overall the Florida Mall is best, for a good selection of stores.

Premium Outlets, can be a bit hit and miss as all the stores are selling goods that did not sell originally when first introduced, sportswear is probably the best bet here.

Mall At Millenia is well worth a visit, there are a large number of expensive shops but have the advantage of having the only Macy's and Bloomingdales in the Orlando area and also an excellent food court.
I love the Tommy Bahama shop personally.

Festival Bay is taking a long time to really prosper and a lot of the plots are still untaken, however the Ron Jon Surf Shop is well worth a visit and there are some excellent jewellery stalls within the mall also...it also was the only mall open on Easter Sunday this year so it will always be remembered by us for that!!

Belz - never liked it.

Claire L
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
We have found some great stuff at Premium Outlets from sports wear to trainers to kitchenware to household collectibles :)
Claire ;)

brer rabbit 28
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
premium outlets has a great skechers shop,also a character shop selling discounted disney stuff :teeth: .

There is also a western wear shop at festival bay-i will be leaving room for some authentic cowboy boots next year.

disneyholic family
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
premium outlets is good if you like outlet malls...
the florida mall is just way too big for me, but it has a lot of great stores in it....
Festival Bay has Steve and Barry's which is a gold mine for my teenage kids....when we were at the one in detroit in september, my daugther walked out with about 20 items of clothing....and at $7/item that only came to $140....not bad for a day's work...
my son bought a team jacket at the one in Detroit 2 years ago for only $8....it still looks brand new...i can't figure out how they can make it for that price...

SimonV
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
We definitely enjoy Festival Bay now there is more there (and some good places to eat - check out the new Dixie Landings for great seafood), while The Loop (a new development in Kissimmee at the junction of Osceola parkway and John Young Parkway) is well worth checking out for big stores like Ross, Pier 1, Kohl's, Kirklands, Sports Authority, Old Navy and Famous Footwear, plus smaller outlets like Yankee Candle Co, Justice and Pac Sun. There are also some good places for dinner here, too, with Chipotle Mexican Grill, Mama Fu's and Macaroni Grill the pick of the bunch.

mushumadness
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
hi simon

do you have directions to that?

SimonV
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Yes, mm, it is about 3 miles north of Highway 192 if you go straight up John Young Parkway, or about 5 miles from International Drive, taking Central Florida Parkway (near SeaWorld) east until you hit John Young, then go south. If you are out on the western stretch of 192 or Highway 27, the best way is to take the 192 to the junction with I-4, go north one junction, then take Osceola Parkway ($1.50 in tolls) east until you hit John Young. The Loop will be highly visible on your left. Here is their directions link: The Loop (http://www.attheloop.com/kissimmee/directions.htm). Happy shopping!