PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space

Supercod
11-28-2005, 07:45 AM
First time trying this ride and what a cracker ;) I am so glad Epcot finally got some more rides, with Mission Space, Soarin and good old Test Track it now made this a much more fun park and not just a place to eat different food and watch amazing fireworks at nigh ;)

http://www.duncan.org.uk/albums/Disney%20World%202005/25th%20November%202005/IMG_0188.JPG

orlando novice
11-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Absolutely hated mission space, never realised it would spin that fast, was so ill when I came off I had to go back to the villa and go to bed all afternoon. What a wimp I am..............

Frances999
11-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Glad you are having a great trip, Clarke! I'm not a fan of MS myself - but I do enjoy Test Track and love Soarin' :)

Have fun! :goodvibes

:wizard:

VSL
11-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Great pic!

FizzyPop
11-28-2005, 12:42 PM
I love mission space :) My little boy to this day still believes he went up to space :teeth:

disneyholic family
11-28-2005, 02:12 PM
DS rides Mission Space (he goes in the single riders line)....
while he's making his way through the ride, DD and I play the interactive team game in the back...always good fun....they finally built something to keep the non-riders entertained while the riders are getting their brains and guts spun about...
and DH makes a call in to the company to check up on things....
so everyone's happy....

Miffy2003
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree Beth. DD aged 9 loves the game and DD aged 6 loved the play area! DH was less sure about Mission Space though, LOL

Kevin Stringer
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Absolutely hated mission space, never realised it would spin that fast, was so ill when I came off I had to go back to the villa and go to bed all afternoon. What a wimp I am..............

You are not alone!
I did manage to stay in the park, but I'm pretty sure green is not my natural colour.
Great ride, just a shame my body doesn't like spinning.

Kev

kev kendall
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I went on mission space, and I hate the "Big" rides, but I wanted to do, purely becuase I ama bit of a space buff saddo!! The thing is - I was poorly for a couple of hours afterwards, but loved every minute of it - really really glad I did it! I felt like i'd really achieved something!!! The game in the back is really cool too!!!

Supercod
11-30-2005, 07:34 AM
I love mission space :) My little boy to this day still believes he went up to space :teeth:

It’s very believable, have to admit I am not a fan of spinning rides but this one was not a problem for me, I think mostly because I was caught up in the fun of it all. One thing I would recommend is that you sit with your head back and keep you eyes facing forward the whole time, this way you will not notice the spinning as your mind and body is easily tricked.

Amanda (9 year old) by the time she was near the front of the queue to go on was terrified to the point of tears by all the warnings before you get on, I offered to take her off the ride but she said she try it, so off we went… I was thinking she be sick on me ;), but ended up loving it so much she wanted to go on again with the rider swap person in our group right afterwards.. She was “over the moon” that she was the Pilot for the trip ;)

disneyholic family
11-30-2005, 07:41 AM
It’s very believable, have to admit I am not a fan of spinning rides but this one was not a problem for me, I think mostly because I was caught up in the fun of it all. One thing I would recommend is that you sit with your head back and keep you eyes facing forward the whole time, this way you will not notice the spinning as your mind and body is easily tricked.

Amanda (9 year old) by the time she was near the front of the queue to go on was terrified to the point of tears by all the warnings before you get on, I offered to take her off the ride but she said she try it, so off we went… I was thinking she be sick on me ;), but ended up loving it so much she wanted to go on again with the rider swap person in our group right afterwards.. She was “over the moon” that she was the Pilot for the trip ;)

DS also says it's very believable (he's 18).....he loves this ride.....
DH rode with him the first time, and since then DS has been a single rider (DH got a wee bit queasy from it that time he rode it...)...

SimonV
11-30-2005, 08:34 AM
MS is definitely a ride that can leave you feeling groggy, to say the least. The first time I rode it, it took me more than hour (plus a pint of Guinness :teeth: ) to feel back on an even keel again. Earlier this year, it had very little effect, so we speculate Disney have toned it down slightly. However, my brother, riding for the first time, still felt woozy afterwards. The warnings they post here are, for once, well founded, and riders should definitely follow the advice to keep your head back on the headrest and look straight ahead into the screen. If you turn your head or close your eyes (NOT advisable), you WILL feel the spinning effects. The other half of the Brit's Guide team (and my DW!), takes half a dramamine before riding MS and has never had any side-effects, but I think this is a bit extreme for a theme park ride!

disneyholic family
11-30-2005, 08:40 AM
MS is definitely a ride that can leave you feeling groggy, to say the least. The first time I rode it, it took me more than hour (plus a pint of Guinness :teeth: ) to feel back on an even keel again. Earlier this year, it had very little effect, so we speculate Disney have toned it down slightly. However, my brother, riding for the first time, still felt woozy afterwards. The warnings they post here are, for once, well founded, and riders should definitely follow the advice to keep your head back on the headrest and look straight ahead into the screen. If you turn your head or close your eyes (NOT advisable), you WILL feel the spinning effects. The other half of the Brit's Guide team (and my DW!), takes half a dramamine before riding MS and has never had any side-effects, but I think this is a bit extreme for a theme park ride!

well just to compare, both DH and DS got very ill on Dueling Dragons at IOA....and they only rode it once.....and as i said, DS can ride MS repeatedly....and they can both ride even the most difficult coasters and spinning rides...
their theory for why they got so ill on Dueling Dragons is that the head rest is too low for very tall people (both of them are very tall - DH is 6'7", DS almost the same...)...
in any case, they became very ill from it, but not from MS...
so you never really know what will do it to you...

as for me, virtual reality rides (the ones at disneyquest) are enough to put me out of commission for hours and hours and hours.....

cleo
11-30-2005, 08:48 AM
SimonV, you may think it's a bit extreme but I wasn't the one sucking down a pint of Guinness just to get my head back on straight, was I? ;)

I enjoyed my Guinness just for the sake of enjoying it. And I'll be taking half a Dramamine again, my dear, next time we ride MS! :teeth: