PDA

View Full Version : January 29 to February 2. 2006 Wonder roll call

LoveMyLAP-BAND
11-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi,

Who's coming with me? :goodvibes

I am sailing with my mom (a young age 65), my sons (8 & 4) and daughter (3). We are in 6643 & 6645.

Also staying the night before at the Radisson by the port. After the cruise we are staying at the Nick Hotel for three nights.

I am age 37 and I LOVE to scrapbook!

vacationaddict
11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
We are going. Me, myDH, myDD7, DS4. We are doing 3 days at POR after. I started another thres a while back there were 2 other replies.

vacationaddict
12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Anyone else???

shoppinchik
12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
I am going on the cruise also. I am 40, love to scrapbook and stamp. I am going on the cruise with my husband, daughter 11 and daughter 3. We will be going to WDW 1 day before and 1 day after. We need to try and get a bunch of us taking the cruise from the DIS boards to meet!! :cool1:

vacationaddict
12-17-2005, 09:53 PM
anyone else????

Tiggerlover48
12-21-2005, 08:12 PM
We are coming too and can't wait.

We booked early Dec. and I wasn't able to get reservations at Palo's - so I'm hoping we can get something on the ship when we get there.

LoveMyLAP-BAND
12-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey fellow shipmates,

Let's get together and meet on board. When is everyone planning to board? Shall we meet at the Mickey pool for lunch? :confused3 Or does someone have a better idea?

shoppinchik
12-28-2005, 07:27 PM
WE are planning to get to the terminal around 10:30 or so. We will be coming from one of the Disney hotels. What time is anyone else boarding?

shoppinchik
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Is anyone planning to eat at Palo? If so what day and what meal?

Tiggerlover48
12-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Our flight gets in about 10:00 am or so. So maybe around 11:00 - 11:30 - not sure?

No reservations at Palo - we booked late and didn't get any. But I'm going to try on Board.

butterflymommy
01-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm going with my DH, DD5, and DD3. Along with friends who have DD's the same age. First Disney Cruise for both families! Signed up for Palo on Wednesday night.
Signed all of the girls up for the kids club...anyone else have little ones that age in the kids club? Is it an all day thing or can we pick up and drop off throughout the day? Not sure how that works!
Love any advice you all have who have been before.
We're staying in Downtown Disney for the weekend and planning on getting to big boat around 11am.
VERY EXCITED!!

Donna

Tiggerlover48
01-11-2006, 09:54 AM
I have a DS6 that will also be in the kids club. There is a daily navigator that will list the different activities for the kids and for the adults. He will spend some time there playing, so mom and dad can have some quite time! :cool1: We got your docs. yesterday. We still need to make Palo res. when we get on the ship.

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Donna,

My daughter is 3 and is so looking forward to the kids club. I plan to get to the port around 11am. When we board, I am going to the Mickey pool until the safety drill.

When do we all want to meet? :confused3

NewyorkOT
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Has anyone planned a meeting from this board before? If anyone has a good idea on how to meet that has worked before. We will be boarding around 11 also if possible and then going to the pool if warm enough. My daughter is 3 and would love a playmate. Did you say your daughter will be going to the kids clubs?
Julie

butterflymommy
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes, my youngest daughter is 3 and is signed up for the club. The other family traveling with us has a daughter who turns 3 only days after the trip. We are trying to get her in the club as well. They said she'd have to sign up the day we board. We'll be getting there around 11am and headed to the Mickey pool ASAP. Playmates sound great!!

4theloveofdisney
01-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi,

Who's coming with me? :goodvibes

I am sailing with my mom (a young age 65), my sons (8 & 4) and daughter (3). We are in 6643 & 6645.

Also staying the night before at the Radisson by the port. After the cruise we are staying at the Nick Hotel for three nights.

I am age 37 and I LOVE to scrapbook!

Hi! :wave:

I posted on another thread but...we are crusing along with you!!! We are myself, DH, our son is also 8 and our DD's are 6 and also 3! :flower: We are also staying at the Radisson the night before and staying at Boardwalk Villas for two nights after the cruise.

We can't wait!!!

:hyper:

4theloveofdisney
01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a DS6 that will also be in the kids club. There is a daily navigator that will list the different activities for the kids and for the adults. He will spend some time there playing, so mom and dad can have some quite time! :cool1: We got your docs. yesterday. We still need to make Palo res. when we get on the ship.

This is so great! So far there is an 8 year old (my son's age) two three year olds (my daughters age) and now a 6 year old - also my middle daughter's age!

YEAH!!!!!! :banana:

4theloveofdisney
01-12-2006, 09:49 PM
BUMP! It's almost time! :cool1:

Tiggerlover48
01-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Are we there yet? I'm counting down the days. Unfortunately, the weather here has been pretty nice out. I hate that. I want it to be really cold when we leave. It's bound to change. :cool1:

4theloveofdisney
01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Are we there yet? I'm counting down the days. Unfortunately, the weather here has been pretty nice out. I hate that. I want it to be really cold when we leave. It's bound to change. :cool1:

So you're the one who jinxed us - lol! We have bad weather coming in tonight!!! Boo! :crazy2:

16 days to go! Can you believe it??? :hyper2:

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Looks like we're all getting to the boat pretty early and heading to the Mickey pool. How about ya'll PM me with your info (everyone's name, kids' ages, what you look like, cabin # and your email address) and then I'll make a list and send it out to everyone. :confused3

The kids can play and get to know each other before going into the clubs. :cool1:

I am getting way too excited. This is going to be a blast! :banana:

NewyorkOT
01-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I just sent the information to you via PM. Let me know if there is any other information you will need. I am very excited!!! I can't wait to go and meet everyone.

Tiggerlover48
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Our plane gets in at around 10 and then we head right over to the ship. Lunch probably outside and then the pool as well - I hope it's nice out. It's got to be better then snow on the ground. :cool2:

4theloveofdisney
01-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I just sent you a PM with our info as well. We don't have a cabin assignment as of yet. :rolleyes1

vacationaddict
01-13-2006, 06:13 PM
lovemylapband I just sent uou a message.

butterflymommy
01-13-2006, 09:07 PM
lovemylapband - Did you get my message from earlier today? Hope so!

ametaldiva
01-14-2006, 11:53 AM
I was wondering - is anyone else cruising on the 29th without kids? It's just DH and I. Should I still PM my info to you, LoveMyLAP-BAND? :earsboy:

Pumbaa_
01-14-2006, 06:23 PM
So this is where everyone else has been hiding! :chat:
There is another thread for the same cruise. Can we all head to one?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=950240

I am cruising with my DH and our kids are staying home :dog: :dog: :cat: :cat: :cat:

This will be our first cruise and we are so excited. We will be at Pop for 2 nights, then heading to the cruise, then 2 nights at the BWV after.

:cool1: Is it time yet??

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Sure, ametaldiva, PM me with your info. Also, Pumbaa is going without kids. You guys could hook up, too. :teeth:

Tiggerlover48
01-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Anyone planning on walking to the Pirate Museum in Nassau? We were thinking of it. pirate:

Pumbaa_
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
pirate: Aargh Matey!
lol, we are planning on going to the pirate museum and the straw market, then back to the ship to hang out.

On CC, we are doing the bottom fishing excursion. I don't fish, but I do enjoy being on the boat. I read and take pictures :) Anyone else doing the fishing? If I can send hubby with someone, then Serenity Bay is all mine!

Tiggerlover48
01-16-2006, 10:01 PM
We're going, but we are brining our our DS6. So it's up to you if you want to go together. I know my DH isn't thrilled with the Bahamas (and I agree with him) so I thought it would be fun and maybe to convince him to go if we went with others. We were accosted by the natives when we were last there getting off the boat.

ametaldiva
01-17-2006, 10:20 AM
On CC, we are doing the bottom fishing excursion. I don't fish, but I do enjoy being on the boat. I read and take pictures :) Anyone else doing the fishing? If I can send hubby with someone, then Serenity Bay is all mine!

My DH would have LOVED to do the fishing, but I knew it would be way too expensive for both us to go (since, like you, I really don't care to fish either), and now I think all of the spots are gone (that we could book online anyway). If I had known of another Disser doing it then maybe I could have hooked him up with a fishing buddy! :boat:

4theloveofdisney
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi Everyone!

Just checking in to see if we were planning and meeting up for certain. I didn't hear back after sending our info. The days are dwindling down. I'm excited but nervous that I'll pack all the wrong things - lol! :guilty:

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh, yes. I'll have the final list soon with all the revisions. Everyone plans to get to the port around 11am-ish and head to the Mickey pool. So plans are to be on the lookout at the pool for each other. We do have our cells so we can all try to call each other at the port or at the pool.

Tiggerlover48
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM
As I sit here with a chill writing this I can't wait for warmer weather!!! :cool1: I don't have a cell phone, but I'm sure I'll find you. I saw just sharing the picutures of the stingray excursion with him and he was jumping up and down. He is so exicted to go. I know this will not be our last DCL!

NewyorkOT
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM
We are so excited to just be getting out of this cold weather!!! We are so excited we are already packed!! Well, not quite. Do you think it will be warm enough to wear shorts? I am not sure what clothes to pack because of the weather. What is everyone else doing?

Tiggerlover48
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't know what to pack either. Probably a combo of pants and shorts. It might be a little chilly at night. But I always bring a little of everything - so I'm covered. I just want to be able to swim.

Amlee
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm going with my extended family. Parents, Brothers, Sister, Inlaws, Nieces (14, 10 and 3) and Nephews (6 and 5). 16 of us total. We are part of a larger group of 36.

4theloveofdisney
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm going with my extended family. Parents, Brothers, Sister, Inlaws, Nieces (14, 10 and 3) and Nephews (6 and 5). 16 of us total. We are part of a larger group of 36.

Wow! You are going to have a great time!!!! :flower:

4theloveofdisney
01-20-2006, 02:46 PM
We are so excited to just be getting out of this cold weather!!! We are so excited we are already packed!! Well, not quite. Do you think it will be warm enough to wear shorts? I am not sure what clothes to pack because of the weather. What is everyone else doing?

I don't know what to pack either. I am watching the weather right up to the last minute though!! So far, I have all of our swimming suits and coverups (thinking positive!) :rotfl: as well as shorts for three days. I am thinking that our day at sea, CC and Nassau will be warm enough? :cheer2: I am also packing a few pairs of jeans for each of us and some capris. We have our pirate costumes ready to go! pirate: And for the other dinners, I have mostly slacks and blouses for myself and kahki type pants and button downs or polos for DH. I figure that if it's cold, I will just throw in a load and rewash our jeans. I am also bringing light jackets and sweatshirts for all of us.

Sound good? :rolleyes:

Amlee
01-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah we are all getting excited. The kids have been since they got told in August. The adults are just now getting excited about it all. I think once the hassle of packing and getting there is over. Then we will really get excited.

I took my mother on a RCCL cruise in 2001. We had to sadly watch as the Wonder sailed past us. If she could have figured out how to jump over she would have. She was like a kid. :rotfl2: I can't wait to see everyones face when we top the hill of that bridge and they see the ship for the first time.

Amlee
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
This will be my 3rd Winter Nassau cruise. Both times we had shorts and tank tops with a light jackets for the islands. It was very breezy with the wind coming in off of the ocean. So if your quick to chill then be ready for it. No swim suits for me. I don't know about the pools, but the ocean water is turn your lips blue cold!!!

Layering is the best.

NewyorkOT
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I checked the weather in Nassau and it is 77degrees!!! That is nice shorts weather to me. Orlando is warm too. I think it is 70. My kids won't care if the water is cold. They are both fish. They love the water and the pool. We are leaving next Friday night to go to Disney. We are so excited. I will be watching the weather all week too.

4theloveofdisney
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I checked the weather in Nassau and it is 77degrees!!! That is nice shorts weather to me. Orlando is warm too. I think it is 70. My kids won't care if the water is cold. They are both fish. They love the water and the pool. We are leaving next Friday night to go to Disney. We are so excited. I will be watching the weather all week too.

Yeah! I hope that weather holds! I know the ocean water will be cold but the kids will want to make sand castles and play on the beach. Is the water in the pool on board heated like at the resorts??

Amlee
01-20-2006, 04:28 PM
When the temp drops below 75 degrees they will heat up the pools.

4theloveofdisney
01-20-2006, 11:32 PM
When the temp drops below 75 degrees they will heat up the pools.

Yeah! :cool1:

Thanks!

NewyorkOT
01-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Does anyone know what movie or movies are playing on the Wonder for our trip? Do we just find out when we board? Is anyone staying on the ship when we go into Nassau? Who else will be trying to change their dining reservation once they board?

NewyorkOT
01-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Is anyone going to Disney the day before we get on the ship? We are scheduled for a Wishes cruise through the Magic Kingdom. Would anyone be interested in sharing it? I think they let 10 to 11 people on. We have room for 2 or 3 I can call and ask how many we can fit on.

ametaldiva
01-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Is anyone going to Disney the day before we get on the ship? We are scheduled for a Wishes cruise through the Magic Kingdom. Would anyone be interested in sharing it? I think they let 10 to 11 people on. We have room for 2 or 3 I can call and ask how many we can fit on.

I would love to share a Wishes cruise! I have always wanted to go on one. DH and I are staying at ASMU the night before the cruise (28th). If you still have room please let me know! :) I sent you a PM!

Amlee
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know what movie or movies are playing on the Wonder for our trip? Do we just find out when we board? Is anyone staying on the ship when we go into Nassau? Who else will be trying to change their dining reservation once they board?

The movies that will be playing are "Chicken Little", "Herbie Fully Loaded", "Narina", "The Incredables", and one more but I forgot the name.

I haven't decided about the ship yet. I know it's our formal night (which I hate!) I've been to Nassau many times and there is nothing really I want to go see or do there. I might wonder around the straw market later in the evening before they close. (better prices that way). I also have a day pass to Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort. So I might go check that out. But right now I'm plannig to stay on the boat.

4theloveofdisney
01-21-2006, 11:53 AM

We are probably only going to do the Straw Market and the Pirate Museum so we will be on the ship - hopefully hanging out by the pool! We don't want to do Atlantis for the aquarium as we have season passes to the new Atlanta Aquarium and we can't see paying full price for 5 just to do the pool/beach area. It's just not worth the money to us. I also asked about the glass bottom boat trip but was told it's not all that great either. The only other options were to take a taxi to a public beach but DH doesn't want to venture out to do with with three little ones. I wish they had the fishing excursion in Nassau instead of CC!!

4theloveofdisney
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
People crusing this week are so lucky - highs of low 80's/high 70's. The temps keep dropping by the weeks end though and by the time we ruturn to Cape Canaveral, the projected high is only 62 w/a low of 41. Here in Georgia, we have highs around 58 right now with lows in the 38 - 42 degree range and while it's nothing compared to the cold weather you northerners have to deal with, it's not all that warm either. I'm hoping a warm front moves in quickly!!! :p

Amlee
01-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah but they still have the humidity down there. So that has to be factored in. I'm more worried about the rain that they have forecasted for the time we are down there. :sad2:

4theloveofdisney
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah but they still have the humidity down there. So that has to be factored in. I'm more worried about the rain that they have forecasted for the time we are down there. :sad2:

I saw that as well. :guilty:

Tiggerlover48
01-22-2006, 06:56 AM
We had a record high of 53 on Friday! I don't want that. I want it to be freezing when I leave. I want to be warm on the ship and know that everyone else up here is not!!!! :cool1: Have you checked the weather forecast for our week? I thought I might look in a couple days and see what it has in store for us.

Amlee
01-22-2006, 11:48 AM
:cool1: Today they have taken the rain out of the forecast for Nassau for the 30th and 31st. :banana: Right now it's suppose to be partly cloudy and 78 degrees. :sunny: Monday has 0% rain. Lets hope it stays that way!!!!

Last year I was down there the first of Feb and it rained like summer rain. Just for a few minutes and then the sun would pop out. With the temps in the high 70s low 80s. It was funny because we were all in tanks and shorts, while the locals looked dressed for a winter storm.

NewyorkOT
01-22-2006, 12:43 PM
The weather forecast changes so often when trying to predict that far in advance. I am just hoping for a nice trip. We are tying to pack at our house. If I pack all the suggested items that I have seen posted here there will not be any room for our clothes. We are trying to only pack two large and two small suitcases. From what I have read lately people wear mostly there swimsuites on board and evening clothing for dinner. I wanted to pack some princess outfits for my daughter to wear to dinner on the ship. Our pirate stuff takes up a lot of room also.

ametaldiva
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
The weather forecast changes so often when trying to predict that far in advance. I am just hoping for a nice trip. We are tying to pack at our house. If I pack all the suggested items that I have seen posted here there will not be any room for our clothes. We are trying to only pack two large and two small suitcases. From what I have read lately people wear mostly there swimsuites on board and evening clothing for dinner. I wanted to pack some princess outfits for my daughter to wear to dinner on the ship. Our pirate stuff takes up a lot of room also.

I know exactly what you mean about the packing - we're only two people and we're having a hard time! We have one whole small suitcase with nothing but shoes in it! I don't know where we are going to put everything! Thank goodness we are driving! Does anyone know for sure if you have to have a DCL luggage tag on your carry-on bag? I hope not because I think we need all four of ours for our "checked" luggage!

Oh well, I'd rather be complaining about having to pack all of this stuff rather than not having anything to pack for!!! :)

Amlee
01-22-2006, 01:28 PM
We are within the 7 day forecast now. So I'm hoping it's more accurate since we are in that time frame.

I know what yall both mean about packing. I have all that i'm going to take in a 28 inch pull tote. But the one thing I have learned (The hard way!) is when you try to pack everything in one or two bags. You then get over the weight limit allowed per bag. (never figured out the difference between having one bag that weights 100 lbs vs two bag that weight 50 lbs each) But the airline seems to think there is about $75 dollar difference. :confused3

Pumbaa_
01-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Packing is always so hard. I tend to way overpack, The cruise is extra hard since you need nice clothes for dinner (versus park stuff that is (for us) simpler!)

We usually stay at OKW at Disney so we have a washer/dryer int he room. I have gotten very spolied. We have been packing about 3 days worth of clothes and then I just do laundry. So this will be strange for me, since I don't feel like hanging out in the laundry room on the ship! Much different when you can throw a load in in your own room, KWIM?

Let's hope the weather is warmer and dry!!

4theloveofdisney
01-22-2006, 11:03 PM
:cool1: Today they have taken the rain out of the forecast for Nassau for the 30th and 31st. :banana: Right now it's suppose to be partly cloudy and 78 degrees. :sunny: Monday has 0% rain. Lets hope it stays that way!!!!

Let's hope it holds!!!! :thumbsup2 At least them temps have gone up bit too! :goodvibes

4theloveofdisney
01-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Packing is always so hard. I tend to way overpack, The cruise is extra hard since you need nice clothes for dinner (versus park stuff that is (for us) simpler!)

We usually stay at OKW at Disney so we have a washer/dryer int he room. I have gotten very spolied. We have been packing about 3 days worth of clothes and then I just do laundry. So this will be strange for me, since I don't feel like hanging out in the laundry room on the ship! Much different when you can throw a load in in your own room, KWIM?

Let's hope the weather is warmer and dry!!

I hate packing and what's worse is I haved added a few pounds since last summer. :p I always do this but I didn't think about the cruise so most of my summer things don't fit and I don't want to buy a size bigger. For one thing the larger size doesn't quite fit as well and (most importantly) I don't plan on staying this size!! I'm now working out like crazy. Not to mention that most of the stores here don't have their summer items out yet.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :rotfl:

I think I'll have to throw in a load of laundry as well. I'm packing for 5 so the amount of stuff we have is unbelievable.

4theloveofdisney
01-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know which night it is? Is it our CC day?

Thanks!

Amlee
01-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know which night it is? Is it our CC day?

Thanks!

Yup it's the night we are in CC.

Weather is still holding up! :banana:

NewyorkOT
01-24-2006, 05:31 AM
I hear th weather in Miami yesturday was 81!!! That means the weather in the Bahamas was probably at least that. It is murphy's law If I pack shorts it will be cold. If I pack pants it will be hot. My suitcase is already full. I am bringing a duffle bag inside the suitcase incase they say I am over weight. Sometimes they weigh the bag and sometimes they do not.

NewyorkOT
01-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Is anyone having something signed by the characters like a pillowcase? I am hoping they will not give my any trouble for trying to have this done.

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Just checked the weather----forecast is no rain and high 70's for the Bahamas for Monday and Tuesday. :thumbsup2

I am bringing three tee shirts and a picture frame mat for the characters to sign.

Tiggerlover48
01-24-2006, 07:02 AM
It snowed here yesterday!!!! I can't wait to go. I'm still deciding what to pack too. I'm thinking of bringing something to have them sign too. I think a lot of people do it and they shouldn't be mad - I would think and hope!!

4theloveofdisney
01-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Is anyone having something signed by the characters like a pillowcase? I am hoping they will not give my any trouble for trying to have this done.

We are! I am bringing pillowcases and maybe a picture matte if I have time to find one before we go. I read on these boards that they still do that. Just put the item(s) in a plastic zip loc along with sharpies. I read the putting in multicolored ones is suggested.

The kids will be so surprised!

4theloveofdisney
01-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Just checked the weather----forecast is no rain and high 70's for the Bahamas for Monday and Tuesday. :thumbsup2

Yes! :woohoo:

Amlee
01-24-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm taking pillow cases for all the kids also. It's going to be a surprise for them when we get back.

:firefight: We had a major scare this morning. My mother called at day break screaming at me that my brother's house was on fire. My nephew woke his parents up telling them his room was full of smoke. My brother is a volunteer firefighter jumped up and got them all out of the house and then went back into the house. He managed to put it out before the fire department got there. They still don't know what caused it, but they had some fire damage and major smoke in the house. What a morning!!! We are very lucky! Ok got that off my chest!

Impact
01-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I just found this site!! We are excited to be leaving shortly for our first cruise!! We are driving from Michigan with my DH, DS14, DD11, DD8 and DS3. My sister,her DH, DD19, DS15 and DD13 along with my mom and dad are meeting us onboard. I am glad to see fellow scrapbookers :cheer2: I might be able to sneak away to meet with you at the Micky pool.
A couple of questions, what is this I hear about a pirate party? Is that on our cruise? Also, do walkie-talkie's work aboard ship?

Amlee
01-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Welcome! From what I understand pirate night is a pirate themed buffet dinner the night we are Castaway Cay. With Fireworks and the like.

Here is a link to a thread that was just started the other day with pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1009594

I don't know yet if I'll be able to get away to meet up at the pool. But I'm hoping to try!

butterflymommy
01-24-2006, 11:03 AM
ABOUT THE PILLOWCASES...

Is it OK to put both DD's in same ziploc with pens or do I have to prepare them separately and get more pens?!?! :confused3

So many things to think about! :crazy:

We're getting very excited! The kids are driving me nuts!!

Amlee
01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm doing each child a ziplock with their name and age on an index card. I've bought a large pack of markers and I'm dividing those up amoung the kids. (5) kids total.

SO many things to think about. Don't forget a small surge protecter with a good lenght cord. Great for cellphones, camera chargers and alarm clocks.

ametaldiva
01-24-2006, 11:33 AM
:firefight: We had a major scare this morning. My mother called at day break screaming at me that my brother's house was on fire. My nephew woke his parents up telling them his room was full of smoke. My brother is a volunteer firefighter jumped up and got them all out of the house and then went back into the house. He managed to put it out before the fire department got there. They still don't know what caused it, but they had some fire damage and major smoke in the house. What a morning!!! We are very lucky! Ok got that off my chest!

Sorry to hear about your brother's house - I'm glad everyone is okay! :grouphug:

Amlee
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your brother's house - I'm glad everyone is okay! :grouphug:

Thanks! They were very lucky. If they hadn't of been home they would have lost everything. But it's all good now. Insurance man has been out. They can't stay at thier house, so they are staying at my parents main house. Which works out great for the trip. They are riding with me to the airport. I'm staying at the main house also. So less running around for me the morning we leave. :cool1:

Impact
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank you for the information on the pirate night!!

butterflymommy
01-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Amlee,
Thanks for clearing up the pillowcase thing~ :thumbsup2

NEXT QUESTION...

My mom gave the girls autograph books at Christmas, will they be able to take them to the Kids Club or is that a waste? At age 5 and 3 I'm worried they would just lose them.
Should I just have them for scheduled character appearances and not worry about the ones they'll run into at the club?
HELP! I can't believe that this is the kind of stuff I'm stressing over! :)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Amlee
01-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Glad I could help!!

I just made my LAST trip to Wal-mart! :cool1:

As for the autograph books. I have bought our group some also. I went to office max and got the little kids pens that can be put on a chain. I've bought some hemp necklace string to run through where the chain should go. That way the kids can wear them around their necks and won't have to hunt for a pen. My mother has got them all fanny packs to wear and the autograph books will fit in them. That way they can carry their books with them around the ship in case they run into to a character. AND mama, daddy, or Aunt Amlee won't have to carry their books for them.

NewyorkOT
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I am sorry to hear about your family's house. I am glad they are ok and you are still able to go on the cruise.
It is all the little things that are driving me crazy packing. I do not have room for the over the door shoe hanger. I am trying to remember to pack socks, underwear, clothing and toiletries, bathing suits etc. along with all the medications, suntan lotion, hats, suns glasses- what else am I forgetting?
We leave Friday night. I am sooo excited.

Amlee
01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks. It was so funny. I pulled up at the cabin and my mother had all of my brother's and sister in law's clothes hanging from the tree's airing them out.

don't forget

your pillow cases and markers.
I do dryer sheets in the suit cases. It keeps the clothes smelling nice.
air freshener
night light if you have kids that are bothered by a dark room
I take a small surge protecter. (never enough plug ins)
benedryl
neosporn
ginger root
Door signs

CRUISE DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!

NewyorkOT
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I thought I was able to pull up Navigators from a recent 4 day cruise. Does anyone know if and where they would be posted? I wanted to look at the activities.
Thanks for the tip on the Benedryl. I would have forgotten them. The dryer sheets is good also. The extra plug I almost forgot too. I do not know if everything will fit into my luggage.

Amlee
01-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I thought I was able to pull up Navigators from a recent 4 day cruise. Does anyone know if and where they would be posted? I wanted to look at the activities.
Thanks for the tip on the Benedryl. I would have forgotten them. The dryer sheets is good also. The extra plug I almost forgot too. I do not know if everything will fit into my luggage.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm#navigators

GRR for some reason I can't do smilies or hyperlinks anymore. You will have to copy and paste to get it to work.

I'm having to take two bags.

NewyorkOT
01-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Thank you. I can get an idea of what is going on the first day or so. I am so excited.

Amlee
01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Your welcome!

First day: A bunch of screaming and squealing kids the first time they see Mickey and Minnie!

I said this on the another thread. I'll be the one bawling at seeing the kids reaction to it all!!

Impact
01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
I want to thank everyone for their posts! You guys have been very helpful :grouphug:
We are leaving tomorrow--driving from Michigan with 4 kids--please pray for our sanity!!! See you onboard!

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Julie/ NewYorkOT,

I have been trying to email you the list and it keeps getting bounced back. :badpc: Please PM me your email again.

Kirsten

Amlee
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope each and everyone one of you and your families a safe trip!

See you all on the ship!

NewyorkOT
01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Is anyone purchasing baskets from Shirley? What about from the cruise line? I got my family suprise baskets from Shirley. They are going to be so suprised.

I can hardly wait.

Amlee
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I didn't know about Shirley when I placed my order. But I ordered all of the kids autograph books and Mickey ears with their names embroidered on the back of them. They will be waiting in their staterooms when they get to the rooms. They don't have a clue I have them. Their parents do, but not the kids. I can't wait for them to get them!!

Ok now I have a question for yall!? Do yall know if water and tea will be free on CC?

ametaldiva
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok now I have a question for yall!? Do yall know if water and tea will be free on CC?

I don't know - I would think so being that lunch is included. I'm sure someone's probably asked a simliar question in the past - maybe do a search?

I just have to say that I'm getting really excited! It's almost time to go! We are leaving work at noon on Friday, so we are planning to be on the road by 1 - 2 pm -- I can't wait! It's almost here! I hope to meet everyone after we get on board! :banana: :cool1:

Amlee
01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks, I have tried a search. No luck. I guess we are just going to pack a cooler and some empty coke bottles. Fill them up on Deck 9 and take them with us on too CC.

I'm getting excited also!!!! :banana: My parents and one of my brothers and his family are flying down on Saturday. The other 11 of us are flying in on Sunday morning. To many of us to fly in on Saturday. So we had to split up.

I just got done printing out our door signs. Tomorrow I'll do the iron ons for the kids pillow cases.

Yall have a safe trip on the road!!

Tiggerlover48
01-26-2006, 07:17 AM
At this point I'm not sure I'll get the pillow cases or not. I got out his autograph book. I have two business' from home and I'm running around like crazy with them, that I don't have much time to do anything else. Can't wait and see you then!!

NewyorkOT
01-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Amlee- I read in my cruise passporter book that the drinks like pop and ice tea are included. That may have changed. I am not sure

Amlee
01-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks. I got told that soda is only included during lunch. If you get it at the bars it does cost on CC.

NewyorkOT
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I am bringing extra bubbles for those that want to blow them at the Sail Away party. I bought the kind you blow at weddings. They were on sale at Micheals last week. I was going to print labels for them, but I have been too busy to get that organized!!! We are leaving tomorrow night and I have packed and re packed for my kids and myself. My husband decided he can just pack tomorrow before we leave.

Amlee
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
OHHHH!! Bubbles!! I forgot about those! I guess I can take the ponchos out and put in bubbles for the kids. That is somehting I can get at the Dollar General with out having to go to Wal-mart!

Good Idea and the kids will LOVE it!

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Packing today! Leaving tomorrow! Can't believe it's finally here! See you guts Sunday. :woohoo:

Tiggerlover48
01-27-2006, 06:56 AM
I never thought of that - bubbles. I just might have to pack them. I'm still working on packing!! Need to do laundry - then I can pack. I can't believe it's here. :cool1:

ametaldiva
01-27-2006, 06:56 AM
We're leaving today! I just got up - gotta get ready for work - we are leaving work at 12:00 then coming home and loading everything up to hit the road! Whooohooo! :cool1: :banana: :)

Amlee
01-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm all packed and ready to go!! :cool1: I leave for my parents house tonight!!!

Hope to see all of yall on the ship!! Be safe in your travels!

NewyorkOT
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
I am leaving for Disney in a couple of hours. Hope everyone has a safe trip. I hope to meet you all on the ship on Sunday. Take care.
Julie

LoveMyLAP-BAND
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
What a great cruise! I loved the Double Dip! I am sorry I didn;t get to meet all of you. What a whirlwind of a week.

I hope all had a magical cruise. :love: