PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

RUSHBURY
11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Anyone know how early you can get into the park for MVMCP?
I know that we were allowed in at around 5pm for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and I'm wondering if it's the same for MVMCP.

squitty
11-27-2005, 03:19 PM
They usually start letting you in around 4pm :)

jeffn5631
11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
If you have regular park tickets you can go during those hours and then later in the day there will be different sites in the MK where you can turn your party tickets in to receive your wrist bands so you do not have to go thru the main gate again. If you have only the party tickets, regular park hours end at 6 so I guess you can go anytime between 5 and 6. If we may make a suggestion, if you can go to Epcot during your stay be sure to see the Candlelight Processional, we went for the first time yesterday and have been going to Epcot for years and for some reason never attended this performance, but we were just overwhelmed by music and Rita Moreno's exceptional performance as the narrator that we were not expecting. It really did remind you of the really true meaning of Christmas that we lose sight of. During this Christmas season we plan to go back to see it again and again. Best of all this is a free performance with your park admission and they have 3 evening performances with the last one ending just before Illuminations. We made reservations to the dinner package that is offered with reserved seating for the performance and it worked out better than we had planned with a character dinner at the Garden Grill. During our dinner we just talked about the performance and how it just exceeded our expectations. By the way, we will be at the MVMCP on Dec 4th riding our scooters.

J & J :earsboy: :earsgirl:

disneyholic family
11-27-2005, 03:40 PM
If you have regular park tickets you can go during those hours and then later in the day there will be different sites in the MK where you can turn your party tickets in to receive your wrist bands so you do not have to go thru the main gate again. If you have only the party tickets, regular park hours end at 6 so I guess you can go anytime between 5 and 6.

i'm sure it's earlier than that...
for the Night of Joy (also a special ticket event that officially begins at 7 PM) they let us in at 4 PM....
so my guess would be either 4 or 5 PM...

tyke
11-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Rushbury

We did MVMCP last year (and are also going again this year.....in 12 days time !) and were 'unofficially' allowed access to MK from 4pm - this was great for us as we did not plan a day to visit MK during that trip so it gave us a little extra time to enjoy a few rides/attractions leaving the evening free to enjoy the holiday celebrations.

jeffn5631

Saw the CP last year...awesome - we are considering the CP dinner package at the Garden Grill for this years trip - how did you rate the food - also how long did you have to arrive at the theatre before the show to ensure that you were guaranteed reserved seating.

tyke

Miffy2003
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
tyke - we had the CP last year and did the dinner package. From what I could see, very few people from the standby line were admitted at all as there were so many dining package people ;)

We got into line about 20 minutes before the show started but it must be said that the best seats had gone by then. If this matters to you, I would get in line earlier!