PDA

View Full Version : April 21, 2007 -- Western Magic -- anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ohMom
11-26-2005, 10:10 PM
do i have the honors of starting this thread or did I overlook it??

pppiglet
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi OhMom! I just changed our ressies to this date yesterday. I haven't found another thread here yet. Guess yours is the first. We wanted May, but since they won't have the dates for awhile I thought I'd better use this date to get a good price. If I waited to see May 07 and then don't like (or we can't afford) the special itinerary, then doing this now saves me money! We don't want to go to the Med. or Alaska. So this is the closest date to our 25th anniversary. (May 1st) We have never done the Carribean so are looking forward to it!

Debbie

pppiglet
11-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh....I just went to your cruise album link to 2peas. Great book and pictures! Mines not done yet, but most of it's there. I'm on as DebbieDoodles on their site. I remember seeing your pictures when I first went to 2peas to figure out how to try and make a book. I am so new to this, but researched and bought lots of supplies for about 6 months before I attempted anything!

Scorpio1112
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
LOL... GUESS WHAT WE ARE SWITCHING FROM FEB TO THIS ONE!!! tooo funnnnny!

I just went a looking for the rollcall and was SHOCKED to see you!

ohMom
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
oh sherri!!! how funny how cool!!!! i regret we didn't get much of a chance to chat onboard -- LOL how's that???

debbie -- I picked a Western as the cruise we just went on "Western" didn't stop at ANY of the normal Western ports! My DH was interested in the itineraries with two stops at CC again -- but frankly i was not at al interested in Costa Maya again

speaking of scrapbooks -- silly me - i prebooked myself for a crop tonight this friday before our vacation -- nothing like jumping back into my life. i should stay home and wrap christmas presents but instead i'll go :) i have to finish a small scrapbook i started as a gift for my SIL -- then my next book will by my 2006 1/2 marathon WDW trip! must scrap

Preston (DH) and i were talking about the downside to booking so far in advance is having too much time to preconceive each day, etc and then have a slight disappointment when things don't go the way one's mind played it out. for example, i was so looking forward to the Art of Entertainment classes, I LOVE baking, cooking, foodtv, the whole 9 yards. i was very disappointed with the pastry chef Herbert and how he run the plating class. i had read on the boards where another chef did a demo and then everyone made their own plate. not so for my class and i was bummed. oh well, just an example. all and all it was a FAB week -- just went tooooo quickly!

Scorpio1112
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I was a bit sad to move from Valentine's Day (which Rachel picked so Mom and Dad could do something nice).... but after I looked around at the weather temps and other peoples Feb cruises I thought I want this one to be better than our Turkey Day one... so I went and found this week was the same price as the Valentine's and that is what made my decision... but also ... it is a LONGER Wait... and I didn't tell my kids yet as I just decided it today at work!

ohMom
12-03-2005, 11:10 PM
ok --- i had to officially do a 'search' to find this thread - my eyes just won't adjust to looking for "April" instead of "November" when scrolling down the list

i have the post-cruise BLAHS!!!

sherri -- i picked April as it was first most the furthest date out available to book -- we have other things to do you know :) and secondly after our first VERY ROCKY night, i was talking with my pedicurist on Monday and asked her the best month to cruise for smooth seas (she's been onboard 4 1/2 years) and she said April or May. I swear I laid in bed that first night and thought I will NEVER book another cruise -- well, I did -- so that says it all.

we have cruised twice now with chilly waters in CC and i'm ready to be HOT and ready to jump in the water and snorkel!

i jusitified to my DH (not necessary for him but eased my guilt) that I have already bought all the cruise stuff -- best to make use of it and won't have the expense pre-cruise next time! :rotfl: I did pack up our pirate gear, etc. we had eye patches we didn't even open!

Scorpio1112
12-03-2005, 11:22 PM
I also felt the same way about having all the necessary attire, etc.... hey the children won't grow that much :rotfl2:

I am also looking for gorgeous and hot weather and also to actually visit our ports!!! My post cruise blahs have me consumed with the boards...

I was envious of the following posters pic of beautiful April weather at CC but then I read the post - hopefully we won't experience this (do you know how large the waves were at our roughest point? I hadn't found that channel on the TV then):

In April we had 14 -16 ft swells the first night out. People were getting sick in the halls and dinning rooms cleared out early. It did not bother me but my 5 year old and husband did not feel well. I bought them both the seabands from the gift shop. My sons was better in about 20 mins and was able to eat his dinner I brought back from the dinning room. My husband went to bed. The ship creaked and rocked all night. In the morning we were in Nassau and everyone felt fine. Any time we were on the ship they wore the seabands and had no other problems. The seas had also calm down.

pppiglet
12-03-2005, 11:31 PM
I picked this date also because furthest and cheapest date out. I used the same line on my DH. We already invested in all the luggage and clothes so we might as well get some use out of them. Our first cruise last June cost us a fortune being that it was a west coast 50th anniv. cruise. Even with us only having to drive to the port it was a lot of money. We had no clothes, no luggage, no passports, NADA.....and although in April we will have to fly to Florida, it looks like it will be cheaper still. We were in Cat 5 last time and this next time are trying Cat 7. I've been reading up on Disney transfers and flights and stuff since it's been 20years since I've been in an airport! I was so afraid of airports til I started watching Amazing Race on TV. It kinda helped me get over it. Seems so far away, but I know how fast the last one came up, so I know this will too. Glad you started the thread early.

Debbie

Scorpio1112
12-03-2005, 11:41 PM
I've been reading up on Disney transfers and flights and stuff since it's been 20years since I've been in an airport! I was so afraid of airports til I started watching Amazing Race on TV. It kinda helped me get over it. Seems so far away, but I know how fast the last one came up, so I know this will too. Glad you started the thread early.

Debbie

Debbie, I think you musta been over on the Thanksgiving Live board when I was asking about the transfers... I'm definitely doing it next time... too much $$$ and too much hassle!! We do have to all get passports this time... I'm thinking about getting one every 4 months :rotfl2: another big expense!

sherri

cody'smom
12-09-2005, 04:46 PM
sherri -- i picked April as it was first most the furthest date out available to book -- we have other things to do you know :) and secondly after our first VERY ROCKY night, i was talking with my pedicurist on Monday and asked her the best month to cruise for smooth seas (she's been onboard 4 1/2 years) and she said April or May. I swear I laid in bed that first night and thought I will NEVER book another cruise -- well, I did -- so that says it all.

I thought the exact same thing that first night as I thought I would roll off the bed in my sleep!!!! Pam

pppiglet
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I would love to experience that kind of weather just once. I think it would be funny! Maybe not if I got sick though.

Scorpio1112
01-06-2006, 11:18 PM
OK this needs a definite bump AND SOME ACTION.... hello???? there must be some other peeps perusing this board who are in on this cruise!!!

pppiglet
01-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Guess it's still just us! Maybe they are all waiting to see the rest of 2007 dates to see what the new itinerary is.
Hey I see you're an Eagles fan. We just got back from a Sawyer Brown concert and in the middle of it the younger guys did some Eagle/Joe Walsh songs and were great! Disregard this if it's a sports team your a fan of!

alikat99
01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, it looks like we are going to book this cruise for my DHs 40th birthday (4/22) and my youngest DDs 3rd birthday (4/28). We currently have a cruise booked for 5/06, that we booked onboard last year, but we're going to move that cruise to this one!

The cast of characters for this one will be myself (37), DH (40), DD (5) and DD (3) - all ages at time of cruise. This will be our 2nd Western cruise on the Magic. We took our oldest DD when she was 2.

Can't wait to plan this cruise, but for now, we have 2 more planned. One in 12 days, and one in Oct (both 4 nighters on the Wonder).

Scorpio1112
02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah yeah yeah!!! Someone else has joined us!! Welcome alikat99 and family. Wow 2 cruises before we go that sounds GREAT! Hopefully as we get down to the 1 year out mark we will have more cruisers in our group!

caniac27
02-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Returned from 7 night Eastern on 1/28. In serious cruise withdrawal tonight, but thought I would jump in and say hello as we booked onboard for 4/21/07 Western. four hundred and some odd days according to my widget...small consolation, we are going to Palm Springs for a week in April, and might get a day at Disneyland (Easter week, probably not a great idea, but it's Disney, right?!) :cheer2:

Back to 4/21/07 - we're hoping for better weather and smoother seas than last week. It was pretty rough, and very cool at Castaway Cay. Attendees for this voyage are myself, DH and DD who will be 5 (and possibly DS, who will be 19, depends on college schedule).

pppiglet
02-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi to the newcomers! Time flies....it will be here before you know it. I haven't made any plans yet for this cruise or researched the ports. We have a Carnival cruise next week and then I need to stay off the message boards and clean my house for awhile! Then I have to get back on and plan. We have never made air arrangements before, so that's a whole new research area for me. How far out should I get my air flights taken care of? I haven't even flown for at least 20yrs! (and someone else made the arrangements) Looks like we will be flying from LAX to MCO and staying at the Hyatt the night before. My DH wants to rent a car. I thought he might want to do the transfers, oh well.....

alikat99
02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, we officially booked this cruise while on the Valentine's Day Wonder cruise. I know that it's a long time off, but luckily we have the DVC member cruise in October to tide us over until next April.

pppiglet
03-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry guys and gals....I am switching to May 5,2007 Magic. They just added it and that's the week I really wanted! You're all welcome to switch over with me!

curlybop
03-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I just booked ours. We've never cruised before. DD will turn 5 on 4/24/07, so it's going to be an extra special birthday for her! We're celebrating 10 years of marriage on 8/24/06, and thought this will be our gift to each other, though we have to wait a while.

I'm excited. Nervous. Scared. LOL!!! Have to renew DH's passport, and get one for DD & I. I think I'm going to go ahead & do that now, since I've heard there is always a rush at year end.

DH and DD don't know yet. DH & I have talked about it a lot, and he said he wanted to go, but was always hesitant on the cost. But I figured I'd do it now, before prices went up even more. I chose a category 6 cabin w/ verndah. Just did the down payment, now I think I'll start a master list of things to buy, and things that need to be done before we leave. Yes, I know.....it's 13 months away......but I'm just crazy like that. I have to have lists & know what needs to be done when. :)

alikat99
03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh, you're just going to LOVE it!!!!

My DH will be turning 40 on 4/22/07, and my youngest will be turning 3 on 4/28/07. So, it's a dual birthday celebration for both of them. My oldest will be 5 this October, so I'm sure that they will be in the club together. I can't seem to get Emily out of the clubs, so I'm hoping that my youngest likes it too.

curlybop
03-09-2006, 01:37 PM
How neat! My daughter's name is also Emily. :) I'm hoping she'll like the clubs. She has been going to daycare since she was 2, so she's used to being around other kids......just don't know how she'll react with a bunch of kids she doesn't know. But she's all about princess. She told me the other day her name was now Cinderella, and wouldn't answer to anything else! :rotfl:

I'm so excited.....planning this trip is going to be so much fun!

alikat99
03-09-2006, 02:38 PM
How neat! My daughter's name is also Emily. :) I'm hoping she'll like the clubs. She has been going to daycare since she was 2, so she's used to being around other kids......just don't know how she'll react with a bunch of kids she doesn't know. But she's all about princess. She told me the other day her name was now Cinderella, and wouldn't answer to anything else! :rotfl:

I'm so excited.....planning this trip is going to be so much fun!
OMG, that is TOO funny! Well, maybe Emily and Emily will get along and enjoy the clubs together. Emily has been going to preschool since she was almost 3, so she's very familiar with that kind of atmosphere. It took her all of about 10 minutes to become familiar with the clubs. So much so, that we had to drag her out of there every time. We were just on the Wonder last month, and last Sept. We have another 4-night in Oct, then this one next April. So, she's becoming very familiar with the CMs on the Wonder, but this will be her first time at the clubs on the Magic. She went on the Magic once when she was 2, so she only went into Flounder's.

I'm sure that you'll have a blast planning, and ask any questions that you want. I'm sure everyone around here will help with the answers.

luvmykids
03-09-2006, 07:49 PM
My family will be sailing on the cruise 4/21/07 too!!! We are so excited. It will be me, DH, DS age 6 and DS age 10 (ages at time of cruise). We sailed on the wonder last year and are really looking forward to a 7 night cruise next year. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Scorpio1112
03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Welcome all! My DS will be 9 at time of cruise and my DD will be 11. I can't wait until we can say the One Year Countdown has begun!!! :cool1:

alikat99
03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: YIPPEE!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm so glad to see more people on this cruise! With all the talk of the Med cruises, I was worried that everyone would bail the Spring '07 cruises.

aquafamily
03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
First time disney cruisers Myself, DH and DD (9 at time of cruise). SO looking forward to this trip, reading all the threads for hints and tips!!!!

alikat99
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the group!! You're going to have SO much fun!!! Ask away if you have any questions!!!

luvmykids
03-20-2006, 12:04 PM
sorry we will not be cruising with you. I just changed our reservations to December 2 of this year. We got a rate from our travel agent for that cruise that was way too good to pass up but I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!!!

Dyerneeds
03-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Joining you in April 2007

My DH and I will be joining you. It looks like a small crowd on the boards thusfar, but we still have a long wait. I'm sure we'll have a lot more disers joining us.

We had a great time with the disers on our last cruise. We made some lasting friendships and are planning on cruising together again in the near future.

Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone.

alikat99
03-30-2006, 07:44 PM
YIPPEE!!! Add another DISer to the list! I know that it's a small group so far, but hopefully we'll fill up as it gets closer. I know that my DHs brother is going to book (or maybe already has). Also, my mom is a CM, and is hoping to book this cruise, but she has to wait until much closer to book if there is availability. Should be a great group around here!!!

Corryn
03-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Hello :goodvibes
We're coming - 14 Families with kids of all ages. My girls will be up in the teen club this cruise and they're really excited. I have to say one of the best part of my last trip was the Rainforest Spa. I totally enjoyed going there every single day and relaxing in the sauna's, then taking those wonderful Rose and Eucalyptus infused showers and lying on the heated tile lounge chair while taking a little cat nap and then getting ready to go to dinner........ I felt like a queen......
I cannot wait........
The last time I cruised I didn't meet up with any of the other Dis'ers, and I felt bad. This time I really want to meet up and see you Dis'ers face to face :bitelip:
I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpio1112
03-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome, welcome! Glad to have more people join us!! Almost to the 1-year count down!

alikat99
03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah!!! It's SO great to hear that more are going on the cruise with us!!!

Scorpio1112
03-31-2006, 01:11 PM
While it is nice, deep down inside I was hoping we'd have the boat to ourselves :rolleyes:

Just Kidding :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ohMom
04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
oh my! i thought i had subscribed to this thread to watch for new posts, since i hadn't seen any i just figured it wasn't chatty yet. oopies! i've missed out! I'll have to check my subscription options! :confused3

anyhow -- looks like i should :welcome: and then wave farewell :wave2: to those who came and went and then :welcome: :welcome: those who have booked and are still going! :thumbsup2

actually i had thought of our date this morning, I just did the Columbus 1/2 marathon this past weekend and in my head was pre-planning next year's events (there are some dis-WISH-ers that came this year) and thought - oh no! i think they are both the same day! so that brought me here to check my date -- yes, i couldn't remember exactly what our sailing date was even! thankfully the event next year is April 14 - so it's perfect! i'll be in 'recovery' phase after the 1/2 and can minimally exercise on the cruise without guilt :) of course i'm still trying to lose some extra pounds from the thanksgiving one followed by the holidays! :bitelip:

do you all want me to edit the first post with a running list of who will be cruising? PM me your family info if this is a good idea

i mentioned to my DDs (ages 9 and 13 now) that maybe we'd postpone a year and instead go to WDW in june -- they will hear NOTHING of the sort. that's my girls :mickeyjum

still working on my cruise scrapbook -- maybe i'll be inspired to post it too - someday when i have more time!

Dyerneeds
04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
hi ohmom. glad to see fellow ohio folks will be cruisn with us. we are from ne ohio and i have brothers in columbus and shelby . our dd goes to school in dayton studing to be a photographer. looking forward to saying only 1 year till the cruise!!

ohMom
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
dyerneeds of a cruise, right?

we live 20 mins outside of Columbus in a smallish town - Marysville

my folks live in Dayton, where does DD go to school? i graduated from Sinclair, DH from Wright State. when you say Shelby do you mean city or county? i graduated from sidney high school - shelby county. small world after all huh?

Dyerneeds
04-08-2006, 10:19 PM
dyerneeds of a cruise, right?

we live 20 mins outside of Columbus in a smallish town - Marysville

my folks live in Dayton, where does DD go to school? i graduated from Sinclair, DH from Wright State. when you say Shelby do you mean city or county? i graduated from sidney high school - shelby county. small world after all huh?

dyerneed of a cruise is right. I also say dyerneed of a disney fix.

I know where Marysville is. Our DD goes to Ohio Institute of Photography. Our niece graduated from Wright State. My brother actually used to live in the town of Shelby, outside of Mansfield, but now lives in the town of Gallion.
Another brother lives in Johnstown, NE of Columbus.

Oh yeah, definately small world.

curlybop
04-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Just popping in to see if anyone else has joined us. :teeth: Just a bit over one year. Yay!

This week DH has been talking of heading to FL, to do things outside the parks like the space ctr, Sea World, etc. He REALLY wants to go......but I keep making excuses about how expensive it is, etc., :rolleyes1 how we should just save our money for a while, my work schedule & his probably won't allow much time, etc. Now I've gotta keep this up for a few more months until I tell him I've already spent the vacation money on a cruise!

ohMom
04-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy Easter everyone!! when is Easter next year?? just think we'll be just shy of our cruise next Easter :banana:

corryn -- oh i so LOVE the rainforest room and i'll meet you at 4:30 or so every night at the bar at the adult pool (the name escapes me) and we'll pick up our drink of the day and head into the rainforest room. I never once showered in the stateroom our last cruise, the spa for me every night. and it was so nice to get back to the room to find the fam showered and putting on the finishing touches for dinner. 14 families - WOW! my DD Taylor will be 14 on this cruise and she's looking forward to some late night Stack time.

curlybop/Amanda -- :worship: you are the queen of secrets! i would never be able to keep a secret like this! especially after DH starts talking about a trip to FL! :lmao: we did keep our first trip to WDW a secret from our DDs for awhile until it was closer to time of going, i send them on a treasure hunt throughout the house and the end clue revealed the trip, it was fun, good clean cheesy fun :teeth:

my oldest DD, Taylor, is already talking of a dolphin swim -- we had given her one for her b-day b4 our last cruise and then Hurricane Wilma took it away from her. i believe i have her birthday shopping done :smokin:

i had on my CC t-shirt friday and an older gentleman came up to me at a local coffee shop and said "i was just there a couple weeks ago" well laa dee da-- i'll be there in just over 365 days. LOL

Cavecats
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow....I can't believe I'm already thinking about my next cruise...and it's only 1 year away...lol

Dyer...we were on that Wilma cruise...we wanted to go WEST!!! So my DM and I have booked this cruise CUZ there ain't suppose to be hurricanes in April.

Glad to see there is a place for me to check on from time to time in the next year.

Dyerneeds
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Dyer...we were on that Wilma cruise...we wanted to go WEST!!! So my DM and I have booked this cruise CUZ there ain't supposed to be hurricanes in MAY.

Cavecats...

we thought the same thing about the hurricanes... We actually considered Oct. this year, but decided against it. With our luck, it would happen again. We really wanted to go west too, but we hadn't been to St. Maarten. We were scheduled to go parasailing on CC, along with Cass & Rob, but it was too windy. So they cancelled us. Rather disappointing.
I can't complain. It was still a great trip.

We'll have to make sure we meet this time.

Dyerneeds
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
ohmom

Happy Easter to you, too.

gotta love this warm Ohio April weather, huh?
We're not used to this.

Hey everyone...

1 YEAR FROM FRIDAY

Corryn
04-19-2006, 11:42 PM
1 YEAR FROM FRIDAY
:banana: :woohoo: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :woohoo: :banana:

strega7
04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Hello, a year from today!!!! :thumbsup2 I will be joining you guys. I am soooooooo excited. We cruised in jan, and were stupid and didn't book onboard. We didn't think we would cruise again for several years, but we had post cruise blues so bad we had to book again. I also talked my parents into going with us again (wasn't too hard to do). See you all in a year!

ohMom
04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
hey it is one year today! no wonder it thought to check in here! off to go remind my kids!! i have been saying things like "no we aren't going to mcdonald's we are saving for a cruise' and they reply "MOM :rolleyes: that's more than a year away"

funny how we saved for about 18 mos for our first 7 day! now it's old hat huh? not for me! one year away! :woohoo:

curlybop
04-23-2006, 07:30 PM
:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

This weekend I was just thinking..."next year at this time...." I'm so glad to see I wasn't alone with those thoughts! :teeth: I've done well, still haven't told DH yet. I think Father's Day would be a great time though. I can't wait much longer!!

Dyerneeds
04-24-2006, 05:13 PM
robin usually responds to these but i thought id give it a try. from a guys point of view, the cruise surprise on fathers day would be a great gift. for our 30th anniv last oct we did the 7 day western diverted to eastern because of wilma. i had made the reservation the previous december and didnt tell DW until june. i kept it a secret for over 6 months. figured i better tell her so she could arrange for the time off. cant wait to have stawberry smoothies on the deck while soaking up sun.!!

alikat99
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone! Boy, it's been a while since I've been here.

Can you believe it? One year from now, we'll be on our MAGICal vacations. We just got finished celebrating my DHs 39th birthday on the 22nd, so we'll be celebrating his 40th next year on the Magic!! Plus, my youngest DDs birthday is this Friday, so she'll turn 3 on the day we disembark.

I don't know if I can wait a whole year!!!!

jsnare
05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

My husband (is this what DH means?) and I just booked the April 21st Western. Neither of us has been on a cruise before. We've done Magic Kingdom with our kids for a few years and thought we'd do something a little different.

Kids will be 4-boy and 6-girl. We looked at the port excursions and figure we'll stay on boat except for Castaway Cay. Looks like many of the things to book don't work for kids under 5.

We're talking with travel agent about anything we need to book in advance. Right now, sounds like a Palo night and some rafts.

Tips?

Thanks,
Jodi

alikat99
05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Jodi - welcome to the group. You are right that DH means dear (or in our case Disney) husband. Anyway, when we sail, our 2 DDs will be 5 and 3. When we sailed the Western in the past, in Grand Cayman, we booked the Stingray City tour directly with Capt Marvins, and they allow under 5 yr olds. We plan on doing that again!! Our oldest DD, who was 2 at the time, just loved swimming with the stingrays.

curlybop
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Just checking in again......... :teeth: I see we have a few more joining us.

For our excursions, DH will probably want to parasail. Thought about stingrays too, we'll probably book ourselves. Other than that, I haven't planned much more....so any suggestions from experienced cruisers would be great. Our DD will turn 5 on the cruise, so it's got to be age appropriate.

Now, as for me, I'm about to BUST to keep from telling DH about the cruise. I think I can hold out another month until Father's Day.....but I tell you, it is difficult to smuggle things in the house & hide them w/out him knowing. Just small things, like a shirt, or hat or something w/ Disney on it. I hope he doesn't plan on opening up our suitcase anytime soon, or it will be heavier than he expects!

I received our Passporter a couple of weeks ago, and after DD was in bed, I would read it. DH looked at me sort of weird, but I said "In case we ever cruise, I want to know what to expect" Little does he know. :rolleyes1

ScouterJT
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
We'll be there -- my two DS's (16, 13 at that time) can't wait (neither can their parents) -- really enjoyed the 3-night Wonder, so booked the 7-night as soon as we could on board.

Corryn
05-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Just stopping in to say "hello"! I see someone else has joined us! :goodvibes
ScouterJ - My daughters will be 13 & 14 when we cruise - I'm sure they'll be hanging out in the teen club together. My now 12 year old wanted to find someone to talk to on the DIS about the cruise. I told her to start her own thread, but she said that she tried and no one responded.
If your son's wanna talk beforehand about the cruise, she would love to tell them what she knows. She's my sporty girl and gets along well with boys (she likes skateboarding, stuff like that). My other daughter is my girlygirl. She's a little more reserved....
CurleyBop - J u s ttttt h ooooo l d o o o nnnnnn! You can do it!!!!
We are definitely doing the Xcaret tour down in Cozumel. My dad said it was AWESOME and two of my students went and they said Amen to that!
We're going to do it through DCL this way if we (the tender) run late, the ship won't leave without us!
We're also going to do the EcoTour on CC. That'll be our second time. It was just amazing, really amazing! :love:
As for Key West (Cayo Hueso) we went there for our honeymoon. There are a TON of art galleries, places to buy paintings. There are an awful lot of starving artists down there! I wanna get a really nice painting for my tropical bedroom. They also have jet boat tours down there that take you through the mangrove which are also amazing.
I Can't Wait!!!!!!! :cheer2:

ScouterJT
05-12-2006, 08:11 PM
does Western have "teens only" excursions?

My older son (at 15) enjoyed Wild Side on CC -- but he didn't get off the ship at Nassau because "there was nothing to do" (of course, that meant he got to sleep in that morning, which was not a complaint)

Scorpio1112
05-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Hello All And Welcome Everyone who has joined in recently :Pinkbounc

Just as a recap (in case you don't feel like reading back (yeah right)... this will be our 2nd DIS cruise, the first being the Turkey Day Cruise of 2005 (before which and at which I corresponded with and met OhMom --- we shared some exciting and funny formal wear chats -- and some other funny chats)

My DH and I will be with our (at time of cruise) DS9 and DD11 and no this is not our spring break :rolleyes1 so it'll be interesting to say the least! I'm glad to see that there will be other "older" kids possibly playing hookie!!! :goodvibes

We loved our first cruise as it was our first ever cruise BUT we did not do ANY of the planned ports (besides our dd to cc) rather than Grand Cayman and Cozumel we got Costa Maya period (woo hoo :rolleyes: ) we did tour the ruins and it was great and our kids loved it BUT it was the best day of the entire week and I woulda rather spent it on the beach than in the jungle (with an extremely weird side adventure).

Can't wait to see who else joins in on the fun!!! Just to get started with some additional chatter.. this time we booked 2 rooms (we couldn't believe how long our "getting ready" time was with 1 bathroom) and actually it cost less than us all being in 1 (with the booking onboard credits in our favor)... we will be on Deck 7 with a cat 5 and cat 11 --- anyone else on 7???

ohMom
05-17-2006, 06:49 PM
:wave: fellow cruising friends!

:welcome: to any and all who are joining us --

i was watching rachael ray and she was at Key West and I thought "hmmmm......i'm going to KEY WEST!"

i'll recap like Sherri, it's hard for me to keep track of everyone

my crew is DH (Preston) myself (Molli) and DDs at cruise time age 14 1/2 (Taylor) and 10 (Paige). Taylor loved the Stack on our last cruise. Our first cruise was a 4 day Wonder back in 2003, our 2nd was 2005 Thanksgiving week that Sherri was on :yay: I too felt a bit bummed that we missed at the 'normal' ports (GC and Coz) thought the double dip to CC was fantastic! we are looking forward to seeing new ports next April :thumbsup2

Last year we booked the royal dolphin swim for Taylor for her 13th birthday (in August) and then it was cancelled, she has asked for a repeat this time. DH and Taylor did the stingray swim at CC and enjoyed it. Paige and I parasailed and loved it, thought it's pricey.

sherri -- it's nice not to have to think about formal clothes as obsessively huh. and you know looking back i could've cared LESS what myself or anyone had on b/c we were on vacation!

as for getting ready in the stateroom -- well i'll be in the Rainforest Room :cloud9: relaxing if anyone cares to join me there. worked out well last year, i showered up there and by the time i got back to our stateroom the three of them were all showered and dressed. :smokin:

we are winding down the school year here -- it's been very rainy and i have TONS of yardwork awaiting me. bleh! but i'm ready to enjoy a summer. my oldest daughter shows her dog in AKC and has been busy lately with that, Paige is preparing for her dance recital. we are also planning a kitchen remodel. hey sherri didn't you just do that? any words of wisdome besides "Bob Evans" :rotfl:

i have a few mins i'll try to upload some pics to intro the fam :badpc:

Scorpio1112
05-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Hey... let's get this thread rolling!!! :thumbsup2

OhMom... I totally agree about the formal wear thing! At least I know what I'm wearing this time (remember we talked about not having to buy again LOL)... as for the kitchen :rolleyes: you really aren't going to believe this BUT my backsplash is still HardyBacker? or whatever the stuff is that gets you ready to tile... we have the 2 small boxes of $400 :rolleyes1 tile... but I think DH is scared to start it because it cost so much and he never did it before.. Yikes!!!! The floor... Ha Ha... never even started BUT we just had a ton of windows put in and got resided (DH didn't do this (wanted to but I knew it'd be a 3 year project))... this is our second house together and we totally put tons of sweat and love into the first one to restore a handyman estate tudor back to its original shine... problem was it was in a poopy school district and then well you know, kiddos happen!!!

On the side, I booked an RCI for April '08 ????? no flight involved as it is out of Jersey and it is actually on spring break...

To all... is this your spring break week (i know so far we have a lot of pre-schoolers) just curious!!

We got to get chatting!! Less than a Year!!! :cheer2: :banana:

Sherri :wave2:

Corryn
05-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Hello,
No, this isn't our spring break here on Long Island. We have our break the two weeks before our cruise. The kids are excited because they have their break, then they go to school for three days, and then we go on the cruise. So they're psyched about all the time off. :thumbsup2

alikat99
05-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey everyone!! With one year to go, we need to get chatting!!!

Anyway, I'll reintroduce my cast of characters. It will be myself, my DH Chris, my oldest DD Emily and youngest DD Madison. We will be celebrating my DHs 40th birthday on the 2nd night of our cruise, and my youngest DDs 3rd birthday on the day that we disembark.

We've been on one 7-night cruise in 2003, which was a Western, and we had a blast. I would HIGHLY recommend Capt Marvin's for anyone wanting to do the Stingray City tour!!! Then, we've been on the 4-night DVC member cruise last September, and a 4-night cruise this past February over Valentine's Day (last minute FL resident rate). And, we're scheduled on the DVC member cruise this October as well!!! So, we're ready to go back on to the Magic!!!

Scorpio1112
05-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Good Evening All! :thumbsup2

One thing I was totally disappointed with on our last (but first) cruise was that we did not get to hit Grand Cayman! (weather weather weather :( )

A bunch of DISers had ganged together for a private charter and I would be so up for that if anyone is interested... I know it is way way away but just thought I'd put it out there for now...

here is a blurb from one of the e-mails we had going at the time:

I have reserved a boat to accommodate your party of 25-50 on our
November 22, private charter, "Rays, Reef, and Rum Point" excursion...

The tour departs the pier between 8:30 AM - 9 AM Eastern Time. It
completes at around 3 PM Eastern Time. We ask that you check in no later
than 8:15 AM Eastern Time. When you come ashore, look for the person
carrying the sign that says Native Way Watersports. You may also ask for us
at the information booth at the cruise ship terminal.

We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the Rays,
and complimentary punch and bottled water. At Rum Point, you will be
provided with a nice grilled lunch.

This was with Native Way... I'd have to really dig to get all the info ... from the pics i saw Rum Point is gorgeous and not that crowded since it is a distance .. (from what I remember when I checked it out last year)...

It was very inexpensive (i can get that info) compared to the other things that were going on... I think the Capt Marvin's Alikat spoke of in the previous post might be Grand Cayman also but not sure...

Think on it!! Hoping our group increases by the day... I'll wait to hear :listen: from ya all!

sherri

alikat99
05-21-2006, 08:39 PM
You're right, Sherri! Capt Marvins is in Grand Cayman. We also did a "charter" with a large DIS group. We had a blast, because we knew everyone from the DIS ahead of time, so the excursion was the best!

curlybop
05-26-2006, 03:55 PM
:teeth: Just checking in again. Lately I've been reading my new Passporter after the kiddo is in bed. Last night DH says "Wow, you're really in to that book huh?" I just smiled, and told him it was good reading. I've done well not telling him about the cruise.

Today I booked a hotel for the Friday night before we cruise. Yay! Can't get any rates for airfare though, since the return date is still more than 330 days away. I just want an idea of how expensive it may get. I'm thinking I'll go ahead & book now, since prices may go up, especially if hurricanes hit again, and fuel costs rise even more........ :confused3 So, I'm just patiently waiting. I'll try again mid June & see what types of quotes I get.

I think I'm even more excited now that we have less than a year to go. Walking through our mall yesterday, I was browsing at some tropical wear they had on clearance....and smiling, thinking of the cruise.

I'd love to hear more from those who've cruised before, about excursions you've booked yourself or with other Dis members. Our DD will turn 5 on the cruise, so especially anything she can join us on and have a good time too. princess:

Corryn
05-28-2006, 08:32 AM
:teeth:
I think I'm even more excited now that we have less than a year to go. Walking through our mall yesterday, I was browsing at some tropical wear they had on clearance....and smiling, thinking of the cruise.
princess:

A hint: When you see something and you think, that would look great on me while on the cruise, snap it up (if you got the cashola) because you might not find it later!
On our last cruise, if I saw something a year or a few months before the cruise, a shirt for one of my two daughters, my husband or myself, I picked it up.
My daughters were shopping for a dress for their friend's BatMitzvah and I saw something tropical and I said to my husband, that would look great on the cruise, he said, you better get it now because you won't find it later, so I did. Pretty sandals? Get'em now.

Also, if you do a little shopping here and there it's not gonna kill ya later on!

We cruised on the Wonder last April and this is our first seven day cruise. The four day cruise was a little easier when it came down to clothing because there weren't any formal nights. Now with the BatMitzvah dresses that my girls purchased (well, I did!) that knocks out one formal night on the cruise. My other daughter has an Easter dress I know will fit her, so that's two dresses for Tori. Kyra needs another.

As for our last cruise at dinner time, I know some people like to go overboard, but I made it a point to look around and see what everyone else was wearing: Sundresses, capri's for ladies, nice shirts and slacks for men. Nothing crazy. But I hear most people get dressed dressed for formal night, so now we're set for that.

BTW: You guys asked, so I'm tellin:
Grand Cayman - we're going to do the excursion where you go out to the sand bar and feed the sting rays. My FIL did it and he said it is a MUST!

Cozumel - My family and our best friends' are going to do XCaret (through DCL so the ship won't leave without us), which is an hour ride away from the ship. My father did it, two of my students did it and they all said the same thing - One of the best things they have ever done in their lives - Paradise. So now I've got to convince my SIL and her friends.

CC: We did the Eco-Tour (jetski) last cruise and we're gonna do it again. It was so much fun!

Key West - Not Sure. On our honeymoon we rented jetboats and did a tour through the mangrove. I have to do more research and see if it's still offered.

And of course, Tropical Rain Forest every afternoon before dinner :cloud9:

tiggersister2
05-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi -- Well, I just returned from the Eastern Caribbean cruise on May 6th and while onboard booked this cruise. I had originally wanted to do the western before but after the hurricanes I wasn't sure how the ports would be so I changed to the eastern and had a blast. I went with my sister and had a great time. DH and I went in the fall of 05 on the 4 day on the Wonder and it was horrible weather so he didn't want to go again. I told him I had a wonderful time on the 7 day (despite some rocky wave times) and so I haven't mentioned I booked this one. I'm going to keep it and make a final decision in the fall. On the last cruise I got on the Dis boards a week before the cruise and met a few people but felt a little left out because I was so late getting involved. It turned out tho that our dinner companions were all Disers and I did meet some others during the trip. So - I figured I'd start getting involved and if it happens we don't go then nothing will be lost.
I'm hoping the weather will be good. The first week in May was perfect but they said it had been cloudy and rainy before that so that worried me but I'm sure it's different each year.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi for now.

Dyerneeds
05-29-2006, 08:19 AM
hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. we are planning on parasailing on castaway key. tried on oct cruise but was too windy. rest of the trip undecided. snorkeling for sure. if anyone needs a disney fix we suggest www.cassworld.ca thats timon from dis boards. shes got great videos and pics from cruises. they were on our oct cruise and are great people.

alikat99
05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the group! I'm sure that this group will pick up even more as we get closer to the cruise.

I'm not sure what our plans will be for Castaway Cay on this trip. We're going on the DVC member cruise in October and it has 2 stops at CC. I know that DH wants to parasail, and I'm hoping to take my oldest to visit the stingrays on our trip in October. So, if either of those gets cancelled for whatever reason, I'm sure that they will be scheduled for this trip.

As for Grand Cayman, we will definitely be booking a Stingray City snorkeling trip with Capt. Marvins. We used them in the past, and they are a top-notch operation. Plus, they will allow children under 5 to go, so both my girls will be able to go.

On Cozumel, I'm not sure what we'll do. In 2003, we took our oldest (who was 2 at the time) on the DCL beach break excursion. It was fun, but we might try something different this time. Most of the excursions in Cozumel are for older kids, so we might just try to go to one of the closer beaches for the day.

We've been to Key West a couple of times with DCL. On one trip, we did the SouthernMost Scavenger Hunt with a bunch of DISers. It was quite fun. Most of us rented the electric cars and had a blast with all the clues. The most recent trip to Key West, the kids didn't want to go off the ship, so we left them there for a couple of hours and rented an electric car and just wandered around town. We visited the lighthouse (great views of the ship from up there), the Southernmost Point, got key lime pie and did a little shopping. This time, if we can get the girls off the ship, we're thinking about taking them to the Butterfly Museum and maybe the aquarium too.

I really haven't made too many plans for this one yet, because my mom is a CM and is hoping to go on this cruise too. But, in order to get the CM rates, she has to wait until almost the last minute to book. Plus, we have some other family that might book too.

Poccio
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone!
We will be joining you also. (I hope we can save enough by then!) We were on this same cruise this year (4/22/06 Western) and booked again on board for the same time next year. The weather was phenominal and the seas were incredibly calm, almost like glass.
I can tell you that Cozumel was pretty beat up from the hurricane that sat over it for 3 days, I think it was Wilma. We went to Paradise Beach there and our son had a blast.
In Grand Cayman we did swim with the sting rays, it was very kid friendly. I would recommend this as well. So many sting rays!! I celebrated my 40th this day too!

Let's hope for a repeat next year with those calm seas!!
Oh btw- its me, DH and DS

alikat99
06-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey everyone!
We will be joining you also. (I hope we can save enough by then!) We were on this same cruise this year (4/22/06 Western) and booked again on board for the same time next year. The weather was phenominal and the seas were incredibly calm, almost like glass.
I can tell you that Cozumel was pretty beat up from the hurricane that sat over it for 3 days, I think it was Wilma. We went to Paradise Beach there and our son had a blast.
In Grand Cayman we did swim with the sting rays, it was very kid friendly. I would recommend this as well. So many sting rays!! I celebrated my 40th this day too!

Let's hope for a repeat next year with those calm seas!!
Oh btw- its me, DH and DS
Welcome to the group! I'm glad to hear that the weather was nice! We can't wait to go on a 7-night again!!

I see that you're from Aurora, I grew up in Elgin. I still have quite a bit of family in the area!!!

Corryn
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Hello,
What is the SouthernMost Scavenger Hunt?
Where do you rent the electric cars and how much are they?

alikat99
06-11-2006, 01:47 PM
What is the SouthernMost Scavenger Hunt?
Read about it here: http://www.keywesthunt.com/index.htm
Where do you rent the electric cars and how much are they?
Read about them here: http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/r/troprent/prod03.htm
or when you get off the ship, just start walking towards the street and you'll find lots of different people renting them. They are adorable.

curlybop
06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I love those cars! How cute are they? :love:

DISers are the only ones who would understand the excitement I have about cruising! I still haven't told DH yet. It's all I can do not to. I was thinking Father's Day surprise, but now, I'm wondering if I can keep it to myself until his birthday, next Feb. which will be 2 months before. Yes, I love torturing myself. :rotfl: But that way, it will be so close, and it will be more real for him too.

A couple of weeks ago, he actually called a travel agent, and I got their voice mail at home. I asked him what he was calling them for, and he says "to check on cruises, since I know you'd love it so much. Plus I wanted something special for our anniversary." Awwwww..... :cloud9: Anyway, after pulling up Disney's site, showing him prices for this year, I talked him out of it. Oh little does he know. :rolleyes1

So, for those who have booked, which category did you choose? We're in category 6, with a verandah. I figure that will be good down time for us, after DD has gone to sleep. I get relaxed just thinking about it!

alikat99
06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm SO excited for you, Amanda!!! I don't know how you can keep that kind of secret, but I sure hope that you can hold out!!!

We're cruising in a secret porthole room. That's one of our new favorites. We had first cruised in a cat 6, but really never used the verandah. Our next cruise we ended up with a SPH and we loved it! Can't beat the window for an inside price. The next one we cruised in a regular cat 10, and it wasn't bad at all. It did force us to get up, dressed and out to explore. But, for my next 2 cruises, we're back in SPH rooms. Plus, you can't beat the location and proximity to the clubs for the kids.

Dyerneeds
06-13-2006, 07:03 PM
we are booked inside stateroom on deck 7. we had a porthole on our first cruise and it was nice but we felt we were never in the cabin that much (always running). so why pay extra. so on our last 2 cruises we went for inside cabin and use the extra money saved to BUY MORE STUFF.

Corryn
06-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes, we did the same thing. We were on Deck 6 last year and we've booked Deck 6 again, Catagory 11. I was apprehensive about not having a window, but to sleep in absolute darkness was wonderful! Like the other posters, we were in and out of our room. Last year we traveled with a large group of friends, and next year we will be, too. So instead of hanging out on a verandah where only a few people can fit, we'll use Deck 10 to hang out on. And yes, I've gotta save that extra money for BINGO!!! Hey, Sherri !!!!

Scorpio1112
06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok.. I see my name :goodvibes I'm here... Not sure if it is directly tied to the word Bingo or if I'm just feeling guilty about seeing my name so close and thinking about the $ I lost last cruise :rotfl2: Not sure if I fessed up to our bingo-ing but yes just don't let me get started.. and I swear it wasn't my fault, it was they day we drove by Grand Cayman and the Capt. said... sorry we ain't goin' ... now what was a girl to do? all the plans down the crapper and a whole big dreary rocky everyone a hurling day ahead!!! :rotfl2:

We are on Deck 5 in Cat 7 with a Cat 11 across the hall... we are heading to Riviera Maya in a few weeks but once I'm back, all focus will be on the impending Dis Cruise... I'm surprised that we don't have more folks yakking yet!!

Sherri :wave2:

ScouterJT
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

Looking forward to this cruise -- we booked this one onboard our cruise Apr 2006.

Wondering what kind of activities will be "good" for DS13 and DS16 (at time of cruise)

B&B Mom
06-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Hello Fellow Cruisers!!!
I'm so glad that I found this thread.

My family is also booked for April 21, 2007 and we are newbies to cruisin. This is my gang...DW(self), DH, DD11,and DS9(at cruise time).

We don't have anything planned yet, but still pouring over all the options.

Glad to meet everyone!

Scorpio1112
06-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey B&B Mom!

My family sounds much like yours! My DD will be 11 and my DS will be 9!!!!

:thumbsup2

You will absolutely love it!

Welcome Welcome Welcome :cheer2:

Now I'm having a slight problem w/airfare... anyone else??? I usually book right when it comes out but it is SKY HIGH (pun intended).... I hope I don't have to move it because of air but no way i'm paying over $2k to fly 2 hours!!!!

Sherri

curlybop
06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Welcome B&B Mom!

As for airfare, ummmm, yes. I'm having serious issue with it. It will take about 1.5 hours for us to fly to Orlando, if it's non-stop. I keep using Kayak, then other sites too for comparison, and most are near $300 each person. I priced it this year, at the same time frame, and it was around $170 each for our nearby airports, and a bit cheaper for Southwest, but we have to drive 2 hours to that airport. But SW rates aren't published yet, so I may be able to snag a Ding fare, and just drive that far. If it meant I'd save a few hundred dollars, I'd do it. I'm still waiting it out. I know what all the rates were this past April, so I'm hoping for the best as time goes on. :confused3 I might regret it though. Who knows??

My ideal plan would be fly out early on Friday morning, leaving most of the day open to have fun in Florida. DH has always wanted to visit the space center, so we might just hit the highlights or go to Downtown Disney. Maybe I just need my own airplane............ :rotfl:

mickeyclark
06-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Myself, DH and DS (age 7) are looking forward to our first cruise. We are staying in a cat 6 cabin on deck 6.

I have seen mentioned joining together for a Capt Marvin's or Bryan's trip to Stingray City, etc. We would be up for something like that. I think we are tendering in Grand Cayman, so I am concerned about paying for the trip and then not being able to take advantage of it. Your thoughts?

Look forward to getting to know you better :yay:

curlybop
06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the group! :cool1:

alikat99
06-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Myself, DH and DS (age 7) are looking forward to our first cruise. We are staying in a cat 6 cabin on deck 6.

I have seen mentioned joining together for a Capt Marvin's or Bryan's trip to Stingray City, etc. We would be up for something like that. I think we are tendering in Grand Cayman, so I am concerned about paying for the trip and then not being able to take advantage of it. Your thoughts?

Look forward to getting to know you better :yay:
I know that when we booked with Capt Marvins in 2003, we asked about not being able to tender. We were told that if the boats couldn't tender in, then we would get a refund. That made us feel a TON better about booking.

Dawn414
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone! Just read ALL the responses on 4/21. I set up a new one yesterday and was alerted (thanks ALIKAT) that one already existed. Must be losing it since I saw a ton of dates and Apr 21 wasn't one of them.

I really wanted to do the beginning of May (LOT cheaper), but we have a credit on Spirit Air that expires on 4/30 so alas, we're going 4/21 (which, ironically is the exact time I cruised (different line) 8 years ago (in my single days). The good news is that (at least based on current flight times), we'll get there around 9:30 that morning. We've already booked the DCL shuttle (the thought of someone else handling luggage for 4 of us ranks way up there). We're looking forward to getting there nice and early so we can truly take advantage of the first day on-board. So, anyway, here's my 'story'.

We had a friend that took a cruise out of NYC and it started me reminiscing about the cruise I took (forever ago) and how much fun I had. DH was apprehensive about it between cost and falling off the edge of the Earth which is something his mother ingrainedin his head (sigh). It took me 3 days to talk my husband into it and the promise that he didn't have to get me anything for Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc...He finally relented. And, so, here I am. My 'clan' is myself, My DH (who turns 40 on 3/30/07) and my boy/girl twins who turn 4 on 3/20/07. I actually celebrate my birthday the Saturday before we leave so it's kind of like a belated b-day present for me! :cool1: I've done a ton of research already (I'm really organized/anal) and am in a quandary over the excursions since (as someone already mentioned), there aren't a whole lot of things for kids under 5. We may end up leaving the kids in Oceaneers Club at least during one port so we can do something on our own. Not sure yet. I do have some questions though so if someone could help, it'd be great.

We're on Deck 2, category 9. I have an inclination toward sea sickness and found this deck worked out for me last time around. My travel agent confirmed the same thing. We're in an Outside Cabin (LOVE waking up in the morning and seeing what's happening, where we are). We're near the aft of the ship (2620, if memory serves). Still trying to get a little closer to the middle, but this isn't bad based on the passporter book so I'll probably just leave it.

I would also love to hear about anyone that has successfully gotten their mealtime changed from late sitting to early sitting and how they went about doing it. Kind of hard to believe I booked 11 months early and was placed in late seating, but I guess based on these posts they really do fill up quickly.

My parents (who live in So. FLA) may come down to KeyWest the day we're there to see us (since this cruise also means we won't make our yearly jaunt to see them). Any recommendations based on where we dock that they should stay the night before? I was stunned to see the # of hotels (and how expensive they are) in KW.

The Pirate night...do young kids actually go to that? I'm in a quandary there since I understand it actually starts quite late? We'll be in Orlando in September and I found that Downtown Disney had a lot of cool stuff for pirates, princesses, etc that I'd like to check out for this cruise.pirate:

Looking forward to speaking to all of you. I'd love to get my kids together with kids that would fall in the same Oceaneer Club class...they do great with other kids since they've been in Daycare since 6 months...

Thanks all...Look forward to 'chatting'!

Dawn

alikat99
06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Dawn - glad to see that you made it over here!!!

Let me see if I can help with some of your questions:

First, congrats on picking this cruise. I think that it will be fun. We'll actually be celebrating my DHs 40th birthday on the 2nd night of the cruise and my youngest DDs 3rd birthday the day we get off the cruise. So, Happy Birthday to you too!

We were successful in getting our late dining changed on our most recent trip in February. We had booked a FL resident rate at only a couple of weeks out, so the only thing left was late. Anyway, we happened to run into our head server from our previous cruise in Sept and mentioned that we needed to hurry and finish our lunch, because we had to go see if we could get our dining changed. Well, he took our info and did it himself. But, my understanding is that if you go immediately to the designated place for dining changes, upon boarding, you will have a good chance of getting changed. Plus, you might get lucky and get it changed before April anyway, as lots of people cancel as the dates get closer.

You should be fine on Deck 2. We're up on Deck 5 in a SPH room, but we were down on Deck 2 mid to aft in February and it was a great location. Only 1 or 2 floors up for the restaurants. And, a quick trip up the elevator to deck 9 drink station.

As for excursions, we're going to book with Capt Marvin's again for Grand Cayman. My 2yr old LOVED swimming with the stingrays back in 2003. And, they allow kids of all ages.

For the pirate party, mine have always gone. Sure, it's late at night, but they are wired anyway, so they love it. And, we're on vacation, so they are staying up late just about every night anyway.

And, my oldest DD will probably be in the next class up from your kids, since she'll be 5 1/2. But, if my youngest DD is potty trained (which she's very close to now), she'll be in the 3-4 age group. My oldest just LOVES the club, and we have to drag her out of there to eat, see the shows and to go to bed at night. And, when the cruise is over, all she talks about is when she can go back to the club.

Welcome to the group, and I hope that helped at least a little bit.

Corryn
06-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi Dawn :wave:
My SIL's best friend, Dawn, is also coming with us on the cruise, so at first I thought you were her, and how'd she hear about the DIS?
She has, I think, a 4 year old (girl) and I think an 8 year old (boy).
Once I saw the catagory, I knew you weren't her...We booked cat. 11. We have a really large group coming and we got a good deal...Not as good as our last cruise, but for a seven day, we'll take it!

The majority of the kids that are cruising with us will just be old enough for the teen club, so we know what they'll be doing the whole cruise.
I can't help you out with excursions, because I've never cruised with little ones. When we did our excursion, my BF stayed with her 5 year old, and they didn't do any sort of excursion.

Looking forward to the cruise, I really can't wait :)

curlybop
06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Welcome Dawn!

Amy, your DD looks so cute all dressed up (in your sig. line) I know if we ever get to Disney World, she'd love the Boutique too. :teeth: She's all about the Princess stuff.

alikat99
06-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Welcome Dawn!

Amy, your DD looks so cute all dressed up (in your sig. line) I know if we ever get to Disney World, she'd love the Boutique too. :teeth: She's all about the Princess stuff.
Thanks Amanda! It really is a lot of fun for the girls. We just did the Coach package with the makeup and hair, and they did a terrific job making her feel like a princess. I would HIGHLY recommend it for any princess!

Dawn414
07-03-2006, 07:42 PM
pirate: Everyone must be on vacation break! :) No posts in almost a week!

I have been spending a lot of time reading, reading and doing more reading. I'm going to have the DCL book and passporter info memorized by the time we go! Something I read made a recommendation that the best time to buy clothes is at the end of the season. Of course, it's a 'best guess' as to what size they'll be next year, but you just can't beat some of the prices. Anywho...onto the pirates. I found awesome pirate shirts for my son and husband. pirate: He loves the shirt and is excited now. Over a shirt. Who woulda thunk it? Even better news is that they can wear them more than once. Of course, I have no clue what my daughter and I will wear, but I'm hoping to find something great for us too when we go to Orlando in September. We're going to try Downtown Disney to see what we can come up with...should be interesting! We just got the DVD in the mail too and watched it. Now all my daughter talks about is Mickey's Pool.

Anywho...just checking in. Wasn't sure how often everyone got together and wrote.... Hope everyone has a happy 4th!

Corryn
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks Dawn :wave: Happy Fourth of July everybody - even though some may feel this is a horrible country with horrible leaders, always remember we have Freedom to do just about anything we would like to do - and that includes the right of our children to attend school every single day without having to fear terrorists bombing them & our right to go to work every day and make money so we can just hop on a plane and a cruise ship for our entertainment!!!!! :love:

curlybop
07-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Happy Fourth everyone!

We are just hanging around home during the holiday. Well, for today atleast. Next week we're off to Hershey, PA. Yum - chocolate! :teeth:

I've just begun snagging clip art for our door signs. Not sure what I want to do.... one for each day, or just a few for the entire week. Decisions, decisions..... I know I'll need one for DD's birthday though. It has to be all Princess, of course.

We went to a Disney show this weekend, it was Mickey's Magic Show. I loved it, and the entire time, I spent it wondering what the cruise shows would be like, and how we can actually take photos w/ the characters....when Cinderella came out during the show, DD said "Mama, I want to go on stage and give her a hug!" Little does she know, she may get that chance in 9 months or so. :goodvibes

Still haven't bought airfare yet. I've been watching though, and more airlines are starting to post rates. I'm really waiting for Southwest, if I could snag a cheap fair I'd be soooo thrilled.

Have a nice holiday everyone!

Corryn
07-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Hello CurlyBop...
Next to Disney, Hershey is my next favorite park :goodvibes
Have fun!
As for Southwest coming out with their airfare, you can count on it happening in the middle of December. When we went on our last cruise last April, SW airfare came out two weeks before Christmas :eek: :crazy2:
I've been watching this thread on the Transportation Board, when the SW fares come out, and there is a definite pattern. So I would start watching SW's website in late November, just in case.

We're going down for MNSSHP in October and we purchased our airfare as soon as it came out in May. I paid $99 going down (to Tampa, my FIL's condo) and we're returning to Long Island from Orlando and I paid $147 for that.
Well, I downloaded the SW Ding! and now I was able to change my flight/fare to $54 down and $99 return, so now I have something like $400 credit with SW :woohoo:
I'm really busy during the day, but I make it a point to check the Ding!'s every day, because it really does pay.

When the fares come out, I'll let everyone on this thread know :wave:

curlybop
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Our local rates are around $250 right now. I know I can do better. :rotfl: Plus those are the cheapest, with Delta, and we know their patterns........ :sad2:

Dyerneeds
07-05-2006, 09:45 AM
we are going down to wdw in oct also. will be at the halloween party. that will be our disney fix to hold us off till the cruise.
ONLY 3 months to wait ..
has anyone heard if cozumel and grand caymens have recovered from hurricane damage from last year yet. just wondered. we were supposed to go there on our cruise last oct but got diverted due to hurricane wilma.

alikat99
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow, we'll be over there in October too. We'll be at WDW on 10/21 just for one night. Then, we're heading on the DVC member cruise 10/22-10/26. Then, we'll be at BCV for 2 nights, going to MNSSHP on the 26th.

When's everyone else going to be there?

Corryn
07-05-2006, 11:34 PM
When's everyone else going to be there?
We're going down on 9/30, returning 10/8....MNSSHP Fri. 10/6!!!!!!
Gonna Busta Moof'n Git Doooowwwwnnnnnn!!!! :dancer:

Dawn414
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
My family and I will be in Orlando from 9/13-18...We'll hit the Disney marketplace, but probably not WDW...It's just not cost effective to do it for one day and we got a RIDICULOUSLY GREAT deal with the park that hosts Shrek & Jimmy Neutron (which the kids also love). Plus, since I'm a season pass holder at Sesame Place (owned by same company as SeaWorld), we get in to SW for NOTHING. Can't beat that, I'm afraid. So...we'll have to use Dis Mktplc for our Disney adventure. I am hoping to pick up a princess dress for my DD and some pirate garb for she and I too since I already got shirts for DH and DS. We shall see. Hope everyone is well....

Dawn McG

Corryn
07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey Dawn....If you're a season pass holder at Sesame Place, you can also use that for Sea World??? Wow!
How much for the SP Season Pass?
Just curious....
Thanks!

ohMom
07-08-2006, 10:52 AM
happy saturday all!

i popped in our cruise chat last night (hi alikat ;) ) and it reminded me of how very excited i get to cruise. i guess i have been not here as much as there has been some vague talk at my house about postponing our cruise a year. i doubt we will; it's come to close now to feel ok with postponing a year. when we booked it seemed so far in the future and now i can't believe it's 9 months! here's my reasons:

to postpone -- financially as we are remodeling our kitchen; DD will miss a BIG dog show as she did last cruise (bad mom!); airfare is outrageous; not rebooking so this will be our last DCL for quite a while to check off destinations on the 'vacations to do' list

to not postpone -- DDs only getting in higher grades and will be harder (this year they'll be in 4th and 9th); ummm........disney cruise! why postpone that! and of course a great group of DIS friends :teeth:

i have a solo trip with my mom planned Jan 07 for the WDW 1/2 marathon and then cruising in April. that is BIG disney for me! :lmao:

Dawn414
07-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I can figure out what 'cruise chat' is, but where is it and there are separate ones for each group of people/cruises? Would love to chat 'live' with everyone!

Dawn

alikat99
07-08-2006, 09:50 PM
I can figure out what 'cruise chat' is, but where is it and there are separate ones for each group of people/cruises? Would love to chat 'live' with everyone!

Dawn
Hi Dawn - there is no specific chat for different groups of people. Cruise Chat is on Friday nights at 9pm eastern time. Everyone just joins in to discuss anything cruise related. Now, sometimes, when there are enough people, you can get a group of people to break off into one of the other chat rooms (there is the main room, and rooms 2 & 3). I'm headed on the DVC member cruise in October, and sometimes several of us show up to chat and we go to one of the empty rooms to talk between us (since sometimes we tend to take over cruise chat with our banter).

I hope that helps, and if you're ever around on Friday nights, come join us. Typically, I'm there most Friday nights.

curlybop
07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Just checking in. :sunny:

We got back from Hershey this week, it was great. But of course, the entire time I was thinking that our next vacation will be a cruise. One of the highlights was on our way to Hershey, we stopped just to get out & stretch, and hit an outlet store. They had tons of kids Disney shirts & outfits, most under $5. I even spotted Castaway Cay shirts for kids, but didn't get it, since DH would wonder what in the world I wanted that for! :teeth:

Anyway, DH still doesn't know we're cruising. I am checking airfare constantly, but so far, it's just crazy. Gonna hold out for a few more months, and hopefully around Christmas Southwest will have a good Ding rate that I can snag.

Hope everyone is doing well! I just love watching the tickers count down. I think when I started, I was at 13 months. Now right at 9... :yay:

Corryn
07-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome back :wave:
Wow, a Castaway Cay shirt, here on dry land in Pennsylvania??? I thought they don't sell Any Castaway Cay merchandise anywhere BUT CC?
Hope you had fun in Hershey :)

alikat99
07-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm still shocked that you've kept the cruise a secret!! Good for you!!

I've seen CC shirts on land too, but they were just at the employee store at WDW. My mom works for Disney and we were there looking around. I was shocked to see CC shirts (the same ones I bought at full price). Oh well, at least I got them while on vacation.

curlybop
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone ~

Just stopping in to say hi! I noticed my ticker is now in the 8 month range. Yay! Yesterday I had to do some shopping at Wal-Mart, and I noticed they had 3-4 styles of Pirate shirts in the mens dept. We're now set for Pirate night...lol! I'd never be able to talk DH in to a costume of any sorts, but a t-shirt would be no problem. :rotfl: Now I've just to find something for DD. I have an eye patch & some beads.....hmmm. I'd love to find a t-shirt for her also.

DD was just asking when her birthday was again. I smiled, and said after Christmas, Valentines, and Easter.....she said firmly "Now remember, I want a Cinderella party when I turn 5" LOL! Oh if she only knew. She might actually get to see a "real" Cinderella on her birthday next time. :teeth:

Still no airfare purchases here. I've noticed more schedules are slowly being released, so I'm still hoping for more options around December. Once that's out of the way & done, I can rest a bit easier!

Dawn414
08-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I am SHOCKED :eek: at the airfare prices. DH and I decided on this cruise specifically because we have a 'credit' with Spirit Airlines that expires at the end of April and since we don't have any other travel planned where we can use it, we decided this would be the best time to use it...especially with the ever-rising gas prics. :sad2: SO...I booked our airfare. Close to $900 for the four of us and that includes a credit for close to $600. Is that crazy or what?! Unfortunately, I too, think it could come down, but given the schedules and the fact that we really can't travel until the day of departure, we're at the mercy of the flight times available and can't take a chance on those flight times being booked or EGADS going up even higher...oh well, c'est la vie. At least it's done...

AND on a separate topic...I have to say that between the tips on the DISboards & The Passporter tips, I am pretty much ready to sail (ok, so I still have to get passports for my DS/DD & renew my own, but that's besides the point). The disneyshopping.com site had a TON of stuff marked WAY down as did the Disney Store and I have been trying to pick up some 'stuff' here and there when I see it (the shoe thing, portable hamper, etc). DH would probably have a cow if he saw all the stuff....BUT...means I won't have to buy it later. That's incentive, right??? :thumbsup2

Well...just wanted to check in and say HI...

Where do I get one of those ticker things and how do I add it? I've been reading some of the trip reports and every time I see curlybop's reply I smile to myself knowing that is one of the DISers on the same cruise as me (since I see how long until that cruise).

Be well all...hope you're all enjoying your summer!

Dawn McG :goofy:

curlybop
08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Dawn,

Ticker Factory has quite a few to choose from. Just put in the dates, click a bit, and done. :thumbsup2

We also have to do the passports. DH's just needs a renewal, it expires end of this year. DD & I need to actually get ours. Hope to get that done before October or so, to avoid any rush if the rules still change effective Jan. '07.

I've bought a lot of stuff too - a few t shirts from Disneyshopping, some tropical wear, and just odds & ends as I see them. I have a small suitcase filled already with cruise wear & stuff. Just glad DH hasn't discovered it yet. :rotfl:

Dawn414
08-10-2006, 03:35 PM
curlybop---thanks for the info! :cool1:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10730;128/st/20060818/e/Cruisin%27+Maj+of+Seas/k/dc4c/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10723;104/st/20060914/e/Univ+Stud+%26amp%3B+SeaWorld/k/d94d/event.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10730;125/st/20070421/e/Cruisin%27+Disney+Magic%21/k/1ab3/event.png

Corryn
08-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi....
It's Exactly 8 Months for us!
Someone on another thread is going the same week & I directed them over here, but I guess they didn't get here yet...

Southwest now has their schedule open until January 9, so
if anyone is taking them down there, be ready to purchase your tickets by the beginning to mid-December.
I like to purchase my tickets through them as soon as they open their schedule, then I keep checking the schedule for any price decrease.
So far, this trip, just from checking the Dings! and other promotions they've got going, we've saved about $400 to be applied to our next trip, the cruise.
I'd rather keep the credit with SW than have them refund the money, especially since the schedule for our cruise will be opening right before Christmas, it's like found money :goodvibes

curlybop
08-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I am sooooo ready to book airfare. That's the last major thing I have to do. Hoping to catch a Ding or great sale from SW in December. We'll have to drive 2 hours to the airport SW flies out of though. But it will be worth it if I save big bucks. Hey, I have GPS, we can go anywhere now. :rotfl2:

DH still doesn't know. I'm about to bust to keep from telling him. Just this weekend he was saying how he loved it when I planned suprises, b/c they always turn out great, and it's totally unexpected. Oh little does he know what I have up my sleeve now.

I love the end of summer sales. I've found some great stuff to take with us next spring. Just eight more months.......... pirate:

Corryn
08-22-2006, 11:02 PM
I am sooooo ready to book airfare. That's the last major thing I have to do. Hoping to catch a Ding or great sale from SW in December. We'll have to drive 2 hours to the airport SW flies out of though. But it will be worth it if I save big bucks. Hey, I have GPS, we can go anywhere now. :rotfl2:

DH still doesn't know. I'm about to bust to keep from telling him. Just this weekend he was saying how he loved it when I planned suprises, b/c they always turn out great, and it's totally unexpected. Oh little does he know what I have up my sleeve now.

C'mon! You don't think he knows by now? :rotfl: You with your DCL books (which he spys) and then he adds how he loves surprises????
You go, girl, with your surprise.....If he does know, he's probably waiting for you to just bust out and tell him..
Does he have his vacation picks for next year? Is that week one of them?
Does he already have that week off? When are you going to tell him? The suspense is killing me! popcorn::

curlybop
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I know he has no clue. When I made the deposit, I used the ccard that we get no paper statement on. As he says "I'm not computer savvy" so I pay the bill online every month - so he never saw that come through.

I've bought stuff from the Disney store, and put on a shelf, and told him it was for DD's birthday next year. Also bought some tropical clothing since it's being clearanced out with end of summer....but I left it in the car until the next morning, and got it out after he left for work.

Yes, I have the free booklet from DCL, and the Passporter guide sitting right on the table....but he thinks I'm planning to go in '08. I kept telling him that rates should be out soon, and by then we can save up a lot of money, blah, blah, blah - whatever pops in my mind to keep him off my trail. :rotfl:
He hates to wait for vacation! So, I'm thinking of telling him at Christmas - or either his birthday in February. I really think Christmas would be better....that way he can help me plan excursions & stuff for the next few months, and have a while to really let it all soak in before we go.

This has been THE HARDEST thing to keep to myself. I've had to be creative in my thinking & hiding stuff. The hardest part has been convincing him to renew his passport. Oh the spill I told him the other day - "Well, yours is expiring in a few months, you might as well go ahead & renew it, especially if they enforce the new rules......it's good for 10 years anyway, and one day we might want to take that cruise you know, and you'll need it. Plus, the cost will probably go up in 2007, since everyone may be required to get one. Just go ahead & take the new photo & we'll send it in....."

As for his picks, he mentioned maybe going to the beach. We both can take off from work pretty much whenever we want to, so that's not a problem.

So in his mind, we might be going on a cruise in 2008....maybe. Oh little does he know! He thinks some of this stuff is all in preparation for 2 years from now. So, from now until December, I've got to figure out exactly HOW I want to tell him. That will keep me thinking for a while! I want it to be special.....atleast I have 4 months to get my act together! :)

Corryn
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Maybe you can wrap up a model of the Magic and place it in a box?
I'm sure if you went on the DCL board and posted a new thread on How To Surprise The Hubby you'll get a bunch of awesome ideas!

alikat99
08-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi guys! It seems like SO long until this cruise takes place. We have a 4-night DVC member cruise scheduled in October, so at least I'll have my fix.

I'm SO excited for you that you've kept your secret. I don't have any great ideas, but if you want anything that I can get for you on the Wonder, I can do that in October.

Corryn
08-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey AliKat,
If you're on the Wonder, say hello to our wonderful servers, Laszlo and Noemi.
They're both from Hungary. All the young girls in our groop were swooning over Laszlo........And Noemi:
My first night I ordered a Strawberry Daquiri with Whipped Cream (my usual) and about twenty minutes later, Noemi comes back huffin' and puffin'. I said, My God, Noemi! Whadd'ya go to the other side of the ship for the Whipped Cream?

She said... Yes!!!! :rotfl:
So of course, we tipped very nicely :goodvibes
Anyway, if you run into them, tell them The Thorgersen's (Corryn & Ed) Said Hello!

Dawn414
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Been nice chatting with you over the past couple months...we have decided to change our plans to the 4-night Wonder cruise versus the 7-night so we can take in some Disney as well...Although the kids have been to Universal and SeaWorld, this will be their first real Disney experience. We're also planning to follow it up with another trip to WDW in late August '07.

So...I'm sure I'll be seein' many of you on the boards and in the chat rooms...until then...Happy Sailing!

Dawn McG

Corryn
09-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Okey Dokey Dawn :goodvibes
You'll have a great time, no matter which ship you're cruising on!
See you around the DIS :cheer2:

curlybop
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Enjoy your new trip Dawn! It's been nice chatting with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW.

That ticker moves quickly. I remember starting at 13 months, I think.

DH kept asking last night what I wanted for Christmas. :teeth: He has no idea what type of present he'll be getting. I've decided to tell him then, by wrapping up some of the tropical shirts I've purchased for him, and a few other items I've bought for the cruise. Then sit back & watch him try to figure it out. Might even put my copy of the Passporter in the very bottom of the box. :thumbsup2

Dawn414
09-08-2006, 08:39 AM
That sounds awesome. I don't know if I could book a 7-nighter without telling DH. I think he might drop dead if I spent that type of money without talking to him about it first. But...that's just me. Not like I haven't gotten him great surprises before. :)

Be well all!

ohMom
09-08-2006, 03:09 PM
hi cruisers!!

curlybop -- my DD was almost 9 our last cruise and I got her a cute girl pirate outift at Joann's after Halloween at 75% off. just FYI.

i haven't had much time to dream of the cruise, we are still remodeling our kitchen. loosk like our group is still pretty quiet?

my DD have been talking cruise lately. i'm still with you all on the shock of airfare. DH says just buy the dang tickets and i'm still thinking about holding out for SWA. i just booked for my Jan WDW trip at about $260 from Columbus. i remember booking just under $200..........ah the good old days

have a great weekend everyone!

hey, where is the cheapest place for passport photos? how does that work? you buy a photo then take it when purchasing the passport??

strega7
09-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi guys! thought I would check in too. I haven't posted over here in a long time. I got lucky on my airfare. I was up at 6:00 on the first day I could buy tickets for the entire trip. I had been watching them for awhile, and they were anywere from $800 to $1300 per person out of California. I thought I might have to cancel the trip because that was way too much for 6 people to spend. Anyway, I was playing with orbitz and ended up getting for $411per person which I felt was an awsome deal. I am a little nervous because I have never used them before. I hope all works out ok, wish me luck (we are leaving 2 days early though). My Parents are coming with us, and my mom has started packing. I am having trouble thinking past tomorrow. Anyway, see you all in a few months. Marci

Corryn
09-10-2006, 10:14 AM
hi cruisers!!
hey, where is the cheapest place for passport photos? how does that work? you buy a photo then take it when purchasing the passport??

My husband just told me that our friend got Free passport photos at the AAA office - but you have to be a member.
If you're not a member, then when you go to the P.O. to apply for your passport, they'll charge you $12 for each photo. :)

Dawn414
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I think it may depend on where you live. We are AAA members and we paid (around $8 I think) for our passport photos.

If you're first signing up, you have to do it in person, but if you're renewing, you can just send it in with your photos, application and old passport.

Dawn McG

curlybop
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
We got our passport photos at CVS. They were $8.00, but I used Extra Care Bucks on items I bought the week before - so free. :teeth: DH's only needs a renewal, but DD & I have go through the "new" process.

As for airfare, I'm still waiting it out. Hopefully in December, better rates will come out. Right now we're at $260 each, which is waaay more than I wanted to pay....especially since we're in Virginia - it's approx. 1 1/2 hour flight if you go direct. Rates for this April were $80-$140 depending on airline. I think I'll wait. :)

I found DD a pirate shirt at Kmart, on clearance. :banana: She'll probably be happy about that. We have some beads & an eye patch too from the Dollar Tree. Bought pirate t-shirts for DH & I also. Half the fun of planning has been these end of summer clearance sales we've had, and I keep seeing stuff, thinking about the cruise, and of course, buying........better 75% off (or more) than full price, I say. :thumbsup2

curlybop
10-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I guess Corryn is all ready to party by now. :teeth: Have fun at MNSSHP!

How is everyone? Guess we're almost on the 6 month countdown now. I'm driving DH absolutely insane, telling him I have a small gift for him at Christmas. :) This is fun. I can not wait to see the expression on his face.........

Anyone thought more about excursions? Or any past experiences you wish to share? That part I haven't planned yet. I figure that can be DH's job, to decide what he'd like to try - but I'd like to offer suggestions as to what is good/bad/etc. The Passporter has reviews, but there's nothing like honest opinions from cruisers - instead of something edited for a book.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by, say hello, and check in. Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

alikat99
10-04-2006, 11:32 AM
HI everyone!!! We're getting ready for the DVC member cruise in less than 3 weeks, so right now I'm all consumed by that one right now. I'll focus more on this one come November.

But, I can tell you that we went on the Western when my oldest was 2 and we had a blast doing Capt Marvin's Stingray City tour and we will DEFINITELY be doing it again!!!

dvc2themax
10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
OK, we found the thread to say WE ARE GOing to.
Sorry, don't know the lingo - daughter age 13, myself and hubby willl be joining this cruise. :hourglass

Corryn
10-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone :goodvibes That MNSSHP is the best. If you ever get a chance to do it, you should because it's fun for everyone :thumbsup2

Excursions: We were going to do the Stingray tour because my FInlaw went and he Loved it. I know the kids will probably be iffy about it once in the water, but at least they'll be able to say they tried it :)
There was an article in Travel and Leisure about Grand Cayman, talking about mostly the lawyers and bankers that go there to live for a few years and the restaurants and places they frequent. If it's possible, I'd like to take a cab around the island. When we were in Nassau last year, there were plenty of limos and cabs lined up with drivers offering tours of the island. Halfway through the day my DH said, you know, we should have taken a tour of the island with one of those guys, and I said, yeah, I wanted to do that too; but it was getting late and we wanted back on the ship.
If they offer something similar in GC, we'll do that too.

Cozumel - I've heard from a few people that XCaret is Da Bomb - I haven't heard one bad review. I've heard that travel times are from 45 minutes to two hours. I've also heard that you can get sea sick on the ferry ride to the mainland, but then my DH points out that the people who got sick might not be used to the sea. I'm hoping that's the case - we're on the water often and I've only gotten sea sick once.
I know that the allure of Xcaret is mostly in the night-time shows, and that being a cruise excursion we'll be unable to see them, but we still want to give it a shot. There was a show on The Travel Channel about National Parks and XCaret was featured.
I guess it's a Mexican National Park. If you see it, tape it and see if you'd like what XCaret has to offer.
There's an underground river that you ride in/on an inner tube that I hear wonderful reviews about. There are also lots of dolphin shows and the atmosphere is paradise. The excursion offers lunch, too. Also, I've read if you do the Disney excursion to XCaret, if you're late the ship will wait for you. If you do it alone and you're late, you're outta luck.

Key West? I'm gonna hit all the art galleries in search of beautiful tropical paintings I can't get up here in NY. There's also a Jet Boat tour that we took 15 years ago that was supercool - we'll see if we can do that again.

We're often at the beach during the summer, so we're not looking for a beach day excurision.

Has anyone else heard of any other excursions?

Welcome dvc2themax! My daughters, at cruise time, will be 13 and 14. My neice will be 13, too, and they can't wait to check out the teen club.
Only 178 left for us!
Have Fun Alikat!

curlybop
10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Welcome dvc2themax!! Glad to have you join this thread.

Oooohh, look, what does the ticker say?? :teeth: 5 month countdown now. Woo-hoo!!

I really haven't thought any more about excursions. Maybe in January I'll make the final decisions on what we'd like to do. By then DH will know about the cruise & can help me.

Anyone checked out the photos from the cruise this week? I believe I spotted Amy (alikat) in a few of the pictures. I am sooo jealous. :) Hope they're having a fabulous time.

I have started on our door signs, which has been fun. Picked up some things at our Disney store this weekend too....which only got me more excited. I am running out of room to hide cruise stuff though. Guess I better quit shopping. :lmao:

alikat99
10-31-2006, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone!! We're back from our 4-night DVC member cruise on the Wonder!!! What a fabulous time we had!!! We had 91 people linked together for early dining, and we ended up taking up one whole side of the dining rooms. It was fantastic!!! If anyone wants to link dining together, let me know. I will have a 5 and 3 yr old with us on the cruise.

The changes on the Wonder were really great too!! We never had time to try the new toddler water play area with Madison, but it looked cute. I wonder if the Magic will be getting it next year, but it wouldn't be before our cruise anyway. Most of the other changes were already made on the Magic, like the Dumbotron and Goofy's Galley (yummy!!!).

We had a HUGE Dis group on the member cruise that was VERY talkative (over 25,000 posts before we left), so we had a couple of great DIS meets before the cruise at WDW, in the terminal and on board. And, lots of people brought little goodies like pens, door magnets, etc that showed up on our doors all the time. It really was a good time!!!

Now, we get to start planning this one!!!

alikat99
10-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh, and the new toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion) on DCL is really nice. I'm pretty picky about my shampoo, and I really liked this stuff. So, leave yours at home and save space in packing.

curlybop
10-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info Amy! Glad you had a nice trip. :thumbsup2 Good to know about the new products too - more things I won't have to worry about packing!!
I think I'll need all the extra space I can get. :teeth:

curlybop
11-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Amy - great new photo of the girls!

So how is everyone? Quiet, I'd say. :rotfl:

Just bumping up to the top, so others can find it also. I know there have to be a lot more joining us!

laura1234
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Hello Fellow Cruisers!

We will also be sailing the Magic, April 21st. Family consists of myself(mom), husband (dad), DS (who will be 11 yo when we cruise) and DD 8 yo. This will be our third time cruising the Disney Magic. We sailed the Western in 2001 and the Eastern in 2003. Both of them were wonderful.

I received a nice bonus a few months back from work. Instead of wasting the money on something foolish like home improvements :rotfl2: why not spend it on a nice vacation. That's how I ended up here again.

Excursions: Still planning. Cozumel: we will definitely go to the XCaret again. This was a highlight of first cruise and one of the main reasons we chose the Western over the Eastern this cruise.

Flights: Still looking.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow cruisers as the deadline approaches.

WooHoo!

dvc2themax
11-25-2006, 10:11 PM
5 months more months to countdown.
Anyone heard anything good/bad about the hourseback riding in Cozumel? Thinking about this one, but unfortunately can't book until FEB!
Flights are booked non-stop to Orlando.

Any comments on the mayan ruins?
What other trips/shore excurisions are suggested - for DD of 13?
What kind of "entertainment" do they have on the ship? Not entertainment such as the shows, but classes, such as cooking? floral arrangements? making towel animals?

Thanks for any information.

Cyndibear
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone!

My DH and I will be joining everyone on this cruise. We had booked this cruise in January and I am now allowing myself to begin to get super excited for it. :yay: I had to get through our WDW trips that we did in June & Sept to be able to start the excitement for April 2007 (that's what I am trying to tell myself). We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on this cruise.

We will be driving from PA, so we won't have to worry about airline stuff. We have already booked a room for that Friday before at Radisson by the port. Hope that works out okay.

I know we have early dining and we booked and inside stateroom on deck 7.

This will be our 2nd Magic cruise. First one was in 1998 so its been awhile for a Disney cruise. We just love Castaway Cay. Thought of doing the one with two stops to Castaway but couldn't find one close to our anniversary date (April 19).

I will keep in touch with this thread, its been fun getting to know everyone by reading the previous posts.

Enjoy,

Cyndi

alikat99
11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the group Cyndi!!!

We have quite a few celebrations during this cruise. My DH is turning 40 on the 22nd, and my youngest is turning 3 on the 28th. And, I know that at least a couple more people have some celebrations as well!!!

Corryn
11-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello Fellow Cruisers!
I received a nice bonus a few months back from work. Instead of wasting the money on something foolish like home improvements :rotfl2: why not spend it on a nice vacation. That's how I ended up here again.

I hear ya! I like how you phrased it as "wasting" :rotfl: My home would be a palace if only I wasn't such a DIS Nut!!!
Hello everyone :goodvibes
My countdown clock says 142 days.....It seems so far away, but it'll be here before we know it :banana:
I can't believe it, but Southwest came out with their schedule two weeks ago. We're all booked with $99 fares each way! Any Dings! will be gravy!

curlybop
12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Hello everyone!

Welcome Cyndi. :cheer2:

Just a few more months - woo hoo! I've been searching high & low for decent airfare, but it's just not happened yet. The prices posted for our area for next April are so high, I could get a ticket halfway across country right now for the same money. Crazy. Just crazy.

The other day my daughter was telling me (already!) what she wanted for her birthday. One of her friends recently celebrated, and she liked some of the things the friend received. I just grinned, and told her I think she's going to have an extra special surprise or two when she turns five. :teeth: Of course we won't tell her until a day or two before we actually leave. It's just easier that way. :rotfl:

Off to check more airfare. Rumor is SW reduced some prices today......

Cyndibear
12-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea!! November's over another month closer!!!

ScouterJT
12-04-2006, 09:50 PM
any certified divers on this cruise? I'm planning on doing the DCL dive excursions on Grand Cayman and Cozumel ... looking for a buddy

alikat99
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone!! Boy, oh boy, this thread is a quiet one!!!

Anyway, I got my cruise planning kit in the mail today for this cruise. It had the booklet with my booking day and final payment due date, along with all of the excursions, etc. I'm SO excited that this is getting closer!!!

I think right after the first of the year, we're going to make our decisions for excursions. I think that we're already set for what we'll do on Grand Cayman and Key West, but I'm just not sure about Cozumel.

Also, do we want to have a little DIS meet on board? If so, when? I've been on a couple of cruises and the DIS meets were always on embarkation day. One was at the sailaway party and the others were at 3pm before the lifeboat drill. Either one works for me, or maybe something different.

And, one more thing, are there any DISers on this cruise that's interested in linking dining ressies to share a table. I do have small girls (3 & 5), so take that into consideration. But, I'm sure that they'll be deserting us as soon as they eat to go to the club. Oh, and we're on early dining.

Cyndibear
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday season.

Wow, this month is sure flying by. Alikat99, you got a cruise planning kit already? How exciting. Hope mine comes soon too.

A DIS meet sounds great! Just let me know when and where and DH & I will be there.

We also have early dining and wouldn't mind hooking up at a table. It's just me and my husband. Last disney cruise we were on they sat us at a table for four, it was with two other people who were in their 60's-70's and they were brother and sister. It was very wierd. (we are in our late 30's) . Let me know how to do that, it sounds like fun.

Enjoy the season!

Cyndi

alikat99
12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday season.

Wow, this month is sure flying by. Alikat99, you got a cruise planning kit already? How exciting. Hope mine comes soon too.
I know, it was quite exciting to see it, because it means that this cruise is getting closer and closer. Heck, according to their sheet, I can start booking excursions, spa & Palo in mid-January (I think it's the 21st or 23rd). Pretty exciting!!!

A DIS meet sounds great! Just let me know when and where and DH & I will be there.

We also have early dining and wouldn't mind hooking up at a table. It's just me and my husband. Last disney cruise we were on they sat us at a table for four, it was with two other people who were in their 60's-70's and they were brother and sister. It was very wierd. (we are in our late 30's) . Let me know how to do that, it sounds like fun.

Enjoy the season!

Cyndi
For anyone wanting to link dining ressies, it's really easy. I've done it for all of my cruises, and it makes it nice knowing the people that you're dining with ahead of time. All that you have to do is decide who's going to sit together, then just exchange information like last names, cabin number and Confirmation #s. The, just call DCL and asked to have your ressies linked. Then, they will put your dining requests together. This needs to be done about a month to 6 weeks in advance of the cruise, because they do the dining arrangements about a month out.

ohMom
12-19-2006, 03:39 PM
hi all! a bit-o-excitement for us today -- booked our air! woohoo!! there was some discussion of postponing but none of that now! we are booked; flying in Friday night. where is everyone staying? the Radisson?

after Jan 10 -- i'll be ALL about cruising!! quite busy until then!!

sherry -- are you still going?

dvc2themax
12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone,
This is our first Disney Cruise, with myself, DH and DD (13)
We are on the late dinner and would like to hook up for dinner if
anyone else is interested (thanks alikat99 for telling how it is done).

DIS meeting sounds great to meet in person after, I am sure, this board will be going crazy after Christmas is over and the next big plans focus on the cruise!

Flights are booked non-stop from NH to FL.
Will be in FL early enough to go an dsit for a while at the terminal.

Everyone have some enjoyable holiday cheer, don't stress out, and looking forward to new news the beginning of the year 2007!

curlybop
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm doing this today: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: just thinking in four short months, we'll finally be cruising. I'm so excited!!!!!!

We have early dining also, so if anyone wants to link, that would be great! It will be 2 adults and the birthday girl who turns 5 during the cruise.

I have made a short DVD for DH's Christmas present. It is my way of telling him we are going on a cruise. He keeps saying "give me hints to what the present is..." and you should've heard the bizarre stuff I've told him. :rotfl2: He still has no idea, and right now, I'm so excited to see his face. We really need this vacation time!!

We don't have air yet. It's still too high. I've been watching, and the closer the flight time, it seems the prices drop in our area. I'm really hoping that will be the case for us. If not by early March, I guess I'll have to just pay the price & book it. We have 2 airports within 1 hour of us, so I'm hoping for a decent fare somewhere.

Everyone have a great holiday season! I know I'll be back more as the dates get closer. :cloud9:

Cyndibear
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks Curlybop, did not notice that it is 4 mths today. YEAH!!!!!!! I really can't believe that you kept this cruise a suprise for your husband for this long. I think I would die! My DH and I talk about it (or something relating to it) at least once a day. I hope you can get a good rate on air. That is one of the reasons we drive, I hate the cat and mouse game you have to play.

We will also be celebrating our 10th anniversary. After the cruise, we will be spending a week at WDW too. I am trying to sort through my summer stuff to see if we will have enough clothing so I won't have to do any laundry during that time. I really don't want to have to go shopping for summer clothing in the begining of the season when its so expensive. I might do some thrift store shopping for shorts. So much to think about.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday!

Cyndi

curlybop
12-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Well, it is finally done.

DH now knows about the cruise. I can FINALLY talk about the details now. He was totally shocked, and really had no idea about the cruise.

He is so excited. While DD played with her new toys this morning, he was reading the Passporter.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!

B&B Mom
12-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a long time and want to add that a DIS meet sounds great. It would be wonderful to meet some folks from the DIS.

I hope the holidays are enjoyable for all, with lots of fun and great food! Curlybop- glad to hear the surprise went over well. Good for you.....keeping it a secret all that time.

Well, it seems like the count down can really start now. I was telling myself that after New Years the cruise would seem much closer(we booked last Jan) but I think I'm starting to get excited about it now!

Corryn
12-26-2006, 11:28 PM

DH now knows about the cruise. I can FINALLY talk about the details now. He was totally shocked, and really had no idea about the cruise.

He is so excited. While DD played with her new toys this morning, he was reading the Passporter.

WooHoo!!! Now when a thought comes to mind, you can immediately share it without hesitating - Doesn't that feel good?

alikat99
12-27-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm SO glad to hear that your surprise went SO well!!! How exciting to get to finalize all the plans in the next few months!!!

curlybop
12-27-2006, 10:32 AM
;) Thanks!! DH is off from work this entire week, and he just emailed me wanting to know where to find the DISboards. So if you are lurking, Hi Honey!! :) I think he'll be visiting on the Cruise boards quite a bit for the next few months. I really feel so much better, since I can now discuss all the details. He couldn't believe I kept my mouth shut for over 9 months & didn't say a word about it.

My main focus now is finding a decent flight. The prices are insane. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone!

alikat99
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Happy New Year:cheer2: :cheer2:

:cheer2: :cheer2: to all my DIS friends!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: :banana: Now we can say that we're cruising THIS year!!!:banana: :banana:

curlybop
01-01-2007, 04:37 PM
:cheer2: Happy New Year everyone!! :cheer2:

Time is going by quickly! Just a few more months. :thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a great 2007. :dance3:

curlybop
01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow - you guys are quiet. :rotfl2:

Just thought I'd stop by, and see if anyone is planning on doing door signs & decorations? If you need help with the signs, let me know. I'm currently making ours this week. :thumbsup2

DH went back to work after almost 2 weeks off for the holidays. He said as soon as he pulled up, he said to himself "April is coming...." :yay: I don't know what we'll plan for after the cruise is over - but we are having a great time just thinking of how close the time is.

I've taken on more responsibilities at work also, effective this week, so every so often I visit the DCL photo of the day, and remind myself that vacation is coming, and I won't have to deal with this stuff for a week. I guess that's bad, but hey, it keeps me going through this winter. :woohoo:

alikat99
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
We definitely have door signs and magnets. We love doing that kind of stuff. I'll have to do some birthday ones for my DH and my DD too. We haven't been on a 7-night in several years, so I'm looking forward to a week on the Magic.

Also, is anyone else interested in doing Captain Marvin's Stingray excursion on Grand Cayman?? We're going to book it on our own, so that both of our girls can go (we did that in 2003 and loved it). I'm thinking if anyone else wants to do it, then maybe we can all get on the same boat.

Cyndibear
01-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!!! Its moving quickly now. I have been trying to find some end of season clothing sales for the formal nights but have not had luck. I do have something to wear already, BUT new would be nice.

At work I have a little calander on my desk counting backwards the days till the cruise. My co-workers just don't get Disney. They think I'm nuts. Oh, well, more room at the parks and on the cruise ship for me!!!

Enjoy,

Cyndi

dvc2themax
01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I know what you mean. My co-workers say "AGAIN?". I go on one trip to WDW and come back to start planning the next trip. This time a cruise in APril and maybe either October or December trip to WDW.

I am a DVC member, and everytime they send something in the mail that has something to do with Disney, I hang it on my cubicle wall. I enjoy the pictures that mean something to me and the DISNEY MANIA in me and my family.

Ok, how to make this get quicker to APRIL, magic wand anyone?:grouphug:

curlybop
01-04-2007, 09:01 AM
:rotfl2: I have the countdown thing in my signature line, plus I downloaded a countdown timer for my desktop. It tells days, hours, minutes, seconds until vacation. What can I say - I am a bit excited.

Last night we were watching TV, and the Royal Caribbean commercial came on. DH looks over, and said "But that ship isn't nearly as beautiful as the Disney one with the bright colors & logo" I cracked up. He even mentioned pirate night a few days ago. What can I say? I'm training him well. :rotfl: Plus he reads the Passporter every few days, to be more familiar with everything. I am quite proud of him. :hug: Still seems weird to be able to discuss it all with him now. Finally!

As for excursions, honestly, I haven't even thought about it yet. Well, I have, but not really planned anything yet. We do plan on getting off the ship in each port, just to check it out. DD will go also, so whatever we do needs to be kid friendly. :thumbsup2 Plus I need to allow time for shopping. We're taking one empty suitcase just to put goodies in to bring home....because I just KNOW I'll have to bring something home. :rolleyes1

alikat99
01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I know what you mean. My co-workers say "AGAIN?". I go on one trip to WDW and come back to start planning the next trip. This time a cruise in APril and maybe either October or December trip to WDW.

I am a DVC member, and everytime they send something in the mail that has something to do with Disney, I hang it on my cubicle wall. I enjoy the pictures that mean something to me and the DISNEY MANIA in me and my family.

Ok, how to make this get quicker to APRIL, magic wand anyone?:grouphug:
We get a lot of that from our families!! You're going to Disney AGAIN?!?!?!? And, we only live about 1.5 hours from WDW, so we're there about once a month, but it NEVER gets old.

And as my girls say, "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo", is April here???

alikat99
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Last night we were watching TV, and the Royal Caribbean commercial came on. DH looks over, and said "But that ship isn't nearly as beautiful as the Disney one with the bright colors & logo" I cracked up. He even mentioned pirate night a few days ago. What can I say? I'm training him well. :rotfl: Plus he reads the Passporter every few days, to be more familiar with everything. I am quite proud of him. :hug: Still seems weird to be able to discuss it all with him now. Finally!

We always say those types of things when we see the other ships in port. Nothing is as beautiful as a Disney ship!!!:wizard:

laura1234
01-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I would love to see your Door Sign's when you complete them.

Corryn
01-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Before our last cruise (this is our second one) I waited until two weeks before the cruise to start with the door signs. This time I'm getting an early start. I've already accumulated a whole file of clip art that I've seen floating around on these boards and other websites. I'm already thinking and I'll most likely start this weekend.
I liked how some DIS'ers had a sign for each day, or their whole door was covered with signs. I think we'll go that route this time:goodvibes
I'll post them when I'm finished.

BTW did anyone get anything from their TA?
My TA sent us a super nice packet with all the excursions, etc. We're allowed to book excursions starting on the 21st of this month! I'm not sure if that's for Castaway Club members or everyone. Does anyone know that question?

alikat99
01-08-2007, 10:37 PM
We got that packet a few weeks ago from DCL (we didn't go through a TA). I think that the 21st is for CC members, because when I look at the Online Documents tab when I look on the DCL website, it also shows that date. I can't believe that it's coming up so soon!!! Lucky DH gets to make all of our ressies, because I'll be on a girls weekend at WDW.

alikat99
01-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I haven't worked on any door signs for this cruise yet. I have some generic ones that we use every time, then I'll make some specific ones since it will be DH and DDs birthdays on the cruise.

Corryn
01-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Have fun on your Girls Only Weekend!!!

I forgot to mention to all those subscribed to this thread:

A couple of families from our group pulled out; therefore, my TA has a few cabins available. I checked the DCL website and our cruise is SOLD OUT (I don't know if that's a good thing or not.......)
Anyway, she got us a pretty good price. I checked the prices for the cruise the week after ours and she gave me a price of $1000 cheaper than what is listed for 4/28. It's for Catagory 11 cabins.

If you know of anyone who is interested, I'll PM you her name and number.

Corryn
01-09-2007, 12:37 AM
One more thing, I forgot.....

We're flying in the night before the cruise, Friday night. We're renting cars from OIA and driving over to the Port. It's much cheaper than the shuttle!

Does anyone have a clue which hotels are nice and new and which ones we should stay away from?

Thanks!

alikat99
01-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Have fun on your Girls Only Weekend!!!

I forgot to mention to all those subscribed to this thread:

A couple of families from our group pulled out; therefore, my TA has a few cabins available. I checked the DCL website and our cruise is SOLD OUT (I don't know if that's a good thing or not.......)
Anyway, she got us a pretty good price. I checked the prices for the cruise the week after ours and she gave me a price of $1000 cheaper than what is listed for 4/28. It's for Catagory 11 cabins.

If you know of anyone who is interested, I'll PM you her name and number.
Thanks, it should be a blast!! No kids, no hubbies, and WDW, can't beat that!!!

Where do you see that our cruise is sold out? I was just looking on the DCL website earlier today (quite a coincidence that we were both looking at that), anyway and I input my info like I was booking my family again (2 adults, 5yo, 2yo) and I found cabins in cats 4-11 (except 7). I wonder if it says that it's sold out somewhere else. Weird!!!

It's amazing how expensive this cruise is getting. I'm glad that we booked a long time ago onboard!!!

Corryn
01-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I put in all the information and it only showed cabins available for the week before and the week after our cruise.......So I assumed (and you know what happens when you do that!:goodvibes ) the cruise is sold out. Maybe I did it wrong?????

OH I DID DO IT WRONG!!!!!

I put in Eastern, we're going on the western!!!!

Yeah, I checked it and it is $1000 more than we paid.......What a "bargain"!

alikat99
01-09-2007, 12:52 AM
One more thing, I forgot.....

We're flying in the night before the cruise, Friday night. We're renting cars from OIA and driving over to the Port. It's much cheaper than the shuttle!

Does anyone have a clue which hotels are nice and new and which ones we should stay away from?

Thanks!
Can't help you on hotels at the port, since we always stay the night at WDW before the cruise. But, I've heard that the Residence Inn is nice and some have stayed at the Radisson too. I've also had friends that have stayed at the RonJon resort too.

alikat99
01-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I put in all the information and it only showed cabins available for the week before and the week after our cruise.......So I assumed (and you know what happens when you do that!:goodvibes ) the cruise is sold out. Maybe I did it wrong?????

Ahhh, if it showed the week before and after, I wonder if you accidently put in the Eastern cruise, instead of Western.

Ooops, I guess you already figured that out!! I know, it's gone up over $1000 since we got our cabin.

curlybop
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
Corryn that sig photo of the cat had me rolling this morning. I needed that laugh!! I need to print that & post on my desk at work. :surfweb:

I also have a collection of clipart to use. I've made a couple for DD's birthday already, but that's it. My "plans" to work on the signs last week totally failed. So, I hope to finish soon. I can not stand to wait until the last minute for anything. :laughing: Which is why this waiting for airfare is driving me crazy. I want it done yesterday, thank you very much. LOL!

We will be flying in on Friday also & renting a car. If we get the flight I've been looking at, we'll have a lot of time on Friday, and I'd love to take DD to Downtown Disney. We're staying in Orlando Friday night, then driving to the port on Saturday. Which reminds me, I'd better take some sleep meds for myself, since I probably won't sleep otherwise on that Friday night. :rotfl2: Just kidding. After a day of travel, I probably will drop when my head hits the pillow.

DH said he wants to parasail. So, we'll probably book it for Castaway Cay & hope the weather is good & it doesn't get cancelled. He's also said he'd love to do any of the other water stuff. Wonder if I should tell him about the banana boat? :banana: ;)

alikat99
01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
Corryn that sig photo of the cat had me rolling this morning. I needed that laugh!! I need to print that & post on my desk at work. :surfweb:

I also have a collection of clipart to use. I've made a couple for DD's birthday already, but that's it. My "plans" to work on the signs last week totally failed. So, I hope to finish soon. I can not stand to wait until the last minute for anything. :laughing: Which is why this waiting for airfare is driving me crazy. I want it done yesterday, thank you very much. LOL!

We will be flying in on Friday also & renting a car. If we get the flight I've been looking at, we'll have a lot of time on Friday, and I'd love to take DD to Downtown Disney. We're staying in Orlando Friday night, then driving to the port on Saturday. Which reminds me, I'd better take some sleep meds for myself, since I probably won't sleep otherwise on that Friday night. :rotfl2: Just kidding. After a day of travel, I probably will drop when my head hits the pillow.

DH said he wants to parasail. So, we'll probably book it for Castaway Cay & hope the weather is good & it doesn't get cancelled. He's also said he'd love to do any of the other water stuff. Wonder if I should tell him about the banana boat? :banana: ;)
My DH might want to go parasailing again. He did it in October for the 2nd time and I know that he loves it. We also did the banana boat it was a riot. My only suggestion for that is to bring goggles, because salt water spray in the eyes isn't fun. But, even with my eyes shut sometimes because of the spray, I was laughing like crazy!!!

curlybop
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Guess I better add goggles to the packing list then. ;) I know once DH finds out about that, he'll want to do it. He just loves all that stuff - the faster the better. As for me, I'll be waiting on shore, thank you very much. :rotfl2:

Corryn
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Don't you love that cat?!?!
I was feeling pretty somber and I had to purchase a card and I saw this, it's a Hallmark card, I got it in Stop n Shop........But that cat just looks like he is bustin' a gut!!!!!!! And I'm a dog person - allergic to cats...... See if you can find it. It's hanging on my fridge and I scanned it into the computer.

As for the goggles, YES they are needed. I didn't go parasailing, but we did the eco-tour, and if we didn't have our sunglasses, it would have been miserable. The company tells you they're not responsible for them because they might fall off, but if it weren't for the glasses, my contact lenses would have washed out of my eyes and me and my daughter would have been in BIG TROUBLE in the middle of the ocean!!!

So if you don't want to bring goggles, wear your glasses with that string thingie on them to make sure they don't fall off your head!

Cyndibear
01-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone!

Wow, this board has been a little busy since I last checked in. That's great!

I love the cat photo too. It cracked me up!

Corryn, we too are arriving the night before. We are staying at the Raddison. We're driving, and they have a package where we can keep our car parked in the lot and use their shuttle to get to the port. Much cheaper than parking in the lot by the ship. I have heard good things about this hotel but everyone has their own opinion.

Yippie, glad our cruise went up $1000. It's nice to see when you save money or it just gives us more money to spend on the cruise.

I've never done a door sign. How would I even go about starting? Closest thing I got to decorating our room was to pick up some Mickey heads from Home Depot and then forgot them at home. Still have them somewhere, maybe I could stick them to the door!!

curlybop
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't you love that cat?!?!
I was feeling pretty somber and I had to purchase a card and I saw this, it's a Hallmark card, I got it in Stop n Shop........But that cat just looks like he is bustin' a gut!!!!!!! And I'm a dog person - allergic to cats...... See if you can find it. It's hanging on my fridge and I scanned it into the computer.

:lmao: I'll look next time I'm in Hallmark. I think I need one to put in my office! It would be great to give to my MIL too - she needs a good laugh. :laughing:

As for the door signs, any graphic program will do. I use Paint Shop Pro, but of course, there are dozens of other options. Just browse the 'net, find something you like, and work around it. That reminds me, I have a big handful of Mickey heads from Home Depot. Got to drag those out & be creative with them too. I got all the alien green they had - DH thought I was nuts...but I didn't care. :rotfl: Then I picked up a few more colors too, just for variety. A little laminating & some magnet tape, and I will be set.

Cyndibear
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Laminating & magnet tape ---- Great idea!!

alikat99
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I have some Disney Print Artist software that I've used to make magnets in the past. I've also used laminating and magnet tape. It seems a LOT less expensive than those magnet sheets of paper that you can feed through your printer. Besides, I messed up a couple of those magnet sheets trying to feel them through my printer, so I gave up.

Does anyone have any good "pirate" or Mickey pirate clip art? I was thinking of making a Pirate night magnet.

Corryn
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Here's a link to my photobucket site for clip art. I've been "stealing" images from other DIS'ers.....What I do is, whenever I'm looking at a post or a thread and I see an image I like or that I might want to use later, I right click on it and save it to my computer.
Of course, I'm not making any money on it, and I have asked DIS'ers in the past if I could use it and no one has told me no.
So I feel safe in sharing these with you.
I have others, but I've got a lot of work to do still and it's already 10:00 here in NY.
BTW, on our last trip, I found that using the Home Depot Mickey heads (LGMH) was a pain in the bazooka, so I just copied a jpg that someone had posted and used those. I made one for me and the girls and, in fact, I was recognized by a bunch of other DIS'ers while I was wearing it!

Here's a Mickey head for you and here's the link:
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/Corryns/Disney%20Clip%20Art/

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/Corryns/Disney%20Clip%20Art/pirate-mickey.jpg

curlybop
01-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Love that pirate Mickey head! Thanks for sharing. I've been getting clipart here:

http://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb2/pirates.html

They have tons of other character things, it took me a long time just to browse & decide on what I wanted. Found a few that would be neat for formal night, DD's birthday, etc.

I'm going to laminate those Mickey heads - a bunch on one sheet. Maybe punch holes in some & attach to our luggage too. :thumbsup2 The rest I'll keep, scan, and use for scrapbook pages later on.

I'm still laughing about that cat Corryn. I think I have a problem. :rotfl:

B&B Mom
01-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the great idea's and clipart links for door signs.
I might actually attempt one of these now!

Corryn
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi,
My dd's are 13 & 14 and the older one started her own thread looking to see what other teens will be cruising with us.
If you know of anyone (teens, that is!) send them over here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1322272

ohMom
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
AHOY!:boat:

i'm back from marathon weekend at WDW and ready to thinking about cruisin'! excursions, door signs.....i'm HERE! :laughing:

i made a really cool pirate one for our last cruise, i'll see if it's still in my computer after i finish typing. i may re-use it with new date, i don't know. i made another really cute one with our dogs too

we too are flying in friday evening. not enough time for WDW and still undecided if staying at MCO or drive onto Port. guess i'll include DH in this decision :rolleyes1

is anyone booking a dolphin swim? my DD 14 wants to and we haven't yet! now i fear it's too late! anyone have recommendations on companies?

is anyone late dining? we are booked early but had no problem with late last cruise. another family decision i guess. time for us to start talking about our cruise! :woohoo:

ohMom
01-12-2007, 09:14 AM
i found them! anyone want to reminisce with me?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/ohmom/doorsign002.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/ohmom/doorsign001.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/ohmom/dogsign001.jpg

and for my DDs who get so excited about room service they forget to tip!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/ohmom/TIP.jpg

curlybop
01-12-2007, 10:18 AM
:lmao: Those signs are GREAT! The dogs are adorable.

I've already written "get $1 bills from bank" on my to do list. That way I'll be set for tips.

I brought one of my green Mickey heads into work today & taped on the side of my computer tower. So as I sit here working, it's a good reminder that fun times are ahead.

You know, I didn't realize how much stuff I bought until recently. I had been buying Disney shirts & little things here & there all summer long, and stored in a suitcase in the back of the closet. I brought it out the other day, and said :scared1: But most things were summer clearance, so I just can't pass it up. Anyone else plan on wearing lime green Disney shirts the day we board? I think I have that same design in 3 different colors. :rotfl: Also found some shirts & dresses for DD that I forgot about. Oh well, atleast I'm prepared!

alikat99
01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
:lmao: Those signs are GREAT! The dogs are adorable.

I've already written "get $1 bills from bank" on my to do list. That way I'll be set for tips.

I brought one of my green Mickey heads into work today & taped on the side of my computer tower. So as I sit here working, it's a good reminder that fun times are ahead.

You know, I didn't realize how much stuff I bought until recently. I had been buying Disney shirts & little things here & there all summer long, and stored in a suitcase in the back of the closet. I brought it out the other day, and said :scared1: But most things were summer clearance, so I just can't pass it up. Anyone else plan on wearing lime green Disney shirts the day we board? I think I have that same design in 3 different colors. :rotfl: Also found some shirts & dresses for DD that I forgot about. Oh well, atleast I'm prepared!
OMG - you are so organized!! We just cruised in October on the member cruise, so all of our stuff is in a couple of drawers still. I'm usually rushing around in the last couple of weeks trying to get it all done before vacation. You are getting me motivated to organize myself early.

Oh, and just putting it out there, I'm heading to WDW next weekend for a little ladies getaway. If there's anything that anyone needs for the kiddos, surprises, etc, let me know.

alikat99
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh, and I think that we have the same lime green disney shirts from Disneyshopping.com.

curlybop
01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Amy that sounds like so much fun. I am jealous. :rotfl:

I am only organized because I had to keep quiet all those months. So I'd shop around here & there. Then sneak stuff in when DH was in the basement, or outside working. I still can't believe he never even had a clue. What can I say? I am good! :rotfl2:

ohMom
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
curlybop -- i love to be organized!! to bad i'm usually not as much as i wish i were! i decided not to put my suitcase back up and to toss in my cruisin' things too.

i have a couple lime green shirts -- i have a WDW one with the embroidered Mickey head, couple years old but it's lime green :) we ordered shirts for our last cruise as a DISgroup, which was fun but i have no talents in that area. i'm game to just all wear lime green. I also bought Minnie ears/headband that i wore for the 1/2 marathon and i'll probably wear those occasionally. won't my DD 14 just LOVE that???

dvc2themax
01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey OhMom.
I have a DD13. Not going on the dolphin swim though. We have late dinner.

Your signs are great.

I downloaded some clip art, but they are REALLY small when they print out and don't do well making them a bit larger to make door signs. Anyone have hints on where to get clipart I can upsize?

My favorite is Beauty and teh Beast, my DH likes Goofy, and my DD loves Piglet and Ariel.

We can't book anything until Feb 5.

For you past cruisers, suggestions to dress up for pirate night/dinner, and hints/suggestions for formal dinning? On our first trip on Rayla Carribean, we didn't think we could eat when people were dressup formal, so we ate elsewhere and then were told we could have come to be with our tablemates who also had not dressed up. We would like to dress up a little more, but not sure what is best.

Thanks for any suggestions

alikat99
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
For our past couple of cruises, I went pretty basic for our pirate costumes. I have a LONG black skirt, took a plain white t-shirt and cut up the bottom and sleeves, and tied a red sash around my waist. I did the same for both of my DDs. Then, for my DH, the only difference for him was black pants that I cut jagged on the bottom.

Now, this year, we're considering making new costumes. DH wouldn't mind something a little more "Capt Jack"ish. My mom is a seamstress, so I might have her make some stuff for all of us.

As for formal/semi-formal night, I have a nice, long, black skirt (not the same as pirate black skirt) and a pink beaded top to go along with it. I think that I'll wear that for semi-formal, and for formal night, I plan to buy (or have my mom make) a really nice white, long-sleeved blouse to go with the same black skirt. I figure that it's 2 different looks and less to pack.

dvc2themax
01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks for that information. I think I am se ton what I need to buy. I don't have anything that would be for formal or semi-formal dressing as I don't have use for it, except cruisin' popcorn::

Anyone know anything about the hourseback trip on Cozumel? That's the only one I really care about to go on for an excursion.

On Roual Caribbean cruise, went to the sting rays and the water was so bumpy with the other thousand boats going out, that my self and DD were sick and could not enjoy it.

Corryn
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Just curious.......included in the packet that we have just received was a little booklet which told about renting tuxedo's. Are any guys going on this cruise renting a tuxedo?

On our last cruise, which was the 4 night (with no formal night) I think I saw one man in a tuxedo. In fact, my DH who normally dresses to the nines, didn't even wear a suit. He just wore a nice shirt and dress slacks each night to dinner. On Pirate Night he wore his Pirate costume. He did bring a suit jacket in case we went to Palo's but we didn't. The same for everyone (66 people) traveling in our party.
As for me, I have two tropical dinner party dresses that I purchased last year, but they're still in style. I'm not going to wear something that I would wear to a wedding.
We had the late seating and we sat at dinner for quite a while. By the time we came out of dinner, about a half hour later the ship was quiet. It seemed that just about everyone on the ship wore nice, stylish clothing, but nothing too dressy.
As for my DD's, 13 & 14, they purchased dresses for their friend's Bat Mitzvah and they still fit them. They're a little dressy and they'll save those for formal night. As for the other dinners, the last time we went they wore those broomstick skirts that were stylish back then with embellished tank tops and those colored Chinese slippers.
This is getting me thinking.....we have 97 more days until the cruise and we gotta figure out what we're gonna wear!

alikat99
01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
We've only been on one other 7-night back in October 2003. On formal night, we saw several people dressed up quite a bit. At the time, we actually purchased a tux for my DH, along with Mickey vests. So, I think that Chris will be wearing his tux again for this trip.

sourmug
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
HI All,
I joined the group early on but have not been active on the board due to work and holiday activities.
Has the group made any plans for meets during the upcoming cruise or activities?
I was on the 11 day Southern Carib. cruise in September. We had a very active group and would be willing to coordinate a few activities for our group.
Fill me in what has been going on with this group!
Thanks,
Sourmug
in AL but a true Auburn Tiger

curlybop
01-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I was sitting here reading about the clothing choices, and asked DH if he wanted to rent a tux for formal night. He glared at me and said "Um, I don't think so" :rotfl2: He wears suits to church sometimes, but that's about it. So, he'll probably have a few nice jackets & ties, but no tux. I just can't talk him in to it. :laughing:

I am going to bring along DD's Princess dresses and a few other outfits. I figure once she sees others dressed up, she'll want to do it also. Plus I'd just LOVE to have some of her photos with the Princesses, when she's dressed up. We'll have to check the Navigators & plan accordingly. :)

For me, I plan to bring one dress for formal night, then mostly skirts & a nice shirt for the other nights. Can't forget a jacket or sweater for myself, in case the dining areas are chilly. :thumbsup2

Corryn
01-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I am going to bring along DD's Princess dresses and a few other outfits. I figure once she sees others dressed up, she'll want to do it also. Plus I'd just LOVE to have some of her photos with the Princesses, when she's dressed up. We'll have to check the Navigators & plan accordingly. :)

If my girls were little, I'd let them wear the Princess dresses to dinner Every Night! They'd want to, too :)
It's the appropriate place and time for those dresses anywayprincess:

Cyndibear
01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Asked DH if he wanted to rent a tux....:lmao: ! Suit it will be. He'll wear it for both formal and semi-formal night, just change the shirt and tie. Boy, guys are lucky. I just need a couple more pantsuit type outfits and I'll be set.

Anyone doing or has done the Tulum ruins tour in Cozumel? DH wants to see the ruins while we are there and this sounds like a good way to do it. It's a long tour. Just hope its a good one.

dvc2themax
01-14-2007, 11:04 AM
My DH wants to do the Xcaret Eco Archeological Park that we heard on
this board was awesome. Anywone thinking og this one he can get together with? 22 days to go before we can book our excursions.pixiedust:

laura1234
01-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm a little confused on the date/time for this, can anyone help?

As I understand Palo reservations go quickly and for CCL members you can make these 90 days out. In our case, 1/21/2007.

Is it necessary to do this at 3:00 AM on 1/21? Does everyone make their ressies online?

THANKS!

sourmug
01-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm a little confused on the date/time for this, can anyone help?

As I understand Palo reservations go quickly and for CCL members you can make these 90 days out. In our case, 1/21/2007.

Is it necessary to do this at 3:00 AM on 1/21? Does everyone make their ressies online?

THANKS!
Laura,
If you want a specific date and time you need to make reservations on 1/21. When I went on the 11 Day Cruise, I had no trouble making the reservations for Palo on that date. I had a good friend who waited and until a month prior to the cruise and all times and dates were taken.
Also if you plan to take Shore Excursions, it is best if you make them on line as early as possible.
Sourmug

sourmug
01-14-2007, 01:03 PM
If any of you would like a copy of my excel spreadsheet packing list, please email me and I will forward it onto you.
I found it extremely helpful on my last trip.
I created it based on all the info gathered from my last 4 cruises.
M

dvc2themax
01-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Does anyone bring landyards with pins on for trading, like they have a WDW?

laura1234
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Laura,
If you want a specific date and time you need to make reservations on 1/21. When I went on the 11 Day Cruise, I had no trouble making the reservations for Palo on that date. I had a good friend who waited and until a month prior to the cruise and all times and dates were taken.
Also if you plan to take Shore Excursions, it is best if you make them on line as early as possible.
Sourmug

Thank You!! I sent you a PM on the packing list.

curlybop
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
If any of you would like a copy of my excel spreadsheet packing list, please email me and I will forward it onto you.
M

:lmao: I am glad to see I'm not the only one with spreadsheets. It's hard to remember every little thing, and if I don't write it out when I think about it, I probably never remember again. :rotfl:

ohMom
01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
evenin' cruisers :)

where's Sherry? she LOVES to chat about dinnerwear :lmao: this is the first cruise (I hope!) i won't have to purchase too much in the way of clothing. i have a few nicer dresses, think Kaufmanns, Macys -- same for my DD 14, Taylor. For my youngest DD 10, Limited Too dresses. This is a great time of year for markdowns at Limited Too, not sure about adult dresses. my DH, Preston, will wear a suit/tie for formal and most likely a tweed type jacket for semi. no tux for him :upsidedow

DDs and I just really started looking at excursions tonight. Taylor and I did a horseback riding at Costa Maya, not sure how it would compare to Cozumel? It was slow paced, not really any trotting; but fun in a slow paced way. Gotta look at those dolphin swims in Cozumel. Last year I had it booked well in advance, then hurricanes hit. this time I don't know what's come over me but i did nothing!

i'll be bringing my lanyard and pins to trade. i'm not a fanatic but DDs and I have fun with it.

Corryn
01-16-2007, 08:30 AM
hey OhMom,
my DD's are 13 & 14 and they started a thread...you can direct your daughter over there to the teen board if she wants to chat with my girls and a couple of other teen cruisers (I think they're 13 or 14, too)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1322272&page=2

My friend said something about the horseback riding, but I've heard sooo many good things about XCaret...I'm still undecided.

ohMom
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
corryn -- i'll let my DD know. she's not really into 'dis'time (GASP!) but as time comes closer i'm sure she'd like a little chatting with some gals.

laura1234
01-16-2007, 09:52 PM
M

SourMug,

Your packing list is awesome! I definitely will not forget anything (Though I may need to go out and buy more suitcases). :)

I crown you queen of "The Excel Spreadsheet". :wizard:

Thanks Again! Look forward to meeting you on the ship!

Cyndibear
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know which night will be pirate night? I want to book palo's for that night.

Thanks,
Cyndi

Corryn
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Palo's on Pirate Night?!?!?! Don't you want to AArrrrggghhhh! with the best of us??????

alikat99
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know which night will be pirate night? I want to book palo's for that night.

Thanks,
Cyndi
I think that it's the same night as Grand Cayman. But, I'll see if I can find out for sure!!! Stay tuned!!

alikat99
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok, I checked an October Western Navigator and Pirate night is the same night as Grand Cayman and Twice Charmed (WD Theatre).

Cyndibear
01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the info alikat99!

Corryn, dress up is not our cup of tea, matey. Me thinks planning for a pirate outfit is too complicated. It also seems like it might be an easy night to get Palos. Aaarrrggghh!

Cyndi

Poccio
01-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi All!
I haven't been here for quite awhile and now just noticed there's been some action so I had alot of catching up to do! Here's our refresher info...me, DH & DS (10)

I just checked my navigators from last year and Pirate Night was on Wednesday which was the Cozumel day. I don't know how you could find out for sure, maybe this year it will be different. I agree that Palo would be great on that night. I might be in the minority here but once you've seen the Pirates IN the Carribean party I don't think you'd need to do it again. However, the dinner was very good, you get a bandana and you can keep the actual menu (great scrapbooking material!)

We have our airfare and are arriving in Orlando on Friday too. I haven't booked a hotel yet, I'm checking hotwire everyday for the Hyatt but no luck yet.

I haven't received anything about excursions- when should that have come?! I think we'll try different things this year so I can't wait to get all the information but I have a pretty good idea of what's available. I'll have to wing it since we can start booking Sunday (1/21)

Good luck with all of your reservations!!

Poccio
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM
:yay:

curlybop
01-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Corryn, dress up is not our cup of tea, matey. Me thinks planning for a pirate outfit is too complicated. It also seems like it might be an easy night to get Palos. Aaarrrggghh!Cyndi

:lmao: We have nothing extravagant, just a bit of pirate wear. If anyone needs beaded necklaces, be sure to find us - we'll have plenty. :thumbsup2 Too bad pirate night isn't Tuesday - that will be DD's birthday. She'd have thought they did it all just for her. :cheer2:

Corryn
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Corryn, dress up is not our cup of tea, matey. Me thinks planning for a pirate outfit is too complicated. It also seems like it might be an easy night to get Palos. Aaarrrggghh!

Cyndi

:rotfl: Aye, Cyndi :goodvibes But you talks a good pirate!pirate:

Me and my family booked rooms at the Country Inn and Suites which is one of the new hotels in Port. I asked on the cruise board and Shirley gave me the heads up. We got a room for $129, but with the AAA, it's $116.
I know no matter how late we get there, the kids will haveta hit the pool!:beach:

strega7
01-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi Corryn, Look I made over here on the cruise meets board. I have not recieved any documents yet. I am thinking it is because I booked thru costco. I guess I'll just have to book excursions and stuff based on what I have read on the dis boards. I can't wait to join you all on the cruise, work has been so stressfull lately, I am living for vacation. I'll try and post here more often as apposed to being a lurker. 3 Months to go!!!! yeah. Marci

Corryn
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi Marci,
If you go to DisneyCruiseLine.com and there's a section called My Disney Cruise....It's in very small letters, but it's about an inch from the top of the screen. You go in there and punch in your reservation number and all your information shows up. Then you can view AND BOOK reservations for excursions through the website. Of course, we have to pay off the cruise before booking excursions, but it is very handy dandy. I would also call DCL and tell them that you did not receive any information yet on the cruise. It's a packet hang on I'll go get it to describe it better....

Okay, it's brown with gold lettering. It sorta looks like something we received two years ago.
It says, My Cruise Travel Kit. Inside: A booklet entitled, Ship and Shore Vacation Guides....You open it up and there are 5 little booklets all held together by a rubber band:
Shore Excursion guide for Western Caribbean
Setting Sail on the Disney Magic (ooooh, just writing that gives me chills!)
Gifts
Vacation Protection Plan
Formal Wear

The Excursion guide is what it is...
The Setting Sail guide includes information on Before You Go, Getting Here, Sailing Away and describes all the on-board amenities.
Gifts is about the different baskets and little packages you can order before the cruise to surprise your family.
The vacation protection guide - you can get vacation insurance anywhere. I think we're going to go with a company my friend has used in the past which is $140 for a family of four to cover the vacation costs should anything happen and we can't go.

I'm sorry I'm rambling.....I've got work to do before going to work tomorrow. If you have any other questions, feel free.
But call DCL and get this guide!

Can you believe I'm still Up!!!
Here's the Navigators from last Summer's Western Cruise, if anyone wants to take a look!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr7-ovr-overview.htm
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL%20-%20Navigator-Western%20June06/index.htm

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/Corryns/Disney%20Clip%20Art/SleepyWeb.jpg

ohMom
01-18-2007, 08:05 AM
just my .02 -- i didn't dress 'piratey' for pirate night. but i do agree one viewing of the show is adequate :eek: i'm sure i'll be wrapped up in it all onboard and INSIST on seeing it again!

anyone doing Palo brunch?? we had a disgroup last time and got the back room, it was a good time

not sure what night we'll book Palo yet. we've been talking excursions -- DDs want to dolphin swim so i'm going to check on that here in today or so and hopefully get that booked. DD Paige wants to parasail again at CC. though it may be cheaper to wait and do so at GC, wonder if their would be safety issues there? like not up to par?

thanks for the heads up on the new hotel in port -- we are arriving Fri night too - i may check out that one

Corryn
01-18-2007, 08:39 AM
just my .02 -- though it may be cheaper to wait and do so at GC, wonder if their would be safety issues there? like not up to par?

I think some islands, or even Mexico, you might have to say, hey, is this safe?
But a place like Grand Cayman, I would think you wouldn't have to worry. It's the creme de la creme at Grand Cayman - just from my observations and reading about it in certain magazine articles.....But I'd check anyway.

Cyndibear
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey Corryn,

With your hotel how are you getting to the ship? Do they have a shuttle or are you parking at the port? I forget, are you driving to FL? We have ressies at the Radisson but our price is over $180, they let you keep your car parked at the hotel and shuttle you to the port. If we can get it cheaper, I'm all for that.

Cyndi

Corryn
01-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey Corryn,

With your hotel how are you getting to the ship? Do they have a shuttle or are you parking at the port? I forget, are you driving to FL? We have ressies at the Radisson but our price is over $180, they let you keep your car parked at the hotel and shuttle you to the port. If we can get it cheaper, I'm all for that.

Cyndi
Good Morning, Cyndi :goodvibes
We are arriving on Friday evening at the Orlando Airport and walking over to Budget to rent a car for about $50. We'll drive it to Port Canaveral, park it at the hotel, spend the night.
Then the next morning DH will drive us over to the terminal and he will drive the car over to Budget (their office at Port Canaveral) and drop it off. Budget has a shuttle and it will then shuttle him back over to meet me at the terminal.

When we return from our cruise, he'll take the shuttle over to Budget and rent a different car for $50 and pick us up at the terminal. Then we'll drive over to Orlando and spend the day and then drive over to the airport and drop off the car. So we're spending about $100 to rent a car, but if we took the shuttle, it's $70 per person, so $280.
Country Inns has a rate where they'll let you park the car in their parking lot for the week. The rate for Friday night is $139. That's much cheaper than what you're paying!:scared1:

Cyndibear
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Corryn,

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to research this a little more. DH just said that we really don't have to stay that close to the port! Now, he says something !!! So, I'm gonna check prices for hotels a little further away. Maybe the savings on the hotel will make it about even if we keep car parked at the port.

Cyndi

strega7
01-20-2007, 09:19 PM
for castaway club members, is it in the morning we get to reserve stuff and what time do we get to do it if we live on west coast. Thanks, Marci

Abrakadabra
01-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Have any other CC members been able to make reservations today? I keep getting Javascript errors from the site and it won't log me in - just keeps redisplaying the login screen!

Abrakadabra
01-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Any other CC members on this thread this morning? Have you been able to book reservations on the website? Just a simple yes or no if you please. I'm trying to gather info to prove to the DCL office that it's not just my computer!

strega7
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I got on this morning and was able to book palo and excursions. Good luck, I didn't seem to have any problems. I did have to log in first and then go to retrieve reservations. I don't know if that made a difference or not though. Marci

Kyralyn
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi It's Corryn:goodvibes
Wow, that's great that you guys have your cruise paid off!!!!!
We're making our last payment on 2/5, THEN we can make our ressies!!
Good Luck and Have Fun making your choices!

laura1234
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I tried to make reservations first thing this morning and found out my TA (Costco) has not paid off the cruise. I set it up for automatic payment and just noticed the paperwork said the final payment was 1/22. Costco Travel is closed on Sunday's so I will trying again tomorrow.

ohMom
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
i'm going to book now :) is anyone interested in a group at Palo for lunch?? talked with DH yesterday and we are game if anyone else is

ohMom
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
ok, here's what i booked for Palo:

Day 2 - Key West - Sunday, April 22, 2007
Palo Brunch 10:30AM 12:30PM

Day 4 - Grand Cayman - Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Palo Dinner 7:00PM 9:00PM

oh yea -- i booked our Palo dinner first, then it would only give me the option of brunch on Sunday, Key West day. i wanted to do Monday, day at sea. i may try to call DCL tomorrow and switch. i'm sure it's not booked yet, it was like the system wouldn't let me have any other day

at this time our ressie is early dining; but i'm 95% sure we'll be switching to late dining. I looked at some Key West excursions; but they all are about 12:30 which conflicts with brunch and i just really don't want to be rushed. I think at Key West and GC we are just going to hit the tour spots we want to visit on our own. I"m still trying to catch dolphin discovery about a dolphin swim at Cozumel. I also booked parasailing at 2:30 at CC for the 4 of us; though i'm not sure DH wants too :rotfl2: he left for a business trip today.

how exciting!! it's starting to feel sooooo real now! now to decide where to stay Friday night.

ohMom
01-22-2007, 09:59 AM
anyone here?

just got the royal dolphin swims booked for my DDs and DH through dolphin discovery in Cozume at 1 p.m. anyone know if we are docking or tendering in Cozumel? i would hope the dock is back after Wilma by now?

BlueFalconer
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Myself, DW, 2 DSs and in-laws will be cruising with you guys. This will be our second Disney cruise, but our first 7 day cruise. Very excited. We live in Michigan and was wondering if any others for the Wolverine State were going. Also wanted to know if anyone has any DD/DS that will be in the Oceaneers Club with my boys.

Kyralyn
01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey BlueFalconer!
How old are your children?
My DD's will be in the teen club, but we have a few kids who will be in the Oceaneer's Lab, they're 9, 10 & 11, boys and girls.....

OOh! I just realized I'm accidentally logged on as my daughter! It's Corryn :)

dvc2themax
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Where can I see some door signs to get some ideas?
I am good at organization, but when it comes to imagination and creativity.....:rotfl: Is there a special website to go and make the signs in order to increase the clipart so they are bigger than a 1" by 1"? I tried to expand them using Powerpoint, but they just get fuzzy.

Anyone else doing late dinner?

How about anyone planning to do the horseback excursion in Cozumel?pirate:

See you soon in less than 89 days.... pixiedust:

BlueFalconer
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey BlueFalconer!
How old are your children?

My kids are 5 and 7. They are looking forward to spending a lot of time together in the Oceaneers Club.

ohMom
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM
dvc -- we are switching to late dinner, just haven't made the call. do you want to link our dining? any other later diners? we have DDs age 10 and 14 FYI

and for clipart, i just search and found some i liked. I use my Adobe photoshop program to make my signs, but i would think you could in word too. here's a couple sites to try, or just google like "Nemo" and go under the image section

http://clipart.disneysites.com/index.php

http://www.disneyclips.com/

http://i-love-disney.com/

http://www.themeparks.com/library/index.php?cat=15

blue -- buckeye through and through here but happy to :welcome: you to our cruise :) My DDs will be at the Stack and O Lab.

alikat99
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone - I'm back from my mom's weekend at WDW. What a blast and the weather here in Florida is spectacular. Usually, we expect temps in the 60s/70s during January, but we enjoyed upper 70s/80s this weekend. My northern friends LOVED it!!!

I had DH get up on the 21st and make our Palo ressies for brunch and dinner. Anyone else going to be at Palo Monday (4/23) at 10:30am for brunch or Wednesday (4/25) at 6:00pm for dinner???

I also made a ressie for the spa for a hot stone massage. I'm not much of a spa person, but I could REALLY use a massage for my upper back, neck, shoulders, so I figured it couldn't get much better than getting it done on the Magic.

As for excursions, we're just trying to figure out Cozumel, since we've made our decisions about GC and KW. Any suggestions about what to do with an almost 3yo and a 5yo??? We might just go to the beach for a little bit.

Cyndibear
01-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome Blue Falconer!

We booked Palo for 4-24 at 7:30pm. I want to try to book brunch on 4-23. Hope it works out.

Welcome back Alikat99. It's nice to hear you had a great time and wonderful weather. I can't wait till we can move to FL and plan quick trips like you did.

Cyndi

BlueFalconer
01-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Quick question ... am I to assume that since I can't select Palo Brunch and only Dinner that the brunch ressies are all taken for now?

alikat99
01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Quick question ... am I to assume that since I can't select Palo Brunch and only Dinner that the brunch ressies are all taken for now?
Yes, that's my understanding. So, if you really want brunch, make sure to get to the port somewhat early and go straight to the clubs where they are making brunch ressies.

laura1234
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I tried booking Palo brunch on Monday and there was only one time slot left which overlapped with one of our excursions. So it's just Dinner for us. :eek:

There were lots of choices for Palo dinner left as of Monday.

laura1234
01-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Quick Question for fellow cruisers...

Has anyone received any documentation on the April cruise yet? (excursion info, etc...)

I booked thru Costco, the only paper I've received thus far is a bill.

:rotfl:

alikat99
01-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Quick Question for fellow cruisers...

Has anyone received any documentation on the April cruise yet? (excursion info, etc...)

I booked thru Costco, the only paper I've received thus far is a bill.

:rotfl:
We booked directly through DCL while onboard a while back and we got an excursion booklet quite a while ago. I just took a look at it and it says that it was printed on Nov 22nd.