PDA

View Full Version : Are baby seats required in taxi's?

janeyb
11-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Are baby seats required in taxi's? My husband and I are taking our daughter (who will be 16 months), to Disney in January. As we are staying in a resort hotel (AKL) we were just planning on using buses to/from parks and a taxi transfer to/from airport.

Does anyone know if we will have to take a car seat just to transport her in the taxi or can she sit on our lap? Not sure of florida laws!

Also, has anyone stayed in a resort with a baby? Will we be able to obtain baby food, fruit, milk etc easily for her as I read that you can't take it into the country?

KayleeUK
11-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the DIS :wave:

I would be interested in this answer as we will be taking our baby next October. Check out the Disney for Families forum for some tips too.

Don't forget to join us on the UK Community Board:)

Miffy2003
11-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi Janey,

I think Florda law states any child under the age of 6 has to be safely restrained (ie in child seat).

It may be possible for you to arrange a transfer with someone who can arrange to have a seat for you though :)

I am sure there was a thread about this before so I will try and dig it out for you.

Karen

PS Welcome to the Dis :)

disneyholic family
11-26-2005, 01:23 PM
since you're staying at the AKL why don't you use the Disney Magical Express bus service from the airport to the resort and back?...

no child restraints are required on buses...so you won't have to worry about whether they're required on taxis or not...

Miffy2003
11-26-2005, 01:24 PM
This thread should answer your question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=811537&highlight=baby+seats+car

It takes about 30 mins or so to get to AKL from the airport along fastish roads so I would personally recommend a car seat anyway :)

Miffy2003
11-26-2005, 01:26 PM
since you're staying at the AKL why don't you use the Disney Magical Express bus service from the airport to the resort and back?...

no child restraints are required on buses...so you won't have to worry about whether they're required on taxis or not...

That's a great idea if you are flying into Orlando International :)

Cyrano
11-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi janeyb and wlcome to DIS board :wave2:

janeyb
11-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks Beth,
We have checked this out by calling Disney direct and as we have not booked directly (we booked through expedia), we are unable to make use of this service.

Thanks for the comment though, I just don't want anyone else to think that this may be an option

disneyholic family
11-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks Beth,
We have checked this out by calling Disney direct and as we have not booked directly (we booked through expedia), we are unable to make use of this service.

Thanks for the comment though, I just don't want anyone else to think that this may be an option

that's a shame..
so a taxi it is....(or a town car if you like to travel in a bit more style)..

catherine
11-27-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you book a travel car to pick you at the airport you can request a baby seat. I know that when our DD's were younger and needed baby seats we used to take our own!

Minniespal
11-27-2005, 08:23 AM
:wave: Welcome to the Dis :flower: