PDA

View Full Version : which off-site resort

heatherbelle
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi

I'm going again, can't believe it. Santa is bringing me some tickets for Oct 06.

Anyway, I've been looking at resorts. The regal palms looks nice, with it's fancy pool etc. Are there any other resorts that anyone could recommend. We're going for 3 weeks, and there are 3 of us.

We can't afford to stay on-site. I'm looking to pay around 400 - 450 per week sterling.

jns
11-24-2005, 05:58 PM
have you tried the AP discounts
Value Resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) - $64 standard
Moderate Resorts - $104 standard

expedia is a good site to get prices on

Miffy2003
11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Check out www.hotelkingdom.com for some great prices for offsite resorts :)

squitty
11-25-2005, 12:50 PM
As Karen has said above, give hotel kingdom a try for off site. We have booked with them twice for Cypress Pointe. Great place and excellent location.

tim june and sam
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
After a 17-day stay in October, we'd really recommend the Marriott Village at LBV. Consists of three hotels (of sorts) in a courtyard area with shared facilities.

Courtyard by Marriott is the highest standard and price, Springhill Suites is self-accom suites style and Fairfield Inn is more budget. We chose the Fairfield as it included a free breakfast offer, but reality was you could use all three's facilities - three pools, three lots of amenities.

We are three too - rooms were very clean and modern, staff were great and position was good too - close to shops, restaurants, I4 and south end of I-Drive for getting around inall directions and just five minutes to Downtown Disney.

We'd definitely go back and wouldn't pick a budget Disney hotel over it given the benefits of a 14/21 day Disney ticket options that are now available.

Thats our 10c.... ::MickeyMo

Laurafoster
11-26-2005, 04:30 AM
You may not be able to afford to stay on site but have you looked at one of the downtown disney area's? They are a lot cheaper than Disney we stayed in the marriott (which is now actually a holiday inn) in december a year or so ago and all 3 of us stayed for 2 weeks for 1000! worth having a look, they also do the free transfers but you can walk to DTD or crossroads!

Miffy2003
11-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Or what about a mix? A week on and a week offsite? Lots of benefits to that :)

When I actually priced up a WDW onsite hotel I was very plasantly surprised by how affordable it was (as I had heard they were rather pricey). Funnily enough, we were booked at the Courtyard Laura mentions above at DTD (now a Holiday Inn) and it was only an extra 25 each for the entire trip to move to All Star Movies.

What I am saying is, do look at all the options :goodvibes

Graeme
11-26-2005, 07:42 AM
If you go regularly you could consider timeshare. I bought a dirt cheap one, which in turn allows you to join Interval International and exchange or buy surplus weeks.
I've exchanged weeks and stayed at OKW, BWV and been offered Wilderness Lodge villas, which have all worked out very cheap. (eg. 2 weeks in OKW 1 bed villa for about 800)
In October we had a week in Marriot's Grande Vista, (which we chose over WL because it's such a good hotel), and got a four person studio for about 120.

heatherbelle
11-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for these. Sorry I didn't make myself clear

I don't want to stay on-site, as the rooms don't have fridges or microwaves etc. Plus we also like to spend time at the other parks as well. Also the food on site is very expensive.

Last year we stayed at country inn and suites at LBV and paid 400.00 stirling for 2 weeks which was excellant value.

This time, we wanted somewhere with a few more lesuire activities, and with kitchen facilities, and are prepared to pay more.

Miffy2003
11-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi Heather,

In that case, definitely check out the link I gave you above - it has lots of accommodation (very reasonable) for 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with kitchens etc :)

Red-Snapper
11-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Vistana Villages on the bottom end of I Drive is nice - especially the 2 bed suites er.. not sure of the price range though.

maggs
11-26-2005, 05:24 PM
We are staying again at Homewood Suites on I Drive. Its an amazing 3 star hotel - No6 on Tripadvisor and I cant wait to go back. We are paying 58 per night for a wonderful suite, full buffet breakfast and evening reception - thats for 3!! Its the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I cant recommend it highly enough

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d217360-Reviews-Homewood_Suites_Orlando_International_Drive_Conven tion_Center-Orlando_Florida.html

Maggs