PDA

View Full Version : Should i change

lgp1
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I was planning to go to Florida Sept/Oct 2006.My qestion is should i go in May
and if so when are crowds lowest,beginning of May or end.The reason i'm thinking of changing is because no hurricane threat in May[i hope].
Thanks.

paulh
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
we have been most times of year end of may begining of june are our favs as its hot but humidity hasent quite kicked in croweds are not to bad except for memoral weekend anytime is good but would avoid july as hot hot and stickey
Paulh

Laurafoster
11-22-2005, 04:53 PM
It really is upto you but we have been 5 times in sept and have had 2 hurricane "threats" the first was last yeah - hurricane Jeanne did hit us and we were stuck in the hotel all day - but Disney laid on loads on entertainment etc so it wasnt so bad - the second was this year - didnt get hit but had a days bad weather - a bit humid and cloudy but that was it - we went for nearly 3 weeks so 1 days bad weather did not bother us. There were pretty much no crouds - we walked straight onto most rides and the weather was great!

If the hurricane risk bothers you then the end of may is also quite a nice time - as PaulH mentioned the crouds are light and the weather is gd too! Whatever way you go im sure you'll have a great time!

JohnnySharp2
11-23-2005, 01:45 AM
There is always some element of risk in Sept/Oct - although we have been a couple of times then and never had any problems.

In terms of weather both are very similar as you should not get the really hot temperatures of the summer months either way.

Agree definitely aviod July - we are stuck with August because of the school holidays.

Personally if you really want to go Spetember or October I would not change that because of the possible hurricane threar.

gilld
11-23-2005, 02:08 AM
We went in September this year and it was really great. We only had one daytime shower, though we did have one very dull day due to hurricane passing.

The crowds were amazingly low and we never once queued more than 5 mins. Flights were cheap too.

~Piglet~
11-23-2005, 07:37 AM
We went last year from 10th May until 28th May. I can't compare it to any other time of year as we have only been once (so far :) ) but we never had to queue for more than ten minutes for the most popular rides and hardly any queing at all for others.

Weather was hot and only two bouts of rain, one for twenty minutes the other for a couple of hours.

disneyholic family
11-23-2005, 08:27 AM
we went in september for the first time this year and it was wonderful....the parks were empty and while it was still hot, it was nice hot not unbearable hot...

if you're that worried about hurricanes, then change to May.....early May is probably better than the end of May, since lots of people take their kids out of school around memorial day (since it's so close to the end of the school year they just don't care about missing school at that point)...we once went towards the end of May and were shocked by the crowds....

MazdaUK
11-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Our friends went at the end of May and said the last week in May was very busy, lots of Brits with kids out for 1/2 term as well as Americans for Labour Day.

Queenie
11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I've been twice in Sept/Oct. Last year we got caught in Jeanne but it just meant we had to stay in the apartment for the day, quite relaxing really. This year there was a dull day when one passed up the East Coast but it never gave us any bother.

Try not to worry about them too much.

Laurafoster
11-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I've been twice in Sept/Oct. Last year we got caught in Jeanne but it just meant we had to stay in the apartment for the day, quite relaxing really. This year there was a dull day when one passed up the East Coast but it never gave us any bother.

Try not to worry about them too much.

LOL, sounds like you went about the same time as we did this year and last year! :goodvibes

Red-Snapper
11-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Our friends went at the end of May and said the last week in May was very busy, lots of Brits with kids out for 1/2 term as well as Americans for Labour Day.

Labor day is usually first Monday in September I think.

:)

lgp1
11-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone,looks like we're going in Sept/Oct

Rain
11-27-2005, 02:52 AM
We went this October and met up with Hurricaine Wilma, We had a few days rain too. I prefer May but whenever you decide you will still have a great time.

tartangirl
11-27-2005, 02:55 AM
I would choose May every time.

I would worry about hurricanes in September even though it's unlikely they will affect you and I think the weather in May would be better (drier).

If you aren't constrained by school holidays aim for late April/early May

lgp1
11-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I would choose May every time.

I would worry about hurricanes in September even though it's unlikely they will affect you and I think the weather in May would be better (drier).

If you aren't constrained by school holidays aim for late April/early May
Tartangirl are the crowds low at that time of year[late April/earlyMay?
thanks

tartangirl
11-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Crowds are quieter in September according to http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

With a bit of forward planning they'll not be a problem at either time of year.

lgp1
11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Crowds are quieter in September according to http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

With a bit of forward planning they'll not be a problem at either time of year.
Thanks.