PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Celebrities

Scottwdw
11-22-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't get much chance at taking pictures (well, good ones that is) of celebrities but, at this year's New York State Fair, Charlie Daniels was the free concert and people were allowed to come right up to the stage to take some pictures. This one was my favorite.

http://pscalculator.net/images/photos/cd.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200 @ full zoom

MicMin
11-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Great photo! :)

CharlesTD
11-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Very nice picture Scott oh and BTW

GO HABS GO

MICKEY88
11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Brady Seals from his Little Texas days..http://images15.fotki.com/v232/photos/8/86568/2891444/Brady-vi.jpg

MICKEY88
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Dwayne O'Brien..Little Texas...

http://images12.fotki.com/v212/photos/8/86568/2891444/DWAYNE-vi.jpg

Scottwdw
11-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Very nice picture Scott oh and BTW

GO HABS GO

Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.

ducklite
11-23-2005, 07:27 AM
I actually take photo's of musicians professionally.

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/kws/syracuse/images/DSC_0855.jpg

Technically it's not a good photo, but it's just kinda cool :)

The other two were either taken with flash which washed out the subject, or they were altered with Photoshop to sharpen them which washed them out.

Please take this as it's meant--as constructive criticism! I have two mentors who criticize my work, and it's healped me tremendously!!!

Anne

CharlesTD
11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.

Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.

MICKEY88
11-23-2005, 09:25 AM
ducklite

your mail box is full

Scottwdw
11-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.

Well, if any of your party drops out, let me know! :D They play at Buffalo this Friday and then Toronto on Saturday. I hope they beat the Leafs there since they've beat us both times at the Bell Center.

Scottwdw
11-23-2005, 10:03 AM

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:

Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. :charac2: I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?

MICKEY88
11-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. :charac2: I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?

if you have good editing software it's real easy to select his face and lighten it a little...

I like the shot the way it is, it has more of a real feeling, if it was too perfect it would look more like a studip shot..

Geoff_M
11-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Paul Newman's a pretty nice guy. I've gotten to chat with him a couple of times over the years.

http://www.maxmph.com/images/2004/roadamerica/Aug08_0039.jpg

ducklite
11-23-2005, 11:45 AM
ducklite

your mail box is full

Thanks for letting me know--it's all good now :)

Anne

Aliki
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Do NY Yankee players count? I snapped these while they were warming up, prior to a game.

Pitcher Mike Mussina:
http://static.flickr.com/12/16140330_6abd3c6444.jpg

Captain Derek Jeter:
http://static.flickr.com/13/16140331_cf433aab11.jpg

Closing pitcher Mariano Rivera:
http://static.flickr.com/10/16140332_eefddbf67b.jpg

Scottwdw
11-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Sure! That's a great pic of Rivera! The cloudy day really brought out the colors. Thanks for sharing!

MICKEY88
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/kws/syracuse/images/DSC_0855.jpg

Technically it's not a good photo, but it's just kinda cool :)

The other two were either taken with flash which washed out the subject, or they were altered with Photoshop to sharpen them which washed them out.

Please take this as it's meant--as constructive criticism! I have two mentors who criticize my work, and it's healped me tremendously!!!

Anne

are you referring to the 2 pics of the Little Texas guys

ducklite
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
are you referring to the 2 pics of the Little Texas guys

Yes. I like the one of the guy on the keyboard, it's a great "opportunity" shot. :) But it looks very washed out to me, like you used a flash. You can see the reflection of it (or something) on the keyboard. The other one looks like you used the "Sharpen" feature in Photoshop which caused a lot of pixilation. Maybe it was just when you scanned them? Composition wise they are both great photo's though :)

Anne

PS--I'll post some of my photo's tonight--but some of my best work isn't on my site yet. I've got a photo of Scott Weiland that's amazing :)

ducklite
11-23-2005, 04:51 PM
BTW--Here's another shot that I LOVE, but technically I blew it. Anyone want to guess why Stone will never publish it?

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/dnd/edbd05/images/PICT0247.jpg

Corey Lowery of Dark New Day.

Anne

MICKEY88
11-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes. I like the one of the guy on the keyboard, it's a great "opportunity" shot. :) But it looks very washed out to me, like you used a flash. You can see the reflection of it (or something) on the keyboard. The other one looks like you used the "Sharpen" feature in Photoshop which caused a lot of pixilation. Maybe it was just when you scanned them? Composition wise they are both great photo's though :)

Anne

PS--I'll post some of my photo's tonight--but some of my best work isn't on my site yet. I've got a photo of Scott Weiland that's amazing :)

I don't remember if I used flash or not, but that's not the problem shot with a Minolta 9000 and the 4000 autoflash, the exposure was right on the money, the problem is 3fold...first the heavy colored lighting that Hersheypark uses for their stage shows{cause of reflections} 2nd...auto printing machine that tried to turn a black background to 18% grey, which in turn washes out the subject, and causes graininess same as pixilation in the digital world

third a quick scan before I posted these,

the enlargements I have ,and the final prints that went to Little Texas looked much better,

I'm curious as to why you think yor pic is not technically a good picture...

exposure is good, good use of selective focus, and good framing, hair caught up, shows action...of the moment..

zakatak
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Ducklite,

Is it his fingers? Isn't that a bad sign or something now a days?

ducklite
11-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Ducklite,

Is it his fingers? Isn't that a bad sign or something now a days?

It is his fingers. Nothing wrong with what he's doing with them, but I cut them off. Bad me. :(

Anne

ducklite
11-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't remember if I used flash or not, but that's not the problem shot with a Minolta 9000 and the 4000 autoflash, the exposure was right on the money, the problem is 3fold...first the heavy colored lighting that Hersheypark uses for their stage shows{cause of reflections} 2nd...auto printing machine that tried to turn a black background to 18% grey, which in turn washes out the subject, and causes graininess same as pixilation in the digital world

third a quick scan before I posted these,

the enlargements I have ,and the final prints that went to Little Texas looked much better,

Ah--the printing is probably the cause of what I'm seeing, and would explain it all. Are you shooting digital now? It's great--squeeze off 1000 shots, throw away 980 of them, and life is good! Also lots of heavily colored lights can be a good thing... Case in point:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/staind/DSC_0169.JPG

Staind

The best way to get the shot is to block it out so the light is behind the subject.

I'm curious as to why you think yor pic is not technically a good picture...

exposure is good, good use of selective focus, and good framing, hair caught up, shows action...of the moment..

Well, I'm not fond of naturally lit rock band photo's. Personal thing, I'd rather get the vivid colors of the stage lighting and dry ice or liquid fog setting the shot. I have a ton of shots with hair flying. In fact so many that sometimes I feel like it's passe. It's also significantly more challenging to get the shots with the stage lighting, and I like a challenge. :)

Anne

MICKEY88
11-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Ah--the printing is probably the cause of what I'm seeing, and would explain it all. Are you shooting digital now? It's great--squeeze off 1000 shots, throw away 980 of them, and life is good! Also lots of heavily colored lights can be a good thing... Case in point:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/staind/DSC_0169.JPG

Staind

The best way to get the shot is to block it out so the light is behind the subject.

Well, I'm not fond of naturally lit rock band photo's. Personal thing, I'd rather get the vivid colors of the stage lighting and dry ice or liquid fog setting the shot. I have a ton of shots with hair flying. In fact so many that sometimes I feel like it's passe. It's also significantly more challenging to get the shots with the stage lighting, and I like a challenge. :)

Anne

yes I'm shooting digital now, it's definitely so much better,,in June I shot over 700 pics at my nieces wedding, it was great to be able to share them with family online the very next day, plus the fact that it cost absolutely nothing to shot them always helps..

the problem with the lighting on the Hersheypark stage is they have it coming from all directions, so there's no way to put it behind the subject..

I used to shoot bands professionally, I had connections with 2 entertainment managers, they both managed bands that played the nightclub circuit from Atlantic City to Florida, with one band from California..whenever one of their bands was near Central PA, they'd call and I'd go shoot action shots while they were performing at night, and set up an afternoon shoot for their formal promo 8x10s.

it got bad when I became close to some of the band members, and I'd end up watching them perform every night for 2 weeks straight 'till 2 AM then go to bed at 3 and get up for work at my day job at 6,

I eventually decided that sleep wasn't highly over rated, and stopped the band photography...LOL

ducklite
11-24-2005, 08:37 AM
the problem with the lighting on the Hersheypark stage is they have it coming from all directions, so there's no way to put it behind the subject..

Hershey Park doesn't own or rent a house lighting or PA system. The sound and lights are brought in individually for each show by the artist. Most acts these days have long forgone the standard two truss upstage/single truss downstage with conventional instruments for either entirely intelligent lighting or a combination. Intelligent lighting provides the ability to carry less instruments while still obtaining a creative show. It also allows the lighting designer to place lighting around the stage in more random patterns as intelligent lighting doesn't always require the use of trussing and rig points.

I actually prefer the effect of intelligent lighting on my photo's. The colors have a richer hue and are more vivid, and because there are less instruments there is somewhat less light to begin with, thus less "wash out". The light that they do use is more focused and specific, so there's still plenty to shoot with. :)

When you are in the photo pit you can usually move an inch or two to put the lighting instrument behind the artist for a great backlit effect like the shot I showed above. Here's a photo where I allowed the light to come through for an interesting effect:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/velvet/edbd05/images/PICT0759.jpg
Velvet Revolver

Same shot a second or two later with Slash's leg blocking the lihgt:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/velvet/edbd05/images/PICT0758.jpg

I prefer the first one, others have preferred the second.

This show used a combination of intelligent and conventional lighting instruments.

BTW--They were both taken with a MInolta DiMage Z-1. The earlier shots of Staind and Kenny Wayne Shepherd were taken with a NIkon D-70.

Anne

Muushka
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't have any 'famous people' to share, but I have enjoyed looking at the ones posted. Thanks all.....

PS I really appreciate reading the constructive criticism, it helps to see what makes a good picture.
Oh, and I guessed it was the cut off fingers!!! :cool1:

MICKEY88
11-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Hershey Park doesn't own or rent a house lighting or PA system. The sound and lights are brought in individually for each show by the artist. Most acts these days have long forgone the standard two truss upstage/single truss downstage with conventional instruments for either entirely intelligent lighting or a combination. Intelligent lighting provides the ability to carry less instruments while still obtaining a creative show. It also allows the lighting designer to place lighting around the stage in more random patterns as intelligent lighting doesn't always require the use of trussing and rig points.

I actually prefer the effect of intelligent lighting on my photo's. The colors have a richer hue and are more vivid, and because there are less instruments there is somewhat less light to begin with, thus less "wash out". The light that they do use is more focused and specific, so there's still plenty to shoot with. :)

When you are in the photo pit you can usually move an inch or two to put the lighting instrument behind the artist for a great backlit effect like the shot I showed above. Here's a photo where I allowed the light to come through for an interesting effect:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/velvet/edbd05/images/PICT0759.jpg
Velvet Revolver

Same shot a second or two later with Slash's leg blocking the lihgt:

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/velvet/edbd05/images/PICT0758.jpg

I prefer the first one, others have preferred the second.

This show used a combination of intelligent and conventional lighting instruments.

BTW--They were both taken with a MInolta DiMage Z-1. The earlier shots of Staind and Kenny Wayne Shepherd were taken with a NIkon D-70.

Anne

you are talking about Hershey Stadium concerts,,

HERSHEYPARK has their own lighting and sound systems in the MUSIC BOX THEATER,Amphitheatre and The VF Outlet Country Grill,, bands that perform in the Amphitheatre, have to come on early their first day in the park to set up and do a sound check with the Hersheypark guy that runs lights and sound.., Little Texas performed inside the park, in the Amphitheatre, lights coming at them from all directions, and once one is seated, they prefer you don't walk around in front of the stage, so these were shot from my seat..

ducklite
11-25-2005, 05:26 AM
you are talking about Hershey Stadium concerts,,

HERSHEYPARK has their own lighting and sound systems in the MUSIC BOX THEATER,Amphitheatre and The VF Outlet Country Grill,, bands that perform in the Amphitheatre, have to come on early their first day in the park to set up and do a sound check with the Hersheypark guy that runs lights and sound.., Little Texas performed inside the park, in the Amphitheatre, lights coming at them from all directions, and once one is seated, they prefer you don't walk around in front of the stage, so these were shot from my seat..

OK, sorry, I thought you meant the bigger venues. I generally don't work with bands that I don't have a photopass with full access to a photo pit. But I still say that even with restrictions, you can work around the lighting. It isn't easy, and takes a LOT of practice. I'm shooting Drowning Pool and Dark New Day tonight at Hard Rock Live, should be an interesting show. I'm not all that familiar with Drowning Pool, Dark New Day is a favorite to photograph. :)

Anne

crazyme5kids
11-25-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm enjoying looking at all these pictures! I used to take pictures of bands all the time (a long time ago lol). Though not always technically great, they make for nice memories. I keep thinking one of these days I'll get back into it. I'm still trying to get used to digital. Anne, it is so true what you said, shoot 1000 pictures and get 20 great shots. Nice not having to spend money on developing those other 800 not so great shots lol.

I wish I had saved a picture on my computer that my husband sent me. My son is a huge Lord of the Rings fan. Well, my husband sends this picture of him and some guy, he said, "Show this to Zachary, he'll get a big kick out of it.". I'm looking at it and don't have a clue who the other guy is. I'm thinking, maybe someone he works with? I call Zach over and tell him Daddy sent this for you, blah,blah,blah. He's looking and doesn't have a clue. My other son walks over takes one look and rattles off a name. Turns out it was one of the actors in LOTR. It was just too funny the way both of us were sitting there trying to figure it out.
We have a bunch of pictures of my husband with different celebraties, but his favorite is one with Paul McCartney.

MICKEY88
11-25-2005, 11:49 PM
I stumbled upon this old pic while looking for something else earlier tonight, so I scanned it to share..it's Eddie Murphy coming off of his bus on the Set of The Distinguished Gentleman, parts were filmed in DC, but most of it was actually filmed in the Pennsylvania Capitol..

http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/8/86568/2901344/EDDIEMURPHYB-vi.jpg

ducklite
11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Here's a couple shots I took last night at Hard Rock Live in Orlando. This is Dark New Day.

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/dnd/hrl1105/images/DSC_2700.jpg

http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/dnd/hrl1105/images/DSC_2542.jpg

These were taken with a Nikon D-70, no flash, and I believe I used an 80-200 for both.

Anne

Razor Roman
12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.tcnj.edu/~sohor/photog/10.jpg
Lt Col Oliver North, Mark Levin, David Limbaugh (Rush's brother), and Sean Hannity

from the Hannity Freedom Concert, an annual event he hosts at Six Flags Great Adventure (the only day of the year I'd ever go there) to raise money for the Freedom Alliance Scholarship for the children of killed servicemen & women.

Magix
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Geoff M - looks like we shoot the same racing series :cool:

http://www.cheryljonesphoto.com/P05-43.jpg

ducklite
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/audioslave/hrl/images/DSC_0849.jpg

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden/Audioslave. The quality has been degraded and watermark across the center as too much of my work ahs been ripped off lately. :(

Anne

MICKEY88
12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.flamingolegs.com/bands/audioslave/hrl/images/DSC_0849.jpg

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden/Audioslave. The quality has been degraded and watermark across the center as too much of my work ahs been ripped off lately. :(

Anne

do you embed your info in the image to prove it's yours in case of theft..??

ducklite
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
do you embed your info in the image to prove it's yours in case of theft..??

I have started to, and am going back and adding it to all my previous work. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Anne

AllyandJack
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/OneL99/100_01112.jpg

Thorsten Kaye from Super Soap. I figured he'd look in black and white. :goodvibes

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/OneL99/100_01222.jpg

Cameron Matheson at Super Soap.

MICKEY88
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
I have started to, and am going back and adding it to all my previous work. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Anne

just a sign of the times we are living in....too many people think if it's not chained fast it's up for grabs...

Magix
12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
just a sign of the times we are living in....too many people think if it's not chained fast it's up for grabs...

Ain't that the truth! I just ended up having someone I know kicked off MySpace for using one of my photos without my permission in his profile. I told him to take it down and he refused. I hate when people wag their ignorance of copyright laws in your face.

You've got to fight it when you find it!

ducklite
12-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Ain't that the truth! I just ended up having someone I know kicked off MySpace for using one of my photos without my permission in his profile. I told him to take it down and he refused. I hate when people wag their ignorance of copyright laws in your face.

You've got to fight it when you find it!

Tell me about it. I just ended up having a girls entire web site removed beause she stole my photo's. What a fiasco. I also got the legal guys at Roadrunner records after her--she had ripped one of their bands CD's and was offering the MP3's of it for download.

Anne

Kelly Grannell
12-31-2005, 08:14 AM
But all the thief needs to do is apply a couple of filters and here's the result:

(removed as per copyright holder's request)

I admit it's crude, but I was only using presets and about 10 seconds of my time. Because of this, I don't even care about putting watermarks. I have my original file, the EXIF data is there. They are enough proofs that I own the pictures (I've issued several cease and desists actions against several websited and larger companies just based on EXIF data and the high-res files I own)

ducklite
12-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Kelly, please remove that photo. If you want to show the concept with another photo, I"ll give you one that I do'nt care about. Thanks.

Anne

Kelly Grannell
12-31-2005, 12:42 PM
removed... but still, no matter what you and I want to do, anybody with 10 seconds in their hand can remove whatever watermark we want to embed on our pictures.

ducklite
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I know that and you know that, but the people with crappy fan sites are usually not that sophisticated and those are the ones who don't ask--and the places you do'nt want your work appearing.

Thanks for removing it :)

Anne

Kelly Grannell
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
No probs, Anne! My apologies for not asking your permission beforehand.

Too bad, however, in my experience, the ones who stole my stock photos were the larger companies. I ended up paying more for the lawyers :(

wvjovifan
12-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Jon Bon Jovi...from the 2nd row in Philly, Dec 2, 2005!!!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/wvjovifan/IMG_1407.jpg

TheLionKing
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
If you are really worried about your photos being ripped off, then you should send thumbnails and register them at the copyright office.

http://www.copyright.gov/forms/formva.pdf (form link)

Of course you own the copyright the instant you take the photo, but by registering the image, you give yourself the maximum protection and if you get into a dispute and it goes to litigation, your lawyer's fees are covered.

He may not be famous to many people, but this is Andy Irons the 2004 world champion surfer at Pipeline December 2005.

http://www.pbase.com/sbdigitalimages/image/53663411.jpg

ducklite
01-01-2006, 05:32 PM
No probs, Anne! My apologies for not asking your permission beforehand.

Too bad, however, in my experience, the ones who stole my stock photos were the larger companies. I ended up paying more for the lawyers :(

Fortunately the type of work I do involves a lot of respect betewen all the parties involved, and I've only a few times had my owrk "borrowed" by a major label band, and even in that case they put something on their web site and gave me credit but no cash. In all honesty I can live with that, if it's a band I'm a fan of (which is most of the bands I photograph--I try to stay within a comfort zone.) I shot Sevendust last night and got some AMAZING photo's, unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish them except within the boundaries established by the contract I had to execute with their management company.

I'm still paying my dues, and the real money will come with print--CD liner notes and covers.

Anne

ducklite
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
If you are really worried about your photos being ripped off, then you should send thumbnails and register them at the copyright office.

Of course you own the copyright the instant you take the photo, but by registering the image, you give yourself the maximum protection and if you get into a dispute and it goes to litigation, your lawyer's fees are covered.

He may not be famous to many people, but this is Andy Irons the 2004 world champion surfer at Pipeline December 2005.

That's an AWESOME photo! Unfortunately registering all my work would be prohibitive, I shoot on average six concerts a month, on average three bands per concert. The number of actual photo's varies show to show, last night I had four bands, and I shot 850 photo's, of which 600 will be archived and probably 80-100 have the potential for future print publication.

Anne

TheLionKing
01-01-2006, 11:16 PM
It costs you 30 dollars to register a DVD of images, not 30 dollars per image. The images can be compressed JPEGs. You can literally put 100s of images on a DVD, send it in with the form and 30 dollars and you are protected.

Anyone with deep pockets and half a brain who is told that an image is registered will quickly settle as the statutory fine is up to 150,000 dollar per unlawful image use + lawyer's fees.

You would be foolish not to do this.

ducklite
01-02-2006, 08:09 AM
It costs you 30 dollars to register a DVD of images, not 30 dollars per image. The images can be compressed JPEGs. You can literally put 100s of images on a DVD, send it in with the form and 30 dollars and you are protected.

Anyone with deep pockets and half a brain who is told that an image is registered will quickly settle as the statutory fine is up to 150,000 dollar per unlawful image use + lawyer's fees.

You would be foolish not to do this.

Ahhh...OK, I can fit probably 2000 compressed thumbnails on a DVD. You're right, for $30 every 3 months I can keep it all registered, and that's affordable.

But my problem is more with the half brain twits who build "fan sites" and steal everything, and have no money, no insurance, and no clue. In those cases I generally get the work removed by telling their ISP that I'll be naming them in the lawsuit. Once they get that fax it takes about an hour and it's down LOL!

I do sometimes let the builders of really high end fan sites use a couple photo's if they ask in advance, give me credit, and I'm contractually able. The Shallow Bay--the Breaking Benjamin Underground is a perfect example of this, as the band supports the site more than they do the one the label built for them.

Anne

DramaQueen
01-02-2006, 06:40 PM
I saw James Marsters(Spike on Buffy & Angel) and Elijah Wood at a Sci-Fi convention this past summer. It was awesome.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/x__hollywood/IMG_6592.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/x__hollywood/IMG_6564.jpg

keahgirl8
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
wvjovifan, you lucky person! I LOVE Bon Jovi!

P.S. Did you see the WV game last night! It was a nail-biter! :cheer2:

txgirl
01-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Looks like you could easily make a career change! Awesome pic's!

SyracuseWolvrine
01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Mike Love (yes, the beach boy) performing at Epcot

http://www.eric-abrams.net/pictures/data/media/26/IMG_0040.JPG

http://www.eric-abrams.net/pictures/data/media/26/IMG_0066.JPG

(The first one I'm not terribly happy with, the 2nd one seems, at least to me, to be a much better picture)

brandip22
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
great pics all! I have none to share, but I appreciate you all sharing those. There are some awesome photgraphers here!

Kelly Grannell
01-11-2006, 06:05 PM

:scared1: FREAKIN' AWESOME !!! :scared1:

:faint:

ducklite
01-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Here's a couple new ones:

Aaron Lewis of Staind:
http://www.flamingolegs.com/portfolio/images/aaronlewis.jpg

Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust:
http://www.flamingolegs.com/portfolio/images/ljwitherspoon.jpg

Slash of Velvet Revolver:
http://www.flamingolegs.com/portfolio/images/slash.jpg

Anne

handicap18
01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I haven't come across a lot of famous people in my days other than sports figures. I have a lot of good pic's of Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Patriots but I think they're all on film and my scanner is not hooked up.

This one I have of myself and Tony Gwynn, future Hall of Fame Baseball player from the San Diego Padres. This was taken with my Canon S30 2 years ago at my companies national sales meeting.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/handicap18/105-0568_IMG.jpg

I actually forgot about a web site I started to create about 5 or 6 years ago for my love of sports. I have some of my Sox and Celtics pics there if your interested. If not no big deal. They're all scanned images so quality isn't great.
Kyle's Sports Page (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/6457/index.html)

DebIreland
01-23-2006, 05:36 AM
My sons with Jimmy Page. He dropped in for dinner one night. Nah!! Just kidding. We were very lucky to meet him at a local exhibition opening recently. My eldest (left) is a HUGE fan and has all the Led Zep riffs down :teeth: but my youngest was very nervous. They were both thrilled to meet him though. He was such a gentleman :cool1:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/DebIreland/Stuff/BoysJimmyPage.jpg

dturner
01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Jon Bon Jovi...from the 2nd row in Philly, Dec 2, 2005!!!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/wvjovifan/IMG_1407.jpg

Great pic!!! Here's my photo of Jon - taken in 1980-81 at a small club in Dallas right as the Runaway video came out on MTV. It's been scanned into the computer.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/dturnerpgmipl/JonBonJovi3Edited.jpg

dturner
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Here is a celebrity picture. Mike Modano of the Dallas Stars handing DS an autographed baseball at a chartity baseball game.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/dturnerpgmipl/000_0053Edited2.jpg

S. C.
01-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't get much chance at taking pictures (well, good ones that is) of celebrities but, at this year's New York State Fair, Charlie Daniels was the free concert and people were allowed to come right up to the stage to take some pictures. This one was my favorite.

http://pscalculator.net/images/photos/cd.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200 @ full zoom
Love your pic!

DebIreland
01-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Ducklite,

Your photos are terrific, both in content and quality. I just showed your Slash photo to my 11 year old. He's VERY impressed :worship: :)

keahgirl8
01-29-2006, 10:39 PM
dturner, you got to go to DAYTONA?!?!!? I am jealous! I'll forgive you, since you're a Truex fan! lol

ducklite
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Ducklite,

Your photos are terrific, both in content and quality. I just showed your Slash photo to my 11 year old. He's VERY impressed :worship: :)

Thanks! There's a TON of band photo's on my web site (http://www.flamingolegs.com) . Some is professional work I've done, others are just fun shots I've screwed around with at various shows. The difference will be obvious when you look around :)

Anne

FergieTCat
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I took this picture of Barry Manilow at "Good Morning America" about 2 weeks ago with my brand new S2 IS:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_6182857/.HomePage/__sr_/9cd3.jpg?grP9h6DBQJBPbxFI

(I don't know why this is posting as a link instead of an image, so just follow the link).

TiggersPal
02-11-2006, 05:55 PM
So sad,

great photos people!

CookieGVB
02-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Dave - LOVE that surfer shot! Wow!

Here's one I took of Kenney Chesney when he was on Good Morning America this fall.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/CookieGVB/100_1911.jpg

CookieGVB
02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Here's the photo of Barry Manilow that FergieTCat was trying to post:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/CookieGVB/BarryGMA.jpg

Keebles
02-12-2006, 09:48 PM
My favorite celebrities from the Memphis show 2005:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/keebslebon/duran1.jpg

I was quite a ways back so this is a zoomed pic but pretty good nonetheless!