PDA

View Full Version : Address info while in USA

Goofyish
11-22-2005, 07:24 AM
I read that there are new rules about the airplines having to supply detailed address information to the US authorities for all passengers on the flight before it lands in the US.

Do they ask for this information at check in, or should we send it before then?

eyoreaud
11-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi Tim,

I'm sure i gave this info on-line when i made my booking with BA. Also we always have to write our address where we'll be staying when we fill in the visa waiver forms etc, i would have thought that this would have been enough info as we always write our full FL adress and zip code. I've never been asked for this info at check-in before though, not much help, i know. Maybe someone else knows the correct answer :scratchin

Audrey

mandymouse
11-22-2005, 07:35 AM
I was wondering about this too, as my travel agents haven't mentioned anything about this

JohnnySharp2
11-22-2005, 07:38 AM
We were not asked for anything specific in August at check in.

The Visa waiver forms contained our full address etc for customs - I would not worry too much about it, just play it by ear when you get there.

mickg7dyd
11-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi,
No change in the check-in or forms etc when we flew out last Sunday with Virgin Atlantic. In fact we have never known it so fast, we landed at 15.30 and were in our car at 16.20.

Mick.

:smooth:

Scottish-Helen
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
This is something that got brought in in September but the airlines do not seem to all be collecting it yet. We weren't asked at all when we went to the US a few weeks back other than on the visa waiver form.

paulh
11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
We have been told by expedia that we have to provide details of our hotel to airline at check in. Full name of hotel,street address state and zip code the airline then sends this on to the states.While you are flying and they check if you have booked a room,if not sent you back.Like on the form on the plane you only have to give you the first nights accomadation, so you now have to have something booked for the first night if you are doing flydrive........
Paul

MrsJobba1
11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
HI my TA phoned ( We had just booked fligts only with them) and asked for our full details of where we were staying.
I took in the SSR details that were on our DVC confirmation letter.

wicket2005
11-23-2005, 03:06 AM
I don't believe it is something we have to supply, it is supplied by the TA/Airline as far as I know. I know there was a who ha about it because the USA also want your home address and other details, I believe.

patdavies
11-23-2005, 06:35 AM
we have been told by expedia that we have to provide details of our hotel to airline at check in full name of hotel,street address state and zip code the airline then sends this on to the states while you are flying and they check if you have booked a room if not sent back like on the form on the plane you only have to give you the first nights accomadation so you now have to have something booked for the first night if you are doing flydrive
Paul

Paul,

Doesn't your computer have full stops or commas - using them would make your posts so much easier to read.