PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Booked!!!

jockey
11-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Got the hotels booked at the weekend for our next trip-7 nights AKL and 7 nights GF!!! Was so excited forgot to request ME!!!

Just waiting on Continental to release the flights as we are going to fly from Belfast to NYC then Orlando!! We usually fly with Virgin from Gatwick but this will be our first time travelling with DS and thought it would be easier!

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 03:30 AM
sounds WONDERFUL!!!....

is the continental flight to newark or JFK?....continental usually goes through newark, which most people prefer for plane changes...newark is smaller and less complicated than JFK....though we always go through JFK and it's really not that bad anymore (now that they have the train)....

be sure to leave at least 2.5 hours for the plane change in new york....you'll be entering the US at that point and will have to go through immigration, claim your luggage, clear customs and then hand your luggage back to the airline for the continuation....

how old is DS?....once my kids were teens, we started flying via new york and stopping for a few days of sightseeing on the way back home...

jockey
11-21-2005, 04:34 AM
Beth

The flights are to Newark - thanks for the advice about how much time to leave between flights I was just thinking about that!!!

DS will be 14 months when we go. We have been planning to go into Manhatten on our way home to meet a friend for a few hours and it only takes about 30mins from the airport by train. We are getting a morning flight to Newark on our last day- that will give us approx 5 hours in Manhatten before the flight to Belfast

KayleeUK
11-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Sounds lovely :)

Laurafoster
11-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Sounds great! bit tiring for me though lol!

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Beth

The flights are to Newark - thanks for the advice about how much time to leave between flights I was just thinking about that!!!

DS will be 14 months when we go. We have been planning to go into Manhatten on our way home to meet a friend for a few hours and it only takes about 30mins from the airport by train. We are getting a morning flight to Newark on our last day- that will give us approx 5 hours in Manhatten before the flight to Belfast

will your continuation from newark to orlando also be on continental?
usually if you're staying on the same airline, they know how much time you need in the airport to make the connection (taking into account immigrations/customs)..

into JFK we always leave 2.5 hours because on top of the above, there's also security that has to be recrossed....i don't know if that's true in newark....i can't remember.....i last flew into newark about 3 years ago....
i think you do have to recross security again....

regarding the train into NYC from Newark, i haven't a clue...we always use a limo service from the city to the airports and vice versa.....

gilld
11-21-2005, 06:50 AM
We stayed Concierge at GF in September and it was wonderful. AKL is on our list of places to stay too.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 06:59 AM
We stayed Concierge at GF in September and it was wonderful. AKL is on our list of places to stay too.

we were at the GF in september too....were you there when they were doing all that work around the courtyard pool?.

and yes, we also adore the GF....our favorite resort at WDW...

gilld
11-21-2005, 08:03 AM
we were at the GF in september too....were you there when they were doing all that work around the courtyard pool?.

and yes, we also adore the GF....our favorite resort at WDW...
I don't remember seeing any workmen. We were there 26th - 30th.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I don't remember seeing any workmen. We were there 26th - 30th.

we were there from the 9th to the 18th....they were there the entire time we were there....
had they been there you would have noticed them....you're lucky they were gone....it was quite intrusive......

JanMary
11-21-2005, 10:00 AM
We too are from N Ireland and will be flying Continental to Newark and Orlando in January.

We have 3 kids including our DS who will be 15 months when we fly. I must admit I am dreading the flight with him on my knee - but it will be worth it!!

On the way out we will have 2 hr 25 min to change at Newark. On way back 2 hr 30 min. Hope that will be enough time as we will have lots of luggage including buggy and carseat.

I will let you know how the flights were when we get back

Frances999
11-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Wonderful itinerary! Sounds like a great trip you have planned :)

jockey
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM
The GF is my fav resort especially at Christmas!!!

Janmary please let me know how the flights go and any tips you have for travelling with a child!

Miffy2003
11-21-2005, 01:28 PM
That sounds fantastic Jill :) :)

wils
11-21-2005, 03:10 PM
How exciting! :banana: :banana: :banana:

florida sun
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Sounds great Jill :goodvibes :goodvibes

Sue :wave:

NornIron
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi Jockey

I flew from Belfast to Orlando via Newark, in October the flight was great getting throught immigrations/customs in no time at all. Had to collect baggage and leave it for the connecting flight. All in all it took about 30/40 minutes.

The flights home your baggage is checked in all the way to Belfast, so no worries about have to claim it again in Newark.