PDA

View Full Version : May I ask a personal question?

Boston Tea Party
11-20-2005, 05:48 PM
I was wondering what you do to prepare for your DH's return.

We are civilians but DH has been gone for a while (in civilian time :rotfl2: ) on business. I want to make his homecoming special and knew that the DISers on this board would have some great ideas.

Thank you very much! :sunny:

lovemygoofy
11-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Well I will give the G rated version :blush:

I always have his fav dinner ready with a homemade dessert. I always have a sign made and hanging off the balcony for him to see. I try to even have the house clean and good smelling sheets on the bed. Nothing like being away for a while and coming home to your own bed. Stockpile his beer or coffee or whatever he drinks. Are you going to pick him up at the airport? I always pick my Matt up with some flowers. Just a nice twist on an old fav. Trust me it'll be so nice for both of ya'll that it won't matter. Have a great Thanksgiving. :cool1:

Boston Tea Party
11-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Well I will give the G rated version :blush:

I always have his fav dinner ready with a homemade dessert. I always have a sign made and hanging off the balcony for him to see. I try to even have the house clean and good smelling sheets on the bed. Nothing like being away for a while and coming home to your own bed. Stockpile his beer or coffee or whatever he drinks. Are you going to pick him up at the airport? I always pick my Matt up with some flowers. Just a nice twist on an old fav. Trust me it'll be so nice for both of ya'll that it won't matter. Have a great Thanksgiving. :cool1:

Thanks for replying. I was afraid I might insult those of you who are separated for a truly long time. :)

Yes, I am going to pick him up - on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, no less!! :scared1: It will be the internation terminal, so perhaps it won't be too bad there. There is a great debate on whether or not the kids should go. I am trying to talk my mom into watching them for a while so we can reconnect somewhat. I realize the kids have missed him too, but...

I was going to make the sign as well. Working on some major fall cleaning as a big surprise. I was going to get both cars detailed as well. I've gotten some of his picks from Netflix on the way and purchased a couple of little somethings as a token. He wants to go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant and the next day is Thanksgiving so I haven't really thought much into home cooked meals, but I might look to that on Friday.

Thanks, again, for your help. I know it is nothing compared to what military wives do. Thank you and your DH both for your service to our country. :goodvibes