PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but that's one ugly pin! (to me, at least)

Humpbacks1962
09-17-2001, 02:41 PM
DL let me down with the release of Pin 6818: DL Mystery Pin #16 - Mickey's Thumb.

Now, I am trying to understand the illustration. Does the "crown", "shield", "what-cha-ma-call-it' mean anything in particular? Please help me understand what flew right over my head...

Wanda

Mickey7811
09-17-2001, 03:23 PM
I WOULD NOT BE GOING OUT OF MY WAY TO GET THAT ONE.

DARLENE

Luv2Roam
09-17-2001, 03:38 PM
I've seen worse, but it is kinda odd. :confused:
I like it better than #15 that is going for such high $$$$.
Have to say, not much thought or time was put into the DL mystery pins. Their rack pins are generally much nicer.

LynniethePooh
09-18-2001, 06:17 AM
well.......it is different.........and won't make it to my collection.....lol

Amor4Pooh
09-19-2001, 05:09 AM
That you put a thumbs down sign on your post, since that's the way alot of the pin traders at DL are wearing that pin, in light of the Mystery pin incidents of late.
I thought your icon was very appropriate. And I have no idea what the framing means, except alot of of comments were made about how a more appropriate finger should have been used on the pin, if you know what I mean.
Nichole:D

Humpbacks1962
09-19-2001, 07:31 AM
Hehehe That's hillarious! :D You meant the pinky, right? ;)

Of those mystery pins, I think the plane Pooh is adorable, and the guitar Mickeys are very nice pins. I have left over fingers on my hand, counting all the beautiful, mystery pins!

The Simba/Nala is cute. But the same pose, over and over, is growing under my skin!
The hula Minnie looks like a pregnant Neanderthal lost in a tropical island.
The Mickey shorts... The idea could have made an attractive pin, but they spoiled it with those frills and the red band all around.
The Mickey in a badge reminds me of images in cathedrals, and the Minnie heart makes me wonder if the artist ran out of colors! Again, those frills and spikes around the character make the pin look horrendous. It could have been a prettier pin with nicer colors, without the spikes.

So, I hope that the artists will make it a plan to let the inspiration kick in. They seem to make more beautiful rack pins, but when it comes to mystery pins, is the mystery in trying to find what is so great about them?

Wanda