PDA

View Full Version : latest ticket prices - here's who's the cheapest

heatherbelle
11-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi

I've done a search on all the sites for the cheapest tickets as of tonight.

Here goes. Disney 21 day ticket - Theme park tickets - Adult 175 child 146
4 day flex Theme park tickets - adult93 child 75
Kennedy space pass - Attraction tickets direct - Adult 40 child 28
Busch 1 day passs - Theme park tickets direct.

:rotfl2:

Laurafoster
11-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Do you know if all of these actually provide you with tickets? or do they send paper vouchers and then you have to queue up for ages and get the tickets?

I know alot of companies seem to send vouchers now.

JohnnySharp2
11-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Do you know if all of these actually provide you with tickets? or do they send paper vouchers and then you have to queue up for ages and get the tickets?

I know alot of companies seem to send vouchers now.

I know that Attraction Tickets Direct issue the actual tickets.

However, I would recommend Maple Leaf Tickets in Kissimmee as they are excellent value for money, you can get the Magic Your Way Disney tickets which are very flexible - and they also issue actual tickets.

www.mapleleaftickets.com

Laurafoster
11-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah ive used attraction tickets direct before - they were really good and gave us a discount as we were a large group. I did have one bad experience with a different company who sent vouchers and then i had to wait 30mins whilst they checked ID etc when we went to collect the tickets - in hindsight i should have gone with someone else as i olny saved 5 for the tickets (there were 2 of us so 10 total) it was not worth the extra hassle!

I noticed that mapleleaftickets only sell upto a 10day pass - so its not suitable for us as we will be staying onsite for 3 weeks and like to hop in and out of the parks in the evenings but the prices look good!

Miffy2003
11-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks, that is really helpful :) :)

henrydog
11-21-2005, 02:36 AM
we have used themeparkland in the past who were good value & reliable, but i have heard they had problems since we used them.
after going on their website i see they are now called themeparkdirect, has anyone used these recently ?

JohnnySharp2
11-21-2005, 03:37 AM
I noticed that mapleleaftickets only sell upto a 10day pass - so its not suitable for us as we will be staying onsite for 3 weeks and like to hop in and out of the parks in the evenings but the prices look good!

I guess it depends on what you are looking for - we are going for 3 weeks also next year but are staying in a villa for the majority of time as well as going to Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Whilst we love Disney we also like Universal (for which we have APs) and do not necessarily visit a theme park every day as there are lot's of other things we like to do in Florida.
For us therefore the MYW 10 day Premium ticket with the hopper and no expiry facility is best for us as these will last us a few holidays, we only tend to visit the likes of MGM and EPCOT for a couple of hours in the evening so tend to do MK in the morning and one of the other 2 later. Having 5 water park visits is also good for us. Although having said that Joshua enjoyed MK so much this year our 10 days may dissapear quickly than we expect!

The Universal A/Ps are ideal for us too - Josh's favourite park apart from MK is Universal Studios - you get loads of discounts plus free parking, to renew only costs us $100 each so it's good value too.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 03:54 AM
for us the most economical is the premium annual pass...

plus since we tend to go into the parks for short visits, i think i would feel badly about 'wasting' a day's ticket for only a few hours in the park..

for example, we rarely go into the water parks for more than 2 hours at a time (sometimes only an hour)...with the AP we don't feel badly about just popping in for a short time..

JohnnySharp2
11-21-2005, 04:16 AM
for us the most economical is the premium annual pass...

plus since we tend to go into the parks for short visits, i think i would feel badly about 'wasting' a day's ticket for only a few hours in the park..

for example, we rarely go into the water parks for more than 2 hours at a time (sometimes only an hour)...with the AP we don't feel badly about just popping in for a short time..

Yes Beth that makes sense - guess we all have our different preferences, to be honest it has only really been on our August holiday this year that Joshua really took to Disney. Certainly our Universal APs are excellent and I agree you can just go for a couple of hours without feeling you have wasted a ticket.
We sort of try and get round that with Disney by making sure when we do MK in the morning, we go to another park later on in the day - but yes I agree with you.

wicket2005
11-21-2005, 05:17 AM
I can recommend attractionticketsdirect, they do send real tickets and will price match cheaper UK based internet sites.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Yes Beth that makes sense - guess we all have our different preferences, to be honest it has only really been on our August holiday this year that Joshua really took to Disney. Certainly our Universal APs are excellent and I agree you can just go for a couple of hours without feeling you have wasted a ticket.
We sort of try and get round that with Disney by making sure when we do MK in the morning, we go to another park later on in the day - but yes I agree with you.

we were basically forced into APs a number of years back the moment our annual visit was more than a certain number of days (i don't recall what the breakpoint was, but we were over it)...since we like to visit the parks every day of our visit, even if for only for an hour....
we'll sometimes just pop into MGM to ride ToT and RnRC and then on to something else for the day...
the same is true of DisneyQuest....we can never stand being there for more than an hour....so it's good it's included in the premium AP, otherwise we'd never go there...

we're not fans of Universal or IOA.....we've tried them twice.....the first year about 5 years back, we hated them both -- then 2 years ago we decided to give it a second chance, this time staying onsite to get front of the line priviledges - we still hated it...even more the second time....but we had a great time with each other as we laughed about how much we hated everything......we usually have a good time with each other regardless of what we're doing...(like getting lost as we drive around orlando)....

but that's what's great about Orlando.....something for everyone.....
and if we were fans of Universal i would certainly get an AP for that too....

JohnnySharp2
11-21-2005, 07:47 AM
we're not fans of Universal or IOA.....we've tried them twice.....the first year about 5 years back, we hated them both -- then 2 years ago we decided to give it a second chance, this time staying onsite to get front of the line priviledges - we still hated it...even more the second time....but we had a great time with each other as we laughed about how much we hated everything......we usually have a good time with each other regardless of what we're doing...(like getting lost as we drive around orlando)....

but that's what's great about Orlando.....something for everyone.....
and if we were fans of Universal i would certainly get an AP for that too....

It is , we do not all like the same thing or have the same opinions but that's part of the attraction of Orlando and these boards also.

We are pretty much these days driven by what Joshua likes, although he loves MK none of the other Disney parks have ever really appealed to him and he doesn't have the patience to sit through some of the shows.

At Universal however, he loves ET, Barney's playground, Woody Woodpecker, Jaws and at IOA Popeye's Barges and Cat In The Hat.
I also think Spiderman and Shrek are 2 of the best rides around.

For example me and my wife really like EPCOT particularly walking round World Showcase in the evening, however, there is nothing really there that appeals to Joshua. Which is not necessarily a problem as he usually falls fast asleep!

Guesss we all adapt our holidays to what suits us best, ours has never been "a holiday at WDW more of "a holiday in Florida".

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 08:22 AM
We are pretty much these days driven by what Joshua likes, although he loves MK none of the other Disney parks have ever really appealed to him and he doesn't have the patience to sit through some of the shows.

Guesss we all adapt our holidays to what suits us best, ours has never been "a holiday at WDW more of "a holiday in Florida".

we're also driven by what our kids like....even though they're hardly 'kids' anymore....after all that's the point of a holiday - to spend time together and enjoy the time together.....

ours is a WDW vacation....since we live in a very hot climate as it is (a much much prettier place than orlando and with much nicer weather), the only thing that pulls us to orlando is WDW.....
for sun, fun, beaches etc, we stay home....

JohnnySharp2
11-21-2005, 08:50 AM
we're also driven by what our kids like....even though they're hardly 'kids' anymore....after all that's the point of a holiday - to spend time together and enjoy the time together.....

ours is a WDW vacation....since we live in a very hot climate as it is (a much much prettier place than orlando and with much nicer weather), the only thing that pulls us to orlando is WDW.....
for sun, fun, beaches etc, we stay home....

Yes I can fully understand that Beth.
I can appreciate your love of WDW, if it wasn't for Disney we would probably have never been to Florida.
I think our holidays change more each year though as Joshua appreciates
and understands more. Next year despite the fact that the weather in August will be hot we will probably spend more time at WDW than ever before - especially MK, at least the crowds will be light.
He loves Peter Pan/Winnie The Pooh/Dumbo/Snow White.

We will always have a soft spot for Universal though, we just have so many memories from there - just to see Josh so happy and excited having ridden Woody (again) is enough for us to keep returning there.
Especially as he loves the Barney/Curious George play areas too.
$100 to renew our A/Ps is just a bargain.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes I can fully understand that Beth.
I can appreciate your love of WDW, if it wasn't for Disney we would probably have never been to Florida.
I think our holidays change more each year though as Joshua appreciates
and understands more. Next year despite the fact that the weather in August will be hot we will probably spend more time at WDW than ever before - especially MK, at least the crowds will be light.
He loves Peter Pan/Winnie The Pooh/Dumbo/Snow White.

We will always have a soft spot for Universal though, we just have so many memories from there - just to see Josh so happy and excited having ridden Woody (again) is enough for us to keep returning there.
Especially as he loves the Barney/Curious George play areas too.
$100 to renew our A/Ps is just a bargain.

wow....that IS a bargain!!

wayneg
11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
I think the UNI/IOA AP is the best value ticket in florida. The first one we bought was a Burger king offer buy 1 year get 1 free (2 years for $160) we now renew each year at $100. I would rather go to Universals Curious George than a water park, usually spend 3 or 4 hours a time here.

The next best value is Sea world AP, we got the 2 year gold pass for $144 it then gave us a $100 discount off Discovery cove.

AP at Space centre is cheap as well. Costs just over a 1 day pass.

JohnnySharp2
11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I think the UNI/IOA AP is the best value ticket in florida. The first one we bought was a Burger king offer buy 1 year get 1 free (2 years for $160) we now renew each year at $100. I would rather go to Universals Curious George than a water park, usually spend 3 or 4 hours a time here.

The next best value is Sea world AP, we got the 2 year gold pass for $144 it then gave us a $100 discount off Discovery cove.

AP at Space centre is cheap as well. Costs just over a 1 day pass.

Yes I fully agree great value for money, Curious George is very good and we spend a bit of time there too.

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
i didn't know the space centre has an AP...
my son would like to do the "be an astronaut for a day program" there...

and that's it for my break ... now it's back to writing this article on Service-Oriented Architecture --- a real page turner :rolleyes:

wayneg
11-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Max Access pass $37
AP $48

The 12-Month Pass includes unlimited visits to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and these additional pass holder advantages:
Discounts on additional guest ticket purchases. Up to six guests in your party receive $4.50 off a Maximum Access Admission- each time you visit.
One year subscription to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex NEWS. The newsletter that keeps you up to date on current space events and happenings at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
12-month Passholder Only Events

disneyholic family
11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Max Access pass $37
AP $48

The 12-Month Pass includes unlimited visits to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and these additional pass holder advantages:
Discounts on additional guest ticket purchases. Up to six guests in your party receive $4.50 off a Maximum Access Admission- each time you visit.
One year subscription to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex NEWS. The newsletter that keeps you up to date on current space events and happenings at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
12-month Passholder Only Events

that's interesting....if i understood that correctly i can buy 1 AP and then get discounts on the max access tickets for the rest of the family....that's cool....and a nice savings....

wayneg
11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
that's interesting....if i understood that correctly i can buy 1 AP and then get discounts on the max access tickets for the rest of the family....that's cool....and a nice savings....

Yes as far as I understand you can, but if you don't want an AP just pick up vouchers in a lot of the free voucher books in Orlando they are worth $3.50 of Max Access.

Rick
11-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Everyone :wave2: ,

I have also been searching around for the best ticket deals and at the moment the cheapest company i have found is Destini Tickets.

They are currently doing Disney 14 day ultimates Adults - 145.00 and the child for 130.00.

Also i found Attraction Tickets Direct to be very competitive as well.

As we are not going till next year can anyone else advise of if anyone is doing these tickets cheaper.