PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld's New Water Park

SimonV
11-18-2005, 07:45 AM
SeaWorld have announced some more details of their proposed new water park, to open in 2007. This project finally received planning permission after some local objections (by residents in the neighbouring Williamsburg area) a couple of months ago, and it looks like it's full steam ahead for SW. Here's their press release:

SeaWorld Orlando has announced an innovative new water park to open in Orlando in spring 2007. While the full details of the expansion will be announced in 2006, SeaWorld has revealed that it is designing a new breed of park that exists nowhere else in the world, a naturalistic water park that will surround guests with adventure including the beauty of the sea, lush nature, and numerous amazing animals.

“This creation will be not only new to Orlando, it will be new to the world,” said Jim Atchison, executive vice president and general manager of SeaWorld Orlando. “Only SeaWorld could create such a unique experience that blends thrills, beauty and marine animals.”

SeaWorld is famous for immersing guests into the wonder and mystery of the sea and its animals, and the new park will remain true to this tradition. Guests will plunge into amazing adventures – over, under, and through oceans, waterfalls and even animal habitats.

One of the signature attractions that best symbolises the nature and personality of the park will be an attraction that will whisk guests through a naturalistic lagoon within inches of Commerson’s dolphins. Commerson’s dolphins have vivid black-and-white coloration and are fast, agile swimmers.

In addition to the exciting animal elements, the park will also have a strong naturalistic feel and plenty of room for guest relaxation with expansive stretches of white sandy beach and large swimming areas.

The expansion will create a trio of SeaWorld parks in Orlando, including SeaWorld Orlando and Discovery Cove. The new park will be located near SeaWorld Orlando, on International Drive.

Anyone ready to book yet? :teeth:

wicket2005
11-18-2005, 07:49 AM
God dammit! Just another reason to go to Orlando in 2007. Sounds fantastic, look forward to hearing any other snippets you can lay your hands on. :)

fizz13
11-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Now that sounds fantastic, just the kind of thing you could enjoy as a family without the frantic pace of the other waterparks, perfect. Sign me up

Claire xx

disneyholic family
11-18-2005, 10:06 AM
sounds like fun...
but i'm not a big fan of captive dolphins......the pools they provide for them at sea world are way too small....(same problem for the whales there)..

it seems that dolphins in a water park will by definition be in pools that are too small for what they need...

cazzie
11-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Looks like I am going to have to save for 2007 as well. :teeth:

Miffy2003
11-18-2005, 11:37 AM
I would definitely like to try this :)

KayleeUK
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Sounds interesting :)

Verity Chambers
11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
I think it sounds good. Will be interested to hear more as it comes about. Keep us posted Simon. :)

Ware Bears
11-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Sounds very interesting. We are returning Easter 2007, fingers and everything else crossed it will be open then.

FloridaSam
11-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Sounds very interesting. We are returning Easter 2007, fingers and everything else crossed it will be open then.

I was thinking exactly the same thing Elaine!!

Ware Bears
11-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Knowing my luck it will open the week after I come home! ;) :rotfl2:

cannp123165
11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Sound Good. :-).

Laurafoster
11-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Lol, i just now need a "excuse" to go in 2008!!

Sure i'll think of one by then!!

Ware Bears
11-23-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm sure you will!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: