PDA

View Full Version : Di & Rhiannon's 5th and final day

diberry
11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Thursday 10th November

Well, it had happened once again – you look forward to it for months and then, in the blink of an eye, you’re on your last day!!!!
We packed, took our cases to the left luggage lockers at the station and then set off to enjoy our last few hours in the park. We wanted to meet Mickey first of all up at the top end of Liberty Arcade – a nicely organised meet ‘n’ greet. We were delighted to see he was wearing his green cloak and red top hat – very Christmassy!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/DLPNov2005108.jpg
Had our usual GMF brekkie and then decided to queue up for a photo with Cinderella who was meeting people at the front of the castle. We queued for 15 minutes and then Sleeping Beauty came and took over from her which was a bit annoying as we’d already met her a couple of days ago!! In the afternoon we saw Belle there too but not in her princess costume (it’s supposed to be a Disney princess greeting session) – she was wearing the blue dress and white pinafore that she wears in her Musical Medley show where you can also meet her. We would have liked to have seen her in her beautiful yellow princess dress. We never saw Snow White there but she may appear at other times.
So we ducked out of the queue and as we walking down Main Street we saw the character bus – and it was snowing beautifully too!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/DLPNov2005110.jpg
Back in Central Plaza we met Prince John
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/DLPNov2005109.jpg
and then went across to PotC in Adventureland and climbed up to the top of the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. We went to the Coolpost opposite Col Hathi’s where you can lift up the lid of a box of Coke bottles and hear the sound of a bottle being opened and poured as well as pick up the old fashioned phone there and hear the delivery man’s conversation (more “secrets”!!!). Outside Colonel Hathi’s we again were lucky enough to bump into a whole load of characters including Mickey & Minnie in their safari suits again, Goofy, Abu and the Genie from “Aladdin”.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/85a7cca3.jpg
We wandered through to Frontierland where we had to wait 25 minutes to go on BTM – by far the longest queue of the week!!! Then across to Phantom Manor and then to the Chapparal Theatre where we watched the Mickey’s Winter Wonderland show which was really good – lovely Christmas music, loads of characters and very colourful.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/Mickeyswinterwonderland26a.jpg
We caught the railroad train round to Main Street where we’d booked lunch at Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel. We’d expected it to be a character lunch but it wasn’t. It’s a very nice restaurant with a lovely view towards the park and loads of delicious food but it was extremely expensive and without the characters certainly not worth the expense IMHO.
Went back into the park to see HIStA in Discoveryland and finally persuaded Rhiannon to sit in the pram outside Videopolis to have her photo taken!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/DLPNov2005126.jpg
Had one last go on IASW before we had to leave. We’d had a really wonderful stay and filled every available moment. On the train Rhiannon gave me these gorgeous Mickey and Minnie Christmas cuddlies which I’d been admiring all week but hadn’t been able to justify buying for myself – she’d got them as a surprise for me and I absolutely love them!!!!! What a lovely daughter I’ve got!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/diberry/DLPNov2005127.jpg
Got back to Nottingham just after midnight – now to start planning the next trip!!!

Bexx
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Wow - you two are like character magnets!!!! :teeth:

Thank you for a fabulous report - I've enjoyed every word and picture! :flower: I'm glad you both had such a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Cyrano
11-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Di, yet another great report and photographs. But alas this is the last day, no :guilty:

Loved seeing Rhiannon in the buggy. Our three all had a shot of this last year, although they are slightly smaller :rotfl2: ;) and everyone who had previously walked past them started queuing up for a turn :goodvibes

Dianetigger
11-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I have to tell you Diana that I have REALLY enjoyed reading your reports and looking at your wonderful photographs. It brought back many happy memories of our stay back in July.

You do indeed have a very lovely daughter.

Diane

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I DON'T LIKE the words last day / last report !!!! :guilty:

I truly enjoyed every "minute" of your trip report ... and will try "those secrets" on our next trip !!!!!!!!

It's soooooo sweet of Rhiannon buying those little Christmas ::MinnieMo and ::MickeyMo !!!!!!!!!!!! for MOM !!!!!!!

You both are so nice !!!!!
NU BABA' !!!! as we say in Italy !!!!!!!!!

THANKS for sharing !!!!

Laura :love:

Salford Steve
11-17-2005, 10:35 AM
What a brilliant trippie! I think we've all enjoyed reading and viewing the pics almost as much as you enjoyed doing it! If my two girls grow up even half as considerate as Rhiannon then i'll be more than happy.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Steve

emmaness
11-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh I love your Santa Mickey ears and Rhiannon's Minnie ears! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Di, I have really enjoyed reading about your trip, thank you lots for taking the time to share it with us! Now you can start looking forward to the inevitable next trip. :goodvibes

Bonnie
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Awww noooo, I want more! I really did enjoy your trip report, Di! You brought it to life with the photos and it's very obvious that you had a HUGE amount of fun together! It sounds like it was the perfect holiday. :)

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I almost felt like I was there. ::MinnieMo

nicola
11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Another brilliant trip report. Thanks so much Di. You have made me ever so much more excited about our upcoming trip. Only 9 more days :Pinkbounc

tialucy
11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
What a brilliant report..... I dread "last days" though.... and it's amazing how quickly they come around!! This is a good reminder to enjoy every minute while we are there in December... and not moan about the cold!!

Verity Chambers
11-17-2005, 11:58 AM
As you said Di, don't the trips go by fast! :guilty:

Glad that you had a wonderful time, you can tell from the photos that you did. what was the highlight for you?

Rhiannon- what about you?

diberry
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Thank you everyone - what lovely comments - very much appreciated!!! You are all such a nice bunch of people!!! :grouphug:

cannp123165
11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
A brilliant report.
May I ask, where you there over a weekend at all? Do you know at what date in the Christmas season the park starts to get really busy?
:-).

rachelpixiedust
11-17-2005, 02:04 PM
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report, it sounds like you had a fabulous time!
I'm hoping to go back next year ... can't wait after seeing all your pictures, it really takes me back to my trip in July!!

diberry
11-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Were you there over a weekend at all? Do you know at what date in the Christmas season the park starts to get really busy?
:-).We weren't there at the weekend though Becky did say the park hadn't been particularly busy on the Sunday. I can only tell you that it gets busier towards Christmas when locals go at weekends but I don't know how early that starts to happen.

MinnieM21
11-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm really enjoying your trip reports Diana. :sunny: I haven't been to DLP yet but am looking forward to taking my first trip sometime next year. I can't wait, it'll be my first trip to Europe. :cool1:

I'm glad you and Rhiannon had such a wonderful time. :wizard:

BONITATIME
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I have really, really enjoyed your reports and photos. I am glad you had a great time and it is not the last day it is just a pause before the next visit.

I am inclinded to cry as we leave the Disneyland park, we always spend our last day there.Not sobbing :confused3 but tears in my eyes.

As to busy days the week that includes the 6th and 8th of december will be very busy with lots of Spaniards. we have a school holiday those days and lots of people are inclined to join them to one weekend or other.

We are going both!!!!! but that was a pin trading hope. I wanted to go to the event I hoped would be in december. I picked the wrong dates and am now looking for someone to sponser. I think i might have mentioned our visit, but i am so excited, you will have to forgive if i wind it into every post I make.

diberry
11-17-2005, 03:14 PM
It is not the last day it is just a pause before the next visit. What a lovely way of putting it!!!!

I think I might have mentioned our visit.Yes, I think you may have casually made mention of it!!!!! :rotfl2:

urglewurgle
11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
aw! bril report... i'm sad it's over though.... :(

how do you guys fit so much in?!? and meet so many characters?!?

Rosie
11-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the words the pictures and the smiles!

Its great to know that mums and daughters can have great times together and share interests. The cuddlies are so cute!:goodvibes

diberry
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Its great to know that mums and daughters can have great times together and share interests. :goodvibesYes, I wholeheartedly agree with that thought - very precious!!!

disneyangel
11-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh no !! All finished already . Your reports were the best kind - full of little details and great big smiley pictures. Glad you both had such a fun time.

bonhoga
11-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Over already :guilty: ! Thank you for such lovely and vivid reports, the next best thing to experiencing the Christmas season first hand :love: . How sweet of Rhiannon to buy you the Mickey and Minnie, your trip just sounds perfect :goodvibes .

Kaye

PS I wonder how many of us have a similar photo with the pushchair?
PPS. You could make up a few extra days - if you wanted!!

urglewurgle
11-17-2005, 05:48 PM
PS I wonder how many of us have a similar photo with the pushchair?

lol... ME! but not on the computer....

PPS. You could make up a few extra days - if you wanted!!

ohh! sounds like a great thread idea! do a trippie for an imaginary "perfect" day in DLRP!!! :teeth:

Ware Bears
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Oh Di, what a shame this was the last day, I have really enjoyed your reports :goodvibes What a lovely daughter Rhiannon is to buy you the Mickey and Minnie cuddlies :grouphug:

Absolutely brilliant photos as usual, I love the one of you both with Mickey and how fantastic to get one of all those characters on the bus! And your Mickey Santa hat, I want one of those!!! :)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
11-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Oh Di, what a shame this was the last day............... And your Mickey Santa hat, I want one of those!!! :)

ME TOO !!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Laura

IlluminationsUK
11-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Brilliant reports, I really enjoyed them and your photo's are amazing. I trust Mickey and Minnie will take pride of place this Christmas! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Frances999
11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Diana - I just wanted to say a big thank you for the truly wonderful reports. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the magical time you both had. :)

:wizard:

DisneyRGB
11-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Everyone's comments have been so lovely, as always! :goodvibes

I have to point out that Mum is forever treating me, she absolutely insisted on paying for our very expensive meal at Inventions despite my protests, so I bought Mickey and Minnie as a thank you for that and such a fantastic trip. And she's always treating others but won't treat herself *** she says she can't "justify" it! And of course I agree with others that Mums and daughters can have great times together, not everyone is as lucky as I am to be so close to their family. :grouphug:

Verity - In answer to your question, I don't think I can pick a highlight. This was my favourite of our 4 DLP trips, but I can't put a finger on why - it's just a combination of everything. Staying in a Montana room in the Sequoia Lodge and being close to the parks was great. The weather was nice which was a great relief after being so unbearably cold last December. We met loads of characters which we always enjoy and the park looked beautiful with all the Christmas decrations, it was just perfect!

marcus.ka
12-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi Di,

I just found the time to read your trip report! Thank you so much! But one thing came to my mind. Why are you always having the GMF breakfast? I have done this in October the first time, and it was not bad. But for me it would be OK to do this only onces at every trip and not every morning. I enjoy the atmosphere in the hotels during the breakfast as much as I appreciate the empty park in the morning when we walk to the GMFB! :cheer2:

diberry
12-13-2005, 05:30 AM
Hi Marcus. We just like the GMF breakfast and really want to be in the park as soon as possible. In fact we've only ever (4 trips so far) had breakfast in our hotel on one day and it was so busy (Cheyenne in April), even though the park was quite quiet - the breakfast room was awful and there wasn't such a good choice of food and you had to pay extra for drinks. We go straight to the Chalet de la Marionnette, have breakfast - lots of food, drinks included, plenty of seating, and then we're ready to go on any rides that are open. You get the park pretty much to yourself and first chance to meet the characters that appear in Fantasyland early on. But each to his own - and the more people who have breakfast in their hotel, the better for those of us in Fantasyland!!! ;)