PDA

View Full Version : Junction at Belz?

Kerryc
11-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Can someone tell me what the traffic rules are at this junction??

It's a huge junction with no traffic lights and no signs saying give way etc???

we just closed our eyes and drove for grim life last year!!!

mikki.young
11-16-2005, 04:07 PM
This is a 4 way stop - the US version of a roundabout! My recollection of the rules are that first person to arrive goes first or its give way to your left if you arrive at the same time. I still haven't figured out how to deal with 4 cars arriving at the same time!

Kerryc
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
no Mikki , there was tons of traffic there when we got there, we just kinda waited for a gap and went for it!!!

basas
11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
First person to arrive at the 4-way stop goes first. If two cars arrive at the same time, the person on the right goes first. If more than two cars arrive (there may be some rule) but mostly someone will let someone else go and everyone will just wait their turn. We have 4-way stops everywhere over here (no 'roundabouts') and many of them have cars arriving all at the same time and it's basically just a sequence. The "A" cars go, the "B" cars go, the "C" cars go, then the "D" cars, then back to the beginning...this if its busy that is.

disneyholic family
11-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Can someone tell me what the traffic rules are at this junction??

It's a huge junction with no traffic lights and no signs saying give way etc???

we just closed our eyes and drove for grim life last year!!!

in the US, when there are no lights and no signs (stop or yield) then it is a 4 way stop....

as others have posted, first to arrive has right of way....if 2 arrive simultaneously, the person on the right has the right of way...

but never assume you actually have the right of way....even if by law you have it, be careful and make sure the other person is letting you have the right of way...