PDA

View Full Version : Info on Quality Inn Plaza - International Drive

squitty
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi All

I have just finished booking DD and her DBF to go on holiday in Dec to Florida
I am more excited than her...LOL
Anyway she has chose to stay at the Quality Inn Plaza International Drive. I have done a little bit research on the hotel but would like to know what people who have stayed there thought of it ie. what were the shuttles to the park like etc...
They are only going for 7 nights flying 10th Dec with MyTravel from Manchester. We won't be there till the 12th so thought it best she stayed here with the shuttles to Universal etc, they will just have to wait till we are there till they can get to WDW :rotfl:
Any info would be gratefully received :cheer2:

mikki.young
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
We stayed there for our first ever trip to the magic but that was 18 years ago. We have been upgrading ever since.....

They used to have 2 or 3 shuttles morning and evening to and from the parks which meant long days.

Good location with quite a bit in walking distance on I-drive and the trolley bus is a lot more frequent / organised than when we stayed there.

Sorry that this info is more than a little out of date but hopefully someone who has been more recently will be along soon....

squitty
11-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Mikki

Thank you for your reply :)

Goofyish
11-17-2005, 02:43 AM
We stayed there in October 2001. It's a basic, no thrills hotel, but the rooms are spacious and clean - pretty standard US hotel room layout, with two double beds, sink/vanity area with fridge and a separate toilet/bathroom with shower over the bath.

We used the hotel once for breakfast, but didn't think much to it - there is a Sizzler next door and a Ponderosa a short walk north, so plenty of much better places for meals :)

The location is great, opposite The Pointe & Wonderworks, and within walking distance of some good restaurants.
There is also an I-Ride trolley stop right outside the hotel - useful to get up to the Prime Outlets Mall (Belz as was), and down to Seaworld/Premium Outlets Mall.

Sorry, never used the hotels shuttles to MK or Universal. When we went to Universal/IOA we got a cab - roughly $10 each way plus tip.

Deedee
11-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Hi Skitty we have stayed at the QIP 6 times and never had any problems we have booked to stay there again next sept. The hotel as someone says is basic but has 2 double beds, shower, bath, iron, ironing board, microwave, air con, coffeemaker,tv and most important a fridge, every thing you need. It is in a good location directly opposite the pointe by a sizzlers and pizza hut a lot of things to do at night are within walking distance. It has 3 pools one heated and a 24 hour deli. Hope this helps

squitty
11-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the information guys...I am sure she'll be fine there.

Mrs Dazzle
11-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Oops - my brother and his family have just gotten back and they said it was the worst hotel they have ever stayed in :blush:

They had absolutely no preconceived ideas before they went as to the hotel, just wanted somewhere to sleep for their Orlando week - they said that was exactly what it was, somewhere you'd only want to sleep. The pools were cold and not overly inviting looking, the rooms smelt dank and musty and they were moved due to traffic noise.

So I guess from their point of view if you are only using it as a base for sleeping in and don't pay much, it's just about 'ok'!

Goofyish
11-17-2005, 07:05 AM
I think I read that some of the pools at the QIP are not heated. The one nearest the reception building is heated (and when we were there usually quite full with Brits :) ).

JohnnySharp2
11-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Stayed there several years ago - it is a no frills budget hotel.

It was too long past to really give an accurate opinion, we found it okay but we would not stay there again.