PDA

View Full Version : Mobiles

princess jackson
11-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Not sure where to post this.

Virgin Mobile, I have just spoke to a team member from Virgin Mobile, enquiring about buying a new handset.

I am interesting in a new handset, and received conflicting info from a high street store, I already have a contract phone through virgin, but love changing handsets (to DH annoyance, he hates it).

Whilst on the phone i asked about buying a phone from Virgin megastore in Florida, if it would work over here.

She seemed to know the answer, it has to be tri-band, and you need a unlocking code, and they may not be able to give it to you. You could end up waiting a while before you can use it, and basically said it is a big risk to take, plus you would have to buy a charger.

k-herm
11-16-2005, 05:21 AM
princess...Are you asking us if we think it's wise to buy from the US Virgin store?

If so, I wouldn't bother. Not because of the technical details but more the fact that the Virgin Megastore [the Downtown Disney one] had a rubbish selection of phones. In fact the US in general has a rubbish selection of phones. You'll not get any mobile bargains there.

Claire L
11-16-2005, 05:31 AM
To be honest it will be quite difficult to find a mobile phone in the US that will be tri band and suitale for use here and if you did I am sure it would be quite expensive. As has been said the US are quite a way behind us in mobile phone technology and their selection of phones is generally pretty poor.

Claire ;)