PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century

lgp1
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
:wave2: Hi everyone my name is Lyndon i'm from South Wales and i'm new to the boards.Can anyone tell me what the Pop Century hotel is like.Planning on going next year.Previously been to the All Star Movies/Music.Thanks.

florida sun
11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Lyndon

Welcome to the boards, very nice to have you here.

I stayed at the Pop in August of this year and it was wonderful, if you like the All Stars you will love the Pop as they are quite similar. Very large Icons, similar layout and the rooms are almost the same with the exception of the televisons and room safes being larger. Im sure there are other differences but off the top of my head I cant think of them, lol.

The Rooms have hairdryers, Iron and Iron Boards. The food hall and shop are all in one.

I could talk about the Pop all night, so if there is anything in particular you would like to know, please feel free to ask me.

PS. Im also from South Wales.

Sue :wave:

lgp1
11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks Sue.
Could you tell me what the buses are like to the theme parks.I would have replied last night but my son relaimed his computer lol.

Miffy2003
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Hello lyndon and welcome to the Dis :)

I like the look of Pop but have never stayed! When next year are you hoping to travel?

If you have any more questions please ask, someone normally knows the answer :)

VSL
11-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Yoo Hoo :wave:

(Neath and Swansea areas here - live in Neath Port Talbot, Uni in Swansea)

lgp1
11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi Miffy
Possibly going September/October.Been twice before in September weather was nice crowds low.

mandymouse
11-14-2005, 01:37 PM
:wave2: Welcome to the Disboards Lyndon, we're stopping at the Pop at Christmas and can't wait, we've stayed at the All Star resorts a few times so I can imagine it will be pretty similar (but I'll let you know in the New Year)

florida sun
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks Sue.
Could you tell me what the buses are like to the theme parks.I would have replied last night but my son relaimed his computer lol.

Hi Lyndon

Yes the bus service in general is very good, do take into consideration that this is a very large hotel and like the All Stars at busy times they can get very crowded and the queues quite long, esp if you stay in the parks until closing, that said when we were there in August they did lay on extra buses when there were very large crowds.

I think September is one of the quietest times though, getting busier as you approch Halloween in October. So hopefully you should be fine. It was never a real problem for us.

Anything else you need to know, please ask. :wizard:

Sue :wave:

lgp1
11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Yoo Hoo :wave:

(Neath and Swansea areas here - live in Neath Port Talbot, Uni in Swansea)
Hi VSL
Cwmbran area

lgp1
11-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone.
Still finding my way around.Sorry if I post on wrong place,i'll get it right in the end.

KayleeUK
11-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi Lyndon

Just wanted to say Welcome to the DIS :wave:

SplashMtn
11-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi Lyndon! :wave2:

I stayed at POP in July- here's some photo's which might give you more of an idea of what it's like. http://photobucket.com/albums/b28/SplashMtn