PDA

View Full Version : December 30, 2006 Magic New Year's

goingsouth
11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Hello-

It's so far away, but they had the Disney Cruise show on the travel channel last night and I was sooo excited to watch.
I'm planning to make it next year's Christmas present for the kids. They have no idea. I told them we'd need to sell the house in order to afford a Disney Cruise. We've sailed before but never on Disney.
Anyone else planning this cruise?

Joanne
:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

videogal1
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Hello-

It's so far away, but they had the Disney Cruise show on the travel channel last night and I was sooo excited to watch.
I'm planning to make it next year's Christmas present for the kids. They have no idea. I told them we'd need to sell the house in order to afford a Disney Cruise. We've sailed before but never on Disney.
Anyone else planning this cruise?

Joanne
:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Cash and I will be there with bells on...
:banana:

goingsouth
11-17-2005, 11:58 AM
That's great!

What part of Texas are you from? My husband is a 4th generation Texan from just east of Dallas. Poor guy trying to adjust to New England..

videogal1
11-19-2005, 11:40 PM
That's great!

What part of Texas are you from? My husband is a 4th generation Texan from just east of Dallas. Poor guy trying to adjust to New England..

Actually, I'm from the LA area of Southern California but was exiled to Central Texas (Leander) when my job moved to Austin 20 years ago. A couple of years after moving to Austin I started a six-year stint as a contractor and landed one contract (technical writing) in the Boston area that lasted a couple of years...I feel your husband's pain...
All that nonsense is over now and I'm happily settled into my retired-from-contract life back in Leander...
I'd still rather live aboard the Wonder or Magic, though... :rotfl:

glass-slipper
02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm still deciding, trying to convince DH!! We just went on the 1/7/06 Eastern and had a great time!!

videogal1
02-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm still deciding, trying to convince DH!! We just went on the 1/7/06 Eastern and had a great time!!

Are you suceeding? What was the weather like on your cruise? anything happen to discourage you from doing this cruise?...I noticed that there were a couple of best and worst of DCL threads on the main board...I couldn't add anything but I sure am happy the ships have self-service laundries! Did you use one on your cruise? My RCCL cruise is a long one without laundries...hmmm...

cantsitstill
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi guys!
Myself, DH, DS (14) and DS (12) will be on this cruise! Both boys are looking to correspond with any other kids going on this cruise their age. We're so excited. We have my parents and aunt and uncle going too. This will be our 3rd cruise all together, and 4th for just us 4. Looks like we'll be on Key West for New Year's Eve, but we'll be staying on the ship and bringing in the New Year the best way possible - on the Magic! :cool1:

Dawn

We Love the Mouse!
04-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I can't wait for our New Year's cruise. This will be our 3rd New Year's cruise on the MAgic and I am so excited!!! It will be myself, DH, DD(6) and ds(3). We didn't go this past year but the 2 years prior to that. We wanted to wait until ds was old enough for the clubs and to save up money of course. It sure is an expensive time to cruise but our work schedules dictate when we can go.

Ami

cantsitstill
04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi Ami! It's good to see another family join this thread!
Any details you can give us on the New Year's cruise? What do they do New Year's Eve? How about New Year's Day? Anything special?
Dawn

We Love the Mouse!
04-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Dawn,

There never seems to be a big DIS member group on the New Year's cruises, so it is nice to connect with someone. New Year's Eve is fun. They have a special menu in the restaurants. You can keep the menu as a souvenir. All the lounges have parties, music and dancing. They have a big celebration in the atrium lobby with streamers, balloons, dancing, characters, champagne and more. It is a lot of fun! They usually have video screens in all the party spots and do live feeds to each place. We have had a special treat in our rooms usually special chocolates and a lithograph. The kids clubs also have parties and are open later. On New Year's Day they usually have the footbal games on in different locations. I don't remember anything else special about New Year's day. It is always amazing what a disaster the ship looks like when you go to bed on New Year's Eve with all the streamers and party hats and ecorations and then you get up the next morning and it is all cleaned up. It is definetly alot of fun. My dd is six and she absolutley can not wait to go back.

We Love the Mouse!
04-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Anyone else going on this cruise?

thesoldtrain
04-23-2006, 01:40 AM
We're in! Hello everyone! My family and I will be there....myself, DH, DD age 7, DD age 3, and DS 15 months! Glad to see we have some people going....I didn't see much being posted about this cruise, so I was getting a little worried!

Ami, may I ask if there are still Xmas decorations/activities going on during the New Year's cruise on both the ship and Castaway Cay? We are making this our first trip away from home for both holidays, starting with Xmas at WDW, and then the cruise (woohoo!) for New Year's, but we were hoping that the ship and island would still be decorated. When I asked the CM at DCL, they said "yes" but thought I would ask since you have been on quite a few New Years DCL cruises.

Thanks!
Jeanette

We Love the Mouse!
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Jeanette,

Yeah!! Someone else that is going. There never seems to be a big DIS group on the NYE cruise. They still have all the Christmas decorations up on the ship and on the island. :)

I am not sure when we are heading to Florida yet. I am waiting to see about airfare prices. We will probably go down a day or two before the cruise. THe last time we flew down on Christmas day. The MK was packed on the 26th.

It looks like our kids will be in the same groups in the clubs, my dd is 6 and my ds will be 3 when we go.

Ami

thesoldtrain
04-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the info! I am glad to hear that all the Xmas stuff will still be around! We are glad to meet some others going on this cruise! I wonder why there aren't a lot of DISers on this cruise? It was surprising to me as I thought it was a busy time of year for it....maybe everyone will be at the parks? :) We cannot wait!!!!

Nice to make contact with you all!

Jeanette

We Love the Mouse!
04-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Anyone else joining us???

We Love the Mouse!
05-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Thought I would bymp the thread up to see if anyone else is joining us. I just booked our airfare this weekend--so it is definetly getting closer!!!

DebbieFuco
06-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi! We are having a family reunion on this cruise. There will be 11 kids ranging in ages from 2-19 attending. We've never done a reunion/vacation over the holidays and we're really looking forward to it.

I have a question, New Year's Eve will be our formal night, correct? I was checking the schedules for the 7-day Western, and usually the formal night is on Monday, which is a day at sea.

We Love the Mouse!
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Whatever night is NYE will be a formal night. They move things around to accomadate. It will be different to have it the second night of the trip. Whe nwe have gone before it has fallen around the middle of the trip. I wonder if we will stay at Key West longer or be out at sea?

Ami

DebbieFuco
06-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing. However, the other posts make New Year's Eve on board sound like so much fun, I would stay on the ship anyway.

tksbaskets
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure we have two threads going here. I'm off to search for the other one. My family is going.
TK

Nana Carol
06-23-2006, 12:00 AM
There will be 36 of us !! Our first family reuion plus our 50th anniversary. Oldest grandchild 23 and youngest 6 months. Our first Disney cruise. Hoping to have all sit together for the evening dining. How do I go about planning this ? Everyone so excited !! :grouphug:

Tigger&Bubba
06-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi ya'll,
I'm not cruising till 2007 NYE but I told tksbaskets I'd be crashing your thread. I'll just be a lurking here but this will subscribe me. :thumbsup2 Thanks. Have a great time.

DebbieFuco
06-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Nana Carol,

Happy 50th! You and your family are going to have a GREAT time. We had our last family reunion on DCL in July 2004 Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Magic. I believe there is a family reunion component. We were all at the same seating, there was a group photo and personalized cruise t-shirt included. I'm sure someone else would know how to go about getting all of that planned.

Debbie

DebbieFuco
06-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know where the other New Year's 2006 Cruise thread is located? I was there once, but I forgot how I got there. Thanks!

Debbie

DebbieFuco
07-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Ami,

There isn't much action on this thread. Is there another one going somewhere else?

Debbie

Didney Daddy
07-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone! We are going on the 4 night cruise on board the Wonder on December 31. Is this thread about this cruise or the 7 day cruise? We are so excited about the trip. DD (12) and DW and me are all Disney fanatics.

two-foxes
07-28-2006, 07:50 AM
DH and I are so looking foward to this cruise. We'll be doing a week at WDW afterwards and I just can't wait. It is only 5 or so months away!

We Love the Mouse!
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been starting to think about excursions. The last time we cruised we only got off the ship at Castaway Cay but since the kids are a little older I think we may do something. What excursions are other people looking in to?

Ami

We Love the Mouse!
08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah! :cheer2: We got our packet of info from DCL this week. I can't wait to book reservations on 10/1. We are staying at the Radisson the night before. I still have to book the towncar and my husband's tux. How is everyone else doing with their planning?

marlaymike
08-27-2006, 08:09 PM
We are also going!! DH and me, hope to meet you all there.

two-foxes
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah! :cheer2: We got our packet of info from DCL this week. I can't wait to book reservations on 10/1. We are staying at the Radisson the night before. I still have to book the towncar and my husband's tux. How is everyone else doing with their planning?

My TA called and told us our pre-cruise packet is here, too. I soooo cannot wait. Is anyone doing WDW before the cruise? We are flying in on 12/28 and doing the CP at WDW that night, then heading to port on the evening of 12/29. Thankfully, we get one more week at WDW after the cruise, so we are looking foward to a nice long Disney vacation!!!

suzynuprin
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
We're on the cruise! Myself, DH, DD (7), and DS (3 and 4 1/2) will be on board. Any suggestions for kid-friendly excursions?

tinkattitude!
09-01-2006, 10:32 PM
We're on the cruise! Myself, DH, DD (7), and DS (3 and 4 1/2) will be on board. Any suggestions for kid-friendly excursions?

My daughter has hijacked my login ever since she started playing vmk, and posted to the boards!

Anyway, we are on this cruise too, dh, me and dd (10 1/2).
We're flying in on the friday, staying at the hyatt mco. Can't wait, we're repeat cruisers, took the 7 day eastern spring of 2004.

Party of Five
09-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I was trying to start roll call for this trip, but I am glad some one already did!
So if you saw my add on another tread thats why.... :p

HI we are from Yonkers, NY and we are 2 family's traveling with 4 adults and 3 kids-12 year old boy, 12 year old girl and a 6 year old girl.
We are coming in on the 29th and staying one night at the Caribbean resort.

This is are first Disney Cruise. VERY EXSITED! especially that is a NEW YEARS EVE cruise! FUN, FUN, FUN...lol
We have been to Disney Many times and we also have cruised on other ships. but...This is something we alway dreamed about.

Well we are trying to plan are excursions any suggestions?
Key West seams to be the hardest to figure out what we want to do. They have this Electric Car scavenger hunt. Sound cool but they said we need a few more people to have hunt against in our group. you will have your own electric car and compete against other familys. Is anyone interested in joining us in the hunt check out this link
The Southernmost Scavenger Hunt - Keywesthunt- Electric Cars They look fun.....
Well if anyone has any suggestions on great things to do on this trip let us know!

I am looking forward to talking to all of you....I think! LOL

Party of Five
09-08-2006, 05:10 PM

HI Su, its Suzanne I haven't talk to you in a few days. Are you planning to go to the Bippity Boppity before the cruise? We made a apointment for Julianna.

marlaymike
09-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Party of Five I know you will have a good time... We are hoping to have the best time ever. This is our second cruise but our first on a New Year's Eve!

Party of Five
09-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Party of Five I know you will have a good time... We are hoping to have the best time ever. This is our second cruise but our first on a New Year's Eve!

Thanks... Do you have any kids traveling with you. If so what are the ages of them? I hope to put my 6 year old DD in the camp program. To be honest I am a little worried about it. I'm sure it is very safe and all that but still feel funny about it. I keep telling myself its like dropping her at school. I also wonder if she will want to. I herd the kids do a lot of really fun stuff in the camps. Do you know any thing about the camps. Have you used them?

We Love the Mouse!
09-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Party of Five--

My dd is 6 and has been in the clubs when she was 3 and 4. She absolutely loved it. We usually had to drag her out. She liked to do things as a family but she loved spending time in the clubs. She enjoyed the planned activities the most. My ds 3 will be hitting the clubs for the first time this year (if we can ever get him completely potty trained). He has been in Flounder's before.
We have done the NYE cruise before and it is so much fun!!! Of course we love to cruise in general. If we were home we probably wouldn't do anything for NYE but it is so much fun to get dressed up and celebrate on the ship.

Ami

suzynuprin
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Ami and Suzanne,

As all of our DD's are in the 5-7 year old group, perhaps an early cruise introduction so they buddies to hang with. Suzanne - the club is awesome, Julianna will love it! :) We always tried to get Delaney to "nap" on our last two cruises...she would sit on the couch and beg to go back to the club. It's better than dropping off at school - there's no homework! :)

Ami - best of luck on the potty training front. Our DS Max will also be joining the Oceaneer's Club for the first time - working on that "wipe yourself and pull up the undies...you won't get any help on the Disney Boat!".

Su

Party of Five
09-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Ami and Suzanne,

As all of our DD's are in the 5-7 year old group, perhaps an early cruise introduction so they buddies to hang with. Suzanne - the club is awesome, Julianna will love it! :) We always tried to get Delaney to "nap" on our last two cruises...she would sit on the couch and beg to go back to the club. It's better than dropping off at school - there's no homework! :)

Ami - best of luck on the potty training front. Our DS Max will also be joining the Oceaneer's Club for the first time - working on that "wipe yourself and pull up the undies...you won't get any help on the Disney Boat!".

Su

That sounds like a great idea! What about at the Bippity Boppity! The morning of the cruise. Julianna has a 9:00 apointment! or unless you have another Idea!

suzynuprin
09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Just made a 9:00 a.m. appointment for Delaney as well... princess:

njmom23grls
09-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Hello - we are a party of 5 that will be cruising as well. DH, and DD - ages 19, 12, & 8. Can't wait! :sunny:

marlaymike
09-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Party of Five, Nope we don't have kids, but we liked them. It's just that God hasn't sent us one.

njmom23grls
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Bump!

Any other Dis'ers?

tksbaskets
09-25-2006, 09:27 PM
We are a small but mighty DIS group. I can't believe we are the only ones going.

Soon we can book excursions. My TA said October 1st. Got a nice big packet from DCL with all the excursions listed. FuN!

DebbieFuco
09-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Hello! I have a question regarding stateroom assignments. Last summer we received, along with our confirmation numbers, a stateroom number. Now, the travel agent says she doesn't know what those numbers are and that we won't be assigned to a stateroom until November. Does anyone know anything about this?

DebbieFuco
09-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi, again! I was wondering if anyone knows how the usual 7-day Western dinner rotation will change due to formal night being moved up to New Year's Eve/Key West? My DH wants to try Palo's this cruise, but I don't want to miss some of the other special dinner events. Any suggestions or ideas?

We Love the Mouse!
09-28-2006, 04:31 AM
Debbie,

If you have your confirmation numbers, you can go directly to the disneycruise.com website. Go to the my cruise section and sign in using your confirmation number. This will show your stateroom numbers, if assigned. Did you have a guaranteed stateroom or an assigned number? This is also where you will go to prebook Palo, spa ,excursions etc. If you are a returning cruiser. You can prebook starting 10/1. Hope this helps.

I am trying to figure out when to book Palo as well. I have had this cruise booked for almost 2 years and I can't believe I haven't got it all figured out yet. When is everyne else thinking of going?

Ami

njmom23grls
09-29-2006, 08:05 AM
My dh and I have been trying to figure out when to book Palos as well. I called DCl and they told me everything was going to be the same as any other 7 night western. And that any special festivities or changes would be in our packet. I have a hard time believing that they would still have pirate night on Wed after having such a party on New Years. Also, I read on the boards that New Years will be a formal night - Since it is Sunday night - does that also make Monday a formal night or does Monday move to a casual night? Just trying to figure out the clothing logistics as well. Because I booked late - I just got my packet yesterday. Packet makes no mention of NYE.
It says we are in Cozumel until 10:30 pm. Anyone know if this is true? On the last Western I was on - all aboard was 5:00 pm. hmm....

two-foxes
09-29-2006, 02:56 PM
My dh and I have been trying to figure out when to book Palos as well. I called DCl and they told me everything was going to be the same as any other 7 night western. And that any special festivities or changes would be in our packet. I have a hard time believing that they would still have pirate night on Wed after having such a party on New Years. Also, I read on the boards that New Years will be a formal night - Since it is Sunday night - does that also make Monday a formal night or does Monday move to a casual night? Just trying to figure out the clothing logistics as well. Because I booked late - I just got my packet yesterday. Packet makes no mention of NYE.
It says we are in Cozumel until 10:30 pm. Anyone know if this is true? On the last Western I was on - all aboard was 5:00 pm. hmm....

I am going to see if I can remember the name of a poster that I know did the NYE last year.....I'll PM them and let you know, because I am wondering the same!

The itinterary on DCL says we leave Cozumel at 6:00 pm....where did you see 10:30? And, I thought Pirate night was on Cozumel night....which is Jan 3....where did you get this info?

njmom23grls
09-30-2006, 06:40 AM
The itinterary on DCL says we leave Cozumel at 6:00 pm....where did you see 10:30? And, I thought Pirate night was on Cozumel night....which is Jan 3....where did you get this info?[/QUOTE]

Thats why I posted. I'm not sure what the real answer is. The DCL website says 6:00 pm - BUT the itinerary that was mailed to me - which was mailed to me on 9/22/06 says cozumel is 10:30 (thats a Wed and yes, that is Jan 3 - thats where I got my info) The pirate night is usually on Wed after leaving Cozumel. So, it made me wonder if Pirate Night was not happening and thats why the later departure - OR if things had changed in some way :confused3

two-foxes
10-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Good thing I woke up early (thanks to my dogs....), but I remembered we could make our ressies on line today. We decided to do Palo dinner on NYE (for now at least), Brunch on Thursday, and massages on the 1st. I was looking at those villas, but holy smokes, the prices are crazy!!! Got everything we wanted! :banana:

It is officially 90 days from now :woohoo: ....seems like an eternity sometimes!

two-foxes
10-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Thats why I posted. I'm not sure what the real answer is. The DCL website says 6:00 pm - BUT the itinerary that was mailed to me - which was mailed to me on 9/22/06 says cozumel is 10:30 (thats a Wed and yes, that is Jan 3 - thats where I got my info) The pirate night is usually on Wed after leaving Cozumel. So, it made me wonder if Pirate Night was not happening and thats why the later departure - OR if things had changed in some way :confused3

Now I get what you are saying....I am going with the Itinerary on the DCL website for my planning. I doubt we leave Cozumel that late. Hopefully it was just a misprint on the packet you got. BTW, was it the one that looks like a travel journal? I'll look at mine and see what it says, too.

njmom23grls
10-01-2006, 07:47 AM
. BTW, was it the one that looks like a travel journal? I'll look at mine and see what it says, too.

No - it was the single sheet of printed paper - the guest copy of the confirmation.

Glad you got your ressies. I, too, booked NYE in Palos and brunch on Thursday

tksbaskets
10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi -
Made our shore excursion reservations. Going to give the Banana Boat rides at CC a try this time. Jeep Tour in Cozumel and the Aquaboats in Grand Cayman. Our teenagers think they all sound fun! What has everyone else booked?

TK

njmom23grls
10-01-2006, 01:37 PM
We booked the Shipwreck Snorkel tour in GC for all of us and the Zipline thing for Cozumel for the teens/tweens in our family and dh will go Scuba diving. Not sure yet for CC.

two-foxes
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
We booked the Shipwreck Snorkel tour in GC for all of us and the Zipline thing for Cozumel for the teens/tweens in our family and dh will go Scuba diving. Not sure yet for CC.

If your DH needs a recommendation for scuba, there is a great company in Cozumel...Eagle Ray Divers. We used them in 2004 and they were fantastic. We plan on using them again this trip, I just need to get the ressies made. www.eagleraydivers.com

Other than that, we'll book Capt Marvins on our own for Grand Cayman and wander around Key West aimlessly :p . We did book the Jet Ski Eco Tour at CC, although I am kinda undecided about that now.

We Love the Mouse!
10-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

My son woke me up at 5:30 this am. So I figured as long as I was up I might as well do my reservations. I booked Palo brunch for Monday and dinner on Thursday night. We are going parasailing on CC. I didn't book any excursions on GC or Cozumel. I think we may stay on the ship in Grand Cayman and go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. It was great not to have to book Flounder's this year. No spa appointments. We are going to try the rainforest room this time.

I looked at my navigators from the NYE cruise 2 years ago. Formal night was on NYE and there were 2 semi-formal nights.

After reading a message yesterday, I double checked our Airtran flight departure times on the 6th and our flight has been moved up to 10:21. There is no way we will be able to do that. We were cutting it close with the time we had. Now we are trying to decide whether to take a flight later in the day or go to Disney for a day. I guess I will call Airtran on Monday to see what our options are.

Ami

njmom23grls
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM
If your DH needs a recommendation for scuba, there is a great company in Cozumel...Eagle Ray Divers. We used them in 2004 and they were fantastic. We plan on using them again this trip, I just need to get the ressies made. www.eagleraydivers.com

Thanks for the recommendation! DH has never gone scuba diving in Cozumel and we haven't had a chance to look in to companies. Great for Capt. Marvins! I've heard such good things!

Q's My Princess
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Hello!

My family & extended family (8 of us) just booked this cruise while DH and I were on the DCL 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise last week. There's not much activity here...how many DISers are on this cruise??

Linda & Cash...are you guys still going??

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Laurie

njmom23grls
10-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Welcome pixiedust: Laurie

I recently booked our cruise as well. It seems like a small Dis group - but I know that some folks might be on the 4 night thread or just haven't found their way here yet.

I'm soo jealous of the Southern Caribbean - I sure hope Disney repeats that one in 2008. I hope your trip was wonderful

Q's My Princess
10-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Thank you for the welcome!

DH and I had a great time on the 11 night Wonder cruise!! We were lucky enough to have our first vacation without kids in over 6 years!

This time we are bringing the three kids, my parents and my 90 year-old grandmother! :thumbsup2

What are the ages of the kids on the this cruise??

two-foxes
10-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Thank you for the welcome!

DH and I had a great time on the 11 night Wonder cruise!! We were lucky enough to have our first vacation without kids in over 6 years!

This time we are bringing the three kids, my parents and my 90 year-old grandmother! :thumbsup2

What are the ages of the kids on the this cruise??

33 and 39 :rotfl2: !!!

No kids here, just us...Hey, were the 11 nighter as empty as I have heard? That would have been so nice!

Q's My Princess
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
33 and 39 :rotfl2: !!!

No kids here, just us...Hey, were the 11 nighter as empty as I have heard? That would have been so nice!
Maybe empty of kids! But, certainly not empty of adults! It was a fabulous cruise. There were over 300 disers onboard and between Captain Henry, Brent (CD) and Tom McAlpin, they definately knew we were there!! We had so many "Wonder"ful activities and meets. Would do it again in a heartbeat! :love:

Q's My Princess
10-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Bumping this thread off of page 3!

Who has girls in the 5-7 age group?

Anyone have kids 18+ traveling?

njmom23grls
10-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Yep - I have 3 girls ;) - ages 8, 12 & 19 going on the cruise. Anyone else?

We Love the Mouse!
10-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Laurie,

My daughter is 6 so she will be in the 5-7 group. My son is 3 so he gets to try the club out this time around.

Ami

suzynuprin
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Laurie,

My daughter Delaney is 7 and will be in the 5-7 year old group, Jack (4) and Max (3) will be slugging it out in the 3-4 year old group.

How did everyone do with their Palo ressies? I actually woke up at 2:00 CST and propped my eyelids open with toothpicks...but got most of what we wanted.

Su

Q's My Princess
10-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Great!
So we have three girls in the 5-7 age group:

Delany
Quincy (mine!)
and Amy's daughter!

I will start telling Quincy that she will be meeting two friends on the cruise!

DebbieFuco
10-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Who has girls in the 5-7 age group?

Anyone have kids 18+ traveling?

We are traveling with 11 kids with ages up to 19 years old.

suzynuprin
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Hopefully all 11 kids aren't yours...otherwise, you definately get the "Mother of the Year" award....

DebbieFuco
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Ha, Ha! No. I don't personally have 11 kids. I am traveling with a family reunion group which consists of 11 kids.

I have two kids, and unfortunately, they aren't even going on this cruise. My son, age 21, attends a college that operates on trimesters, and he starts winter term the day after New Year's Day. My daughter, age 23, is working and can't take the time off.

Q's My Princess
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
We are traveling with 11 kids with ages up to 19 years old.

Debbie,

Are any of the 11 in the 5-7 age group?

DebbieFuco
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Are any of the 11 in the 5-7 age group?

Yes, I believe we have two girls in that age range.

Q's My Princess
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Do you guys think there will be two formal nights (New Year's Eve on Sunday and the regular one on Monday??)??

suzynuprin
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I think I read in one of the boards that they just move the formal night to correspond with New Year's Eve and not necessarily have a second formal night. But - our previous Disney cruises have not been around any major holidays, so take this posting with a grain of sand (preferably Castaway Cay sand!)

We Love the Mouse!
10-15-2006, 07:52 AM
We have sailed on NYE in the past and they have always moved the formal night to NYE and then had 2 semi formal nights. It sounds like this group has quite a few kids in the 5-7 group.

Ami

cruiseman
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi everybody,

you may have seen my mom on here somewhere, cantsitstill. I am the 12 year old :thumbsup2 I love to go on the disneycruise and I cant wait to go again!
It is so fun! Hope to here from any other kid going aboard this cruise, :cool1:

Austin pirate:

two-foxes
10-28-2006, 06:20 PM
just bumping back up! Looks like the real world has us all busy again! Just two more months and some change until we are celebrating 2008 on the Magic!!!

marlaymike
10-29-2006, 05:28 PM
No kids here (DH 32 & me 33)

cantsitstill
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
ONLY 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY GUYS!!! I'm really getting excited - seems so close! The holidays will make the time go even faster I think....Can I get a HOO Haaaah!??!! :dance3: :dance3:

marlaymike
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm very happy!! This is our first New Year's Eve Cruise and it has to be Disney...

two-foxes
10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
ONLY 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY GUYS!!! I'm really getting excited - seems so close! The holidays will make the time go even faster I think....Can I get a HOO Haaaah!??!! :dance3: :dance3:

HOOOO HAAAAAH!!!!!!!! Love the sailaway party!

So, I had an annoying day at work. Needed to hollar that out.

Marlaymike, it is just DH and me, too.

marlaymike
10-31-2006, 05:20 PM
two-foxes, cool! We went this May and it was so wonderful that we need to go again!

Hope to see you all in Cape Canaveral 12/30!

tksbaskets
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
This is our second NYE cruise. Our last cruise was a 10-day Christmas one. DH, Me, and DS 15, DS 15. (They will be almost 16 when we cruise)

I'm suprised by the small DIS group....small but mighty~!

marlaymike
11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
What I like is that there is people from all over!!

two-foxes
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I just got done booking Capt Marvins for GC. We are doing the 1/2 excursion from 10:00-1:00. We never got the opportunity to go on our 2004 cruise because of the hurricanes, so we are looking foward to it!

Assuming all goes well for the next 3 weeks, we will be cruising with "three" foxes....well, with a third one on the way at least! I'll be just over 16 weeks pregnant on the cruise! Had to cancel the jet ski excursion at CC, but I have a feeling that laying on Serenity Bay beach for one last offical time will be much needed! The future will bring us to the Family Beach :eek: It will be interesting to see how our bar bill goes down with out me enjoying my Konk Coolers!

We will still use Eagle Ray Divers for Cozumel. Dh will dive while I get some snorkling in.

I simply cannot wait for this vacation!!!

njmom23grls
11-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Bump -

Congrats on the new "fox" - hope all goes well for you

Wish Disney would release a little - just a teensy bit of NYE info - starting to think aboiut what to bring before the insanity known as the holidays roll around :)

We Love the Mouse!
11-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Congrats two-foxes!!

I can't believe how fast this cruise is sneaking up on me. It will be here before we know it. I was thinking that in years past we have received something from disney about special NYE stuff. Maybe we will still get something. Is anyone staying at the Radisson the night before? My children still do not know that we are going. I don't htink that I am going to tell them until a few days before we go. How are everyone else's plans coming?

Ami

iwynlea
11-13-2006, 10:10 AM
OMG!!! We're booked! Better late than never, eh?! :dance3: :dance3:

:wave2: Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, my DH is Steve, and we're going on this cruise! We booked this morning (don't ask how much we paid! :faint: ). But, they still had Cat 12 available online, although our TA said this cruise was sold out...and we're booked, paid, and confirmed, so I guess we're going! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This is to celebrate my DH's graduation from college (finally!)...he's been going part time for 8 years, since he got out of the Navy.

So, we've been on two 4-night DCL cruises...what's different about a 7-night?? Y'all have to help me catch up, since we've never done a 7-night cruise before. I know there's a formal night...how/where does DH rent a tux (and how much do they usually run?)? Any idea if DCL will do something special for New Years Eve?

Ok, can you tell I'm excited? :goodvibes I'll go catch up on this thread, and start my research online for 7-night navigators. See y'all later! :cheer2:

Q's My Princess
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
iwylnea...Welcome aboard!!

Sorry I can't help on what is different on a 7-day. We have only been on 11 & 14 night cruise w/DCL. I do know there is a formal night, a pirate night and maybe a tropical night.

See everyone soon!!

two-foxes
11-13-2006, 08:19 PM
OMG!!! We're booked! Better late than never, eh?! :dance3: :dance3:

:wave2: Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, my DH is Steve, and we're going on this cruise! We booked this morning (don't ask how much we paid! :faint: ). But, they still had Cat 12 available online, although our TA said this cruise was sold out...and we're booked, paid, and confirmed, so I guess we're going! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This is to celebrate my DH's graduation from college (finally!)...he's been going part time for 8 years, since he got out of the Navy.

So, we've been on two 4-night DCL cruises...what's different about a 7-night?? Y'all have to help me catch up, since we've never done a 7-night cruise before. I know there's a formal night...how/where does DH rent a tux (and how much do they usually run?)? Any idea if DCL will do something special for New Years Eve?

Ok, can you tell I'm excited? :goodvibes I'll go catch up on this thread, and start my research online for 7-night navigators. See y'all later! :cheer2:

The biggest difference, IMHO, is the leisurely pace you can take everything on a 7 night. It seems on the 3 or 4 nights everything goes so fast. There are more shows, formal nights and more menu variety, more days at sea, different tours, themed nights, etc. Your best bet will be to read those navigators like you said. It will give you a good idea of what to expect.

DH skips renting the tux, but he has a great black suit that he will bring and change up the ties and shirts for the three dress up nights we are having. It sounds like from previous cruises that DCL keeps the same formal/semi formal nights and also turns NYE into formal night.

iwynlea
11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, two-foxes. I'd prefer to keep our expenses down, since we went WAAAY overboard and paid far too much for this cruise (i.e. we could do the exact same cruise at the end of January for half the cost!)...but it worked so well with our schedules, and DH deserves it for all of his hard work. So we'll deal with the cost later. DH has a nice dark suit, so maybe that would work just fine for the formal nights.

I spent several hours yesterday at work browsing various DCL sites (just don't tell my boss!), re-familiarizing myself with everything. I'm pretty savvy on the Wonder, but the Magic feels like a whole new thing, even though I know a lot is similar. I can't wait to see the terminal and ship all decorated!

Anyone know if the Pirate ship is still docked at Castaway Cay? I'd love to see that! :wave: See y'all later -- I have to actually work today to catch up on everything I put off yesterday. :rotfl:

DebbieFuco
11-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Welcome, Iwynlea! What a great way to celebrate your husband's graduation! I think I'll make the same request when I finally graduate...perhaps even a Mediterranean Cruise.

So, what I'm hearing is that New Year's Eve is going to be a formal night, AND there are going to be 2 semi-formal nights. Is that correct?

two-foxes
11-30-2006, 08:20 AM
We only have one more month until our cruise!!!! :banana:

Can't wait for the sailaway party, some hopefully nice weather on CC and NYE at Palo! We are meeting up with some friends who are vacationing in Key West, and I am looking foward to indulging in some Conch Fritters! I am having a heck of a time finding clothes that are going to fit me on this cruise....I won't be in full maternity clothes yet, but even at just 12 weeks now, I am not fitting all that nicely in my regular clothes....shoot, some of them just aren't fitting at all! I just look at it as an excuse to go shopping!!!! :p

If anyone is interested in doing an "informal" cruise meet anywhere, we should meet up. I completely understand those who prefer not to....so much to do and so little time!!! But if anyone is interested, it is always good to meet new folks!

iwynlea
11-30-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm so excited! We've decided to drive down (ugh), because airfare was just too darn expensive. 19 hours each way means we have to get off the ship and get driving on debarkation day, which I hate...I like to hang around as long as possible! Last minute trips at the holidays = bad idea! :rolleyes:

But, we're going to leave on the 26th, and spend a couple of very LOOOONG day at WDW before the cruise, so we can see all the decorations, since we've never been down at Christmas before! :cheer2:

I think we'll hit the big resorts on the 27th in the late afternoon/evening, and then MK/MGM on the 28th, and DAK/Epcot on the 29th. We've got a room at the Ramada in Cape Canaveral on the 29th, so we'll drive down from Orlando that night and be ready to enter the DCL terminal right at 10am on the 30th! I need pictures this time, as our other two cruises I've not taken nearly enough shots of the terminal itself!

I'm up for a meet -- just name the date/time, and we'll be there. DH is used to me dragging him to meet my "invisible friends." :wave:

two-foxes
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I think we'll hit the big resorts on the 27th in the late afternoon/evening, and then MK/MGM on the 28th, and DAK/Epcot on the 29th. We've got a room at the Ramada in Cape Canaveral on the 29th, so we'll drive down from Orlando that night and be ready to enter the DCL terminal right at 10am on the 30th! I need pictures this time, as our other two cruises I've not taken nearly enough shots of the terminal itself!

I'm up for a meet -- just name the date/time, and we'll be there. DH is used to me dragging him to meet my "invisible friends." :wave:

We will be at WDW a couple of days before, too. We are doing the CP at Epcot on the 28th, then just hanging out on the 29th. We are staying at the Residence Inn at PC. We haven't see the Christmas decorations either, so it is something we are really looking foward to. Plus, DH will need to ride RnR, ans it will be down for refurb when we head back after the cruise.

We'll see how many folks are intersted in the meet...that may dictate where we will do it?

"Got Disney"
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!

Come one come all and bring your pom poms to the most
faaaabulos Teams of all :

THE "CRUISE TEAM" and "THE REWARDS AND RUMORS TEAM"

So come ROCK the BOAT cause RUMOR has it.....
there are REWARDS to be had for cheering along :thumbsup2

Hello everyone...we are looking for more cheerleaders for the
EXTREME WPASADI game..You ask..What is a WPASADI game...well if you come cheer you can win prizes and have lots of fun!! here is a link to come and see...we need your cheers ...for these 2 teams!!

here is your link come on and cheer with us!!!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

We Love the Mouse!
12-09-2006, 06:32 AM
We would be interested in a meet. We are flying in on the 29th and are staying at the Radisson at the port the night before. I too am hoping to be at the terminal at 10:00 am. I can't wait to get back on the Magic. I am really looking forward to a relaxing week.

Ami

tksbaskets
12-10-2006, 08:31 AM
We are flying in on the 26th and will be staying at POR. Should be fun. Is everyone planning to decorate their stateroom doors?
TK

iwynlea
12-10-2006, 10:38 AM
We're driving in, leaving on the 26th and should get to the World the afternoon of the 27th. But we had to stay offsite, since we booked so late, everything at Disney was booked. :( But, we're going to be at Amerisuites near Universal for the 27th and 28th, at less than $40 a night, so I guess it worked out so we can save a little $$! We'll drive down to PC the night of the 29th, after watching Illuminations, and check into the Raddison for the one night, so we can use their free parking deal.

But, yes, we'll definitely decorate our stateroom door...One of the things I'm working on this week while I'm off. DH's college graduation is Saturday, so I've taken almost a whole week off to get the house ready, cook, and prep for our cruise!

Anyone get their docs yet? We don't have ours, but probably any day now, right?!

tksbaskets
12-10-2006, 01:12 PM
No docs yet her in Michigan. I'm making my magnetic Mickey ears for our doors.

TK

Q's My Princess
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
No docs here either...waiting ever so patiently! pirate:

Q's My Princess
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
What does everyone have booked for shore excursions?

Here is our list:
Key West - rent golf carts and cruise around
Grand Cayman - Captain Marvins full day excursion
Cozumel - Tour around Playa del Carmen w/Edventures
Castaway Cay - Couples Cabana Massage :cheer2:

Only 19 more days!!

two-foxes
12-11-2006, 04:10 PM

Here is our list:

Only 19 more days!!

Kw-meeting up with friends at Sloppy Joes and just wandering
GC - Capt Marvins half day excursion (the one that leaves at 1000)
Cozumel - 2 tank dive for DH and snorkling for me :sad2: through Eagle Ray Divers (I will miss diving!)
Castaway Cay - We cancelled the jet ski tour b/c of baby, so a whole lotta doing nothing on the adult beach.

We Love the Mouse!
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
We are playing it low key.

KW - Staying on the ship
GC - Probably stay on the ship
Cozumel - THinking about going to Paradise Beach
Castaway Cay-Parasailing

No documents here either.

marlaymike
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
No papers here in Puerto Rico! We received the first week of December the papers for our Magical Express for the same trip (01/06-01/07) but not for the cruise.

tksbaskets
12-11-2006, 09:14 PM

Here is our list:

Only 19 more days!!

Key West = look for frozen Key Lime pie on a stick
Grand Cayman = Aqua Boat and Snorkel adventure
Cozumel = Tropical Jeep Safari Tour
Castaway Cay = Banana boat ride :banana:

iwynlea
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
No official excursions here...just wandering around KW, probably won't get off in Cozumel, and maybe one of the beaches in GC. Castaway Cay is easy...hammock on Serenity Bay!

We're debating if we want to REALLY splurge and do a couples villa thing, but it's awfully expensive! We'd want the one where we can do the warm stone massage...sounds heavenly, but for almost $500, I can do a lot of other stuff, too...so we'll see! Plus, it depends if it's booked by the time we get to the spa, so the decision might be out of my hands! :rotfl:

Got a new camera, a Canon S3 IS for the trip. Now I just have to decide if I want to open it or take it back and spend THAT money on something else and use my old camera! :rotfl2:

Q's My Princess
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
We're debating if we want to REALLY splurge and do a couples villa thing, but it's awfully expensive! We'd want the one where we can do the warm stone massage...sounds heavenly, but for almost $500, I can do a lot of other stuff, too...so we'll see! Plus, it depends if it's booked by the time we get to the spa, so the decision might be out of my hands! :rotfl:

DH and I are also considering doing the villa....it sounds amazing from what I have read on the boards...much better than the old couples massage in a tiny room. Has anyone here been in the spa villas?

On our last cruise DH and I had a couples cabana massage on CC...it was a lot of fun...except for the fact that we missed lunch! :confused3

Q's My Princess
12-12-2006, 12:58 PM
What time is everyone arriving at the port??

We plan on arriving early, hoping to change our dining time to early seating. My 90-year old grandmother and our 5-year old daughter will each have a tough time with 8:00 pm seating! :love:

If others are arriving early we would love to meet up before we board the ship...it can tend to be a long wait...and I know the last time we cruised with DD(5) she met other kids in the terminal and remained friends throughout the cruise! :grouphug:

iwynlea
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
What time is everyone arriving at the port??

I'm shooting for 9:30am or so, but it really depends how late we arrive at the Raddison the night before, which depends how late we stay and shop at WDW! :teeth:

I want lots of time to get pics of the port itself without rushing to get onboard, since our last two cruises, that's what I've forgotten to do! Plus I want to get on as soon as we can, since we booked too late to make Palo ressies online. I REALLY want to eat there on NYE (right along with every other adult on the ship, right?!)

I always have my LGMH on my camera bag...so I'm usually easy to identify! :rotfl:

We Love the Mouse!
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
We will be getting to the port early. I would like to be there at 10:00. We are staying at the Radisson the night before and I want to be on the first shuttle. Last time we made it on the frist shuttle and were one fo the first few people in the terminal. Of course, that was backed when you then immediately staked out your place in line. I am hoping for a low boarding number. We get so excited to get on the ship. I think a DIS meet before boarding would be fun.

Ami

marlaymike
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Just to let you all know that we received our documents today! We are a very happy family. . . ;)

Q's My Princess
12-12-2006, 06:29 PM
We are getting so excited for this cruise...can't believe how quickly we will be cruising!! :teeth: :wizard:

So you can find us in the terminal...here is a picture of part of our group from our October trip to Disneyland...DH & I with our three kids, Sean, Katie & Quincy. :grouphug: Our wonderful babysitter, Margarita, won't be joining us. We will also have my parents and grandmother. I can't wait to have a picture of all us from New Year's Eve...the Shutters photographers will be busy with our group!! :cheer2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lhiguera/SCAN0077.jpg

Q's My Princess
12-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Just to let you all know that we received our documents today! We are a very happy family. . . ;)
Congratulations!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Q's My Princess
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
We get so excited to get on the ship. I think a DIS meet before boarding would be fun.

Ami
Ami,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets excited the morning of departure! :thumbsup2 DH always makes fun of me for wanting to be at the port so early. :rotfl2:
My daughter, Quincy, who turns 6 in February, will be excited to meet your daughter!

tksbaskets
12-12-2006, 08:51 PM
We will be at WDW before the cruise so we probably won't be getting to port before 1 pm on the DCL bus. 14 days till we leave for WDW. No docs here in Michigan.
TK

two-foxes
12-13-2006, 08:35 AM
I keep checking the DCL website in vain to see if we got upgraded....no such luck! I doubt there are any cat 3's left, but we may check at port just to see. It may not hurt to ask, but the cost of the upgrade sure may hurt!

We will probably arrive by 1000-1030 assuming our morning at Budget goes well. The one lesson I learned last cruise was to keep good track of our boarding ticket. I (no suprise) misplaced our ticket, and we had #1 boarding. I found it, but not after some drama and emptying out of bags. I may give it to DH to keep track of now!

DH just got home last night after being overseas for 2 months :goodvibes....We are sooooo needing this vacation!

Q's My Princess
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
My parents in Florida received their documents yesterday...anyone else receive their docs??

iwynlea
12-14-2006, 02:34 PM
No docs here yet...but I don't trust our mailman to properly deliver the mail, so for all I know they're sitting in someone else's box right now :p

Q's My Princess
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM
We received our docs!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! :wizard:

iwynlea
12-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Doing the Doc Dance!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

They came UPS, so I almost didn't see the little envelope on our front porch, since the guy didn't ring the bell! If I hadn't been hanging a Christmas wreath on the door, it might have been days before I found it!!

CrusinLattas
12-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi All!

I am so slow to check out this board on this cruise! We went in Sept. 2005 and booked this cruise onboard and I have not slowed down since to see who would be on the New Year's cruise with us! It will be myself, DH and DD - 2yr and DS - 9 month old...guess you can see why it has taken so long to get online this time! Anyway! We are looking forward to it. If anywone else on her has small children and are doing the slow low key trip let me know and maybe we can sit with the babies together sometime!

Nice to meet you all!

Renee :wave2: - Crusinlattas

Q's My Princess
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi All!

I am so slow to check out this board on this cruise! We went in Sept. 2005 and booked this cruise onboard and I have not slowed down since to see who would be on the New Year's cruise with us! It will be myself, DH and DD - 2yr and DS - 9 month old...guess you can see why it has taken so long to get online this time! Anyway! We are looking forward to it. If anywone else on her has small children and are doing the slow low key trip let me know and maybe we can sit with the babies together sometime!

Nice to meet you all!

Renee :wave2: - Crusinlattas
Welcome aboard Renee! :cheer2:

tksbaskets
12-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Welcome Renee! Our docs arrived in Michigan today :banana: :banana: writer's cramp is awaiting me.
TK

jfletcher
12-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Hello everyone. I just discovered this web site today.

We just received our docs and we are going on this cruise! We live in Nothern California and have a 7-year-old girl and a 3.5-year-old boy. We are soooo excited.

I still have so many questions.

My wife and I were just discussing blowing off the formal night just because she doesn't want to bring the extra nice outfits for all four of us. I think she forgot about New Year's Eve.

Do men really need a tux? Or would just a sport coat and tie work? How about for the ladies? And the kids?

What about just ditching the kids for the formal night? Do they have stuff at the clubs in the evenings for the kids if you want to have dinner without them?

I have sooooo many more questions, but we'll start with these.

We Love the Mouse!
12-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Welcome Renee and JFletcher! :)

Our docs arrived today and I didn't even know. I happened to go out the garage last night and the delivery person had put them inside the garage door. :cool1:

JFletcher- We have a dd 6 and a ds 3.5 so I am sure that they may see each other in the clubs.

As for dressing up, I think people dress up more than usual for NYE than they may for regular formal nights. You do see alot of tuxes but it is all about your personal choice. I am sure a suit coat would be fine. It is nice to get some great pictures with the family all dressed up.

Ami

Q's My Princess
12-16-2006, 11:09 AM

We just received our docs and we are going on this cruise! We live in Nothern California and have a 7-year-old girl and a 3.5-year-old boy. We are soooo excited.

My wife and I were just discussing blowing off the formal night just because she doesn't want to bring the extra nice outfits for all four of us. I think she forgot about New Year's Eve.

Do men really need a tux? Or would just a sport coat and tie work? How about for the ladies? And the kids?

What about just ditching the kids for the formal night? Do they have stuff at the clubs in the evenings for the kids if you want to have dinner without them?

Welcome jfletcher!!

We are also in NoCal (Napa to be exact!)...where are you??

Regarding your question about the tux...there will be plenty of people not bringing or renting a tux and will go with a dark jacket. But, I have to agree with Ami, that because it is New Year's Eve, many people will dress up.

As for keeping the kids in the clubs on formal night...we did that a number of times on our 14-day cruise and DD was fine...actually, she was more upset when we picked her up! :sunny:

Welcome again!

jfletcher
12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey Q's. We live in Danville, in the East Bay.

Since it's going to be NYE, my wife and I decided to do the formal night (I'm renting a tux) and just send the kids out to the Oceaneer Club. (I think they will like the food there better than at the regular dinners anyway!)

Here's another question for those who have cruised at this time of year: What will the weather really be like? The literature says to bring sweaters or jackets for the evening, but is that really necessary? The less stuff we bring the better!

two-foxes
12-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey Q's. We live in Danville, in the East Bay.

Since it's going to be NYE, my wife and I decided to do the formal night (I'm renting a tux) and just send the kids out to the Oceaneer Club. (I think they will like the food there better than at the regular dinners anyway!)

Here's another question for those who have cruised at this time of year: What will the weather really be like? The literature says to bring sweaters or jackets for the evening, but is that really necessary? The less stuff we bring the better!

The closest to this time of the year we cruised was in February. Florida and the sailaway party was cold. I wore a fleece jacket, capris and sandles (with cold feet!). We are from Colorado, so it really was cold! CC was perfect. The water was too cold to really hang out and swim for a long period of time, but with the sun shining, it was a perfect day to relax and lie in the sun. Anytime on deck is cool in the evening, even in the warmer months. Absolutely bring a jacket and at least one pair of jeans.

Welcome aboard!!!!

two-foxes
12-16-2006, 06:40 PM
We are also in NoCal (Napa to be exact!)...where are you??

LUCKY!!! What a beautiful place to live! When I was a kid, we visted there often thanks to my dad's love of wine. I kept asking my parents if I could live there....I told them I would pick grapes for money!

By the way, any idea on times or places for a quick Dis meet among the boarding chaos? I know 3:00 has worked in the past for other groups at like the Prominade Lounge....any ideas of other places /times for those interested???

Q's My Princess
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Need to bump us off the 2nd page!!

So few days left...hard to believe we'll be cruising in less than two weeks!

Maybe we can meet on deck 10 for a quick pre-sailaway dis-meet at 3:00pm...anyone else interested??

I would love to get the kids in the 5-7 age group together so they can also make new friends. How about it Moms & Dads? :wizard:

iwynlea
12-18-2006, 12:29 PM
:wave: Hello, Renee and JFletcher!

Well, my DH graduated college on Saturday, and the last of the family left last night, so today is rest day! I'm pooped from getting the house ready, cooking, cooking, and more cooking, and then playing hostess for three days! We're so ready for the cruise!!

We'll be leaving one week from tomorrow, wheee! Of course, we won't hit Orlando until the evening of the 27th, but at least we'll be on the road!

I got a new camera, which I tried out for the first time at DH's graduation. I think it'll be a lot of fun to have on this trip...told DH we have to go out walking this weekend to look at the neighborhood Christmas lights, so I can try out the camera at night-time shots, since we'll be taking so many of them at WDW!

Ok, off to rest some more...and catch up on the DIS! Oh, and I'm up for whatever and whereever for a meet! The last cruise, I think we met up about 3:30 or 4:00pm right before the muster drill, but it was outside and hard to find everyone - LOL! So I think the Prominade Lounge would be fine, or deck 10...we'll be there, regardless! :)

~Erica

CrusinLattas
12-18-2006, 05:20 PM
:yay:

Hello Again! Well, we did part of the 'family' Christmas this weekend in OK City and when we got home on our door was a Mickey Mouse Bag full of great stuff from my travel agent along with our cruise documents! She put in the bag a nice sized Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals and a Winnie the Pooh picutre frame and gave us a calander for next year and document holders for our documents. All of which I thought was very thoughtful and a great send off!

Two Foxes - I was as far along with my son on my last Disney Cruise! It was a great time to be pregnant - not worrying that much about weight gain and far enough along to have a massage! Nice to know if you want pizza or ice cream you can send DH and he can come back quick!

My son has yet another ear ache and we are scheduled to get tubes Saturday before Christmas! I am glad they could work him in before the trip! It should make it a more fun travel experience for all involved! Especially the airplane part of the trip!!!! I don't know what life will be like getting to sleep through the night again! Anyway, I hear he should be up and running right after the operation so we'll see.

I would love to do the meet time with all, but not sure with the two little ones what the schedules will be like. I have my fingers crossed that my daughter will get into the Oceaneers Club. I talked to them and they said if she was articulate and potty trained they might let her in even though she was only two. We'll see how she does with all the excitement. She thrives on travel and change but sometimes it takes her a little while to talk with someone new and I also wonder about potty accidents with all the excitement of the club! Does anyone know if they will allow pull-ups?

It is amazing to me how few people are on this board! Our last cruise was in September - not full and in hurricane season and we had a huge group on the DIS board. Of course we all had less going on that time of year so I guess that makes sense!

Does anyone know much about golf cart rental on Key West? That sounded like a fun thing to do with the little ones. I was also wondering if anyone with small children had ideas for Cozemel? I am leaning towards enjoying a less crowded boat that day but thought if there was a low key fun kid thing near the boat we may try that. I know we are staying on the boat at Grand Cayman. We went there on our honeymoon over July 4th and if it is a full crowd the getting on and off the island is a nightmare! Probably will not be as bad as it was heat wise, but don't see putting the babies through the whole tendering thing!

Is everyone planning on booking their next trip while on board? I think we will book next years Eastern Carribean over Christmas.

OK, that's enough about me and questions!

I can't believe it is less than two weeks away!!!

Renee :bounce:

We Love the Mouse!
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone,

We would be up for a meet in either place. I know my kids will want to be front and center for the sailaway party but a meet just before would be cool. I think it would be nice to get the 5-7's together since there seems to be several of them on this board.

I haven't started any packing yet. I guess that's what the 26th, 27th and 28th will be for. Has anyone done any door signs? I had good intentions but haven't done anything with them yet. I seem to be the least prepared for this cruise!
My DH and I were talking last night and he said "I suppose you'll want o rebook onboard" Yeah!!! We hadn't talked about it and I'm not sure when we can go again but it sure is hard to get off the ship without the next one on the horizon.
I can't wait until Christmas Day and my kids find out we are going. They are going to be so excited. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Ami

marlaymike
12-18-2006, 07:59 PM

Hi! We are not a nice dressing family. . . my dh is going with dockers and a long sleeve shirt, and me with dockers like woman pants and a nice shirt. Remember you are the one paying out the cruise not anyone else. We are from Puerto Rico and can't travel with a nicer outfit, think about it!

We went during the summer and never went to dinner in a nice outfit, just with the outfit we were wearing. Hope this helps you!! Don't blow off the formal night just because she doesn't want to bring an extra outfit!

Q's My Princess
12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Ami,

Because it is my parents, grandmother's and our two older kids first Disney cruise, I worked up a few magnetic door signs for them. Hopefully I will be able to put them up before they get to their rooms! :thumbsup2

suzynuprin
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi all - I've been too busy planning our cruise and haven't checked the board! Am I the only person that hasn't received their cruise docs? Grr...calling Costco travel tomorrow. Apparently, we don't get mail in Chicago.

We have three kids traveling with us - Delaney (7), Jack (4 1/2) and Max (3...and yeah, fully potty trained!).

Look forward to seeing everyone on the boat.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a cruise planning guide for our trip, just send me your e-mail, and I'll send you the Word doc (all 54 pages...scary...)

Su

jfletcher
12-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi all - I've been too busy planning our cruise and haven't checked the board! Am I the only person that hasn't received their cruise docs? Grr...calling Costco travel tomorrow. Apparently, we don't get mail in Chicago.

We have three kids traveling with us - Delaney (7), Jack (4 1/2) and Max (3...and yeah, fully potty trained!).

Look forward to seeing everyone on the boat.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a cruise planning guide for our trip, just send me your e-mail, and I'll send you the Word doc (all 54 pages...scary...)

Su

A cruise-planning guide? What, dare I ask, is that?

Q's My Princess
12-19-2006, 11:51 AM
A cruise-planning guide? What, dare I ask, is that?
I don't know...but, I want to check it out!! :sunny: :thumbsup2 You can never have too much information for planning!! :joker:

cruiseman
12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if anyone else is going to the black pearl skatepark at grand cayman? Me (12) and my bro (14). And if there are any other 12 or 14 year old range going. :thumbsup2

I CANT WAIT!!!!! 12 days till the cruise.

We are going to WDW for 3 1/2 days before. It is going to be so fun! :cool1:

Q's My Princess
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
The countdown continues....10 more days! :cheer2:

iwynlea
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
One week from today we'll be in Orlando! Whoooo! Tomorrow we have to get my car's oil changed & tires rotated so we can actually get from here to there! :-P

I really don't want to work this week...I'd rather be planning and packing! :cool1:

two-foxes
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
We are literally having a blizzard here.....took me 1.5 hours to make the 6 mile journey from my work today. I didn't think we'd get hit as hard as we did, so DH met me at work with the 4x4 for me to drive while he followed me home in the sedan I mistakenly took this morning. The 4 Runner made it all the way home safely in the garage....well, the Volvo didn't :guilty: All's I can say is that the thought of getting on that ship is even more inviting now...if that was possible!

HillPete
12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself. We just got bumped from the December 26 4-nighter due to over booking, so we'll be sailing with you lovely folks instead!
My name is Hillary and I'll be travelling with my DH, Pete, our 2 DS' ages 6 and 4 and my DDad, Bob. This trip is a dream come true for us so we're very excited.
Is there a DIS meet planned?

See you soon!
--H

PS - I have to change my ticker!!

marlaymike
12-21-2006, 04:03 AM
Hi HillPete!! I really don't know if we will be having a meeting. . .

two-foxes, I have to tell you that I'm in Puerto Rico and its just raining, but hot! Hope that in our trip is sunny so you can take a break of the snow!

iwynlea
12-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi, HillPete! You were BUMPED from your Cruise?! Goodness -- I had no idea they could DO that...but that's great that you now get a 7-night instead...I hope it doesn't kink your flight/drive/time off from work plans too much!!

As for a meet, I hope we can do one, but we seem to be a pretty indecisive bunch in terms of when and where :rotfl:

Q's My Princess
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself. We just got bumped from the December 26 4-nighter due to over booking, so we'll be sailing with you lovely folks instead!
My name is Hillary and I'll be travelling with my DH, Pete, our 2 DS' ages 6 and 4 and my DDad, Bob. This trip is a dream come true for us so we're very excited.
Is there a DIS meet planned?

See you soon!
--H

PS - I have to change my ticker!!
I read about the overbooking from the main cruise thread....welcome aboard!! That will be great going from a 4 day to a 7 day! :thumbsup2

We have quite a contingent of 5-7 year olds!

As for meets, we will be arriving at the terminal early and will attempt to stake out an area on the curved sofas. We are also going to try and have a pre-sailaway meet at Diversions (someone correct me if I have the wrong location!).

Q's My Princess
12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
We are literally having a blizzard here.....took me 1.5 hours to make the 6 mile journey from my work today. I didn't think we'd get hit as hard as we did, so DH met me at work with the 4x4 for me to drive while he followed me home in the sedan I mistakenly took this morning. The 4 Runner made it all the way home safely in the garage....well, the Volvo didn't :guilty: All's I can say is that the thought of getting on that ship is even more inviting now...if that was possible!
two-foxes...sorry to hear about your snowstorm and your car!! But, glad to hear you & your dh made it home safely! Here's to sunny :sunny: days!

MrToady
12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I know I am late to the party, but I tend to leave things for the last minute. We will be joining you on the New Year's cruise. Myself (Cyrus), DW (Barbara) and DD (4). We booked the cruise while we were on the Magic last year. We are coming from New York City.

Q's My Princess
12-21-2006, 02:39 PM
My family and I would like to leave gifts for our disboards friends on their cabin fish during the cruise. If you and your family would like to receive a little pirate: something, please pm me with your cabin number and the number of people in your cabin. :wizard:

marlaymike
12-21-2006, 05:37 PM
One thing that I forgot is that my DH b-day is on 01/04 and I will be taking some stuff for decorating the room. Someone knows when can I give the castmembers to help me with it?

cruiseman
12-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Only 8 more days!!!!!!!!
I cant wait!
The food
the fun
the food! :thumbsup2

We Love the Mouse!
12-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Okay, was anyone else in serious withdrawal from the boards the past two days? :surfweb:

We need to firm up our meet plans since some people are leaving within the next few days. We had talked about a pre boarding meet. I think someone said they would be on the curved couches at the end of the terminal towards the ship( correct me if I am wrong) and then we talked about a meet before sailaway. Is it in diversions or somewhere else and at what time?

I can't wait to tell the kids tomorrow, then the packing can begin!!!:woohoo:

Ami

jfletcher
12-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey everyone! You all excited as me. I think I'm more excited than my wife or kids, because I've been doing all the reserach on the boards and reading books.

One question: does anyone know for sure if they will be doing the formal on Monday night (NYE) and then a casual on Tuesday? I assume they aren't doing two formal nights, and I assume they aren't keeping the formal on New Year's Day, but I wasn't sure.

I also read somewhere someone thought they might switch the fireworks from Pirate night to NYE?

Anyone know the skinny on all this?

iwynlea
12-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi, all! We're leaving tomorrow! Whee! We'd like to leave a little something at our DIS friends staterooms...if you'd like us to leave you something, please PM me your stateroom number! Or, if we can set up a meet before then, we'll collect stateroom numbers then, too! :)

Ok, time to get packing -- and I have to sort all my pins to figure out which I'm bringing to trade and which I'm adding to my collection!

Merry Christmas!

~Erica

two-foxes
12-25-2006, 02:06 PM
PLEASE send some pixie dust our way!!! I have been having some not so nice medical problems that just popped up since the blizzard (go figure) and all my doctors office's have been closed since Wednesday and will be until tomorrow. I had to go to the ER this AM (Merry Christmas!!!) and hope this gets resolved by THURSDAY at 0725 (when our flight leaves) or no cruising for us!!! So, I am begging for pixie dust and whatever other well wishes you can send our way! We NEED this cruise! Yep, we've got trip insurance, but I sure as heck don't wanna use it.

iwynlea
12-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone! You all excited as me. I think I'm more excited than my wife or kids, because I've been doing all the reserach on the boards and reading books.

One question: does anyone know for sure if they will be doing the formal on Monday night (NYE) and then a casual on Tuesday? I assume they aren't doing two formal nights, and I assume they aren't keeping the formal on New Year's Day, but I wasn't sure.

I also read somewhere someone thought they might switch the fireworks from Pirate night to NYE?

Anyone know the skinny on all this?

Wish I knew - it would help with today's packing! Anyone tried calling DCL and asking? :p

We Love the Mouse!
12-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Iwynlea -- Have a safe trip today.

two-foxes-- Sending lots of pixie dust your way. I hope all is okay.

jfletcher-- I wish I knew for sure what they were going to do. I think when we went on the NYE two years ago they had formal night on NYE and then two semi-formal nights but I am not positive.

4 more days!!!!!

Ami

Q's My Princess
12-26-2006, 11:45 AM
PLEASE send some pixie dust our way!!! I have been having some not so nice medical problems that just popped up since the blizzard (go figure) and all my doctors office's have been closed since Wednesday and will be until tomorrow. I had to go to the ER this AM (Merry Christmas!!!) and hope this gets resolved by THURSDAY at 0725 (when our flight leaves) or no cruising for us!!! So, I am begging for pixie dust and whatever other well wishes you can send our way! We NEED this cruise! Yep, we've got trip insurance, but I sure as heck don't wanna use it.

Pixie Dust two-foxes...

We Love the Mouse!
12-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I am also trying to put together a little gift for the Disers'. Please PM me your name and stateroom # if interested.

Thanks

Ami

jfletcher
12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
FWIW, my wife just called DCL and they told her the formal night is still MONDAY, even though Sunday night is NYE. In other words, it's the normal 7-night schedule.

That still seems odd to me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Q's My Princess
12-29-2006, 07:20 AM
One more day!!!:cool1: :cool1:

iwynlea
12-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Whee! Our hotel has internet! Probably won't be online much tonight, so I just wanted to say SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW!!! Look for me -- I'll have my lime green mickey head on my camera bag -- please say hello!

Erica

two-foxes
12-29-2006, 03:12 PM
We were able to get out okay from Denver yesterday. Our flight was at 7:25 am, so we thankfully missed the weather. I guess Frontier cancelled all flights in the afternoon, so we are lucky. Obviously, all health issues are good to go for the cruise. I unfortunately will never be one of those mom's who say they loved every second of being pregnant, but I'll have some good ammunition for little junior when they are being a typical teenager...."do you know what I had to deal with when I was pregnant with you?!?!?!";)

We are now at the Residence Inn at port. GREAT hotel...I will highly recommend it for a prenight stay. Had a fabulous time at the candlelight processional at Epcot last night. Absolutely amazing!!!

Hopefully we will meet some of you at port. I'll be running around in a red t shirt with a cute, cheesy (but cute!) message on my belly! Only Disney fans seem to get it!!!

Safe travels to all.

DebbieFuco
12-30-2006, 05:19 PM
We hope you all are having a great time. We were unable to leave St. Louis this morning. Our weather was fine, but our plane never made it from wherever it was coming from. Our flight was supposed to be at 6:55 a.m. this morning, we got to the airport at 5:15 a.m. to learn the flight had been cancelled. We tried EVERYTHING. Disney tried, too. We couldn't get into an airport within driving distance in time to board the ship.

I'm SO depressed! I keep saying, now we would be doing this or that...

We were part of a family reunion group of 24 and there were 9 people in the St. Louis party. I talked to the rest of the group as they were on the Magical Express arriving at the terminal/port. I know they will have a good time and so will you, all.

Disney is giving us a credit to rebook our cruise within 12 months. It won't be the same, though.

I hope you have great fun and create lasting memories.

Smooth sailing!