PDA

View Full Version : Hi - my name is

julia & nicks mom
11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Julia and Nick's mom and I am a Disney Design addict!!

So a lot of us already know each other - but I thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to come here and see who's who in the DDA -

you must begin your post with the admission though!! (oh and if you think you are not a DDA - just wait!!!)

My name is Kate - known around here as Queen Kate - not sure if that is a good or bad thing! :rolleyes1

I love to design - I have designed over 250 shirts for DISers - that does not include the different personalizations I have added - that would put me close to 1000!!!

Here is a link to my designs:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b148/DisneyTShirts/

I have two kids and I will give you one guess on their names!!! We are DVC owners and took our last trip in Oct 2005 - we hope to cruise in May 07 and go to WDW in Dec 07 - not having a trip in sight is very difficult!! So I am happy to live vicariously through others and making shirts!!

Tammi67
11-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Hello...my name is Tammi67...and I am a Disney Design Addict. People around here just call me Tammi.

I have not contributed one design to any of the 10,000+ posts, but I have certainly kept Kate, Denise (Triplefigs) and others busy coming up with designs for me. So I guess you could say I delegate. I have become addicted not only to shirt designing but to the friends I have made here.

I have a DS6in3weeks, a DD3 and a DH42. We took our first family trip Dec. '04 and fell in love with all things Disney. Well, I did, and I am slowly converting my children. We are going again this December, for which I am frantically organizing my t-shirt schedule. After reading all about MNSSHP I would like to plan a quick trip for October. Our next big trip will be in April, '07 for DD's 5th bday. DGM and DGF will be coming along as well. So I will be planning shirts for the next year and a half!

miss missy
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
:o :o :o :o :o

dumby
11-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi my name is Dumby (Delinda) in alabama... and I am a DDA addict. I love every thing Disney. My family calls me a disney freak. Love love love the t-shirt designs. I have not made any yet but have had a few request. Every one on this board ROCKS.

I have a tripped planned for Feb 15-22 at POR with my DM, DS, DNeice and Dgreatneice. Can't wait to go and wear our shirts.

Thanks DDA designers for all you do.

edited to include my admission :rotfl2:

Tammi67
11-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Oh Kate----some people here are not following the Queen's rules and reciting the DDA mantra......:teeth:

Remember, admission is the first step to recovery.

julia & nicks mom
11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh Kate----some people here are not following the Queen's rules and reciting the DDA mantra......:teeth:

Remember, admission is the first step to recovery.

I was noticing that myself!! :rotfl:

I know it is natural to be in denial - but eventually we all have that lightbulb moment - for me it was around 1:00 am the night before I left for WDW and Denise asked me how many shirts I had left to make and my answer was ONLY 10!!! :rotfl:

Lyn5
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi, I am Lyn and as of less than two weeks ago I have converted to being a DDA when some DIS friends showed me the wonderful flour/water shirts on your t-shirt thread. I haven't done the iron ons, but I may try those next (love the designs). I have been doing shirts with paint...hope that counts in being a part of the group. I have a DH, DS (5) and DD (3)...our first family trip to WDW is in 13 days :teeth: Nice to meet everyone :wave2:

MazdaUK
11-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi, I am Mazda and I am a Disney Design Addict.

I'm not skillful enough to come up with designs myself, but I have made two T's for my DS's to wear at DS(6) birthday party this Sunday - if I get to grips with posting the pics :badpc: I'll post the shirts on here somehow! Currently working on designs for Christmas pillowcases - but new designs keep appearing so I'm wondering if there'll be a clear space for the little heads to rest :rotfl2:

I spend far too long on here for someone without a trip in prospect :guilty:

I also labour under the disadvantage of living far from Michaels by several thousand miles and a big stretch of ocean :rotfl:

lmartin2711
11-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi....my name is Lynn and I am a Disney Design Addict. Like a few others....I contribute nothing towards the designs. I like to throw out ideas and request but I don't have the computer software or knowledge to even know what I am doing.

I have made 2 Disney shirts for birthday presents and 2 shirts for Disney on Ice trips. The 1st shirts I did for a birthday present were a "flop".....but.....I rebounded on the Disney on Ice designs and did some beautiful tshirts w/ The Incredibles w/ the help of Queen Kate of course.

I have 2 step children (DD24, DS27).....I consider them my own since I raised them since K and 2nd grade. They always lived with us. They are both married and have given me 2 beautifal grandchildren.....Haley 5, Jake 2.....and one more on the way. My husband have two boys of our own, Austin 12 and Alex 8.

We have Magical Gathering planned for Dec 06/Jan 07. We are staying off-site in Formosa Gardens in an 8 bedroom villa. There will be 18 of us going....that's alot of people. My mom will be celebrating her 60th birthday with all of us on Jan 1, 2007. We will defenitly all have matching shirts that day.

Thanks for listening or reading I guess. I love ya'll more than my "red luggage".......and if you were a member of my family you would know that is alot because I really do LOVE my red luggage......family joke :banana:

Bye for now. Lynn

mgkkgdm
11-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi, My name is Paul.

Thats It.

lmartin2711
11-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi, My name is Paul.
Thats It.

Paul, Thanks alot.....did you have to post right after I wrote my book. Just like a man to be short and to the point.

Lynn :earsgirl:

julia & nicks mom
11-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Paul, Thanks alot.....did you have to post right after I wrote my book. Just like a man to be short and to the point.

Lynn :earsgirl:

I think Paul might need some help!!!

lmartin2711
11-10-2005, 08:12 AM
I think Paul might need some help!!!
MARTI, MARTI.....WHERE ARE YOU??

Paul isn't playing nice again.

tinkernelllec
11-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi My name is Ronelle. I have been lurking around since the very beginning. I don't think you can call me a DDA as I don't have the creative juices as everyone else, but I do LOVE to make shirts and I have tiedyed too. I think it is great that this is now on its own and CONGRATULATIONS!! :goodvibes

CarolinaBlue
11-10-2005, 08:17 AM
My name is Karen and I am a Disney Design Addict. The t-shirt board is the first one I read everyday. I haven't made any original designs because I do not have the software to do so. Y'all have so many great designs, I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to use for my December trip. :confused3

Tammi67
11-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Paul - Come on...you can do better than that....

I love seeing the new names on here. Now that we have our own thread maybe the lurkers will stop lurking and start chatting!

Ronelle...where around Pittsburgh are you from? I am originally from Butler.

disney newbie
11-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi, my name is Disney Newbie (Jamie) and I am addicted to this board. I chose my screen name because I haven't been to Disneyworld since my honeymoon in 1982, so I'm going to feel like a newbie when we take another trip. Speaking of which, we will be going in January with my DS who is 20 and DNephew who will celebrate his 5th birthday there. Can't wait!

I live in South Central Illinois 1/2 way between Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO.

I love these shirt designs (and the designers).

arizonacolbys
11-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi, my name is Emily & I'm on my way to becoming a Disney Design Addict!! :rotfl:

I found this board last night & am so excited to start making my own shirts. I have been happily married to my hubby for 5 years & we have taken 7 trips to WDW together since 2000. We are always trying to plan another trip - looks like we'll be returning next Sept/Oct - hoping to attend my 1st MNSSHP & Food & Wine Fest. No kids yet - just 2 crazy labs that keep us entertained. :teeth:

As soon as I can find some blank t-shirts & transfer paper, I'm going to start the process - I've already been playing around with clip-art on my computer! LOL

I may try to make a couple shirts as Christmas gifts - my little SIL is 11 & is in love with The Nightmare Before Christmas right now - I thought it'd be a cute idea to make her a Jack shirt. :)

Thanks for all the inspiration & great ideas!! :teeth: :wave2:

kelleigh1
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
My name is Kelleigh1 (aka Raquel, aka Kel, aka whatever people decide to call me as long as it's not Rachel) and I'm not yet a DDA, but I latched onto Kate to design a shirt for our upcoming trip. It will be a Christmas gift for hubby and I'm still debating putting our names on them. Since I can never find my name on anything, I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

I'm a cross-stitcher and I'm learning to knit. I used to do shirts and transfers, but never created my own. I'd by the pre-made ones and then use the paint to outline and design. My mother worked at Joann's many years ago and that's how I got involved with crafts.

Personal info...married for about a year and a half, no kids or pets. Kids are a possibility. Pets are unlikely. Husband loves Pooh and I've always been a Mickey fan. Hubby's last trip was about 18 years ago. My first trip was about 6 years ago.

CheriePenguin
11-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi! :wave2: My name is CheriePenguin and I'm a Disney Design Addict!

I've gotten hooked on reading the T-shirt designs thread, and have been dabbling with some designs myself - some original and some tweaked from the great ideas of others.

We are taking our first holiday Disney trip, and first family trip, with my son who will be 20 months old. We are heading to Disney World the Monday after Thanksgiving! We'll be attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dec 1st.

bethbuchall
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi, my name is Beth and I'm a lurking Disney Design Addict!

I jumped on the original thread before we had any idea what it would grow into. I haven't posted much, but I'm getting started.

I haven't actually designed any shirts yet, but I keep meaning to get to it just as soon as <fill in the blank> is done around here. I am planning a trip for August 2006 (though I don't have any arrangements made yet), so I think that I'll get more active after the first of the year. I did make a birthday shirt for my ds when we went in May 2004, and I had also made Mickey tie dyes for that trip. So in some ways, I'm ahead of the times. :rotfl:

Dh and I have three kids: ds14, dd12, and ds6.

Beth

MinnieMouseMom
11-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi. I'm Kelli. I'm a Disney Design Addict. I've been married to Craig for 12+ years and we have 2 gorgeous girls, 11 & 4. We're going to WDW in 22 days!! :cool1:

Glynis
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Hope this isn't a duplicate. My computer burped while I was writing.

Anyway, my name is Glynis and I'm a Disney Design Addict. I joined back in the beginning and was immediately hooked. I don't design, but I love looking and planning for future trips. Queen Kate designed a gorgeous shirt for my families trip to Disneyland last September, and I made 20 shirts for everyone. We got noticed like crazy, and people stopped us all day long to comment on the shirts. Thanks, Kate! I love this board, and have already decided I need another trip in order to use the designs I have saved. I think that qualifies me as an addict, right?

triplefigs
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi~! My name is Denise, and I am a full-fledged card carrying member of the DDA! This is an awesome place. Around here everyone knows I am also completely addicted to Diet Coke (the official beverage of the DDA) and had a Poop Patrol episode this fall (search the main thread for all the fun). What can I say, my life is never dull as...

I am the mom of boy/boy/girl triplets who are 5. I love designing shirts, especially Christmas ones! I've been married to my DH for 10 years, and we Disneymooned at the Poly.

We are taking the kids in 2+ weeks for their first trip to the World. I am making over 25 shirts for our 8 day trip. I love the girls and men of this board. When I say this is HOME, I mean it.

Join the fun! WE ROCK!

bear74
11-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi! I'm bear74(aka Jennifer, aka Olivia's mommy) and I'm a Disney Design Addict. even though I have not designed any shirts as I dont now how to use any of the programs and am not sure what programs we have on the computer. But I do enjoy looking at all the designs and trying to figure out which ones I'm going to use on our trip.
DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in '02 our first trip. We are planning on taking our DD who is 2 next year.

disneyeveryyear
11-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi, my name is DisneyEveryYear (aka Beverly) and I am a DDA Addict. I am unable to create these wonderful designs (DDA), but am addicted to reading the thread.

I am married 18+ years with 2 DK - DS11 and DD6.

I am leaving in less than 2 days!

Goingforbroke
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi! My name is Lori and I am a proud member of the DDA Lurking Division. I have been lurking on this board since the beginning, but since I am too computer illiterate to contribute any designs to the board I just try to stay in the background. I feel like I "know" so many of you that it would only be fair to tell you a little about myself. We're a family of 5 headed to the World one week from Sunday!! :banana: I figured if I have to turn 35, then why not do it in Disney. You can't be depressed at the Happiest Place on Earth, right!?! I have been following all of your advice to the letter. I purchased my t-shirts from blankshirtstore.com and I ordered my transfer paper from the ebay lady. My shirts are still sitting in the box and I still haven't decided which designs I am using. I'm too scared to commit for fear I'll get them all done and then I'll fall in love with a new one! :rolleyes1 Someone please give me the kick in the rear I need to get these things done. I'm afraid I'll end up ruining them all. Oh well. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for always managing to put a smile on my face! :wave2:

astarr
11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi! My name is Angie and I found you guys through a link in someone's signature in another thread. I am so glad I did. I've been very bummed because I don't think we're going to make it to Disney this year and this thread has inspired me. So maybe now I'll have something to focus on other than the fact that we aren't going to Disney til next year!
Just wanted to say that you guys are so talented. I haven't had a chance to check out all the designs but you guys are awesome.
My hubby and I just love Disney. We honeymooned there in 91. We've really enjoyed being able to take our daughter there the last 4 years and maybe we'll get lucky and manage to squeeze a trip in before next fall.

Baloo
11-10-2005, 12:56 PM
:earsboy: WELCOME to the DIS astarr !!! :earsboy:

Hope you stick around and check all the various boards we have around here at the DIS! Lots of information to be found about WDW plus a good place to hang out while jonesing for another trip!! ::MickeyMo

bethbuchall
11-10-2005, 01:47 PM
... I've been married to my DH for 10 years, and we Disneymooned at the Poly.

Dh and I Disneymooned at the Poly, too, but it's been closer to 18 year for us.

Beth

KMH1
11-10-2005, 02:02 PM
My DH and I share the same username...I'm Amy, he's Kevin. We have a 19 month daughter named Alyssa and we're hoping to expand our family soon. :love:

Kevin discovered this thread a while back...he's a big lurker, but Midnite inspired him to give this t-shirt designing thing a whirl. Kevin designs in a very unique way: he scans coloring book pages, colors them in Photo Shop, and then adds enhancements. Obviously this is very time-consuming, and since he only plays on the computer for an hour or so a night, he only has about 20 designs in his portfolio.

Kevin mentioned to me that Julia and Nick's mom posted on this thread a lot, and that drew my attention, because I knew she was from Cincinnati and based on her posts, she seemed cool. Many people know I'm Kate's "stalker," but I must again emphasize, that it was Kate who recognized us at the Disney Store. :rotfl2:

mgkkgdm
11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Julia and Nick's mom posted on this thread a lot, and that drew my attention, because I knew she was from Cincinnati and based on her posts, she seemed cool.

She is not cool, she is THE QUEEN

Steamboat Marti
11-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Now now dear.... don't make me unplug your computer! Play nice in the sandbox or you won't be invited to play again!!!!

Cinderumbrella
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi, my name is Kristin and I am a Disney Design Addict. I lurked for awhile and finally came out of hiding to have Kate make me a shirt- before I knew it I had 22 for my 8 day trip!! :rotfl:

We have just returned from our trip and I have been in such WDW Withdrawal I haven't posted anything on any thread until now.

KMH1
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
She is not cool, she is THE QUEEN

If you say so! ;)

Kate, I won't reveal to your "subjects" any incriminating information. :teeth:

Amy :)

mgkkgdm
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi, my name is Kristin and I am a Disney Design Addict. I lurked for awhile and finally came out of hiding to have Kate make me a shirt- before I knew it I had 22 for my 8 day trip!! :rotfl:

We have just returned from our trip and I have been in such WDW Withdrawal I haven't posted anything on any thread until now.

Welcome Home

Tammi67
11-10-2005, 02:16 PM

Trip report and pictures, please.:teeth:

sltwinmom
11-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi, my name is Susan and I am slowly becoming a DDA. I have been lurking on this board for a few weeks and just started posting this week! I have been maried to my DH for 5 years and we have twin sons who are almost 3. We are planning a trip in Jan. and I have already made the boys 5 shirts each, and have convinced my DH and DMIL to go along with it and wear one too. Now I know I am addicted because we have friends going down for Christmas and I am wanting to make them some shirts too.

Does this qualify me for the new DDA logo that Kate made up?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better. You really are a fun group :cheer2:

julia & nicks mom
11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi, my name is Susan and I am slowly becoming a DDA. I have been lurking on this board for a few weeks and just started posting this week! I have been maried to my DH for 5 years and we have twin sons who are almost 3. We are planning a trip in Jan. and I have already made the boys 5 shirts each, and have convinced my DH and DMIL to go along with it and wear one too. Now I know I am addicted because we have friends going down for Christmas and I am wanting to make them some shirts too.

Does this qualify me for the new DDA logo that Kate made up?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better. You really are a fun group :cheer2:

anyone who wants it qualifies - if you are willing to put up with our craziness - WELCOME TO THE DDA!

astarr
11-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks Baloo.....I have been checking everything out and kicking myself for not checking this place out sooner! It's the next best thing to being there :cheer2:

Cinderumbrella
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Trip report and pictures, please.:teeth:

I'm working on it :goodvibes

StitchIsOurHero
11-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi! I'm StitchIsOurHero or Brooke, and I am a Disney Design Addict, too! I am not creative enough to do the designing on my own, but I made many shirts for us to wear on our last trip! I love all of your designs, and I am also the one who always wants the designs with Lumpy on them!

You all rock! :jumping1:

eeyore74
11-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi! I'm Allie and the dog below is Duncan. DH remains pictureless. I'm a Florida native living in Minnesota. :cold: :sad: Talk about a whole new world... :genie:

Tshirt designs are only one of my addictions. Chocolate comes first.

Everyone here in DDA Land is so funny and nice. Merry Meet!

tmfranlk
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi. I am tmfranlk...aka Tia...and I am a Disney Design Addict, though more lurker than anything. I found this site several months ago and feel like I know so many of you even though I don't post very often. I have a HUGE collection of designs that all of you have done. I wish I could say that I have contributed more, but I am deeply afraid of the addiction increase that will come with starting to design.

I am mom to a wonderful 2 1/2 yo DD and wife to a great hubby whose primary flaw is his lack of Disney addiciton. Per the siggie below and DD's new found phrase "Daddy stays home."

I look forward to hanging around even more in the great new DDA board.

danny1649
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
My name is Danny and I just stopped in to say hi to you all and my pal Baloo. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

Tammi67
11-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi Danny! Welcome.:wave2:

And welcome to all you other lurkers who are now speaking up. Join in the fun!

gigi1313
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
hi, i'm gigi... i came to this board this morning (i'm glad you gals got your own sub-folder 'cause i was never brave enough to check out the shirt thread before 'cause i thought it was just a bunch of super-talented people showing off and thought i'd not fit in... now i know that it's a group of super-talented people sharing their talent! LOL!) and i'm already hooked... i looked thru most of the 50+ pages of the show your shirt thread... i've pored over "julia & nick's mom's" designs and cannot get enough of them... dd is admiring them along with me!

thank you! for sharing your creativity... it's really getting me excited about doing up some shirts... maybe one for each day of our trip?! LOL!

MinnieMouseMom
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
thank you! for sharing your creativity... it's really getting me excited about doing up some shirts... maybe one for each day of our trip?! LOL!

Oh, at least one a day!! :rotfl: Anyway, we're glad you're here!! :goodvibes

Glynis
11-10-2005, 06:07 PM
hi, i'm gigi... i came to this board this morning (i'm glad you gals got your own sub-folder 'cause i was never brave enough to check out the shirt thread before 'cause i thought it was just a bunch of super-talented people showing off and thought i'd not fit in... now i know that it's a group of super-talented people sharing their talent! LOL!) and i'm already hooked... i looked thru most of the 50+ pages of the show your shirt thread... i've pored over "julia & nick's mom's" designs and cannot get enough of them... dd is admiring them along with me!

We're always glad when someone new joins our group. Just jump right in, everyone's really friendly! Don't be surprised if you feel like part of a big, goofy family really soon! I know I couldn't go a day without my "family" here.

Blueeyes101817
11-10-2005, 07:23 PM
hi! im jen..ive been reading the thread for quite awhile, but dont post too much--i dont have any designs to contribute so i feel weird posting haha but i think im becomming a bit addicted to reading this thread!

ladylucca
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Hello :flower: My name is Christine aka Lady Lucca. I live near Philadelphia. Went to WDW in October and sadly have no plans to go back anytime soon. So I will have to relive the magic through all of you. If you need any designs done, just PM me. My hard drives have been overrun with disney graphics!! I will have to buy a 3rd hard drive soon LOL

ksoehrlein
11-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Kim and I'm a DDA too, although I've been a bit of a lurker lately. I contributed my one (and only) design on page 1 of the monster thread and then sat back and watched. Lots of talent here. Lots of fun, too. I also talk to my DH about you guys all the time as if I really know you. Oh yeah, the family. I have one. DH says I've been ignoring them. It's him and the two kids, 2yo DS and 5yo DD, plus an insomniac dog.

tinker1bell
11-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi, my name is tinker1bell,,,,aka Terry and I am a DDA. :goodvibes I started looking at this thread when my friend Steffy told me about the DIS boards. My first request was a PM to MidNite asking her to come up with a design incorporating our favorite Disney characters and also the number 8 at the end of celebr8 since the four of us going had birthdates ending in the number 8. After that Steffy and I were rolling and we put together a total of nine shirts for our trip. We had so many compliments on our shirts, one guy even wanted to buy our Welcome Foolish Mortals shirts (designed by MidNite) for $100. Of course we told him no, not at any cost.
I live about 45 min from Hershey, Pa. with my DH of 36 years. We are now grandparents (Omi and Opi) to two beautiful boys.
I love this board. This is the first site that I go on to every day.

julia & nicks mom
11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi, my name is tinker1bell,,,,aka Terry and I am a DDA. :goodvibes I started looking at this thread when my friend Steffy told me about the DIS boards. My first request was a PM to MidNite asking her to come up with a design incorporating our favorite Disney characters and also the number 8 at the end of celebr8 since the four of us going had birthdates ending in the number 8. After that Steffy and I were rolling and we put together a total of nine shirts for our trip. We had so many compliments on our shirts, one guy even wanted to buy our Welcome Foolish Mortals shirts (designed by MidNite) for $100. Of course we told him no, not at any cost.
I live about 45 min from Hershey, Pa. with my DH of 36 years. We are now grandparents (Omi and Opi) to two beautiful boys.

Okay - I would have sold him the shirt - you could have made another!!! :rotfl:

I thought you guys were sisters - you really are just friends?

tinker1bell
11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Okay - I would have sold him the shirt - you could have made another!!! :rotfl:

I thought you guys were sisters - you really are just friends?

We really are friends, we say we are "twins" because we are ten days apart in age. We met almost 15 years ago. Tinker1bell's sister is really my sister but I know Steffy is my sister at heart, because we are so alike. She calls my DH Hubby Too. :grouphug:

tinker1bell
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
We didn't want to sell the shirt cause that would have been going against the main idea of the whole thread---paying it forward. We did tell him about the DIS boards

arizonacolbys
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM

That sounds like a shirt my hubby would like - can you post a picture of it? Thanks so much!! :teeth:

ellenbenny
11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi my name is Ellen, and I am a mostly lurking Disney Design Addict.

DH(51) and I(42) have 5 boys between us. DS27, DS23 and DS20 are DH's, and DS19 and DS17 are mine. We have taken about 13 trips to world since 1996 in various combinations of family members. The last was DH and I sans kids in October of this year. I am a Disney freak, and DH is a willing accomplice.

I love all the designs that all of the talented designers have made, and I was able to convince DH to wear a couple of them on our last trip. I have been lurking here since the beginning, and I keep up to date almost daily.

Most of all I love how much fun you all are, thanks for all the good work and thanks for keeping me laughing.

Ellen

Baloo
11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
:earsboy: WELCOME ellenbenny!! :earsboy:

Glad you de lurked!!!

PNO4TE
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi! I am PNO4TE (aka Elin) and I am a Disney Design Addict. I don't do much designing but do a lot of design appreciation :goodvibes I have made 12 T shirts using designs my DDA friends have made for me.

I am a piano, voice, & composition teacher and I have been married (to the same man) for 32 years even though he does not love all things Disney. We have 2 DDs: 19 and 27. They are Disney Fanatics like their mother, not their father. We have been to WDW more than 30 times and the DDA thread (now BOARD) has helped me make those trips even more enjoyable. Besides, I have made some wonderful new friends. THANKS!

my3princes
11-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi, my name is my3princes aka Deb. I am a Disney Design Addict. I jumped on this thread on page 3 with photos of shirts that I had made for previous trips. I thought they looked great until people started creating amazing designs. I think I need new software :rotfl:. I have been able to throw out some Ideas and catchy wording for a few designs, but for the most part I let the chosen ones do the designing. I consider myself to be a crafty person and love to create things. One of my passions is creating Halloween Costumes and you will see some scattered around the boards. I love to sew and I am armed with my trusty glue gun. My disney obsession started 13 1/2 years ago when I visited WDW for the 1st time on my honeymoon (FW). I have returned 7 times now. I have 3 sons, ages 10, 8 and almost 3. My dh is also Disney obsessed, but has never posted on the DIS. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I work a few evenings each week at a local restaraunt as a hostess and/or bartender. I live in Vermont and our family owns a Maple Sugar House so we are very busy for 6 weeks or so each spring. I think that covers most of it.

Deb

ReAnSt
11-10-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm Becky. I've made Mickey, Stitch, and Horse tie dyes and have requests for shirts for christmas (Tigger, cow, etc.) but I haven't made an iron on t-shirt for quite a while. I made tons while I was in college but not the same type. I have to hunker down and design some sort of t-shirt design sometime.

I miss Orlando and Disney World big time. I actually went to college at the University of Central Florida which is located in Orlando and worked at the All Star Resort for a period of time. Currently I am living in Pennsylvania.

We should have a DDA meet at Hershey Park as I am also about 45 minutes from there.

Becky

sherry66
11-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi, I'm sherry. :flower: I have been a lurking DDA since the beginning. I am in the process of planning our next trip in Feb.I have sooooooooo many designs saved it will take me days to narrow down my choices :rotfl2: BTW I love all the craziness in this thread :rotfl:

Eeyorecln
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm Christi and I mostly lurk with an occassional post. I have 4 DS's (just turned 7, 5, 4 and 14 months) My DH has 2 more DS's (14, 12) from 1st marriage. I love Disney, my DH is a sci-fi lover(Star Trek, Star Wars). I'm trying to convert him. :teeth: We have taken the kids to WDW once and DL this summer. We plan on going back to DL for Christmas and next summer again before the 50th Fireworks are gone. We are going back to WDW Dec. 2007 for our tenth anniversary. This will be my first on-site trip. Growing up we stayed off-site and I always loved looking around at the hotels. I am already planning our shirts for a trip 2 years away. Does this make me an addict?

poohangel
11-13-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi my name is Angela, happily I am a DDA addict. I don't post much but have been here since the first page. Feel like you all are some of the best friends I have.

"Can you feel the love tonight"

mamaprincess
11-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Hi my name is mamaprincess and I am most certainly a DDA with no hope of recovery. I designed about 30 shirts for our last trip. My DH was speechless. Next trip I'm going to have to be sneaky. But when I pull them out of the suitcase, he'll know what happened. ;)

momof2OH
11-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi, I'm Momof2Oh aka Gina and I am most certainly a proud DDA! I have designed many shirts and also loved looking at and using others as well. I have 2 kids: DD-16 (Ryan) and DS14 (Dusty). I haven't been posting as much as I would like to lately, but I'm trying to keep up. Been busy with medical problems with the kids and doing my crafts for the craft shows I do on weekends. Soon I should be back on more often - I miss everyone!! For those of you just lurking or getting ready to join us DDA's - this place really is like Family!!!!

julia & nicks mom
11-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi, I'm Momof2Oh aka Gina and I am most certainly a proud DDA! I have designed many shirts and also loved looking at and using others as well. I have 2 kids: DD-16 (Ryan) and DS14 (Dusty). I haven't been posting as much as I would like to lately, but I'm trying to keep up. Been busy with medical problems with the kids and doing my crafts for the craft shows I do on weekends. Soon I should be back on more often - I miss everyone!! For those of you just lurking or getting ready to join us DDA's - this place really is like Family!!!!

Gina - I have been worried about you!!!! glad to see you!!!!

tinker1bell
11-14-2005, 07:22 PM

Hi Gina!!!

Welcome Back :sunny: Hope everything is ok. You have so much to catch up on.

You got Tagged :goodvibes :goodvibes

bear74
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Gina I hope the kids are doing better.

Steffy
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm Steffy and I'm a DDA. :goodvibes I'm also tinker1bell's "twin" :teeth:

I love Disney. All things Disney. I don't have a creative bone in my body and actually messed up the first iron-on transfer I did, but hey, I used the wonderful designs the great people in this thread created on 9 shirts for our birthday and reunion celebr8tion! :Pinkbounc

I have a Disney loving daughter, a Disney loving son-in-law in training(we were all there for 11 days over Christmas last year) and he can't wait to go back. My beloved granddaughter loves Disney, but wants to go to the beach next. My grandson will be 2 next week. He was 13 months last year at Disney. He loved it. He had so much fun in Playhouse Disney, that I didn't tape the show, I taped his reaction to the show. :love:

My son and his wife were "tramatized" (their word) by our December trip to Disney. They said I can't take their son to Disney until he can spell it. He'll be born in February. If I have my way, he'll be talking in 6 months and spelling by 9.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think I'll plan a trip to DisneyLand next year, so my DGD can also get to the California beach.... princess:

MBowers
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
My name is Monica and I'm also a DDA addict, I found this board several weeks ago and just recently started posting. I'm in the midst of planning our first trip to WDW from December 18-28. I'm taking my dh, my four kids....my sister, her dh and her three kids...and my mom. I'm so excited that I can't even sleep at night. It's been tons of fun planning, and I've been doing so since last March.

I love seeing all the designs you guys have come up with for the shirts, I'll be making them this week-end. I'm making them for all the kids, seven in total. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime! The kids are all excited to fly on a plane...it'll be quite a trip clear from out here in Utah!!

I'm excited to get to know all of you guys!
Monica

MazdaUK
11-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Monica, thanks for sharing your excitement! This time last year I was planning for our first trip :sad:

I didn't make shirts :guilty: but anything else you can do to prepare I did! :rotfl2:

Tinkaroo
11-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi, I'm Tinkaroo (aka, Lindsay), and I'm a DDA! I've been more of a reader/lurker of this board from the beginning, but maybe as someone else said, once <insert task/event here> is over, I'll be able to dabble in the designing of things. I have not been scared of putting in some requests, though! Queen Kate has been more than kind to this loyal subject! :goodvibes

I'm 28, and have loved all things Disney since I was 3. Fortunately, my family feels the same way, and I was lucky enough to nab a DH that enjoys the World, too! 2005 has been the "Year of the Mouse" for us - we celebrated DH's 30th b-day at WDW in April (his choice), and looky there, it just made such sense for us to purchase AP's! I have stopped telling my coworkers where I'm going on vacation this year, as I believe they think I've lost it!!!

No kids, one little dog (a 5 lb. Maltese named Ally, who looks really cute in Mickey ears!). I'm a legal recruiter by trade, but a Disney addict by night. I feel like I know so many of you already, and am looking forward to more fun on this board!!

Steffy
11-15-2005, 09:55 PM
My name is Monica and I'm also a DDA addict, I found this board several weeks ago and just recently started posting. I'm in the midst of planning our first trip to WDW from December 18-28. I'm taking my dh, my four kids....my sister, her dh and her three kids...and my mom. I'm so excited that I can't even sleep at night. It's been tons of fun planning, and I've been doing so since last March.

I love seeing all the designs you guys have come up with for the shirts, I'll be making them this week-end. I'm making them for all the kids, seven in total. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime! The kids are all excited to fly on a plane...it'll be quite a trip clear from out here in Utah!!

I'm excited to get to know all of you guys!
Monica

Oh Monica,

Your posts looks a lot like mine did around this time last year. My DD, Dsil, DGD, DGS, DS, Ddil and my freind's family. 12 of us. Trip of a lifetime. Have a grand time. There is NOTHING like Disney at Christmas. And I mean nothing... Enjoy. :love:

MBowers
11-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Steffy...I love traveling with my siblings and their families. Our original plan was to have my brother, his wife and their two kids come with us but alas, he didn't save his money like he should have so when it came time to make the final payment, he couldn't make it. My sister and I are so sad....we call ourselves the three amigos....now it will just be my sis and I. We've done Disneyland three times with all of us and it's always been soooo much fun. We'll have a great time without my brother but we'll miss him.

Monica

bengalbelle
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Wow, I found this thread at the bottom of page 2. I think we have some DDAers who are still in denial about their addiction ;)

My name is Dawn, I'm 33, married almost 11 years and mom to an almost 5 year old boy. DS and I LOVE WDW, DH can take it or leave it. Our last trip was in September 2005 and we don't have another one in the works until December, 2007. We're hoping to expand our family in between :goodvibes .

I'm not creative enough to design anything either but I have lots of other people's designs tucked away for our next trip. My mom and DS wore Kate's designs on our last trip and got lots of comments on them.

lovespoohbear
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
hi. my name is karen. mostly a lurker and design seeker. i am addicted to this thread. i look here before doing school work. i am in my last year at college and will graduate next december. i will be going to disney as a present to myself next december also. i have been disney obsesed(SP) for about 3 yrs now. i am also the proud parent of a 10 yr old black lab named shocker :dog2: .

tinknme
12-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi my name is Janet aka tinknme. I am a DDA, but mostly lurk & read the posts. I have designed a few shirts but have not done any lately. I am a mother of 2 wonderful boys(well most of the time lol) age 11(soon to be 12) & 9. I have been married for 16+ years. My hobbies besides reading the design thread are candle & soapmaking. I do not post often, but I feel I know you all. :goodvibes

jbrooxd
12-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi, my name is Jaymie and I am a new Disney Design Addict.

I got hooked after viewing Denise's pictures from her last trip. We fly out for WDW tomorrow, and I was at Hobby Lobby Tuesday buying shirts and transfer paper like a crazy woman!

I will post shirt pictures once we get back.

Question - How do you work with denim? I picked up a dark denim shirt at Kmart that I tried to transfer onto, and it bled through the design (the dark transfer ones) - thankfully I had a back-up t-shirt that I could use instead.

~ Jaymie
from Indiana

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi, my name is Jaymie and I am a new Disney Design Addict.

I got hooked after viewing Denise's pictures from her last trip. We fly out for WDW tomorrow, and I was at Hobby Lobby Tuesday buying shirts and transfer paper like a crazy woman!

I will post shirt pictures once we get back.

Question - How do you work with denim? I picked up a dark denim shirt at Kmart that I tried to transfer onto, and it bled through the design (the dark transfer ones) - thankfully I had a back-up t-shirt that I could use instead.

~ Jaymie
from Indiana

Welcome Jaymie!! Join in the fun! I can't help you with Denim, but post this on our super long thread and somebody can help you: either Deb or Kate would be my guess. If you don't have time before you go -- have a great trip and take lots of pictures so we can see!!

By the way - you are addicted! Anybody running to Hobby Lobby just before their trip is an addict in my book! Glad to have you aboard!!

my3princes
12-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Jaymie. I haven't tried denim, but had the same result with some darker grey shirts. The dark color bled through the dark transfer paper. It seems to be an issue with some of the shirt dyes. I have no idea if there is a way to seal the shirt before doing the iron on. I guess you could always do the iron on transfer on a piece of cloth creating a "patch" that you could sew on the denim. Maybe someone else will have a different idea.

Deb

UP Disney
12-26-2005, 09:13 PM
My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I am a Disney Design Addict. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

Our first trip as a family was 2 years ago. I never thought that my husband would enjoy it because he doesn't really like crowds. I tried to do way too much in too short a time thinking that I've never get back there. However, he loved it. He is really into the design, layout, behind the scenes info, etc. We are planning our third trip for March 2006. Everything is booked. We just have to plan the days.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join. :sunny:

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so should be able to figure it out.

MinnieMouseMom
12-26-2005, 09:19 PM
My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

Our first trip as a family was 2 years ago. I never thought that my husband would enjoy it because he doesn't really like crowds. I tried to do way too much in too short a time thinking that I've never get back there. However, he loved it. He is really into the design, layout, behind the scenes info, etc. We are planning our third trip for March 2006. Everything is booked. We just have to plan the days.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join.

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so

Welcome, Vicki!! :wave2:

my3princes
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join. :sunny:

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so should be able to figure it out.

Welcome aboard. We are a friendly bunch and love to welcome new people. I look forward to "talking to you".

Deb

rosiejo
12-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi My name's Rosiejo (AKA RJ or Clare) - and I am most definitely a Disney Design Addict!

We just got back from our Fairytale wedding trip and probably won't get back to Disney until at least 2007 :sad1: but I still read the main thread every day (well several times really :rolleyes1 ).

I can't believe I know so much/share so much - with so many people that I have never actually met!

This thread is most definitely home :goodvibes

lmartin2711
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM

Welcome to the group!!!! I was in Grand Haven, MI during Thanksgiving. IT SNOWED!!!! Since we are from Georgia that was a big deal to my boys. My nephew is going to the University there in the UP next year.

Lynn

UP Disney
12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the group!!!! I was in Grand Haven, MI during Thanksgiving. IT SNOWED!!!! Since we are from Georgia that was a big deal to my boys. My nephew is going to the University there in the UP next year.

Lynn
Grand Haven is one of my favorite places in lower Michigan. We spent 6 years in Holland just south of there. My girls were born in Holland. We loved going up to Grand Haven to walk the shoreline. It is one of the only areas in lower Michigan that was still unspoiled by industry. It has been about 15 years since I've been back.

Our first major snow in the Upper Peninsula (UP) was November 16 - my birthday. I woke up to no heat, no electricity, no water, and no phones. We were without for about 22 hours. We had gotten about 10 inches of very heavy, wet snow and it was hanging on the electrical lines and trees. The weight was too much for both. I can't imagine not having the snow but I always look forward to our trip to Disney to get out of it for a magical week.

What University is your nephew going to up here? There are three - Lake Superior, Northern and Michigan Tech. All of them are good schools. I've had family graduate from all three - I've attended two. My DD is currently at Northern (NMU).

dumby
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
:Pinkbounc

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi I am ITDJBW aka Julia, I discoved this thread and am addicted to reading it, havent designed anything yet as I don't think I could do as well as everyone else, I have basically done NOTHING besides work since I found this thread!!

I moved to USA in 1994, my first trip to WDW was on a trip here in 1992, I have been married to DH for 13 years, have 2 great kids DD11 and DS8, we have been to WDW too many times to count as all overseas visitors get a trip there. We are now addicted to the DCL and booked on our 4th Magical cruise in May.

I have bought everything and plan on making the tie dye shirts, have bought 100 transfer sheets and waiting there arrival so plan on making lots of shirts, unfortunately work interferes with my Dis time!!

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi I am ITDJBW aka Julia, I discoved this thread and am addicted to reading it, havent designed anything yet as I don't think I could do as well as everyone else, I have basically done NOTHING besides work since I found this thread!!

I moved to USA in 1994, my first trip to WDW was on a trip here in 1992, I have been married to DH for 13 years, have 2 great kids DD11 and DS8, we have been to WDW too many times to count as all overseas visitors get a trip there. We are now addicted to the DCL and booked on our 4th Magical cruise in May.

I have bought everything and plan on making the tie dye shirts, have bought 100 transfer sheets and waiting there arrival so plan on making lots of shirts, unfortunately work interferes with my Dis time!!

Hi Julia!! :wave2:

mgkkgdm
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I love the DIS

UP Disney
01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Bump! I need to get my list of DDA's accurate. Having trouble keeping track of who everyone is. :confused3

dis4harley
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi! I'm dis4harley (aka Alisha) and I have been more of a lurker, but my family would say I am DDA. I have a dd almost 8 and a DS 4.

I have requested alot of designs though. I am planning a surprise trip for March with my sister and her DSD 15 and 12. I am planning on 9 or 10 shirts each, so that is 50-60 shirts total. I have everything ready to do them I just have to get started and not let my kids see them. I am doing iron ons for some and I came up with my own designs for some of them. I will be PAINTING on 3-4 each. Can anyone crazy???? Any way I can't wait till our trip and to see what kind of responses we get about our shirts.

MinnieMouseMom
01-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi! I'm dis4harley (aka Alisha) and I have been more of a lurker, but my family would say I am DDA. I have a dd almost 8 and a DS 4.

I have requested alot of designs though. I am planning a surprise trip for March with my sister and her DSD 15 and 12. I am planning on 9 or 10 shirts each, so that is 50-60 shirts total. I have everything ready to do them I just have to get started and not let my kids see them. I am doing iron ons for some and I came up with my own designs for some of them. I will be PAINTING on 3-4 each. Can anyone crazy???? Any way I can't wait till our trip and to see what kind of responses we get about our shirts.

Welcome, Alisha! :wave2:

UP Disney
02-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Bump. I'm trying to update my spreadsheet. You are all so hard to keep track of! ;)

kc10family
02-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I have said hello on others threads, but I guess this is the official “admitting your and addict” thread. So here goes..

My name is KC10family (aka Paula) I didn’t know I was a Disney Freak until about a year ago. I didn’t know I was a design addict until just a month ago. I have yet to design my first transfer, but I have made may machine embroidered shirts, towels, pillowcases, baby blankets and burp cloths.

I can’t wait to get a program to design transfers, I have a few ideas and hope they turn out half as good as the designers here.

jennydep
02-13-2006, 01:35 PM
HI! I'm Jenny and I'm quickly becoming a Disney Design Addict. I am SAHM to Mickey age 8 and Brad age 6. Mickey is being granted a wish trip in April and that is what has brought me here. I am making all sorts of shirts for the kids and a few for DH and me, too. Thanks to everyone who has customized designs for me. I really appreciate them and can't wait to finish making the rest that are being sent to me soon.

MickeyMamma
02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Guess I should pop over here and introduce myself.

My name is Alissa and I am from the NYC area. I live with DH, DS (4), and DD who will turn 1 in April.

I have been a Disney addict for most of my life, having grown up on the West Coast of Florida.

Over the past few years, I have been really into art and crafting and run a small embroidering and personalization business.

For my Disney trips, I have always made T-Shirts for us to wear for part of the trip, only I usually only had time to make 1 for each person in our group since I was embroidering each one. Now with all of your great designs here, we will have several shirts for our next trip (in April for DD's birthday).

Special thanks to those of you who have already helped me with some designs, especially ladylucca for the special design for DD. I hope to share some of my own designs in the near future.

itdjbw
02-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi Julia!! :wave2:

Hi, I am glad this thread was bumped up, just had a look at your designs and do you mind if I use your white sox mickey one for DS, he is a white sox this season so thought I could do a shirt for him.

MinnieMouseMom
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi, I am glad this thread was bumped up, just had a look at your designs and do you mind if I use your white sox mickey one for DS, he is a white sox this season so thought I could do a shirt for him.

Go right ahead! That's what they're there for! :teeth:

babytrees
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I just realized I hadn't come over here and introduced myself formally.

My name is Theresa and I am Disney addict!!

I have 2 daughters Cassidy(13) and Abi(gail)(9). They share a birthday...May 14th. My husband's birthday is also in May, so I am all alone in July. 7/11/71

We are planning our first trip as a family to WDW this summer. My husband and I were last at WDW with our respective families at the same time weeks before Animal Kingdom opened. We have also done other things growing up at the same time. But it took going to college in Billings, MT for us to meet. We will celebrate 15 years on April 13th.

Disney movies, songs, characters, cartoons have always been a big part of our lives and now the DDA is a big part of mine. :love:

itdjbw
02-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Go right ahead! That's what they're there for! :teeth:

Thanks, this may land up being the first shirt I get ironed on as first practice is Saturday.

MinnieMouseMom
02-13-2006, 06:02 PM
I have said hello on others threads, but I guess this is the official “admitting your and addict” thread. So here goes..

My name is KC10family (aka Paula) I didn’t know I was a Disney Freak until about a year ago. I didn’t know I was a design addict until just a month ago. I have yet to design my first transfer, but I have made may machine embroidered shirts, towels, pillowcases, baby blankets and burp cloths.

I can’t wait to get a program to design transfers, I have a few ideas and hope they turn out half as good as the designers here.

Welcome, Paula!! :wave2:

MinnieMouseMom
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
HI! I'm Jenny and I'm quickly becoming a Disney Design Addict. I am SAHM to Mickey age 8 and Brad age 6. Mickey is being granted a wish trip in April and that is what has brought me here. I am making all sorts of shirts for the kids and a few for DH and me, too. Thanks to everyone who has customized designs for me. I really appreciate them and can't wait to finish making the rest that are being sent to me soon.

Welcome, Jenny! :wave2:

MinnieMouseMom
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Guess I should pop over here and introduce myself.

My name is Alissa and I am from the NYC area. I live with DH, DS (4), and DD who will turn 1 in April.

I have been a Disney addict for most of my life, having grown up on the West Coast of Florida.

Over the past few years, I have been really into art and crafting and run a small embroidering and personalization business.

For my Disney trips, I have always made T-Shirts for us to wear for part of the trip, only I usually only had time to make 1 for each person in our group since I was embroidering each one. Now with all of your great designs here, we will have several shirts for our next trip (in April for DD's birthday).

Special thanks to those of you who have already helped me with some designs, especially ladylucca for the special design for DD. I hope to share some of my own designs in the near future.

Welcome, Alissa!! :wave2:

sconnell
02-13-2006, 08:10 PM
HI! :wave2: I'm Sunny (sconnell)! :sunny: Ok, I must be in a good mood, cause I've already used 2 smilies. lol. Anyway, I'm an addict. A Disney Addict, A DIS Addict, and now, A Design Addict! I'm 25 (or I will be at the end of the month). I've been married for 6 years to my high school sweetheart. (Yes, I know, and it is very young, but try to tell a girl who's been dating a guy for almost 5 years. :rolleyes1 ) I have an almost 4 year old DD and a 16 month old DS. My family is truely my "other" joy. :rotfl2: I live in Savannah, GA. I've been out of the loop for a while. I don't know why really. :confused3 I just couldn't DIS. Life was happening, I guess you could say. But then I found my magic again. :wizard: And when I came back, I found this new board! :woohoo:
I haven't designed any shirts for the boards yet. I have designed quite a few for work. lol. I work in ministry for a preschool & children's minister and a youth minister. I'll have to post a pic of some of my "other shirts." lol. Nothing exciting, but the youth were comparing them to Amercan Eagle or Abercrombie. (In look not, um, content. lol.)
Back to Disney, I went many times as a child, never stayed onsite. Lived 4 hours away, so quick trips were frequent. My parents were "older" when I was born (DM 36, but DD 58!). I was named by my dad, because I was to be the sunshine of his old age. (They say I lived up to it. :) ) We mostly took educational trips, Washington, Williamsburg, Jamestown, etc, so WDW was one of my early loves :love: Actually, my dad passed away last week, so I've been on the boards a lot lately trying to be near my happy place. (I tend to internalize, like my dad.) He was a judge and my mom always says I have his judicial temperament. lol. (I come out when disney is mentioned.)
Man, I'm so glad to have this board. But, I'm writing a book! Thanks for listening to me ramble! :rolleyes:

sconnell
02-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok, ok, I'm not usually this talkative, but I forgot to put what I meant to put. (Not normal for me either.) lol. But I just finished putting together DD's valentines and I wanted to show it to ya'll. I have a blog that I've put a couple of things on. The pics on there are a little grainy, but in real life, they are crystal clear. Something happened on the blog.
Sunny Smiles (http://www.sunnysmilesshowcase.blogspot.com)

tink2020
02-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome Sunny! :wave2:

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :grouphug:

Second, you've stumble upon a great place! We'd love to see your designs, Disney or not! And your Valentine's (and your DD!) are adorable!

Stop by frequently! :goodvibes

~Jennifer

lovesdumbo
02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
My name is lovesdumbo and I'm an accountant...and a DDA wannabe. I used to be more creative (before kids...). I used others' designs to make about 10 shirts for my Aug trip and a few more for my Oct trip. I'm going in late May to celebrate my oldest's birthday so there will be more shirts to make.

My DH of 21+years and I have DD(6), DS(5), and DD(3).

MinnieMouseMom
02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi Sunny! :wave2:

Hi LovesDumbo! :dumbo:

alanapapa
02-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi, my name is alanapapa, aka Andrew, and I am a Disney Design Addict. I have been lurking here for a little while in denial. I am a true Disney-phile, I grew up in Southern California and made too many trips to DL to count (at lest three per year from K-8th grade), and then worked there for 3 years. I met my DW, Caropooh, while we both worked at DL. She was a CM for 15 years until we moved to Seattle Washington. D11 went to DL for the first time at 6 days to meet the CM who helped us name her. We made a number of trips to WDW before children came. We took our DD's (11 and 6) for their first WDW and DCL last July. I created a few door signs and DD11 made one too. I have made 8 or 9 soo far for the trip in March 2007 and have ideas for 10 to 15 more. I know I can't actually print and use all of them, but I am addicted. My DW and I have been married for 22 years this May. We are big fans of the 100 Acre Wood Crew (hence DW's name) and both DD's love the princesses. I am in awe of the creativity and helpfulness of this group.

teresajoy
02-19-2006, 06:25 PM
My name is Teresa, I am in my mid 30's (some would say late 30's, but we won't go there.) I have lived in Southern Michigan for all my life. I have been married to my wonderful husband Brian, :love: since 1988, going on 18 years now! We have three children, Corey (boy) was born in 1992, Arminda (girl) born in 1998, and Lydia Rose born in 2002. Arminda and Lydia were named after their great-great grandmothers. Corey was named after Cory Hart :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: We have one dog, Makenzie, a 10 year old Brittany Spaniel, and a really sweet and cute kitten, who will be 1 in June named Foster (like the beer, my husband's doing).

I have been going to Disney World since it opened, and still love it just as much as ever. I always start crying when I see the castle come into view. My family is use to it by now, but strangers on the monorail look at me funny.

MinnieMouseMom
02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Andrew!! :wave2:

Hi Teresa!! :wave2:

ely3857
02-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Hi :wave:

My name is Jodie, I am 27 years old and Disney mad :teeth: My trips are listed in my sig.

I live in Yorkshire, England with my DF whom I will be marrying in Orlando this October.

I have been browsing for a while looking for designs people may allow me to 'borrow' to iron onto t-shirts for my girls only trip to dlrp this Sept, I would design my own but am completly design challanged! :blush:

:sunny:

Jodie

Marilou
02-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi, my name is Marilou and even tho my 1st WDW trip was in 1983, I have only become a Disney addict a few years ago. I am a div mom of 2 wonderfull kiddos DD is 11 and son is 8. My traveling companions are my 2 kids and my mom, (who just went to WDW for the 1st time w/my kids & me back in 2003) and we are all nuts for everything Disney! We have our 3rd trip planned for this summer. 9 days in Orlando and our 1st DCL (3 nights) immediately following. I found the DCL magnetic door sign thread, which led me to this board. This board is awesome! I have made dozens of door signs for our 3 night cruise and am now also working on some t-shirt /sweatshirt designs.
I can't believe all the diff Disney art that is floating around....my son flipped when he saw Karate Mickey! We even made up a sign for his instructor. I wish I could share some designs I have done, but I failed miserably when I tried to use photobucket acct. and I dont know any other way to post pics (the old standby "copy & paste" doesnt seem to work)
I'm very glad to have "met" all of you here!
Marilou

UP Disney
02-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Welcome Andrew, Jodie, Teresa & Marilou! :welcome:

Marilou
02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey
I just noticed I went from "Earning my ears" to "Mousketeer" How did that happen?? lol Does it have to do with how many posts? (I'm still a newbie learning the ropes)
Marilou
ps There is a spot called "my pictures" How do I put pictures in it???

ely3857
02-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey
I just noticed I went from "Earning my ears" to "Mousketeer" How did that happen?? lol Does it have to do with how many posts? (I'm still a newbie learning the ropes)
Marilou
ps There is a spot called "my pictures" How do I put pictures in it???

I think Mousketeer comes with 50 posts

I dont use the Dis photo boards as my DF made me my own so cant help you there i'm afraid, with my own boards once the pictures are loaded on the internet then I cut & paste the address putting infront and at the end.

:sunny:

Jodie

MinnieMouseMom
02-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Welcome, Jodi! :wave2:

Welcome, Marilou! :wave2:

Marilou
02-20-2006, 09:26 AM
:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

MinnieMouseMom
Thank you for the warm welcome and .......I LOVE YOU!!! lol I just went thru your gallery of shirt designs......I have been trying to find a Red Sox mickey for what seems like ages!!! (was actually only a week or 2) My hands were shaking! Do you mind if I use it? My mom is a huge Red Sox freak, and her 2nd passion is Disney!

Marilou <--- :worship: :worship: :worship: praying to the Disney Goddess MinnieMouseMom

MinnieMouseMom
02-20-2006, 09:58 AM
:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

MinnieMouseMom
Thank you for the warm welcome and .......I LOVE YOU!!! lol I just went thru your gallery of shirt designs......I have been trying to find a Red Sox mickey for what seems like ages!!! (was actually only a week or 2) My hands were shaking! Do you mind if I use it? My mom is a huge Red Sox freak, and her 2nd passion is Disney!

Marilou <--- :worship: :worship: :worship: praying to the Disney Goddess MinnieMouseMom

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yes, of course!! Glad you liked it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

cnlmom
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
HI,
My name is Stephanie and I am in my mid-30's and live in North Carolina. I have been married to DH for 12 years this month and we have two children, DS 2 and DD 5. I love disney, used to live out west and go to disneyland at least every year growing up. We honeymooned in Disneyworld and sadly I have not been back since then. We are going to Disneyworld in May and I could not be more excited....I "discovered" this forum just a few days ago after a link posted elsewhere and I am hooked. I am blow away by all the beautiful designs and cannot believe the generousity of all of you who share your creations. I cannot wait to use your ideas and come up with some of my own to do an autograph book and T-shirts.

Tammi67
03-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Stephanie -

From the Royal Welcomer and the rest of the DDA....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/welcome.gif

Please feel free to join in on our chat thread and let us get to know you.....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

MinnieMouseMom
03-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Welcome, Stephanie!! :wave:

VickynMickey
03-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Oops I forgot to admit my addiction lol. I am a newbie, that has spent way to many hours on Creative DISigns, and have another year to go til I cruise what is a girl to do. I am in trouble, :rotfl2:

My name is Vicky, I am 36 from Roscoe, IL. I am a single mom of two beautiful teenagers, yep I can say that because I was blessed with good kids. My son is 14 and my daughter 13. I found the Dis in 2002, while I was planning our first Disney Cruise. And shortley after got completely addicted. I was previously VicnMic, but lost my password and such, so I had to change my sign on name. I am a Nurse currently working in Dermatology and enjoy it very much.
I want to say I am suprised I haven't found this forum til recently. I love to create things and now that I am here I will be addicted. Probably won't get anything else done, lol.
I want to thank all of you great designers for all the help and great ideas.
Have a great day!!!

Tammi67
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Oops I forgot to admit my addiction lol. I am a newbie, that has spent way to many hours on Creative DISigns, and have another year to go til I cruise what is a girl to do. I am in trouble, :rotfl2:

My name is Vicky, I am 36 from Roscoe, IL. I am a single mom of two beautiful teenagers, yep I can say that because I was blessed with good kids. My son is 14 and my daughter 13. I found the Dis in 2002, while I was planning our first Disney Cruise. And shortley after got completely addicted. I was previously VicnMic, but lost my password and such, so I had to change my sign on name. I am a Nurse currently working in Dermatology and enjoy it very much.
I want to say I am suprised I haven't found this forum til recently. I love to create things and now that I am here I will be addicted. Probably won't get anything else done, lol.
I want to thank all of you great designers for all the help and great ideas.
Have a great day!!!
Vicky -

I know you've already found it but please feel free to join in on our chat thread and let us get to know you.....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

tmfranlk
03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome, Stephanie and Vicky! It's great to have you here. We hope you'll stick around and join us in the trouble free zone as well.

MickeyHereWeCome!
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi! My name is Karen (MickeyHereWeCome!), and I'm a total DDA now!! Another admission I have is that I must be completely losing it because I can't figure out how to use PI11..at least not enough to do anything noteworthy...so I remain frustrated and will have to live through all of you. :sunny: I admire all of you so much for having the ability to put your creations out there for everyone to use, and then taking the time to help those of us who can't do it ourselves.

So, anyway, I live here in MD, and on this rainy day, I can only dream of being in WDW. I've got 4 children, and I think they've all started to think I'm losing it since I'm always calling them over to see the shirt I've chosen for a certain day. This all started with seeing the tie-dye Mickey shirts that I thought would be so cute for us all to wear one day. Now, I've got themed shirts for each and every day of our trip...7 months from now...and then some!! Look what you all have done to me LOL.

So, thanks for letting me join in and share my Disney excitement. I look forward to looking at all of your designs. I'm just not sure I have what it takes to figure out the program myself.

I'm off to fix printing problems so I can re-attempt a t-shirt.

pixiedust:

mommy2emmersNmo
03-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi - my name is Robyn and because of everyone here, I am addicted. I have been lurking for quite some time and finally decided it was time to come out and play.

I am a SAHM to my 2 DD, Emma and Molly and wife to DH, Eric. We live in Maryland, south of Baltimore. We are addicted to any and all things Disney. We even got engaged at the wishing well at Cinderella Castle back in '97. We recently enjoyed our 1st family trip this past November. The girls had so much fun that we are planning on going back. Right now we are booked for Mid December but are thinking of changing to Feb 07 as some friends are going then.

I have made a few shirts, 1 for each of the girls, for Valentine's Day and a few as presents to some of the girls' friends. Just about everyone we know is planning a trip or has just been within the last year. I will try to post some pictures of the designs. There isn't much to them!! Of course the inspiration for them has come from everyone here. The creativity of everyone here amazes me. I love looking at all the different DISigns.

I will pop into the main thread soon, right now I have got to get ready to get Emma off the school bus. I feel like I know so many of you already! You all are a great bunch and I am glad to have found you.

MinnieMouseMom
03-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Welcome, Vicky! :wave:

Welcome, Karen! :wave2:

Welcome, Robyn! :wave:

Glad you're all here!! :banana:

Tammi67
03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Karen and Robyn -

From the Royal Welcomer and the rest of the DDA.....

Please feel free to join us on the main chat thread. We would love to get to know you.

BTW - You both aren't too far from Elin (PNO4TE) and myself. We are in VA.

yellowfish78
03-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone! I'm yellowfish78, aka Chanon (pronounced like Shannon, just spelled different thanks to my father) and can honestly say I'm a DDA. I too, just recently found this thread and am in love :love: .

I have always lived in Northeast Ohio; I love the seasons so I'm here until my body can't handle them anymore.

Right now, my household consists of my DBF (Bob) and our three cats Luke, Duke and Annabelle :cat: (or otherwise know as Luke Skywalker, Duke Helmet and Annabelle Lector, all thanks to my nephew!)

I became hooked on Disney when I became a travel agent in 2001. Our "First Offical Vacation as a Couple" was Disney...and I've been begging to take him back "home" since then. He's finally agreed! (Well, sort-of...we do have to go to Halloween Horror Nights...now if I could only convince him that something like that happens on Castaway Cay...hum...) This year, we are taking another couple down to Florida with us. Neither of them have been to Disney, they already know my obsessions and have informed me that I am not allowed to plan a minute to minute schedule.

I have no creative talent when it comes to designs :blush: so thanks to everyone who's helping to support my new habit of having at least one shirt per day for our upcoming trip. Currently I'm waiting on a shipment from EBay for transfer paper, saving up for Old Navy tees, and excited to see how glow in the dark transfer paper will turn out on a Mickey Halloween pumpkin that came from Julia & Nicks Mom.

You guys are great! :hug:

PS: Has anyone tried transfering to a cotton baseball hat? I found some in Oriental Trading Co. that were white and it got me thinkin... :bored: I see Tink on the brim with pixie dust spread around the rim...

wannabecruiser
03-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I guess I shoud introduce myself!!! I am Kelly and I just became a design addict!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I made my first t-shirt/sign last week and now I got hooked in trying new ones. Thanks to all the help on these boards you all make things easier.

I am Wife to Bob, Mom to Eric 16 & Brad 12, Me and yougest son will be going on our first Wonder Cruise May 28-June 1 this year. :woohoo: We are so excited. DH and other DS are not interested, they do not like to travel, so is will be me and ds along with sil-40ish nieces 22 and 24. We have been planning this for over 1 year and I found this disigns board and decided to try one, well it was so much fun I find myself spending more and more time trying to make more. I am going to suprise the family members with t-shirts and door signs for Easter. Thanks for letting me hope on in.

MinnieMouseMom
03-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi Chanon! :wave:

Hi Kelly! :wave2:

mseg16222
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
My name is Stacy, I found this site a few months back in planning our first ever Family Disney Vacation. My DH thinks I am nuts for planning so much and starting to create T-shirts. I mean I made Mickey Mouse Steeler shirts for the Super Bowl. :confused3

I can't help myself. I have been to Disney many times in the past but my last trip was while I was still in college in 95. So my 2 DS's 6 & 7 are looking forward to going. I am a hugh Disney nut and my kids love it, my DH thinks I have lost it. I am addicted to Harmony Kingdom Disney figures......

I have now been driving everyone crazy trying my hand at designing shirts. I even went and bought Photo Impact Pro 11. Still trying to get in fidured out. I have almost completed my son's autograph books that I am making with cardstock. Then I have purchased Disney scrapbooks to put the autographs in when we get back with there pictures. I have no life I know....

I just wanted to let all of you great designers know how wonderful you are. You give the rest of us so many ideas.....Thank you for all of your time.

Looking forward to our first TRIP AUGUST 12-19 WL HERE WE COME

Tammi67
03-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Chanon, Kelly and Stacy -

Come join in our thread and let us get to know you!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815&page=1&pp=15

MinnieMouseMom
03-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Stacy! :wave2:

Molly K
03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
My name is Stacy, I found this site a few months back in planning our first ever Family Disney Vacation. My DH thinks I am nuts for planning so much and starting to create T-shirts. I mean I made Mickey Mouse Steeler shirts for the Super Bowl. :confused3

I can't help myself. I have been to Disney many times in the past but my last trip was while I was still in college in 95. So my 2 DS's 6 & 7 are looking forward to going. I am a hugh Disney nut and my kids love it, my DH thinks I have lost it. I am addicted to Harmony Kingdom Disney figures......

I have now been driving everyone crazy trying my hand at designing shirts. I even went and bought Photo Impact Pro 11. Still trying to get in fidured out. I have almost completed my son's autograph books that I am making with cardstock. Then I have purchased Disney scrapbooks to put the autographs in when we get back with there pictures. I have no life I know....

I just wanted to let all of you great designers know how wonderful you are. You give the rest of us so many ideas.....Thank you for all of your time.

Looking forward to our first TRIP AUGUST 12-19 WL HERE WE COME

Would love to see your work, not only your shirts but scrapbooks as well! Please be sure to share when you get a chance. I always love to see others work!

mseg16222
03-06-2006, 07:36 PM
How do you post pictures on here....I have a digital camera that I can take pictures with then post but unsure how....

wannabecruiser
03-07-2006, 06:25 AM
How do you post pictures on here....I have a digital camera that I can take pictures with then post but unsure how....

Hi Stacy, I just wanted to say that I see you live in Dayton PA.............I am not too far away I live in DuBois PA!!!!! I would love to see your Steeler Mickey........Huge Steeler fan here :yay: ( I was born and raised in PGH) Once you get all the details figured out on how to post pictures it becomes real fun, I sometime have to pull myself away :surfweb: and actually go to work!!!!
I know to post pics you have to upload them onto the web, I just use the community photos on these boards, it is a little confusing at first. Once you get them uploaded you must copy and past the url (think that is what it is) and then when you past it onto your message you have to put these in front of it and then at the end of the url put I now this may sound confusing but if you go over to the tech supposrt board it will tell you in better/correct terms than I can. Good Luck..

Bethipooh4
03-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi,
My name is Beth, and in less then a week I have become addicted to the DDA.

I am truthfully computer challenged, however I do consider myself crafty.. :rotfl2:

Thanks to everyone here who has helped me, especially TravelinGal,Triplefigs and Julia and Nicks mom for my awesome designs they helped me come up with.(ok they did all the work).
I now have 2 designs to turn into shirts for our group of 12 that are cruising in July!!!

I am a SAHM to 3DS's(22,15,8) and one DD (21). I am a fan of anything Disney. And none of my friends seems to understand my addiction.

Tammi67
03-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi Beth, and

Please come join us on our main chat thread. We would love to get to know you!

MinnieMouseMom
03-07-2006, 09:47 AM

This explains it better than I ever could ;)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4886029#post4886029

You can also use other places to upload your pics. A lot of people use photobucket.com

MinnieMouseMom
03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi Beth! :wave2:

gnoles
03-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi my name is Gary and I'm a proud member of the Lurking division.

We're leaving in June and I've suddenly gotten the urge to see if I can do everything to make this the best first trip ever for my two boys (4 & 6).

I'm more at home with a camera in my hand than trying to layout clipart, but have made a couple of small designs for friends and family. Like this one of my oldest (it's a couple of years old, but I can still play in photoshop)

http://gallery.gnoles.com/albums/posters/matt1.highlight.jpg (http://gallery.gnoles.com/posters)

I've seen several designs that I'm already hoping to get copies of... the four park diamond with the family vacation 2006 comes to mind immediately... along with a couple of other Julia and Nick's Mom's jump out at me. Go ahead everyone, clean out that PM box. :rotfl2:

Now who's going to drive to North AL and teach me how to be crafty.

Queen2
03-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello my name is Queen2 aka Sharon, I'm a DDA wannabe :rolleyes:. When it came to art God thought I said dart & forgot to give to the knowellage to compose. Just give me a camera :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: & I hold on to it till the party is over

I have had a lot of help from J&NMom & travlingal & many ideas from all the creators. I love this forumn & just found this thread tonight.

I have 3 grown children DD36 DS 34 DS 30 DGS soon to be 8. & married to Grumpy for 39 years.

Both sons, Hubby, DGODD, & DGS & of course me are cruising in 26 days :banana: :cheer2:

Tammi67
03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome Gary and Sharon, to our crazy little corner of the world. Please join in our main chat thread and get to know us.

MinnieMouseMom
03-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi Gary! :wave:

Hi Sharon :wave2:

DavidUK
03-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Hello there! just saw this thread thought i'd offically say hi!
I'm David from Leicster in the UK and a Student of Interactive Design!! looking forwad to getting to know all of you guys better.

Loads of very creative people here hope i fit in!

David xx

Steamboat Marti
03-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Welcome David - there is a monster thread that we chat on that you are welcome to come along to say hello. There are a few men - but mostly women but we're all nice!

I used to live in Boxmoor, Hemel Hempstead in 1971-1972; I'd love to go back!

MinnieMouseMom
03-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi David! :wave:

fun2bmomof3
03-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi My name is Crissy and I'm a DDA. I must admit I turned my son into a DDA too.

I have 4 children all with birthdays coming up in the next two monthes so they will be; two girls ages 13 and 9 and two boys ages 12 and 2.

I just started creating designs and wish I had more time. I do home daycare and can have as many as 14 children here somedays.

I am a disney addict as well. I love everything disney. 4 rooms in my house are decorated with disney themes. I am planning 3 trips within the next year. One coming up in may. One the first week of December and One next feb/March when we will celebrate 10 years of marriage and 15 years from our first date. Neat the way those dates match, huh. :teeth:

crissy

Tammi67
03-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Welcome Crissy! :wave:

MinnieMouseMom
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Crissy! :wave2:

tmfranlk
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Welcome to all the new folks in the last few weeks! It's good to see so many new DDA-ers. I hope to see you all around the big chat thread.

stitch_girl
03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi, my name's Carolyn and I'm not yet an addict (notice I said, "yet"). I found this forum while researching ways to make Lilo kissing Stitch t-shirts for our bridal party (wedding coming right up on 6/11/06!!). Seems like I should just do the iron-on technique but I'm wary of screwing it up...I'm just not domestic at ALL. :-)

MinnieMouseMom
03-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Carolyn! :wave:

Linzybrooke
03-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello! My name is Lin and I am a Disney Design Addict, though I can't design any myself!

If you wanted me to paint Cinderella's castle on your bedroom wall I'd be all for it, but using the computer...forget about it! LOL! I just discovered this board over the weekend and have been on it nonstop since then...

SueRS
03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi, I am Sue and I think I am going to become a Disney Design Addict. I don't know if I can create or not but we will see. I have been looking at the Disboards now for 6 months and now are trip is booked. Now I found this board. Been here almost everyday trying to get ideas of what I might want to do.

Waiting until spring break to get started. I have to finish another project first.

I am sure I will be back with plenty of questions.

Ok to start - What software do I need to do this well?

Thanks, :thanks:

Tammi67
03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Carolyn, Lin and Sue! :wave: Please join in on our main chat thread. We would love to get to know you.

MinnieMouseMom
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Lin! :wave:

Hi Sue! :wave:

duckyfordonald
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello! My name is Shana - I found this site last year when I was planning our first ever family trip to WDW! I found SO many awesome designs on here that our family had a different design to wear each day! (My husband thought this was a little obsessive, but he wore the shirts I made for him without too many complaints! - and it certainly made packing much easier!) We received many compliments on the designs - so hats off to all of you talented designers! Thanks for helping to make our trip extra-special!!! We actually got chosen as family of the day in the Kodak photo lab at Epcot, thanks to the one of the beautiful designs from julia and nick's mom!!! I have to apologize for being a complete moron when it comes to computers - we don't even own a digital camera - so unfortunately, I cannot post any pictures. I am so grateful for the DDA's creativity and willingness to share their talents with someone like me who is not talented enough to create desings of my own! You're the best!!!

More about me - I live in State College, PA (home of Penn State - Go Nittany Lions!) and I am a SAHM with 2 boys, Dillon,7 and Jayden,1 1/2. We are a homeschooling family. And like most on here, I am totally and completely in love with WDW!!! I am already obsessively planning our trip for next year, when Jayden will be celebrating his 3rd birthday. I just purchased 50 blank T-shirts during the sale at CheapestTees - so you may see my pleas for design help in the near future! (Thanks in advance!) My husband, Jess, tries to be understanding about my addiction to any and all things Disney - and in turn, I have to try to be understanding about his "silly" obsession with John Deere tractors. (We have a 2 car garage - and neither of us are able to park our vehicles in it, because it is full of tractors and tractor parts!) But, at least I know where I can find him!!!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all better!!!
Shana

MinnieMouseMom
03-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Shana! :wave2:

mommykds
04-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi, sorry I must have missed this thread!! Kind of late in the game to do this since most of you guys know me but here goes.

Hello, my name is Anne Marie & I am a DDA addict. However I do not wish for any type of rehab from my addiction as I love being where I am.

I love Disneyworld. My kids love it & so does my DH (but he's not as fanatical like I am). Everyone who knows me knows they can talk Disney with me & I'll be glad to help answer any questions on the topic. I love to help my friends & family plan trips. I am so glad I found this board & the DDA to share my addiction with people who won't think I am crazy.

I am a SAHM. I worked while my DD was younger but left when my DS came along. DH & I have 3 kids DD10, DS almost 7, & DD 5. We have been together for 20 years & married for 15. We did not go to Disney for our honeymoon...we drove around Ireland & England.

We were in Disney in October 2005 & got a lot of nice comments on our shirts that I made with the wonderful designs from Kate, Midnite, & Kevin. Thanks!!!! I also made some designs myself but in no way were they complicated or as nice as the ones made for me by my fellow DDA's. As soon as we got home from that trip I started planning our next in August 2006. So I will need to make more shirts. Just a suggestion to anyone else out there making shirts ..don't put the dates on!!! I had made 50 shirts for the 5 of us for our 10 days at the world & they all say "October 2005" on them..now I have to make more shirts for this August!

Glad I found the DIS & the DDA... :thumbsup2

Tammi67
04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Hello Shana and Anne Marie!!! :wave:

MinnieMouseMom
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi Anne Marie! :wave2:

Steamboat Marti
04-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi, My name is Paul.

Thats It.

Wow - man of many words. Kinda makes a wife proud!!

Queen2
04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
delete

Queen2
04-12-2006, 07:35 PM
wrong link

UP Disney
04-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Any one else?

mommy2twingles
04-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi My name is Michelle and I am a Disney Design Addict.

I have tried a few of my own but love the ones everyone has done.

I have twin boys who are 4 (Timmy and Ryan) and a little girl who is 2(Madison).

We are taking our first trip to the World as a family Nov/Dec of this year. My last trip was on our Honeymoon 9 years ago.

MinnieMouseMom
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi Michelle! :wave2:

bear74
04-30-2006, 12:20 AM
:welcome: to all the new people joing our crazy family.

tictoc
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I am looking for the instructions for the flour and water shirts. Can anyone help?

kc10family
04-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Michelle! Hi Lyn!

:wave2:
:welcome:

MinnieMouseMom
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi Lyn! :wave2:

Here ya go: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11237

tictoc
05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
:cheer2: Thank you!!!

Tammi67
05-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Michelle! Hi Lyn! Please join in our chat on the main thread. We would love to get to know you.

MinnieMouseMom
05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
:cheer2: Thank you!!!

You're welcome!! :flower:

Mickey Fanatic
05-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi :wave2: (cool get to use my fave smilie)

My name is Debbie (Mickey Fanatic) and I am a DDA lurker. Have been for awhile. I am sorry I hope you forgive me. I am in awe of the talent that is on these threads. I wish that I had even a quarter of it. There are numerous designs that I would love to try but am too nervous. Maybe one day.

Keep up the great work and I will continue to be here drooling on my keyboard. :rolleyes1

MinnieMouseMom
05-07-2006, 06:16 PM

My name is Debbie (Mickey Fanatic) and I am a DDA lurker. Have been for awhile. I am sorry I hope you forgive me. I am in awe of the talent that is on these threads. I wish that I had even a quarter of it. There are numerous designs that I would love to try but am too nervous. Maybe one day.

Keep up the great work and I will continue to be here drooling on my keyboard. :rolleyes1

Hi Debbie! :wave2: Just jump on in! You can do it!! :)

my3princes
05-07-2006, 06:58 PM

Welcome Debbie. Jump on in and join in the fun. We are a friendly bunch and love new people.

Deb

Tammi67
05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi Debbie and

Join in on the fun on our main chat thread. Don't be shy!

tmfranlk
05-08-2006, 09:48 AM

That's me too! Ideas in my head, but just can't seem to work up the nerve to try them. Good to have you here!

PrincessJen09
05-18-2006, 07:08 PM
My name is Jennifer aka PrincessJen09. I just recently discovered these boards and I have been lurking around. All of your tshirt designs are beautiful!! :cheer2: I wish that I was so talented. You have inspired me to make a bunch of shirts for my family's trip in October! :cloud9: I have come to the realization that I am a Disney Design Addict.

MinnieMouseMom
05-18-2006, 09:17 PM
My name is Jennifer aka PrincessJen09. I just recently discovered these boards and I have been lurking around. All of your tshirt designs are beautiful!! :cheer2: I wish that I was so talented. You have inspired me to make a bunch of shirts for my family's trip in October! :cloud9: I have come to the realization that I am a Disney Design Addict.

Hi Jennifer! :wave2:

kc10family
05-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi all you new kids!

Welcome!!!!

I have been working on learning Adobe Printshop Elements for a little while now. I don't design yet, but am slowly working on it. So don't worry a bit about not being able to design. Just come in and have fun!

tmfranlk
05-19-2006, 12:42 PM

Hi Jennifer. :wave: It looks like you'll be at WDW the same time as several other DDAers, me included! I'll be looking for your shirts. Come on over an join us on the big thread when you get a chance.

bear74
05-20-2006, 09:03 AM

:welcome: to our crazey home.

bear74
05-20-2006, 09:04 AM
:welcome: to our crazy home

GraysMom
05-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi, I'm GraysMom aka Jessamy and I am a Disney Design Addict. DH and I have been married for 9 years and our DS is 16 months old. We live outside of Allentown, PA and I am a SAHM to DS. I love WDW (especially the chocolate croissants!) but our next trip isn't scheduled until 2008 :sad2: Hopefully this summer's DISmeet will help ease my Disney desire.
Sadly, I don't have a creative/crafty bone in my body but I really enjoy looking at all the fantastic designs everyone has created :teeth: I can't wait to try making t-shirts (maybe for DS's second birthday party?) although I'll need to borrow some of the terrific designs others have created if that's OK. The DDA group seems like a very friendly bunch :wave2:

GraysMom

tmfranlk
05-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi Jessamy! Great to meet you. I think there are a few DDAers in your area. Borrow away! I know that I do. :teeth:

tatooed goofy
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
My name is Kelly and I am a Disney Design Addict. I keep posting on this site so I thought I should post here as well. I love anything that I can make. I love to go to Disney just to make shirts for all of us to wear. I appreciate how kind and helpful everyone is here on this board. I always feel welcome, thank you! I live in Wisconsin....toooooo far from MK!! :wizard:

disneyfreak74
06-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Lisa and I am an addict. I know that to some it is hard to believe. I mean, I am a wife, mother, and business woman. No one would be able to tell unless they could peek into my "other" life. The other life that has to rush back to the kitchen sick because it is RUNNING OVER because I was on the computer. The Lisa that dreams in "mirror image". The life that makes an ALMOST two year old BEG for me to "make me shirt!!!!!" The life that revolves around coffee and diet coke--tooth picks on the eyes because they are soooo heavy from LATE nite readings.
But I MOST DEFINATELY would NOT have it ANY OTHER WAY!!!
:wave2: Hey Guys!!!!

west4124
06-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi guys, :wave2: my name is Angie and I am a newly diagnosed DDA. I love all things Disney and have just recently found your boards. I love the designs and will soon try them out. We were in DW May of '06 for our first trip. Have 2 DS ages 7 and 4. Will be going on our our first DC in April '07. All of our BDay parties are usually Disney themed so I am anxious to try shirts for everyone plus work on some for our 07 vacation. :banana:

teamagic
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I found your wonderful site when I was co-chairperson of a Disney themed fashion show. I lurked for awhile and I have posted a few times. I bought shirts for our May 2006 trip but I could not decide on a design. I promise that I will decide in time to get them made for our next trip.

My name is Merry(yes as in CHristmas) and we live in southwestern PA. I have a DD(5) that loves the whole princess thing. A DS(2) that is not really into the Disney thing. Oh were have I gone wrong? We are all still working on him. My DH and I have always been very interested in all things Disney. His family thinks that we are totally nuts. However, I think that it is funny how one by one they all fall. My BIL went to Disney one time with us and his finance and they came home and planned a wedding at Disney. LOL

I love all the designs on this site. All the designers are really talented. I will have to try a make my own design someday.

UP Disney
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Welcome Kelly, Lisa, Angie & Merry! Always glad to have new Disney Design Addicts!

MinnieMouseMom
06-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Welcome, Jessamy, Kelly, Lisa, Angie & Merry!!! :wave2: Glad to have you here!! :mickeyjum

Tammi67
06-28-2006, 06:24 AM
I apologize for the delay. I really have been slipping lately.

To Jennifer, Jessamy, Kelly, Lisa, Angie, and Merry........

tmfranlk
06-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Lisa and Kelly! Good to meet you!!!

meredetrois2
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello, my name is Geri. :wave2: I've been married for almost 16 years and we have three kids - - Kayla, Philip and Walker (meredetrois is French for mother of three and just about the only French that I know). I am pretty new to the DIS boards. Our WDW trip starts this Sunday, July 2, and we are really excited :yay: This board is becoming an addiction. So far I've made 4 T-shirts for the kids and right now I'm working on 3 more :banana: All of you have definitely inspired me. :thumbsup2

UP Disney
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome Geri!

MinnieMouseMom
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome, Geri!! :wave:

Have a wonderful trip!!

meredetrois2
06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks, we're really looking forward to it :yay: I have some T-shirt designs that I need to upload to photobucket. If I figure out how to do that :crazy:

momof3
07-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi! My name is Mary and I'm a "new" addict. :rotfl2: I've been lurking a while but we have a grand gathering coming up in 40 days so now I have to get down to getting some shirts made! I'm amazed at the designs I've see so far. :)

MinnieMouseMom
07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi! My name is Mary and I'm a "new" addict. :rotfl2: I've been lurking a while but we have a grand gathering coming up in 40 days so now I have to get down to getting some shirts made! I'm amazed at the designs I've see so far. :)

Welcome, Mary!! :wave2:

tmfranlk
07-11-2006, 07:08 AM

Welcome, Mary! How many are in your grand gathering? How many shirts are you making? I am doing a GG in Feb and am so excited about it. I'd love to hear the details of yours. Welcome to the DDA. I hope you'll join us often.

UP Disney
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Bump! More useful information.

mslory27
09-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi, my name is Lorraine,I found this site while planning for our first ever Family Vacation to WDW for next year.In such little time i have become addicted to the DDA.Y'all are very talented.I dont have the software to come up with desings myself but maybe one day i'll give a try.I have two boys James will be 12 in November and Marley is 31 months.We love all the designs both for the t-shirts and the photo enhancements. Congratulations all of you rock!!!!

Tammi67
09-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Lorraine and Mary! Please join us for chit chat on our main thread. We are very welcoming to newcomers!

MinnieMouseMom
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi, my name is Lorraine,I found this site while planning for our first ever Family Vacation to WDW for next year.In such little time i have become addicted to the DDA.Y'all are very talented.I dont have the software to come up with desings myself but maybe one day i'll give a try.I have two boys James will be 12 in November and Marley is 31 months.We love all the designs both for the t-shirts and the photo enhancements. Congratulations all of you rock!!!!

Welcome, Lorraine! :wave2:

tinkerbell87512
09-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi my name is Cheryl and I just within a couple days have found the DDA thread. I must say you all are very talented!! Though i dont think i could make my shirts as beautiful as all of yours, im thinking of making one of the flour paste shirts (i think thats what they are called) :artist: . I want to have a special shirt for my next trip (a birthday tee) so I am hoping I can get some help from these boards! Who knows I will probably end up making shirts for each day! :rotfl: Ive always been crazy for disney and these disboards are just feeding my disney addiction! lol. :goodvibes

my3princes
09-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Welcome Cheryl. We are all Disney obsessed here and hanging out with us will just feed the addiction.

Deb

MinnieMouseMom
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome, Cheryl!! :wave2: