PDA

View Full Version : How did you come up with that username?

Motherfletcher
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
There are some strange ones out there. Mine, like my tag says, is from the mouth of Donkey in the Shrek attraction. How did you get yours?

macraven
11-09-2005, 12:01 PM
username is my name.........(in part)

i know......boring.

Motherfletcher
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Your username. I've witnessed the groveling it took to get the tags! :goodvibes

macraven
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
yes and proud to say for being a tag fairy groupie in the universal boards, i rightly earned my tags there..............

we need to liven up the universal side here. disney gets more threads going.

but where do the disney folks come to when they have a question.........
yup, right here...... ::yes::

momof3disneyholics
11-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I have 3 kids, and long years ago before we even tried Universal we were obsessed with Disney. They like Universal better now though. I wish I could change it to Universal instead of Disney because we only go to Disney a couple times a year now versus a couple of times a month for Universal.

IMGONNABE40!
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I learned of these boards while I was "helping" my DH plan my 40th birthday celebration at Universal. I had no idea that I would still be here 2+ years later! :cool1:

robvia
11-09-2005, 02:45 PM
robvia
First 3 letters of my first name (Robert)
First 3 letters of my last name (Viands)
It's how we log in at work, so I just used that when I signed up.

My tag about talking a lot is because I used to write really long responses. Still do, but hey, I type fast. And of coarse I want that B&M Flyer.
SFMM is getting one next year, and I'll fly there to ride it.

Figment22
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Well, I always liked Figment, the little purple dragon at Journey Into Imagination at Epcot so years ago, when I was still a Disney fan, I picked the name. Now, I haven't set foot in a Disney park in five years! We all are just so much happier at Universal.

The "22" is more personal. It's a tribute to my all-time favorite pro athlete, Dave DeBusschere, basketball Hall-of-Famer, who was a forward with the Pistons and the Knicks in the sixties and seventies. Sadly, Dave passed away a couple of years ago so now my "22" is more of a memorial than the original tribute.

Here's Dave:

http://www.collectr.com/bk/images/kpdebusschered.jpg

damo
11-09-2005, 03:51 PM
It's a nickname.

keishashadow
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
There are some strange ones out there. Mine, like my tag says, is from the mouth of Donkey in the Shrek attraction. How did you get yours?Also, the name of a rowdy, dive bar in Myrtle Beach where I spent many youthful, misbegotten vacations...everytime I see your name it brings back fond memories.

Excuse the reminicising of an ancient one...my tag is a memorial to my beloved furry companion, a beautiful keeshond that we lost too soon due to illness.:angel:

macraven
11-09-2005, 05:39 PM
what's a keeshond?

thought i knew you queenie and then you pull one i don't know...........

metsfan11
11-09-2005, 06:52 PM
i have mine because im obviously a mets fan LOL. i love going to the parks and having people ask me about the mets and tell me that they are yankee fans. in august i was talking to donkey after shrek 4-D and he was talking about pedro's fastball with me!! :cool1: the 11 is because my birthday is on november 11 (11/11). only 2 more days lol.

nice thread
keep it going lol :cool1:

ThePhantomsGirl
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey...

I'm a HUGE Phantom of the Opera fan. My usernames are usually either: ThePhantomsGirl, or ThePhantomsGirlfriend (depending on how many letters they give).

Oh and my tag...obviously I work at Shrek....

Smiles,

Holly

Metro West
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I used to live in the MetroWest area of Orlando..about 10 mins from Universal. Now I live 20 mins away. :sad:

phamton
11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
As for my username, years ago back when the entire internet was text-based only, email addresses were usually based on your name. In those days, you only got one email account per family. My husband is Pat Hamilton and so we decided to use his name but shortened it to P(at) Ham(il)ton and thus began phamton. I've kept it because no one registers with that name since it doesn't actually spell phantom. So everywhere I go, I can use phamton.

Bev

lucyanna girl
11-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I am from Louisiana and I am a female. A little play on my state's name - Lucyanna Girl.

gschmerl
11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Mine is not as interesting as all of yours. It's just my first initial and part of my last name. At least I can always remember it!!

the Dark Marauder
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I needed something mysterious, something that you wouldn't be able to link this name to other names I have around the web. pirate:

damo
11-09-2005, 11:03 PM
I needed something mysterious, something that you wouldn't be able to link this name to other names I have around the web. pirate:

But we still find you!

Motherfletcher
11-10-2005, 06:35 AM
It's a nickname.
Is it a long A? My son got me an Urban Dictionary so I can understand what they are saying. I get kind of lost with all of the fizzle nizzlin' yo dudes.

keishashadow
11-10-2005, 07:00 AM
what's a keeshond?

thought i knew you queenie and then you pull one i don't know...........Keeshonds are a med. to large size breed of dogs that developed in Eastern Europe...originally used by the Dutch to guard their barges. They have a beautiful double coat, multi-colored - ranging from dark grey to copper, an upright plummed tail, and 2 primary distinguishing characteristics: the infamous Keeshond smile (some say it's unnerving - looking more like a barring of teeth & and a white marking around their eyes called a spectacle/looks like glasses).

Aren't you glad you asked LOL used to breed them.:dog2: Now, I'm down to 1 keeshond & 1 schipperke.

macraven
11-10-2005, 07:18 AM
and a shipperke is.................. :confused3

keishashadow
11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Always glad to brag on my dogs (kids too!). A schipperke is a small breed with a close black coat and no tail. They were bred in Germany for hunting purposes, they have a locking jaw (like a Pit Bull does?). Weighs less than 10 pds, but very forceful & strong...I had my hands full when we got her, much mellower now. If I was an intruder, I'd take my chances with the 90 pd keeshond "Bart".

When I had my infamous squirrel invasion, I had to tackle "Poochie" the shipperke...she was hunting it down along with my Siamese.

bubba's mom
11-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, mine's pretty obvious....DS's name is Ryan, but Ryansmom was taken! So, I went with his nickname...Bubba! (Funny, you picture a 'bubba' being chubby and round...my kid is tall and skinny! :teeth: )
And, my tag.....happened to be on CB one night while the TF was lurking around. We were talking about tags and I mentioned that my DH got a tag WAY BEFORE I did on HIS forum (O&A). I mentioned one of his tags said "Eric Roberts--XM Spy".....hence...TF knows me as more than just his wife. I don't think I'll pick up any new tags tho....since April I started working a LOT more...used to be part-time SAHM (working 3 days a week). Now, I'm working full-time 6 days a week...so, I don't have much free time anymore. I do read a lot still and will post if I can. (I spend a lot of time on the Desperate Housewives thread on the CB). So, I would like to thank all those who are posting and answering my questions...I appreciate you being able to take the time to do so!! :goodvibes

MinnyGranny62
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
My name comes from my Grandson.. he says that I am short
and of course a Grandma. :rotfl: :rotfl:

spewey
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Mine's an acronym: "Special Person...Entering the World...Egg Yolks".

Not sure how many people will get that reference ...

macraven
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Mine's an acronym: "Special Person...Entering the World...Egg Yolks".

Not sure how many people will get that reference ...

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

CheshireCat
11-11-2005, 02:16 AM
It's just too obvious how I got mine. I have a love for the Cat!! :lovestruc

hsmamato2
11-11-2005, 08:40 PM
:banana: 2 kids- I homsechool them, I'm the Mama! :banana:

thedisneymom
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Mine is pretty simple. I was computer moron and my kids named me for my "past" addiction to disney. I guess you figured that out though now that I stay at PBH!!! :cool1:

4greatboys
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Mine is pretty easy to figure out. I have 4 boys. Most of the time they are great....occasionally not so great but I plan on keeping them anyway :teeth:

AlexandNessa
11-16-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm sure it's obvious from my siggy, but we are pet parents, and Alexander Graham Cat (yes, we both work for the phone company :)) and Vanessa are our kitties!

Veronique88
11-16-2005, 09:19 AM
it`s my name in french+the year I was born ;)

cali99boy
11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
it`s my name in french+the year I was born ;)
oh hehe I knew that :teeth:

I was born in California and I think when I tried to use caliboy on AIM many years ago, someone had it so I threw in a number and now I use it for everything :rotfl2:

JohnnySharp2
11-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Mine is just my name, and as it's the second time I registered - forgot my original password - I put a 2 on the end

QT Pooh
11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Oh...I feel entirely inadequate as I am one of the few posting on this thread that doesn't have a tag. :sad:

But...my DH has nicknamed me 'cutie pie' so I disneyfied it a bit.

ktglads
11-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I took my nickname in high school Katie Glads and shortened it to ktglads, since k-t can be read as Katie and Glads is a shortening of my last name. No, I'm really not too creative

It's A Happy Day
11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I started cruisin' the boards when I was in the planning stages of our recent trip to WDW. It was a combination anniversary trip and a 1st trip with our children 3 & 4. I wanted a name that was personal, Disney, and not the norm of name/initials/etc. "It's a Happy Day" is what we had engraved in our wedding bands 6 years ago and I felt it fit the bill so "It's A Happy Day" it was/is.

I love to read the usernames and try to figure out the reasons behind them. Great thread!

Notatourist
11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Because I work there...I am "Not-a-tourist"

SRRN
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
SRRN

Senior Registered Nurse :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

!!PonyBoy!!
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Mine is the name of my fave character in my fave movie- The Outsiders

iluvdizknee
11-18-2005, 02:52 PM
MINE SAYS IT ALL...... :earsgirl:

ChisJo
11-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Mine is so because at one point in time I was dating someone named Chris and we were planning our honey moon. My name in Joline. We wanted a combination of our names and came up with ChisJo.
Sadly, we are not longer together, but the name stayed. I started spelling it different ways KissJo for other boards because it stuck with me, and nobody else uses it!

Jo

monty
11-20-2005, 12:10 AM
:cat:

Snoopymom
11-21-2005, 08:39 AM
When our foster-to-adopt son came home at two, he only had a vocabulary of 5 words, but he was very clever and intelligent and reminded me of Snoopy....he also reminded me a lot of Stitch, LOL.

GammaPro
11-30-2005, 03:05 AM
My name comes from my work. I use a GAMMA radiation camera to take pictures of weldments in my PROfession. Simple as that. Ironically enough, though, I am also a big Incredible Hulk fan. So, it's doubly fitting.