PDA

View Full Version : I'm Outta Here!!!!!!!!!

LJC1861
09-15-2001, 11:26 AM
Will wonders never cease!!!!!!

I woke up this morning totally depressed and not wanting to get out of bed. the sky is blue and planes are flying again. the thought of this much needed vacation being totally gone were more than I could even think about. See, this is not just my lost vacation it is also lost for my best friend.

She had been caring for her Mom, who had cancer, for several years now. Her Mother recently passed away and this was to be the first vacation that Lisa has had in 4 years. We had been planning it since March. To have it blown away so suddenly and then have to cancel was more than either of us could bear.

So, this morning I called her and we both agreed that if there was any way humanly possible for us to still go we would. So, I quickly got dressed and found the only Continental ticket office in town that was open and stood on line for an hour. The computers are not working due to the fact that the main lines ran under the now destroyed WTC, so they were doing everything over the phone and fax.

I am on a flight first thing tomorrow morning and couldn't be happier. LIsa is in the car driving from S. Carolina and we will after all be able to have a wonderful if not shorter vacation together.

Linda

Eeyore's Pal
09-15-2001, 12:26 PM
Hurray for our side!

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

They didn't beat you, Linda! :D

Have a wonderful time! :)

Mickey7811
09-15-2001, 01:00 PM
YOU GO GIRL.

AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

LET THE HEALING BEGIN.

FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR FRIEND.

DARLENE

PS - AND YOU CAN STILL COME WITH US IF YOU WANT TO.

LJC1861
09-15-2001, 02:02 PM
When are you going down????

Linda

Eeyore's Pal
09-15-2001, 02:11 PM
The pins that were supposed to be released today, but were delayed . . .

They were waiting for you!

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

jaross
09-15-2001, 03:38 PM
Have a great time! I'm glad you didn't let them win!

Chris

Mickey7811
09-15-2001, 09:26 PM
We will be there for 8 days.

And we will get to enjoy the Pin Parade - the last one and the 100 Magical Year celebration.

Darlene

JudithM
09-15-2001, 09:28 PM
I hope you have several days of relaxation & no stress!

pintrader
09-15-2001, 09:48 PM
I am so very very happy to hear you will be here. I am staying over another day in hopes of seeing you.
Kath

shirley 38
09-17-2001, 10:15 PM
Fantastic. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mickeykid
09-18-2001, 12:48 PM
Linda:

Good for you. I hope you and Lisa have a great time. Enjoy and don't let those b-------- get you down. We have to show these people that they can't keep us down.

Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!!

Cathy