PDA

View Full Version : Learned something chilling a few minutes ago..

MeanLaureen
09-14-2001, 09:09 PM
They just had a news break on tv.. seems they have identified 2 additional targets from the attack Tuesday that for some reason didn't get hit.. and Richmond, VA was one of them. I'm not going to rest easy until the people that did this are brought to justice. :( :(

Barb
09-14-2001, 09:14 PM
I saw that. They also said they believed Atlanta was a target. What I'd like to know is how are they getting this information? I'd also like to know what these people they arrested last night in NY did to cause suspicion and then why did they release them?

shirley 38
09-14-2001, 09:17 PM
I truly believe the government knows much more that we give them credit for.
I had heard they were targeting Large Buildings and Sports Complexs.

We will prevail We are America the greatest country in the world.
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Obi-Wan Pinobi
09-14-2001, 09:30 PM
They said that Richmond and Atlanta were targeted because of the Federal Reserve Banks. Not that this area of Virginia -- from DC down to Richmond and over to Norfolk -- isn't without any number of military targets.

TinkerKat
09-14-2001, 10:17 PM
I agree with Shirley, The Gov't knows more than they let on.

Let's not forget, we are on a need to know basis only!
Why the Media insists on having all the facts presented is beyond me.
These Terrorists are like friggin roaches on a counter top.
They hide and wait.
As soon as you shut off the light to go to bed.. they are in all their glory!

They have infiltrated the United States. As far as I am concerned no one state is safe!
Unfortunately, my State was the State of Choice along with Washington!

For us to demand answers on TV is unsafe.
Why should the US publicize it's every move? Every Stragedy?
They are here! They watch T.V. they use computers...
It should be a quietly carried out search and DESTROY Mission.

God Bless us all. Kathy

LynniethePooh
09-15-2001, 12:59 AM
Tinkerkat......

Amen

Humpbacks1962
09-15-2001, 06:24 AM
Kath, I only hope that this time, they indeed search and destroy, and not leave the leaders of terrorism standing, as we saw after Desert Storm.

Madonna made pleas for peace last night, some people oppose retaliation, but they aren't responsible for our national security. We can't just call these terrorists "wanna-bes", they proved they represent a very real, dangerous threat to our nation. They hate us and won't be moved by our forgiveness and tolerance of their violent tantrums. Unfortunately, as long as some fanatical creeds guide their actions, we'll be at war.

We need to support our government, no matter what your ideology is, in order to keep America safe for everyone. It took big sacrifices to make this "the land of the free and the home of the brave". Sadly, it may take more sacrifices to keep it that way, but the God of Justice is watching over us and won't abandon us.

Wanda

Dream
09-15-2001, 08:12 AM
As a fellow Richmonder, I too was sickened by the news about our city being a target! What strange feelings and emotions we have all gone through since Tuesday. I have not tuned in to CNN this morning yet (been on the DIS) but last night they had removed the story about Richmond and Atlanta by request of the FBI. It seems their "source" for this information did not pass a lie detector test so they are questioning the validity of the story. While I do want to be kept aware of news and events, I do hope the press practices some restraint and does not fall into it's usual pattern of sensationalism and "you saw it first here" menatality. We do not need that now. So many people were upset last night over a story that may well not be true.

Brise Nannie
09-15-2001, 08:49 AM
Couldn't agree with Kathy more!!!

KAP
09-17-2001, 04:17 PM
Last week they also said that the World Trade Tower in Baltimore's Inner Harbor as well as the State Capitol Building in Annapolis were targets. Only heard that once so maybe it was rumor.