PDA

View Full Version : What has the been the youngest age for

princess jackson
11-05-2005, 07:14 AM
I was reading a thread somewhere on the boards about ToT,

And it mentioned the age of children riding it. some were saying 4 and 5 year olds, i know if they meet the height it is fine.

Would you let a 4 year old on this ride.

DD who will be 4 wanted to ride this in April, she seemed to know what it is, she followed me (if fact chased me up the queue, DH had to fetch her back crying and she said " I WANT TO RIDE TO LIFT".

We think this is her 2nd life, LOL knows to many amercian things, she calls daughts CHECKERS bearing in mind we dont not have a daughts set here.

Pop is soda, and chocolate is candy bar. ( we never say any of this, chocolate is chocolate and pop is pop.)

DD is close to 40" when she has her trainers on, DH and i will let her ride star tours, and will have to think about the other rides.

mushumadness
11-05-2005, 08:58 AM
my niece went on it a couple of years ago at 4yrs old she loved it shes also 6 going on 46 lol

laudan14
11-05-2005, 10:10 AM
My daughter first went on when she was 4. She loved it that much she did it 4 times in a row. We went this year (she is now 7) and it is still her favourite ride.

FizzyPop
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
My little boy Ethan went on it at the age of 3 :) He absolutly loved it he is now 6 and it is still his favourite ride :)

mark&sue
11-05-2005, 10:27 AM
My DD went on it when she was 4. She didn't like it. She is now 12 and has only just got back on it. She is tall for her age and has been on EVERYTHING, such as Kracken, Hulk, Air and Pepsi Max. ToT is the only ride she dislikes and it could have been because she might have been too young to ride it at the time or it could just be she prefers roller coasters to the up and down motion. She liked mission space and did not feel sick so who knows?

Last year we took my friend's five year old with us and she begged to go back on.

Susan

disney13
11-06-2005, 03:08 PM
We took my 4yr old nephew on ToT in August. I asked him if he liked it and he said a big YES, however when I asked if he wanted to go on it again, he quickly replied no! :rotfl2: We did go on it a few more times though!

Andy

Celestine
11-07-2005, 03:35 AM
DD was just 4 when she went on & was fine whilst on it, but threw a wobbler when she got off! She's not been back on since, but takes splash & now mission: space in her stride. You know your child best & what their likes/dislikes are, but even then there's no guarantee you'll predict right!

lucy_love_
11-07-2005, 06:50 AM
hi

my dd was 5 when she rode it. she wanted to ride it but did cry a little at the end. i dont think it was as much the ride as the people screaming on it. lol. she also says she doesnt want to see its tough to be a bug this year as that really scared her last year.

she is now 7 and says shes not going to ride tot this year which is fine. i say if your dd is tall enough and wants to ride it let her as long as your ok with that. if she doesnt like it she wont ride it again.

lucy

princess jackson
11-07-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm 30 this year and i will not go on it's tough to be a bug, it scares the living daylights out of me, the same goes for dinosaur.

More of a roller coaster, DD takes after me.

What other rides can she go on 40" tall, i forget what are 40" and what are 44".

Hopefully she can ride a few as it is better to ride as a family rather than the switch programme.

3 weeks and 5 days to go not like i am counting LOL

fizz13
11-08-2005, 05:37 AM
I took DS on at 3 years old, after he insisted he wanted to ride and he had DD6 raving about it to him. he was fine but I wasn't watching his reaction to everything (the photo is actually me and DH looking at DS in between us :rotfl2: ). he absolutely loved it and is his top choice for next year.

I think if they are aware of what is going to happen and want to try it, then let them. they will be safe provided they meet height requirement. he also tried Dinosaur against my better judgement and was fine. he chose not to ride this one again though ;)

Claire xx

natalielongstaff
11-08-2005, 10:09 AM
my ds rode it in october age 4 yrs and i was very unsure if he would like it......needless to say he LOVED it :confused3

daipp
11-08-2005, 11:10 AM
My daughter rode it in February this year when she was 4 and LOVES it. She can't wait to go back on next month.

Unfortunatey, we had tears at Rock and Roller Coaster as she was an inch too short. I'm sure she'll be fine in a few weeks.

David

gbrchill
11-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Unfortunatey, we had tears at Rock and Roller Coaster as she was an inch too short. I'm sure she'll be fine in a few weeks.

You may want to check the park rehab list before you go. I think R&RC closed for refurbishment earlier last week. I don't know how long the ride will be closed for.

DS (9) love R&RC but wimped out of TofT once he arrived at the final queue for the ride. He took the not so scarey elevator ride down to the exit area (although the cast member that accomanied them remained in character during that ride). Maybe next time he'll feel up to the ride. For me the best bit of the TofT is the total theming of the waiting area - it sets the tension high before you've got onto the ride proper.

:) Chris.

Diabolicdesire
11-09-2005, 05:06 AM
My cousin took her very tall 2 1/2 year old on it last year and she was fine. She thought it was great.

Cochise
11-09-2005, 06:52 AM
I decided that this was too much for my 4 year old, we were a little tough as she had been freaked out completely by the 3D shows so we were concerned not to upset her more