PDA

View Full Version : Are you receiving your mail?

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 12:42 PM
Seems to me I am only getting my letters, but my packages are very delayed. How is everybody else doing with this at this time?

Wanda

Luv2Roam
09-14-2001, 12:56 PM
VERY slow. Almost nothing but catalogs and junk.
I did receive a pin yesterday. It was slower than usual -- understandable.
But I did mail a pin over the weekend that just reached Kansas City, MO yesterday. So it should have been a few days and took at least an additional two days. KC is only hours away.....

Eeyore's Pal
09-14-2001, 01:21 PM
I received three LBEs yesterday, all from Florida, all delivered within two days.

I don't usually get service this good. :confused:

Dom13
09-14-2001, 01:35 PM
I've been doing OK except for stuff from FL. Up 'til now I've gotten things faster from Japan than from some places in the US! Mailed a couple of pins to Japan yesterday. Usually takes 4-5 days. See how long it takes now.

GotAnyPins
09-14-2001, 04:38 PM
Our out of town mail has been slow...Fl to Fl mail has been 2-3 days, and we just received a pin
from Japan..

The on 9-11- I received my trade pin from Wanda, and I am now curious to see if she got mine..

With so much going on, I forgot to ask...so Wanda, have you gotten your HM Goofy yet???

Donna

We have the eye of the Tropical Storm passing over head, and it is windy and raining, but we are just leaving
for our Contemporary Meeting..We just feel like we need to be w/ family tonight...

And in the middle of it all, we have an outside Pin Float event at DTD tomorrow...and as you have seen, all of the pins didn't make it, but they hope to release them next week.. I hope the rain keeps the sharks away

Eeyore's Pal
09-14-2001, 05:17 PM
The post office in Japan is not taking any more mail for the USA until we begin accepting mail from them again. :eek:

Mickey527
09-14-2001, 06:17 PM
Wanda,
I am getting plenty of bills. I would be glad to send some to you if you feel the need to have some bills to pay.
I don't have any outstanding packages coming to me, but I do have lots I owe to others. Sorry guys, I know there is no excuse.
The little post office that I always use closed last week. They were convienent when I was working, they were only 10 min away. The nearest Post Office from me now is about 25 min, and the lines are always out the door. I have to wait for a day off and get over there.
Peggie

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 06:21 PM
No, Donna, I have not yet received my Goofy. :(

Snif, Snif... I am waiting for a trade from Japan and another from Florida, altogether three trades, but it may be actually four.

I also bought some tradables from Cheappins & have not even seen their shadow.

Wanda

swalsh
09-14-2001, 06:45 PM
This is from the USPS official site:

Mail Service News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 13, 2001 - 7PM EDT
Release No. 01-080

Nation's Postal System Running Well
Mail is being delivered across the country

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Employees of the United States Postal Service continue to take extraordinary measures to keep the nation's mail system operational. Expanded ground transportation systems have allowed the mail to reach its destination. Postal employees continue to collect, process and deliver mail to business and residential customers across the country except those affected areas in New York City.

"Our employees are doing their part to keep Americans connected through the mail," says Postmaster General John E. Potter. "From the nation's commerce, to cards and letters of support for families touched by these tragic events, we are getting the job done."

Since nationwide air transportation was suspended by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), an expanded ground transportation network is moving mail. Cargo flights are beginning to be used to move the mail. Once the FAA allows commercial flights to resume and carry mail, the Postal Service will work to move more mail by air.

Customers seeking updated postal information can check www.usps.com for twice daily updates.

swinginevilmike
09-14-2001, 07:20 PM
Never fails...bills get here yet the important stuff like LBE's get delayed

;)

karinmac
09-14-2001, 08:09 PM
Everyday I ask my husband (who is Mr.Mom and is home all day) any mail? when he comes to pick me up from work. This entire week, he said no. Today he said that all the mail I was waiting for came today. 5 LBE's!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Luv2Roam
09-17-2001, 02:31 PM
My LBE's are getting here more than twice as long as before.
I think I am going to hold off buying/trading until things settle. (With the exclusion of OUR Dis trade!:bounce: )

lynxstch
09-17-2001, 06:23 PM
our mail is getting here faster than normal!..we even got an airmail lbe from England on Thursday..which was totally unexpected cause we thought airmail was grounded..the US post office never ceases to amaze..lol

poohandtiggertoo
09-17-2001, 06:47 PM
Mail from Canada to the US just resumed today and the Postal Service
has a backlog so it may takea while.
TTFN
Bev

Mickey7811
09-17-2001, 09:54 PM
I received a priority box today from California. It was mailed on the 10th. Today is the 17th.

I was surpised to get it.

I have stuff coming from all over. I will give it extra time.

I am still waiting for some of my Birthday pins to arrive - they have been mailed awhile ago.

I hope they get to their destinations.

DArlene
Vice Peachident
Flex Queen

Humpbacks1962
09-18-2001, 08:47 AM
Well, I got Donna's pin (thanks, smooch)

But I just dropped off a few items at my town's post office (yes, among tehm, the pin swap). They confirmed that they are still trying to catch up on our mail. "No planes, no mail", basically...

So, I guess some of you have just been very lucky!

Wanda

Luv2Roam
09-18-2001, 09:46 AM
YES! Got my b-day pin too! It is Ab Fab!:bounce:
{{{ }}}
I will make sure to get you a flex pin when I am at WDW in January!:bounce:

GotAnyPins
09-18-2001, 10:05 AM
Hi Wanda

I probably could've walked it to you faster, but it is so good to see things are moving along..

It puts a whole new meaning to "Priority Mail", and I am wondering if mail w/ metal in it are getting a little
more scrutiny or being xrayed...if this is true, we may have to get used to our pins taking
a little longer to get here than before...small price to pay..

Enjoy your pin, I know that I am enjoying mine...thanks much again, it is really for my daughter
, who is helping Brooke (her youngest) w/ the toy story collection..so thanks from all of us..

Donna