PDA

View Full Version : only 24 pins per store

Luv2Roam
09-14-2001, 12:01 PM
Very trivial in comparison to what has happened this week -- but I am disappointed each TDS will carry only 24 pins.:(
Luckily, I don't THINK this is a hot pin spot, but seems like Disney could have not made these pins LE's and just sold them as rack!
And Luckily DH doesn't work that Saturday. I may send him to the other local store to make sure I can buy some.
Even if the limit is 2 pp, the first dozen people will wipe out one store.
CM mgr still did not know anything about a pp limit, but assumed there is a limit.

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 12:39 PM
I don't think it is so trivial, Barbara. It has been soothing to me to offer lots of trades this week, for some reason...

So, is this official? Only 24 pins per store, all across, or is it limited to the smallest stores?

Wanda

Luv2Roam
09-14-2001, 12:51 PM
My nearest store, which is a small store, said 24 is all they had.
I called the other store. It is still not hardly any bigger in size, but sells WDCC. She did not know how many they had. Just whatever they are shipped.
She said later, the quanties will adjust depending on their sales. But she did not give any time frame.

I agree, even a little normalcy is comforting. :( At least the AF jets aren't flying over constantly anymore. (Local news said they were in training.) :(
We all need some good news for a change.

Sorcerer
09-14-2001, 12:52 PM
I have no idea what the official word is, but we only received 24 of each style, and my SM told me we would not be replenished. But I wouldn't engrave that in stone just yet - we all know that with Disney there is no true "official" word. :D

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 01:17 PM
So, you mean, 24 of each adding up to 240 pins, total?

Wanda

Sorcerer
09-14-2001, 01:32 PM
Sorry, Wanda! Yes, we have 24 of each style, meaning (I guess) 240 total. Are there 10 styles coming out next Saturday? I haven't been paying close attention, and I got used to the 7 that came out each week back in '99 and I guess I never thought it would be a different number. My head is in the clouds...what else is new? :D

perndwler
09-14-2001, 02:28 PM
Just spoke to the manager in my DS (Boynton Beach Mall). She said it depended on the previous pin sales. Our store has 48 of each.......... still sounds like a really small amount to me.

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 03:27 PM
Well, when you realize that these pins will be more available than those at the parks, I am sure we may see some of these pins, in some areas, at 75% off after Christmas! 24 or 48 of each does not sound like such a small number, considering the number of collectors is low in many towns and states.

I still see many Pooh, Snow White & Mickey pins from the previous set, so it is reasonable that some managers are concerned about a high number of left overs. Although the price will be lower this time, and I am sure it will help the sales...

I know Dom probably wiped out the villains at the local malls, but I am sure there will be plenty of pins for us to scoop out on that Saturday. This time, even the smaller stores will carry them, so rest assured knowing the chances of finding the pins will be greater. You could even call a relative or friend and ask the person to drive to his/her nearby store for you. For those who do not live close to the stores, I have three nearby and would be willing to help.

Wanda

Eeyore's Pal
09-14-2001, 06:33 PM
I never did plan to collect this entire set. Rather, I figured we would buy those pins that were characters or movies or places that were important to us for some reason.

Now, looking at the stock sizes -- 24 or 48 -- I am glad that we have made this decision. It could mean a vigil, every weekend, trying to make sure you get every pin. I can't handle that. I think it would sour me on the whole plan.

I think about some of the negative comments of our California DIS members, who have been yanked around over that whole set of mystery pins since the beginning of the summer.

It's one thing to debut a whole bunch of pins over a three-day weekend, or a few pins each weekend for a month. That's hard enough on the average collector who does not live near the park. But, you know, I've come to realize that it's even harder of the pin collectors who live near the park. What if they wanted to do something esle on a weekend?

Dom13
09-14-2001, 07:14 PM
Not sure how many Disney stores there are still but if ther are 400 stores and each one is getting a minimum of 24 pins then there are at least 9600 of each style. In most cases a 5000 LE means that just about any collector that wants one can get one. The X factor in this case is the collector that does not usually collect pins. Still I doubt that would add up 4600.

Also maybe Disney is trying to encourage some trading!!!

dispinfanzz
09-14-2001, 07:45 PM
As a castmember thought you should know I think the number of pins at the Disney Stores will vary from store to store. My manager says each store may have a different amount sent to them depending on the volume expected in the store. It may not be as bad as you think. Alicia and Susan

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 07:56 PM
I am there with you, Robyn. I plan to walk in and grab only what I like. If they will distribute the pins in such an uneven way, forget it! I won't add this to my list of traumas.

Me thinks we'll be doing lotsa tradin' 'n beggin' on this board!

Wanda

PS: By the way, will they be available online?

Iris
09-15-2001, 07:32 AM
We have gotten 48 of each style for week 1 and 2.

YodasMom
09-16-2001, 12:59 AM
How many pins are there in a box? I called my local store, a small one, and they said they have one box of each of the pins. The CM I spoke to said she thought there were only 12 pins to a box, but she wasn't sure.

Luv2Roam
09-16-2001, 08:37 AM
The stores that don't know how many pins they have, only that they have them are:
1) obviously not pin collectors
2) don't realize how SERIOUS this situation is!
;) :jester: :eek:

Iris
09-16-2001, 11:35 AM
There are 24 pins in each box. We have two of each style for weeks 1 and 2 except for pins 11, 12, 13. We are allocated for receive 2 boxes of each style for week 3 except for the sleeping beauty castle pin. Not sure why.