PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To The Photography Board!!!!!

Brisully
10-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Welcome all!!! I am excited to be a part of this new board along with AZJazzy J. Look for many exciting ideas in the next few days!!! :banana:

AZ JazzyJ
10-27-2005, 10:18 PM
We've been begging for a place to hang out and talk about photography for a long time so this is great! Brian brings with him a vast knowledge of experience and I love to hang out so between the two of us we'll hopefully be able to grow this area into one where you can come in and feel comfortable. Our goal is to get a loyal group of photographers who will help each other out. We're just starting to come up with great ideas of what we'd like to see so if you have suggestions or recommendations we would love to hear them. The success of this board will be a direct result of you as members so we want to hear from you. And just so you know, we plan on having a lot of fun so don't get too serious or too comfortable because we plan on bringing a smile to your face and help you make some new friends along the way.

Jeff

Goofyish
10-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Great idea - I think I may spend quite some time on this board :)

RaySharpton
10-28-2005, 04:23 AM
Welcome all!!! I am excited to be a part of this new board along with AZJazzy J. Look for many exciting ideas in the next few days!!! :banana:

Thank you Brisully and AZJazzy J. for starting this board. I know both of you guys. I bought some wonderful red, white and blue U.S.A. lanyards from AZ that I wear everyday at work. The best quality lanyards that I have ever owned.

And Brisully, I went fishing with you inside the Epcot lake several years ago. Boy was that fun. Being out on the lake at Epcot before the park opened, sitting back, fishing.

Thanks for moderating this board guys.

Sincerely, Ray :)

Kaycee
10-28-2005, 06:32 AM
What a great board! I am a very amateur photographer, but we have some great photographers here on the DIS, so I plan to come here and read a lot. Hopefully I can pick up some tips that will make me a better photographer.

DH is the main photographer in our family. With the addition of this board, he may actually start visiting the DIS! :)

jns
10-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Good luck with this board :wizard:

hopefully I will learn :rotfl2:

Debs5angels
10-28-2005, 06:55 AM
This board is a great idea! Good Luck with it. I am sure I will be here often.

Hugs, :grouphug:

Tron[ADS]
10-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Hello everybody.
I'm hoping that I can learn from hints and tips here, how to take pictures on my Fuji E550 on a mode OTHER than fully automatic.

Those manual settings must be there for a reason !

we3disneygo
10-28-2005, 07:22 AM
:goodvibes glad to see this board....maybe dh will be turned in to a Diser..... :confused3 :confused3

MissBubbles
10-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Great idea!! :jumping1:

woj68
10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Great idea to start a this new forum.

Photography has been a hobby of mine for 20 years. Looking forward to reading some good advice/tips here.

jenny2
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm so glad this board was started! Looking forward to learning more tricks of the trade!!

goofymom/pop
10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I haven't been able to hang out with you two since I sort of stopped doing pins. Mean Laureen on the scrapping board and you guys on this new Photography board...I am in Dis heaven..... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I will never get any work done now.

becky7953
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Just what I need another stop on the DIS :) :) Housework what's that? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

good luck!!!!

Sparx
10-28-2005, 12:44 PM
This is a great idea for a board, and I am having alot of fun reading all the posts, and I've even got some ideas for pictures now. I'm glad to hear that you welcome discussion about digital art and photography, and I think I am really going to enjoy hanging out here. Thanks!

MicMin
10-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Great to see this new board added. :)

willis37862
10-28-2005, 02:35 PM
So excited about this new area for us photo nuts!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

TheLionKing
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
This should be a helpful board for those photography questions that might sink to the bottom on the community board.

TwoOldPoohs
10-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow! This is great! :goodvibes :jumping2:

Muushka
10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi Brian :wave: Hi AZ (?) or Jazzy (?) :wave:

Thank you so much for taking on this great idea for a board. I am looking forward to learning more about a passion that kind of dwindled but just recently came alive! :love: Disney and photography. What a great combo.. Good luck and again, thank you.

JudithM
10-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I haven't been able to hang out with you two since I sort of stopped doing pins. Mean Laureen on the scrapping board and you guys on this new Photography board...I am in Dis heaven..... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I will never get any work done now.

Easy to ditto these comments :) ...!! I agree!!

EpcotKilterFan
10-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Great new board :)

So Brian... will you grace us with some pics from the big one :rolleyes: :rotfl: :teeth: :earboy2:

:rotfl2:

Debbie

PaulD
10-29-2005, 12:12 AM
I can't believe someone has combined my two favorite things in the world into one board! Thanks!

PaulD

Muushka
10-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I can't believe someone has combined my two favorite things in the world into one board! Thanks!

PaulD

I noticed your low count.

Were you just waiting for a photography board to be created?? Welcome :cheer2: .

Cyrano
10-29-2005, 09:43 AM
What a great idea. We all want to take better photographs and share ideas about how to take better shots of our beloved Disney :goodvibes

AlanUK
10-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Fantastic idea for a board :teeth:

I can see me spending a lot of time on here :bounce:

PaulD
10-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I noticed your low count.

Were you just waiting for a photography board to be created?? Welcome :cheer2: .

My wife posts on the DVC boards. I sometimes post on DPReview.com but this is a great combo. When my wife told me about this board I couldn't resist.

By the way Muushka, I looked at your public profile and saw that you are a Med Tech. For some reason I'm always surprised when I see another MT. Do you find that you always have to explain what you do when someone asks what your job is? I always had to...

Thanks for the welcome!

Muushka
10-29-2005, 08:14 PM
My wife posts on the DVC boards. I sometimes post on DPReview.com but this is a great combo. When my wife told me about this board I couldn't resist.

By the way Muushka, I looked at your public profile and saw that you are a Med Tech. For some reason I'm always surprised when I see another MT. Do you find that you always have to explain what you do when someone asks what your job is? I always had to...

Thanks for the welcome!

You are welcome! And you are right about the MT questions. They usually ask if I draw the blood.... yuck :rolleyes: . I am really wanting out of this field though. Too many years in it.

fabumouse
10-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Twooldpoohs - I love your photographs - makes me feel like I am right there.

Dan Murphy
10-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Looks like a good board. Nice to see you again, Brian, welcome back. And good to see you too, Jeff. :wave:

BeautyLLM
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow!! I was very excited to discover the new DIS Photography board! Very cool! :cool1:

Also excited to be able to touch base :wave: with lots of pin collector buddies from the Collector's Board. Miss you all! :grouphug:

Now, on to some photography talk!

Toby'sFriend
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey - a Photography Board! :)

I'm psyched.

Lachesis00
11-06-2005, 01:10 PM
How did I miss this board??

:cool1:

A board after my own heart!! wooo hooo!!

~Rachel the Photography Geek...

momsgonwild
11-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I just found out about this board today. This is really great. Whoever thought this board up, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! :love:

goofygrandparents
11-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Just found the board and thought I would share a few photographs I have been working on from our October WDW trip. Not the best at taking photographs but I love to play with them.

Here is the link
http://www.pbase.com/splinter_armarula/walt_disney_world

Just click on the first photograph to enlarge and click next to see the rest.
I will let you know when I add more.

Muushka
11-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Just found the board and thought I would share a few photographs I have been working on from our October WDW trip. Not the best at taking photographs but I love to play with them.

Here is the link
http://www.pbase.com/splinter_armarula/walt_disney_world

Just click on the first photograph to enlarge and click next to see the rest.
I will let you know when I add more.

I just visited your site and you do have a way of playing with them. Great job, very creative. What software do you use?? :earsgirl:

goofygrandparents
11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks Moo :blush:

I use a few different editing programs, I have Photoshop Elements 3.0, and PSP 9 (really want PSP 10), and I have recently purchased Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 which looks really interesting.
No sooner do you buy them and out comes some new want-to-haves, I wish I could afford them all.

Glad you liked the photos

Thanks
Robin

Muushka
11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I need to start being more creative with my pics. Thanks for the motivation!

PixieDust32
11-16-2005, 01:53 AM
WOW! Thank You for the new board!

Scottwdw
11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Brisully!!!

What a great idea! I have been an avid photographer for years. Been mostly been hanging out on the Restaurant board but I'll be checking this place out as well, too.

Think I'll go add my photo stuff to my signature. I bought a Nikon D70 just recently and love it! All my SLR lens work with it and I took it for a test drive in England for a week.

Well, I'm going to dig into the board and see what I can learn and contribute.

Again, great idea!!!

allen68
11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Has anyone purchased the WDW "Hi-Res Picture DVD-ROM" on Ebay? It claims it contains over 2,500 high rez pictures but it is only 8 bucks.
:earsboy:

lap3
12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
This is pretty cool! I didn't know a Photography board existed here! I'm an avid photographer myself dating back to my old Canon A-1. Since then, I've owned a couple of Point and Shoot Nikons and Sonys. Just recently, I upgraded to a Nikon D50 SLR. It was a toss up between this one and the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I was ok with either one but since my wife tried both, she felt the Nikon was very easy to use. We've owned it now for about 2 weeks and the quality of pics are excellent! We think we made a good purchase. Any other D50 owners here?

Muushka
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Welcome lap3. Great board, lots of helpful people. I'm pretty sure some D50 owners subscribed to this thread (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=946337) .

Nikon is a great camera, I just got one myself. SLR user for ever then a simpler digital, and now a D-SLR. I am in photo-heaven :cool1: .

lap3
12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the link, Muushka! I just posted this thread. (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=10782788&postcount=49).

BTW, I know what you mean. I must have shot hundreds of photos since I got my D50. I'm glad I got a 1gb memory card because I'm lovin' it already! Woohoo!!!

enchanteddisney
12-07-2005, 01:35 AM
I have been taking photo off and on for a few years now. this last year i decided to really get down and get into it. I finally broke down ad bought a Canon 350D (Rebel XT) and Love It!. Some of the photos are taken with my new Canon and soe with my old 35MM. I woudl like to get some feed back on them Thanks.

Personal Photos (http://www.enchanteddisney.com/Disney_Personal.htm)

GoofyFD
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Great idea!!!!!!!

Molly K
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=goofygrandparents]Thanks Moo :blush:

I use a few different editing programs, I have Photoshop Elements 3.0, and PSP 9 (really want PSP 10), and I have recently purchased Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 which looks really interesting.

I currently have Photoshop Elements 3.0 (would love to uprade to 7.0) but I have never heard of PSP 9 or 10. Could you explain?
THanks - great photos by the way. You have a creative eye!

Kelly Grannell
02-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Molly, I don't think there is Photoshop Elements 7.

hooksenemy
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
:worried: I am about to (less than 1hr before I get out of work) pick up my new Nikon D50 :cool1: I have never had a camera of this high of quality my recent camera is a P & S Olympus (gift from MIL) I am an avid scrapbooker, my kids play multiple sports, I love to take pictures but wanted more options for my pictures, mainly I can tell you is I needed ability to take "action" and with P & S despite trying I can't do it.

I would love to take a class after I have the camera and DS is in a hockey tournament starting tomorrow so I will be using it all weekend to get my feet wet.

I planned to purchase some editing software also so I can really give my photos a unique edge

I am sure I will be asking lots of questions, I did pop over to the D70 thread and was happy to see everyone so happy with their purchases.

GOTTA LOVE THE DIS another great thread!

Muushka
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Welcome home to your new D50. I am a new Nikon owner also and these people have been very helpful with my questions (filters, flashes...). Enjoy!

hooksenemy
03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Well my new baby (D50) is home :goodvibes and battery is charged, I have been reading the manual most of the late afternoon. So far, I love it, but I am sure I am going to need a class :scratchin

I also, think I am going to get a better telefoto lens prior to my cruise in May, I love what I have but already I WANT MORE :confused3
DH is going to crack when I tell him :headache:

Thanks for the welcome, I am sure I will have lots of questions after the weekend away :cheer2:

coolyo12345678919654
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
how do u put vmk pictures or any other things on?

handicap18
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
congrats on the new camera. I've had my D50 for a few months now and its great. Go to amazon.com and get the book, "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. You'll learn a lot and it will help you get into M, S, and A more so than Auto and those program modes.

Enjoy!

westsider
03-17-2006, 06:52 AM
rofl rofl see the guy in back his pants fell off :lmao:

Laur*Tink*85
04-01-2006, 01:36 AM
yay!!

JR6ooo4
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi All!
I just signed up here and found this Photography forum. I like taking pictures at disney more than the rides!
Mikeeee

makinorlando
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi All!
I just signed up here and found this Photography forum. I like taking pictures at disney more than the rides!
Mikeeee

Me too!

disneevillian
05-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Newbie here, to the forum and photography. I'm usually a lurker in other forums I've come across, but after reading all the great info here for the last couple of weeks, I felt the need to join in the fun. I just bought a Nikon D50 two weeks ago after drooling over the DSLRs for several years. I've played with P&S cameras for awhile but this is my first SLR. I leave for WDW next week, just a short Memorial Day weekend trip, but I am excited about taking my new camera. :goodvibes

Molly T

JR6ooo4
05-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Newbie here, to the forum and photography. I'm usually a lurker in other forums I've come across, but after reading all the great info here for the last couple of weeks, I felt the need to join in the fun. I just bought a Nikon D50 two weeks ago after drooling over the DSLRs for several years. I've played with P&S cameras for awhile but this is my first SLR. I leave for WDW next week, just a short Memorial Day weekend trip, but I am excited about taking my new camera. :goodvibes

Molly T

on the new camera and being so close to your disney trip!
Did you see Barrie's thread of photo's? Realy nice shots and good ideas about composition.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1113022

Post some of yours when you get back,
Mikeeee

handicap18
05-18-2006, 04:53 PM

Molly T

Welcome aboard Molly. Glad to have you join the crew. Congrats on the new camera and the upcoming trip. I've got the same camera and am going to the World in 3 weeks.

Be sure to post pics. We love pictures. They're our favorites. Don't be affraid to post and ask questions. Best way to learn. lots of good people here and they don't bit. Well, they usually don't bite. ;)

Marinerbaby
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I just found this forum. It looks great!! I've been a member (lurker) to DIS for quiet some time but somehow never made my way here. I use a Canon 20D and can't wait to take some shots at Disney in August. I use CS2 and have a small portrait studio I work out of focusing mostly on babies/children. :)

~Ruth

0bli0
06-20-2006, 08:56 AM
my sister just sent me a link to this board as well. i'm just posting a few posts now so i can post some Disney shots. i'm a Canon user - 1dmk2 - and shoot sports (kids, mostly) and family and individual portraits.

Carolc
06-21-2006, 12:50 AM
my sister just sent me a link to this board as well. i'm just posting a few posts now so i can post some Disney shots. i'm a Canon user - 1dmk2 - and shoot sports (kids, mostly) and family and individual portraits.

Ah yes, your sister has been doing a lot of :surfweb: while preparing for a WDW trip that her brother won't fly 20+ hours and spend gobs of money to join her in the crowds during the hottest part of the summer (and hurricane season). Go figure! :confused3

I found this board while looking to see if anyone ever organizes a photo scavenger hunt at the world. I came across a Disneyland one on another website (http://www.pbase.com/baesdphotoclub/disneyland_part_deux) and thought it was a really cool idea, though I'd like to see less 'common' stuff and more unusual things (things that the average eye may not notice). I do like the weekly photo contest on this board... really neat idea. :thumbsup2

Anyway, I'm a beginner to the DSLR world, but am looking forward to taking some photos during my upcoming (brotherless) trip to the World. :woohoo:

Glad to find this board, though I must admit all the tech talk is way over my head. :blush: Hope to learn something from all of you experts... :wave:

2angelsinheaven
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm joining this board. I've been a DISer for years but never noticed this section. I've posted a few photos tonight and plan on visiting often.

<~~~~Aspiring Photographer here...=o)

IrishGoofy1986
07-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I just got back from Disney. I took about 16 rolls of flim. pirate:

Jeninpa
08-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi! I just found this thread and I LOVE photography! Been at it since I had kids almost 12 years ago and after 4 of them I'm getting pretty good. I love to look at others photo's and share mine. I don't have any Disney ones yet though but after our 10/14-10/21 cruise I'll have a few I'm sure,lol. I just have a cheap Panasonic Lumix LZ2 but I have gotten some great pics with it so I'm excited to get sharing!!

JR6ooo4
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
I just got back from Disney. I took about 16 rolls of flim. pirate:

Sounds like my honeymoon.
We actually found a canon owl that was better than the cam we currently had. We switched to that one for the rest of the trip! I still have the negatives and have "scanning them" on my "to do" list.

Welcome!
Mikeeee

JR6ooo4
08-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi! I just found this thread and I LOVE photography! Been at it since I had kids almost 12 years ago and after 4 of them I'm getting pretty good. I love to look at others photo's and share mine. I don't have any Disney ones yet though but after our 10/14-10/21 cruise I'll have a few I'm sure,lol. I just have a cheap Panasonic Lumix LZ2 but I have gotten some great pics with it so I'm excited to get sharing!!

Is that PA like Pennsylvania. Half my fam is from there. Lots of PA folks here.

Congrats on the 7 day cruise, too.

Mikeeee

DragonSlyr
09-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Been following DIS with my wife for sometime now. All the helpfull hints in the photo boards are great. Need to post some replys of my own so i can start submitting photos as well. Look forward to posting with everyone.

CAVEA001
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I love all the "show me" threads. Keep up the great work! :)

Timeless
11-06-2006, 08:31 PM
a newbie here too. This is certainly a great board. love the photos and the how tos
Jeff

mecllap
11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Resubscribing -- did some unsubscribing when I shouldn't have. This is a very helpful board -- loved learning how to post photos on here.

graeme1299
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Just trying to up my posts so I can share some DW pics.

ang
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I am really excited to be here. I just recieved my new camera and I will need a lot of help. My ??? is how do you up load your pictures?

Aimerskoeh
04-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for starting a wonderful board like this.
I am hoping to learn a lot and pick up sometimes
maybe even have some of you critique some of my work.
I have been in love with photography for a while, I did yearbook all through out high school.
I have reccently showed some of work to some people, who said I have a very good talent and I should use it.
I am in the process of starting my portfolio and getting advice from professionals.
I will frequent these boards a lot I am sure.

kim532
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
?

DisneyExplorer
05-28-2007, 05:39 AM
been on DIS for a while and just found this board. great idea!!

look forward to top photo chat!
:goodvibes

Clark-Kent
08-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Hello:) :)

GorshGoofy
09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Subscribing. I used to have a Minolta 202 until my house got burgled. :sad: Recently we bought a Canon Rebel XTi. I'm looking forward to our next trip to WDW. I'll need SEVERAL memory cards!! :banana:

PattiPooh
10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi, I am new, I shoot manual, natural light, XTi and 50mm f/1.8 I mostly shoot portraits and mostly of my dd. I am going to Disney in Nov with the family :) Can't wiat! Came here for help in finding lens...

OnceUponADream07
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
how do you show or attach photos that we've taken from previous trips?:confused3

bornin49
11-02-2007, 05:01 PM
hi all
first time here, and it looks like a lot of fun,Iam an ameteur photographer and always looking for ways of improvement,I have a pentax 750 optio digital camera and a cannon rebel xti. I have been taking pictures for about 40 years now ,mostly with point and shoot cameras.iam looking forward to reading everyones posts.:thumbsup2

Piglet's Momma
11-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi, everyone! I've looked through the pictures a bit and look forward to exploring more.

I used to use a Konica Minolta DiMage Z10, and early this year I switched to a Canon S3 IS, primarily for the Super Macro and image stabilization. I like to do art photography, and I recently got into TTV (through the viewfinder), using a Kodak Duaflex III and a cardboard contraption.

I also recently got a Holga (hooray for lo-fi), and a FishEye. I'm taking those and my Canon to Disney in three weeks. I'm packing light, otherwise. :rolleyes:

Ohana90
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
hello,
New to the forum:hippie:

GatheringNoMoss
02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
how do you show or attach photos that we've taken from previous trips?:confused3

Wondering the same, how do you is this done?:confused3

2bemarried
03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi all...

I love taking photos for my scrapbooks but I'm a complete amateur. I'll be over here trying to learn tips and tricks.

jann1033
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Wondering the same, how do you is this done?:confused3

download your photos to someplace like photobucket then use the code( highlight and copy it there, past it in the reply here) for forums...in photobucket it is the lower one.

CiaoBelle
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
test with image

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/e_macbon/Disney%202008/DSC02446.jpg

GorshGoofy
03-25-2008, 07:13 PM
test with image

IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/e_macbon/Disney%202008/DSC02446.jpg[/IMG]

Hi!! Notice that the opening bracket for IMG is missing. Make it to get ...

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/e_macbon/Disney%202008/DSC02446.jpg

Hey!! You took a great shot!!!!!

GatheringNoMoss
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Just wondering if flickr will work like photobucket.

http://flickr.com/photos/redshamrock/2325706470/

GatheringNoMoss
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Guess not n:guilty:

MarkBarbieri
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM

In what way?

GatheringNoMoss
03-26-2008, 01:49 PM
In what way?

As a place to reference photos to be displayed on this board.

Or maybe I am doing it wrong, which would most certainly not be a first!

handicap18
03-26-2008, 04:48 PM
As a place to reference photos to be displayed on this board.

Or maybe I am doing it wrong, which would most certainly not be a first!

yes it will work, though it works differently.

You'll need to open up 2 windows. One with the Dis board and 1 with flickr.

First you have to click the Insert Link button and add copy the address from your flickr page where the image is. Once that happens you will see the same info highlighted here. Don't touch anything yet. Go on the flickr page where the photo is and click All Sizes. Choose the Medium size (that seems to fit best here on the boards). The copy the box under "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

Then go back to the Dis board window and with the info still highlighted click on the Insert Image box then paste your cut url from flickr. Then click Submit Reply.

This will allow your flickr photo to be seen by everyone and still have the link back to flickr which is part of the license agreement with flickr. I've tried a number of different ways to post pics from flickr and this seems to be the best way I've found.

handicap18
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM

What you have posted here is just the url to the front page where this particular image is on flickr. Thats not the actual URL for the photo.

I would add the picture here for you, but you don't have the option for the general public to see more than 1 size on your flickr page. The only option I have is to add the photo as a favorite. On just about all other flickr members photos I have the options: add to favs, blog this, and All Sizes.

GatheringNoMoss
03-29-2008, 05:06 AM
What you have posted here is just the url to the front page where this particular image is on flickr. Thats not the actual URL for the photo.

I followed the steps in your first message and I am now all set.

My first post is in on the Olympus Evot 510 thread.
:banana:

dixie lolly
03-29-2008, 04:18 PM
subbing

disneyanimal
04-08-2008, 06:23 AM
New to photography, hope to learn a lot here.
Thanks for the boards

MarkBarbieri
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
New to photography, hope to learn a lot here.
Thanks for the boards

Welcome to the photography forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I'd also like to apologize in advance.

disneyanimal
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Testing picturehttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/clos125/IMG_3413.jpg[/IMG]

AdamFranc
05-02-2008, 01:35 PM
hey guys,

i wanted to post a picture in the world showcase contest BUT it won't allow me to attach anything, i was wondering how to take part in the contest...

thanks for your help!

SonyaM
05-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Just saying hello! I was invited here after posting my vacation photos on another forum. I'm Sonya and currently live in CA. We're moving to Kansas this summer, so we took our last chance to see Disneyland last week.

GorshGoofy
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Here's my contribution for the day.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh87/gorshgoofy/IMG2896_896_495Everest-1.jpg

grandall
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself (and get my post count to 10 so I can show you some of my first photos). I bought a Canon Powershot S5 about two weeks ago and have been busy reading the manuals and the Shortcourses eBook. We are going to WDW for the first time this June, and are expecting a third child in August, so I thought it was a good time to start learning about photography. My ultimate goal is a dSLR but now is the not the time. My last camera was an Olympus FE-180. It was OK, but I recently started having problems with a lot of blur.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

grandall
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
OK, here is a shot I took during movie mode. It came out much better than other shots of the same person in the same location -- I posted on the Canon S3/S5 thread to see if anyone knows what setting the camera uses during movie mode...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/gmacrandall/IMG_0121.jpg

This one was taken in portrait mode:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/gmacrandall/IMG_0141.jpg

This one (of a weed in my backyard!) was taken with the macro setting. I'm still trying to figure out when you would need super macro.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/gmacrandall/IMG_0044.jpg

I hope to move into Tv and Av-priority mode soon...thanks for looking (and for offering any advice on how to improve!)

DL_DCA_fans
05-25-2008, 09:34 PM
http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/b4b0qj1YTvvPgZ1su1q-JeMkETVtYjmhTmHRv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_m.jpg

http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/b4b0qj1YTvvPgZ1su1q-JeMkETVtYjmhTmHRv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

quackersnaps
05-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone, wonderful to have a place to combine photography and disney, 2 of my favorite things! I have a Canon EOS 30D right now. I am a real estate photographer, taking photos of properties and creating virtual tours. Can't wait to see some great photos of Disney and enter some of the contests too! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

mickeyfan1226
06-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I have been coming to DIS for a few months now and just found this thread. I have become more interested in photography these last 2 years since my grandbaby was born. I just bought a nikon d70. Still learning how to use it but have had a blast with it. I am hoping I can learn something from this site to help me get better pictures. :thumbsup2

YouJustBideYourTime!
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I had no idea this existed til I came across it by accident! Looking forward to viewing all your beautiful photos and sharing some of mine :lovestruc

squee!! disney!!
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
i guess this is where i should introduce myself?

my name is joana, i am from west michigan and i love photography...and disney world. they are my two favorite things in this world. (my poor husband, he married someone with two potentially EXPENSIVE passions.) i am a full time office assistant at my family's business and i am starting up my own photography studio. joanakaylene dot com. (i can't post the real link yet because of my low post count.)

i shoot weddings and portraits right now with a 5D. although, today they announced the 5D mark ii and that looks pretty darn amazing!

im going to disney world in october for the 9th time, it will be my husbands first trip. so i plan on photographing EVERYTHING.

so, that's me in a nutshell!! just thought i'd pop in and say hi!!

inky
11-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Im new to the board and I have been reading alot of the post on here,but Im confused with some of the advice.
I have a Fuji S700 camera and Im looking to take photos at night and of the fireworks. Some people say to use a high Iso and some say go low on the ISO.
Which one is the best? Im going in Feb. and Im trying to use this new camera so that I get good pics.

Please help!!!

jk and ek
12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
hi! i am the ek half of jk and ek.

i'm a photographer that is actually currently in school at parsons and majoring in photo. i shoot mostly in an editorial style, but i do like to experiment with different types of cameras like holgas, lomos, etc.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/1563728993_cb5e6c2b1f.jpg
me and my "assistant" oliver! :rotfl:

HIii
03-13-2009, 06:23 PM
wow cute

HIii
03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
btw hi everyone!

HIii
03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
:cool1:

NostalgicDad
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
hi! i am the ek half of jk and ek.

i'm a photographer that is actually currently in school at parsons and majoring in photo. i shoot mostly in an editorial style, but i do like to experiment with different types of cameras like holgas, lomos, etc.

me and my "assistant" oliver! :rotfl:

Welcome........Can't wait to see your shots! :thumbsup2

JoWiJo
03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I guess I might as well as sign this thread as well. It's been nearly 20 years since my last visit to Disney World, and I plan on taking more pictures than I know what to do with when I return this summer.

Thank you to all of those that have posted suggestions on camera settings for the fireworks and electric parade. I usually take my photos on automatic (my camera does an excellent job at figuring things out), but I have made note to make sure it will have certain manual settings for these events.

PS Wish me luck, there is an outside chance I can see a shuttle launch on the trip (the day we check in). I want to get the best view of the launch pad I can.

scoot241
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
I stumbled upon this board while searching for photography stuff the other day. How convenient that two of my interests are wrapped into one right here: photography and Disney World!

I finally took the plunge and bought my first DSLR the other day - a Canon XSi with the kit 18-55 lens. I have a little film SLR experience; my dad has an old Nikkormat FTn (he had it imported from Japan) that I've taken pictures on. Other than that, I've been using the same camera for the past 4 or so years: an Olympus super-zoom P&S (model # escapes me right now).

Our next trip is in September so I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time between now and then to get comfortable with the XSi . I think my next lens is going to be the 50mm (f/1.8 or 1.4, can't decide if the extra money is worth the extra stop) because I'm fairly comfortable with it on my dad's camera.

ErinBug
04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
:wave2: Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while now and figured I should finally get around to posting something! I'm just in awe of everything posted here and can't wait to post some things of my own.

I received a Nikon D40 with the 18-55mm kit lens for Christmas and am in love with it! :love: I'm very new to DSLR photography but have learned so many tips and tricks on this board so thank you!

CdnDisneyLover
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I've also been lurking. I think I am addicted to this site now!!!!!

Thanks for all the great pics and great advice. :goodvibes

lizet313
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I am addicted to Dis glad I found this forum. I know I will get a lot of helpful tips.

jadelee
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Excellent site, really! Tnx you all for sharing pics! They are amazing! Will live here! :thumbsup2

kaygee10
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to be, but it at least seems like a place to start. I'm looking for an underwater housing for my Sony A-300 DSLR. Does anyone know of a company that sells these? Appreciate any help or leads anyone can provide. Thanks.

GoofyontheHiSeas
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to be, but it at least seems like a place to start. I'm looking for an underwater housing for my Sony A-300 DSLR. Does anyone know of a company that sells these? Appreciate any help or leads anyone can provide. Thanks.

Yes they make them :rolleyes1 Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing for Sony A300 (http://www.adorama.com/IK684135.html) but ouch $1350. Ikelite is the best know underwater housing company around. If you were going to take your camera underwater, I would want the best.

sdshutterbug
07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey all! My name's Samantha and I am new to DisBoards. My kit is currently a Sony a200 with 2 kit lenses and a Minolta 50mm f/1.7. When I went to WDW most recently in January, all I had was a basic Kodak P&S but I have become so interested in Photography since then I have made the upgrade to DSLR!

aqua12
08-07-2009, 12:19 AM
glad to found this forum :)
great pics

tpmpro687
08-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I feel the same way I will be on this board alot. We arrive in Disney on the 22nd. I love to take pictures. I like to get the not everyday pics. Going to back through this thread now. Have a great day!

nigelp
08-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi all - My name is Nigel and I am a UK user of the DIS.

I have just returned from WDW with a bucket load of photos to share sometime.

Waldorf
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Such amazing photos here. I'm looking forward to my first trip using my D40 in December. With time I would be happy happy to shoot half as well as what I see posted on this board.

denise
10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
New to this board and just want to say thanks for all the great ideas for bags.
I have a Nikon D40x with the two "kit" lens, extra flash and have been looking for a better bag. Lots to read and study here. Hopefully Best Buy will have these so I can "touch" them first. I found the Adorama site (thanks for the suggestion on that too!) had good prices. Just don't want to order before seeing it in my hands of trying it on!
Now my only problem is...do I get one just for the Nikon stuff or do I get a bigger bag to hold my small digital video and the small netbook (next purchase) I want. It would make airports easier but I would not be hauling those around every day. :confused3 Just have to do my research.
Also would love the D5000 but there is nothing wrong with my D40x and I love it....what to do, what to do???

beachphotog
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
My name is Susie and I just discovered these boards last week!(I sound like I'm introducing myself at a 12 step meeting!:rotfl:) How fabulous to combine two things I love, Disney and photography! I can not WAIT to take pics in two weeks! :cool1:

robert88
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Can't wait to share my videos! Here's a sneak preview (http://u.nu/3y9w3) of some fun with my friends!

PegIra
11-21-2009, 09:26 AM
It has been awhile since I uploaded pictures to the boards and I can't quite remember how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory?

Thanks so much,

Peg

PegIra
11-21-2009, 09:36 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn191/tchpet1959/Beeinmidair.jpg

PegIra
11-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I took this picture at Blizzard Beach in May while we were at WDW celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.

Peg

ead79
12-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Hello! I'm new to the Photography board, so I thought I would introduce myself. I just got surprised with a Canon EOS Rebel T1i for Christmas, and I'm really looking forward to learning how to use it. If you've got any tips for books I should get for a beginner to SLR cameras, then I'd appreciate it. :)

DisneyLover12.24.09
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
We got married Dec. 24, 2009 at Sea Breeze Point. We hired an outside photographer....Jess Cumbie.

Our Wedding Website!!!!
http://themoores.jesscumbie.com/kaitlyn-ryan.html

Our Wedding Photos!!! All 700...
http://www.jesscumbieproofs.com/Wedd...n-Ryan-Wedding

Her website is www.jesscumbie.com
Her blog is http://jesscumbie.blogspot.com

I seriously can't even tell you how UNBELIEVABLY pleased we were/are with her. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her! She does all kinds of sessions... engagement, family, senior portraits, expecting mommy, fashion...ANYTHING.

AbbotLee
01-13-2010, 12:25 AM
All pictures shared by my all friends are just awesome...
I never see such collection before...Thank you so much to all them..

snowsnow21
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
i ca't see good deal but i think it's hopefully I will learn

soonish
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
hi all, can you point me to some good photography tutorial? i am new to this all and would gladly learn wherever possible

soonish
01-18-2010, 12:11 PM
it is nice that there are forums like this and that people are actually willing to help one another, 'tis quite rare in this world

cosine4
01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
soonish, I have found this site very useful: http://digital-photography-school.com/

Does anyone have a link to the blank high res lime green mickey heads for the photography board? I got a laminating machine for Christmas and want to make a tag for my camera case.

Thanks!

jupster75
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I am a lurker just sticking my head in to say "HEY"! My pictures will never compare to most posted here. I mainly read trying to learn everything I can about photography and my new camera, a Nikon D5000. :wave2:

LKD
02-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi I'm new to this board ^-^ I'm rediscovering my love for photography and a new Annual Pass so I'll be lurking!

mrcricket
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey all, I'm not new to the DIS, but I am fairly new to the photography board. Thanks to the Podcast crew and Corey for mentioning the Photo board on a show a few months back. I've already learned some neat things here, including how to take fireworks photos and great info on a travel tripod. I look forward to learning more and making some friends.

wildeflowers
04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi, everyone!

I stumbled across the DIS board while searching for answers to a ? I had about our upcoming trip. Seems like a great community here.

Happy to see a photo board here. I am a professional photographer, and I'm always happy to answer any questions!

I am truly inspired by a lot of the work I see posted here. :-)