PDA

View Full Version : Lady Liberty And Other Pins

Mickey7811
09-13-2001, 07:32 AM
I HAVE PULLED OUT MY LADY LIBERTY FOURTH OF JULY PIN (THANKS JACKIE) AND MY OTHER PATRIOTIC PINS TO WEAR THESE LAST COUPLE DAYS.

A SMALL JESTER, BUT I AM GRASPING HERE, JUST WONDERING WHAT I CAN DO.

DARLENE

Iris
09-13-2001, 08:10 AM
Good Idea Darlene, mine will be worn today as well.

Luv2Roam
09-13-2001, 09:19 AM
Good idea!!

RweTHEREyet
09-14-2001, 11:41 AM
I pulled mine out this morning and was coming to post the same thing and saw it was already done. I was wondering if anyone else was using their pins to show their support. Everyone at the office isl oving my blinking Lady Liberty and I am so proud to wear it.

:D

Humpbacks1962
09-14-2001, 01:37 PM
Great opportunity to wear our patriotic pins, even the fourth of July series.
I think cheappins.com still has some Mickey America pins available.

Wanda

EpcotKilterFan
09-14-2001, 02:05 PM
I think that the Mickey For President pin would be a great pin to wear...anyone have one?? ;)

(Sorry.... needed a little levity right now...)

Debbie
(SHHHH took a break for a minute to check out the board)

GotAnyPins
09-16-2001, 10:32 PM
Speaking of the 4th of July pins, we were in the Magic Kingdom today, and the whole area is decorated w/ flags, banners, and if you didn't know better, you would think it was the 4th...We wore all of our available pins, and everyone else was too..

For the last couple of days we have made a point to be in the square in front of the city hall for the flag lowering ceremony, I don't
know it anyone has made a point to see it, and I have to admit that in the years that I have made weekly trips
down there, the first time that I saw this was last Sunday....before all of the tragic events of this week.. I was even at that
time moved to tears,

Seeing this performed on Sat & Sunday, w/ the band, and the lowering of the flag, the releasing of the white doves, brought out
an outpouring of emotion that surprised me, and from the huge crowd there w/ us, standing tall w/ their hands over their
hearts, and directing their young children on how to hold their hands in position..tears in many eyes, they looked as surprised
as me..

A young CM in the Expo Hall told me that before this happened, hardly anyone gave this ceremony a second glance...
It is a shame that it took a murder of this magtitude to make us remember how it used to be...before road rage,
pettiness, lack of respect for our country, and the people in it....

Lets hope this"Wake Up Call" holds, and we never forget, or take this country or our freedom for granted..

God Bless America, and it's Citizens especially those brave workers and volunteers down at ground zero

NHMickey
09-16-2001, 10:51 PM
I have worn my Mickey Flag pin to work everyday this week

Mickey7811
09-16-2001, 11:03 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE FOR THE FLAG CEREMONY.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TIME TO BE THERE TO SEE THIS.

AT THE BALTIMORE PIN MEET TODAY, THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE MICKEY PINS WERE THERE IN FULL FORCE.

I HAVE MY UNCLE SAM MICKEY FLAG WAVING IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE WITH OUR AMERICAN FLAG HANGING AT HALF MAST WITH A SPOT LIGHT ON IT.

I WISH I COULD DO MORE.

DARLENE
VICE PEACHIDENT
FLEX QUEEN

GotAnyPins
09-16-2001, 11:18 PM
The Flag ceremony is at 5 pm everyday in the square in the front of the Magic Kingdom in front
of the train station....I'm going to try to get to our pin meeting early next Fri. at the Contemporary
so I can take a monorail run over to watch it......I would like to take my three grand daughtersw/ me
I think it would help them too....The two oldest have had 3 bomb scares at their high school this week
Some of the Disney magic can help all of right now..

I saw a lot of the Mickey flags today, and they are all sold out too..

Barb A.
09-17-2001, 02:46 PM
Anyone have an extra Mickey Flag pin they want to get rid of? I'm desperate for a patriotic pin and it might as well be a
Disney one!!! I'm surprised the stores in our area aren't going crazy trying to sell leftover stuff from July 4th.

Mickey7811
09-17-2001, 03:01 PM
ALL OF THE STORES IN OUR AREA ARE SELLING ALL THEIR FOURHT OF JULY LEFTOVERS. THEY ARE JUST SITTING IN CARTS AT THE STORES.

I HAVE DECIDED I AM GOING TO DO A RED WHITE AND BLUE LANYARD WHEN I GO TO DISNEY IN TWO WEEKS.

I HAVE LOTS OF PATRIOTIC PINS AND THINK IT WOULD BE VERY APPROPRIATE TO WEAR THEM.

I AM ALSO WEARING MY NEW VICE PEACHIDENT LANYARD.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE FLAG CEREMONY - DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A FLAG RAISING CEREMONY ALSO, AND WHAT TIME THAT IS.

THANKS.

DARLENE
VICE PEACHIDENT
FLEX QUEEN

GotAnyPins
09-17-2001, 03:14 PM
THE FLAG LOWERING CEREMONY IS EVERYDAY AT 5 PM IN THE FRONT CIRCLE BY CITY HALL AND THE EXPO HALL

Right now everyone is wearing every patriotic pin they have, and dressing in red white & blue..

A red white and blue lanyard would be great....

pintrader
09-17-2001, 05:25 PM
I got out my Lady Liberty pin and my Rocket Mickey from last year and those are what I am wearing. I wore my 2000 July 4th pins on property yesterday. It was great having pin collectors and NON pin collectors stop me to chat about them.

The lowering of the flag in town square is quite a moving site with the release of the pigeons and all. Everyone MUST stop and watch it once at least.

Mickey7811
09-18-2001, 05:42 AM
I would to thank everyone for all the information about the flag ceremony.

I feel I will see it 8 times during my 8 day trip.

I have pulled out all my Red, White and Blue and Uncle Sam pins. I have alot, amazingly. Now if Icould do a Red, White and Blue lanyard, that would be awesome. Needless to say the craft store had nothing in these colors. I am hoping the 100 Magical Year Annual Pass Lanyard would be at least Red and White - I am taking the pins on a black lanyard, but plan to transfer them over when I get there.

Our group that is traveling is a little crazy, and we had planned to wear matching clothes on Saturday - the theme being Red, White and Black - well that has been changed too. It will now be Red, White and Blue.

I look forward to being in the Magic. I know I will find it there.

Darlene
Vice Peachident
Flex Queen