PDA

View Full Version : 1st pin error pin

shirley 38
09-12-2001, 10:16 PM
I have seen it today. The very first pin in the collection from the disney stores is an error. Instead of having Walt's birthday as 1901 it is 1981.
Well what do you think will they correct it.????

Bouncing Tigger
09-13-2001, 05:03 AM
Hi Shirley..

Actually, it is not an error. The year is reflective of when One Man's Dream debuted. One Man's Dream was a show at Videotropolis at DL, which was originally produced at TDL. The show tells Walt Disney's story through his animated triumphs. One of the most unique elements of the show, was that the beginning was all in black and white, then the characters and sets magically changed to full color.

shirley 38
09-13-2001, 07:12 AM
Thanks Joette. My manager pointed this out to me. Now I can update her on it.

SGKoss
09-13-2001, 11:58 AM
I had heard on another board that it was supposed to read 1901 and the pins have been recalled. Perhaps as a DS CM, you can let us know if that's true? They handed the pins out at the Disneyana Convention and I was THRILLED that I received and error pin!

Shari

Sorcerer
09-13-2001, 02:35 PM
I can confirm Joette's statement. The pins are not being recalled (I was just at TDS on my lunch break today to get my schedule for next week) and the pins have not moved from the shelf. The date is correct - sorry everyone! And the pins we were given at the convention are exactly the same as what is in the store, as far as I can tell. I couldn't bring my pin in to compare it, but from memory they appear to be the same.