PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Find

Feralpeg
10-16-2005, 05:55 PM
I am new to scrapbooking and have only visited a couple of scrapbook stores, but I found something this weekend that I think is such a great idea. This scrapbook store has an area with a Sissix and all of the different dies. You can take your paper in and make what ever diecuts you need. This is so much better than having to buy all of the different dies or buy precut ones that aren't exactly what you want. Neat idea! Is this common at other stores?

WDWAurora
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
The store I used to go to in Raleigh didn't have a Sizzix (this was before they were so popular) but they did have a similar machine. They required you to buy your cardstock from them or to be paying to use their space at the time, but it was still a good deal if they had shapes you needed.

Welcome to our world! I know you'll be great since you seem to have a great crafting flair anyway!

graygables
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Archiver's has an Ellison (the mama of Sizzix) available for use as long as you buy your paper there. During crops, they also pull out the Sizzix and Quickutz. Another LSS has the sizzix available during crops.

PigletsPal
10-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Which store did you go to? When I was up for the Expo we went to a store off of SandLake Road that had that same set up.

Feralpeg
10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Which store did you go to? When I was up for the Expo we went to a store off of SandLake Road that had that same set up.

It was over near the Florida Mall. I don't remember the name of the store, but it was close to the mall.

Twigs
10-16-2005, 10:35 PM
There used to be a large craft store (Creativity?) about a half hour from me where they had an ellison machine and as mentioned above, if you bought the paper from them you could use the machine for free. It went out of business, and now that I am into scrapping, I have looked for a store with a similar set up, but haven't found one.