PDA

View Full Version : All you SBP Brides..HELP ME OUT!!!

fynook12
10-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I am just so curious to find out what you ladies did for music for your ceremony?? I know the intimate's get a violinist included, so I guess i'm going towards the custom brides. I mean, I just don't know if one violin can play the kind of music that I like. At the same time, the cost of a string quartet or even a trio is a little out of my budget. So i guess i'm asking if anyone of you SBP brides figured any other way to have music...ie..CD Player w/speaker system?? OR I don't know? I guess there would be no other option after the CDsystem? I'd like to here what you did...Thanks...

Laurafoster
10-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Yeah i wouldnt mind some suggestions either! Im getting married at the yacht club gazebo and im having the same problem picking out what to do for music during the ceremony!

Disneybridein2k3
10-16-2005, 07:27 AM
I am just so curious to find out what you ladies did for music for your ceremony?? I know the intimate's get a violinist included, so I guess i'm going towards the custom brides. I mean, I just don't know if one violin can play the kind of music that I like. At the same time, the cost of a string quartet or even a trio is a little out of my budget. So i guess i'm asking if anyone of you SBP brides figured any other way to have music...ie..CD Player w/speaker system?? OR I don't know? I guess there would be no other option after the CDsystem? I'd like to here what you did...Thanks...

I'm afraid I can't be of much help -- we used a string trio. It worked out beautifully -- they were able to play just about anything I wanted for the ceremony, including Bippity Boppity Boo when my daughter (our fairy God Daughter aka flower girl) walked down the "aisle". And, an added bonus -- because you book the trio at a minimum time, they will also go to the reception to play until the time is up. After they were done, we used the "house system" for a variety of cds that I brought with me (reception was the Living Seas). Good luck in your decision!

hiwaygal
10-16-2005, 08:18 AM

What kind of music do you want them to play?

We had an intimate at SBP, and we selected all Disney music for the violinist...she did a WONDERFUL job!!

I was surprised at how good one violin sounded...

I also wanted to mention, that if you decide to go the CD route, it is my understanding (according to the info I got from Disney in June) that they will only play "original" CD's. In other words, you cannot create your own CD of mixed music for them to play. It has to do with copyright issues...

I thought about having my own music played at my ceremony, but after reading that, I decided it wasn't worth it to have to have someone keep changing the CD's and finding the right track, etc.

Laurafoster
10-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Thats a shame, it would be a hassle to have to keep changing track/CD etc all the time!

Mary626
10-16-2005, 12:26 PM
I think I'm going to go with a Guitar & Flute duo for my ceremony. I haven't heard what they sound like but I thought at least 2 instruments playing together would be more versatile then just a violin, and it really wasn't that much more expensive. I can sort of picture how it sounds in my head and I think it sounds fitting to the type of music I am selecting :)

For the reception, I decided to just use a DJ to make things that much simpler.

fynook12
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
you know what your right about the CD player!! I'll probably end up going with the string trio. It's cheaper than the string quartet but more background music than just a violin alone. Or, I don't know!!!! I guess i'll wait to see what the budget looks like and decide then. I'm having my PS on Nov. 29th so i'll make my decision then. Thanks to all the brides who posted there thoughts!!!! :earsboy:

Disneybridein2k3
10-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I also wanted to mention, that if you decide to go the CD route, it is my understanding (according to the info I got from Disney in June) that they will only play "original" CD's. In other words, you cannot create your own CD of mixed music for them to play. It has to do with copyright issues...

I thought about having my own music played at my ceremony, but after reading that, I decided it wasn't worth it to have to have someone keep changing the CD's and finding the right track, etc.

Unless they have changed something (and that seems entirely possible!), I was able to "burn" my own CDs and play them over the house system at the Living Seas. They cd player they had was a multi-disk player that my EM just put on random so it played all of the music I had not in any specific order. That was great for us once the string trio was done for the day!