PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook Conventions

C.Ann
10-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Anyone have a list of upcoming scrapbook conventions that are open to the public?

Thanks! :flower:

sandibeck
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Here are a couple of sites that might help you in finding a convention.
www.dreameventsinc.com (a friend of mine has attended a couple of their events and was very impressed)
www.creatingkeepsakes.com (on the left there's a link to 'conventions')

Hope these help you!! ::MinnieMo

DMRick
10-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I just got back from one in PA with about 150 people. I'm now digital scrapping..I like it a lot. They pulled me in kicking and screaming LOL. I mainly went because it was a computer crafting convention for years..this is the first time it was both. I did some traiditional scrapping too, but the digital is awesome! My daughter holds traditional scrapping (Creative Memories) workshops often. I think they are $10. I'm sure if you contact Creative Memories, they'll give you some local people who run workshops, or I can get a name or two of someone closer. Or you can hold a "party" and earn stuff for having one in your home.

Right near you (I learned at the convention), near the highschool and Adam's heating, is a scrapping store, and they have make it take it's several times a week. The gal at the show told me about them this weekend said they are just a few dollars. I didn't even know they were there, and I'll be going to some right after I get back from Disney.

C.Ann
10-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the replies! I've been scrapping up a storm lately and just wanted to get some ideas - see what types of layouts others are using and that sort of thing..

I've got two books done already - 3 and 4 started.. I may just have to drag all this junk to Florida with me!! LOL :flower:

There's lots of really great ideas on the internet, but I don't have a printer up here to print out any of the info or ideas..

DMRick
10-18-2005, 08:06 AM
There are also lots of Yahoo forums where people "show" there stuff to get ideas from.

HP was at the convention, and they also have a lot of ideas:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/acCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us&cat=35960

This is a great site, and even though it's digital, you can get a lot of ideas:
http://scrapbooking.com/

Just put scrapbooking in a google search, and you'll never have time to go to bed again. They have lots of traditional and digital places that will show up, with tons of ideas.

ETA: Another great place I have:
http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/layouts/

C.Ann
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Just put scrapbooking in a google search, and you'll never have time to go to bed again. They have lots of traditional and digital places that will show up, with tons of ideas.

-------------------

Yup! I've already spent several VERY late nights browsing the sites I came across via a Google search.. The worst was the night I was up till 4 a.m.. :earseek:

I found a really nice Scrapbook store in Gloversville last week.. A little pricey, but they had just the item I needed and were having a 15% off sale..

Next year I'll be sure to buy tons of supplies down home before I come up here so I don't have to fork over an arm and a leg.. LOL :teeth:

Fire14
10-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I know around these parts a lot of scrapbook stores have weekly workshops. I love going to creative memories workshops and you can locate consultants but going to their website and typing in zip code of area you want under locate a consultant.

A great internet group is disneyscrapers on yahoo groups.

C.Ann
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I know around these parts a lot of scrapbook stores have weekly workshops. I love going to creative memories workshops and you can locate consultants but going to their website and typing in zip code of area you want under locate a consultant.

A great internet group is disneyscrapers on yahoo groups.
--------------
Thanks!

I was looking more for the type of conventions where there would be suppliers selling their goods.. I have a friend in Connecticut that has been sending me Creative Memories items she's able to acquire for next to nothing so I was really interested in other suppliers.. :flower: